Experiences with non-techies

My school is making us get iPads. The stupid thing is that they are requiring iPads. Got another tablet? Nope, You need an iPad. Found a better performing if not cheaper tablet? Nope, You need an iPad. It's a stupid idea especially for the poorer students. Even used iPads need to have a pretty penny spent on them. iPad mini on amazon for $280 used is still pretty expensive for the lowest cost from amazon itself. I wouldn't have put this here if the school let the kids bring in some other tablets.

Current System: CPU - I5-6500 | Motherboard - ASRock H170M-ITX/ac | RAM - Mushkin Blackline 16GB DDR4 @ 2400mHz | GPU - EVGA 1060 3GB | Case - Fractal Design Nano S | Storage - 250GB 850 EVO, 3TB Barracuda | PSU - EVGA 450W 80+ Bronze | Display - AOC 22" 1080p IPS | Cooling - Phanteks PH-TC12DX_BK | Keyboard - Cooler Master QuickFire Rapid(MX Blues) | Mouse - Logitech G602 | Sound - Schiit Stack | Operating System - Windows 10

The OG System: I3-2370M @ 2.4 GHz, 750GB 5400 RPM HDD, 8GB RAM @1333Mhz, Lenovo Z580 Laptop (Ubuntu 16.04 LTS).

Peripherals: G602, AKG 240, Sennheiser HD 6XX, Audio-Technica 2500, Oneplus 5T, Odroid C2(NAS).

My school is making us get iPads. The stupid thing is that they are requiring iPads. Got another tablet? Nope, You need an iPad. Found a better performing if not cheaper tablet? Nope, You need an iPad. It's a stupid idea especially for the poorer students. Even used iPads need to have a pretty penny spent on them. iPad mini on amazon for $280 used is still pretty expensive for the lowest cost from amazon itself. I wouldn't have put this here if the school let the kids bring in some other tablets.

That is retarded that your school is doing that. In general Schools should either provide the ipads or just don't 

#KilledMyWife 

LTT's Resident Black Star

I should get an award for still being here at this point 

So the school is literally forcing everyone to buy an ipad

Is that even legal

<p>Wires Suck :angry:
!fY0|_|(4|\|R34[)7#!5PMM37#3(0[)3:1337 70833|\|73R3[)!|\|49!\/34\|/4Y 4|\|[)93741!f3

So the school is literally forcing everyone to buy an ipad

Is that even legal

I don't think so 

#KilledMyWife 

LTT's Resident Black Star

I should get an award for still being here at this point 

Please tell me with a Yak-9T.

Lagg 3-8. The 20m cannon + the 12.7machine gun kill very quickly quite op

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

My dad deleted cpu-z cause I installed it when building their pc without telling them. They thought that it was a virus...

Golly, I sure hope that my internets are all in a safe place...

Lagg 3-8. The 20m cannon + the 12.7machine gun kill very quickly quite op

The Beaufighter with its 20mm is really OP.

I had a similar experience in Maplin the other month, only, it wasn't me, it was another bloke. The shop assistant was trying to sell the guy a 650 Ti for £250 and a case for £120, a basic motherboard for £150 and an i5 for £300. I went over to him and asked why the prices were so high (mentioning the prices were cheaper elsewhere in-front of this customer) He then asked me to leave the store.

I am now banned from Maplin, Cheshire Oaks for a few years. Although it won't matter so much as the prices are extortionate and I think they'll go out of business soon. Happy days.

I had a similar experience in Maplin the other month, only, it wasn't me, it was another bloke. The shop assistant was trying to sell the guy a 650 Ti for £250 and a case for £120, a basic motherboard for £150 and an i5 for £300. I went over to him and asked why the prices were so high (mentioning the prices were cheaper elsewhere in-front of this customer) He then asked me to leave the store.

I am now banned from Maplin, Cheshire Oaks for a few years. Although it won't matter so much as the prices are extortionate and I think they'll go out of business soon. Happy days.

I have been in Maplin a couple of times and I dislike it so much when they keep nagging people when you first walk in

I got annoyed at my friend so spent two hours doing something I thought was not necessary, but how else are people going to learn!

Standing out front of a blatant rip off store (while not being on the property) with a sign instigating obvious ripoffs instore, advertising on your board the RIGHT places to go.

Done this once after a mate of mine who works there blatantly said he didn't care about his customers,and knew that he was overcharging people.

Well I do care about people making Informed choices.

I'm not on their property or interrupting people who DO walk in. But I made my point when I counted the tally of how many people I had helped not go in there to get ripped off.

I did waste my own time doing so, but felt a lot better when I was done.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

I remember when I came back home from school and found that my mum plugged in my usb mouse into the ethernet port. I think she was cleaning my room and my mouse was unplugged and she was in a rush

Yeah...pretty sure that isn't legal.

Back in the day my middle school wanted uniforms, but because the school didn't provide them there had to be an option to opt out.  Needless to say half the student body opted out and things weren't very uniform, but the point is the school cannot mandate students purchase anything.

