New Platform Launch Feedback & FAQ

If you act like Vessel doesn't exist, there will be literally no difference for you. We will still release a video each and every day on YouTube.

being aware that I'm missing out is painful.

$3 is not a huge deal. but Vessel shouldn't see 0.01% of my $3 until that site is up to par. is it in beta?

because it looks like beta. >.>

I did that one hour ago. Still no email.

And besides my signing up issue. I noticed the colors of video's on Vessel are... well.. uglier.

2015-03-24_12-54-24.jpg

mine seems okay now... i logged out and logged in again and i was able to watch the vids. at first i had one year free but unable to watch the new vids.

try watching this, see if you can access it: https://www.vessel.com/videos/G-DUjgUyY

Is anyone else not able to log in on the desktop site? I created my account on my phone this morning and when I open the page on my PC and click the  "Log In" link in the upper right it opens the create new account window and there is not an option for "I already have an account" or something like that. I would love to watch the videos the LTT uploaded but the site so far is a huge pile of crap.

had that same problem too! Login form submit button said sign up instead. reopened vessel after clearing history and it was fine for me after that.

I have run into an issue with vessel, one which i dont expect u guys to be able to fix, but just a heads up, your youtube videos loads just fine (even 1080p), but due to me living in malaysia, yes where u are now linus, vessel's video buffers really slowly, even without turning on HD   

I live in the UK and the Vessel videos are loading really really slowly. Even 4K works for me on YouTube without any problems. Pausing the vessel videos to let them buffer does not seem to work for me also as the video preloads a few seconds then stops. Even if I leave it for like 30 mins only a few seconds of video are preloaded.

I support your attempt to increase revenue but the lack of mobile support makes Vessel completely unusable for me. I watch videos exclusively on my Shield and unless I'm missing something, Vessel has absolutely no support for Android devices. I don't have a problem with the move to a subscription-based service but I have to question the choice of platform. Mobile support and HD video are basic features for a streaming service, let alone a subs5cription only website. I hope these features will be implemented in the short term because I'd like to be a part of this move.

I think a lot of what I want to say has been said:

1. slow loading site and videos tend to buffer slower (youtube 1080p is fine but 720p on vessel gets stuck every few seconds on the same line)

2. no specific control over video quality (Hd on or off only? really?)

3. no android or samsung smart tv app

but a lot of this is vessel's problem. I understand that LMG has to make some money some way since google is messing things up so I'll still go on vessel and run it in the background so you guys get the ad revenue then wait for it to come to youtube (double revenue for you guys yeay~) but the platform really needs to buck up. You guys are still awesome and we all appreciate you forwardness and honesty with your fans!

I did that one hour ago. Still no email.

And besides my signing up issue. I noticed the colors of video's on Vessel are... well.. uglier.

2015-03-24_12-54-24.jpg

Your reds are showing. TN panel kek?

WYiJi4V.jpg

γνῶθι σεαυτόν

my feedback so far:

1. no speed control. I usually watch your reviews and wanshows at x1.5

2. the HD is HD as in 720p i think?

3. (this I like) NO ADVERTISEMENTS!!!

Hmm yeah I think I could like Vessel ut a few things are really bad:

- no Android support

- no new line function for comments (every longer comment looks like a mess)

- I watched the "New NAS Hyper Server" (sorry forgot the name) Video and wanted to click on the field: "click here to watch the video I refer to" and... yeah, there is no field to click... 

I know this aren't THE problem but for me they are..

greez

TKFT <3

Vessel looks like 720p. YouTube looks like 4K on 4K supported videos. If Vessel won't have 4K support, there is no way I am going to switch. Also a paid service to watch my favorite youtubers? Hell no.