You should go complain to the administration.

Intel Core i7-7700K | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW | ASUS ROG Strix Z270G Gaming | 32GB G-Skill TridentZ RGB DDR4-3200 | Corsair AX860i

Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 3 Samsung 950 Pro 256GB | Samsung 850 Evo 1TB | EKWB Custom Loop | Noctua NF-F12(x4)/NF-A14 LTT Special Edition

Dell S2716DGR | Corsair K95 RGB Platinum (Cherry MX Brown) | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | FiiO E17 DAC/Amp | Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro

computer stores shoving terrible builds down people's throats. and of course people trust them more.

| i5 3570 | Palit GTX 680 jetsream | Gigabyte Z77x-ud3h | Corsair Vengeance 2x4 1600mhz | WD Caviar Black  1TB | Corsair TX 650m | Coolemaster Hyper212 X | NZXT Pantom 410 | Asus VS239 | Logitech G400s |

Click here to learn how to troll

It's not.

They strongly recommend and convince the students to buy them, but it's not mandatory. The teachers have to provide another source of the information with either a textbook or even handouts. They can convince as much as they want, but they can't make them.

computer stores shoving terrible builds down people's throats. and of course people trust them more.

My local store is selling this PC for 1200 Euros

CPU:4440

Ram:8gb

GPU:7770(yes that is right)

Hdd:500Gb

Plastic 20 bucks case

and ofcourse a 850w chinese PSU

"You can get more of what you want with a kind word and a gun than you can with just a kind word." -- Al Capone.

My local store is selling this PC for 1200 Euros

CPU:4440

Ram:8gb

GPU:7770(yes that is right)

Hdd:500Gb

Plastic 20 bucks case

and ofcourse a 850w chinese PSU

bet that psu has like ten rails or something stupid.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Back in the day my middle school wanted uniforms, but because the school didn't provide them there had to be an option to opt out.  Needless to say half the student body opted out and things weren't very uniform, but the point is the school cannot mandate students purchase anything.

You should go complain to the administration.

Well if the school is private it might not fall under the same regulations as public schools do. My 0-9 school had mandatory uniforms and and nobody complained as it was private...

so this one time I was hanging out with my friend who is the manager at a tech shop by where I live and a girl comes in and buys a 2tb hard drive. we let her know that we install hard drives for $1 (the cost of the sata cable we use) and she says "just because I am a woman does not mean I cant work on computers" and leaves in a huff. two days later she comes back in saying that the HDD is not working so we take the computer in to look at it, we open it and the HDD is nowhere to be seen, so we ask her where it is. and it turns out that she scanned it and put the scanned image on her desktop to install the drive. and to top that off she threw away the drive she paid almost $200 for and she wanted us to give her a new one.

WTF!!! thats the most hilarious thing ive seen in the whole year, you just made my day X'D

so this one time I was hanging out with my friend who is the manager at a tech shop by where I live and a girl comes in and buys a 2tb hard drive. we let her know that we install hard drives for $1 (the cost of the sata cable we use) and she says "just because I am a woman does not mean I cant work on computers" and leaves in a huff. two days later she comes back in saying that the HDD is not working so we take the computer in to look at it, we open it and the HDD is nowhere to be seen, so we ask her where it is. and it turns out that she scanned it and put the scanned image on her desktop to install the drive. and to top that off she threw away the drive she paid almost $200 for and she wanted us to give her a new one.

Sounds like someone heard something about disk images, but didn't quite get it. :)

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

I'be got unia one friend, who thinks that he knows everything 'bout everything.

One day he asked if Ps3 has HDMI, so I replayed:

-Yes, of course

- And how do I connect it to my monitor?

-Emm, you just plug the cable into ur monitor and PS3

-How do I do that?

FACEPALM

He- And I have a strange HDMI.

-Maybe you have DisplayPort, they look similiar

-No it is HDMI

-Mini Hdmi, maybe?

-No it is HDMI, ill send u a photo.

And he send me a pić of a VGA connector... Yes image the look on my face...

I got another story, I'll save it for later ;>

3770k MaxVFormula 7970 16gb AX760 1 barracuda 250 840 NHD14 

I finally sold my CM Storm Sirus 5.1 gaming headset on craigslist

met the guy, I stayed nice and helpful all the time, explained the whole products as I handed it over to him (as in how it worked, how to use it, etc). I said to use the USB connection since he didn't have a sound card and install the drivers

he called once he got home asking how he hooks it up with the 3.5mm jacks. he was on the verge of calling me out on a scam because they didn't sound right

he never installed drivers

ugh, I hate selling stuff off CL

I work as a hardware IT for a university, dealing mostly with professors and their variety of tech related needs.  I get a support ticket from the Dean of Computer Engineering stating that he is convinced that his CPU has a virus.  Impossible to make him understand that this is impossible, but I would wipe & put a new image on his computer anyway.