Desktop: i9 12900K - 64GB 6000 MHz CL36 - RTX 4090 X3 OC

Unraid server: Ryzen 3900X - 32GB 3200 MHz CL14 - Quadro P2000 - 50+ TB raw

I have had some problems with Vessel. Namely it does not seem that I have the one free year when I followed the linustech link and the payer to active a free month also isn't working

Whatever keeps the LTT train going. Good call. Hell i spend 15$ a month on Eve and 10$ a month as a contributor. What is 3 bucks more? 1 less trip to Mcdonalds? I am ok with this. (Plus i'm kinda fat)

oh yes... the timing at the bottom of the video is time left instead of how long into the video... minor problem but I cant help noticing it... :)

I completely understand the need to supplement some income by going the route with vessel however there are some complaints that I have mostly regarding Vessel. First off the quality feels much lower on their site, although I cant tell you for certain if its in 720p or 1080p as it doesn't display that on an on and off hd button. Not that it affects me, but there is no closed caption option. There is one feature I will really like to see implemented as I use it for ALL my Youtube videos I watch and that is 1.5x speed, so I can get through my videos for the day a bit quicker and have more of my free time saved. Another first world complaint is that in the sign up stage I couldn't proceed with out picking a few channels to follow most of which I had no interest in so I followed ones I am not particularly interested in. Lastly on Vessels side is the "niche" market support (for lack of a better term) Example is products like my Razer Deathstalker Ultimate, (a regretted purchase but a story for another time) has a built in screen that acts as a touch-pad and monitor when I don't supremely care for quality and speed I can watch content there while being productive elsewhere as Vessel is not supported there and on many other unique products like that. I am glad that the company will be able to better support itself and has more room for growth, I unfortunately am just not a fan of the change and I am not a fan of having to use a platform I'm not comfortable / doesn't meet my expectations in order to stay as caught up as possible with you guys. End of rant.

Layout looks great, but the poor quality is a no for me.

They really need to improve that if they want us to pay for that.

Build & peripherals:

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790k & Noctua NH-D15  | Motherboard: ASUS Maximus VII Hero | Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1866 | Storage: OCZ Vertex 460 240GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM HDD | Video Card: ASUS GeForce Strix GTX 1070 O8G Gaming | Case: Corsair Carbide Air 540 | Power Supply: Corsair CX600M V2 80+ Bronze | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Logitech G600 | Monitors: ASUS VG 248QE & ASUS VS229HR | Headset: Hyper X Cloud II

I'm happy to see you guys giving Vessel a try.  If it brings you guys more success then I'm all for it.  You guys work very hard and provide great quality content.  Here's my two favourite videos from your Vessel page (contest entry):

https://www.vessel.com/videos/G-DUjgUyY

https://www.vessel.com/videos/DkWN4qqW1

Thanks for being awesome :)

While vessel may seem like a better alternative for LMG it still isn't perfect. For starters it lacks the support of mobile playback which is a huge issue to viewers who are used to watching LTT on the go. While not common it still is an issue that people will have to deal with. Also the quality doesn't seem to be on par with YouTube. Videos tend to look compressed and the only two options for quality are "HD on or auto". The video details does not support links and we can't dislike video to give Linus quick feedback about the content. On the other side Vessel is still a new platform which very few people upload to and even less people knew about it but i also means that it's not a final version. I'm sure that after Linus flooded vessel's servers with free accounts, this service will become a more popular option among the community and will improve with time.

Having caught up on all the content on Vessel and using that as my sample size of their service, I'm not that impressed. It feels clunky and 'flash based', like those websites from the early 2000s that were needlessly animated and would take twice as long to browse. The lack of resolution options is a killer for me, being in Australia with crappy internet and download limits, I'd much rather say 'only show 720p, and never 1080p' which is something I can do on youtube. As others have said, there's only the 'HD auto' or 'on' option on vessel, and it does seem lower quality.

I'm a daily watcher, I go and catch up on the several videos posted by the various channels I'm subscribed to; and I'd have to remember to specifically go and check vessel for a new LTT video. Even as a free service, this is a barrier, unless you're going to tease the newest vessel video on the youtube one, I'll likely forget to do so. It will also inhibit me from linking my friends to your videos in that week long period before it is on youtube, which is a shame as I like to discuss certain things with them.

I can understand why you are doing this, and why you need to, but maybe vessel needs to have some kind of youtube integration, where it can grab your sub list and embedd the videos, letting you stay at one place? Even as a free service, I currently can't see myself switching which is a shame, as I want you guys to succeed and be around 5ever. I hope the service matures, perhaps gets more of the viewers I watch, and more customisability... and the ability to double click to full screen.

Edit: Another thought I had; its a bit jarring when there are referrals to youtube features on the vessel video such as annotations, and any chance of a better URL than.5455069242570208 ?