New Platform Launch Feedback & FAQ

I have three questions:

What if you are not from the US or Canada? How do you pay from Europe (in my case from Germany)?

And second, do I have to pay immediately after the freetime had expired? I can't find the "Cancel Subscription" Button.

Last but not least, what does the color coded B/S/L/X and so on stands for?

It's new.... its different but hey i get to watch linus videos earlier hell i'll do it lol
i would support the cause if i could butttt college student ans such you know..... (Mac n Cheese) xD

Overall service quality about the same as Youtube, takes a little longer to load but i actually like this UI a lot better than YouTube's 

Edit: Does it not buffer the video data but only stream it?? 

I'm perfectly fine with paying to help LMG but I don't like how Vessel doesn't have many video quality options. I have AWFUL internet and can only watch 360p videos without buffering and sometimes that needs to be knocked down to 144p if it's having a really bad day. The lack of an Android app is also sad since I normally start each day by watching the new LTT video in bed. These are just my initial impressions after watching one video.

I have run into an issue with vessel, one which i dont expect u guys to be able to fix, but just a heads up, your youtube videos loads just fine (even 1080p), but due to me living in malaysia, yes where u are now linus, vessel's video buffers really slowly, even without turning on HD   

my download speed is 8mbps and it runs fine 

Specs: AMD FX 6300 @ 4ghz, Asus R9 270 OC, 8gb Corsair xms3, Cooler Master GX 550w PSU, WD 500 blue, Gigabyte  GA-970A-DS3

Hello there,

I always watch our vids plus, i have a vessel account using the free 1 year subs.

My username: xXGamesmasheRXx

Videos watched: LG Curved Monitor 34um67 & Gigabyte P34W ;) , I COMMENTED ON THESE TOO!

I hope win anything from this :( , 1% Chance!!

Wrong thread

This is so cool! I love the content that you guys do! I just have one question tho.... how come the giveaway link isn't working? I click on it from YouTube, email, and from the forums message I got, and it says, "Sorry! We couldn't find that!"

I know that LMG needs more money per view on their videos but Vessel just confuses things a lot :( They don't even have an android app which I will now have to be on my computer to watch their videos. I will probably just wait until they come out on YouTube because of the ease of use. I love LinusTechTips and will continue to support them in the future but vessel is just not working for me right now :/ 

CPU: Intel i7 4790k  Motherboard: MSI Z97S Sli Krait Edition  RAM: 16GB Kingston Hyperx Fury (black)  GPU: Gigabyte Geforce GTX970  
Case: Coolermaster Mastercase Pro 5  Storage: 1TB WD 120GB Samsung OSD  PSU: Corsair RM750  Monitor: Acer 23"  
KeyboardCM Storm Quickfire TK Cherry MX Blue  OS: Windows 10     Working on hardline watercooling!  :D

Here are my 2 cents to the matter. I can understand, why you do it, but i don't like it. 3 $ sounds not too much, but i don't wont to commit myself at the moment for a monthly fee for yet another thing (and i haven't seen answer about payment options yet or i overlooked it) even if it will be one year free. My other complain is, that this model is NOT EARLY ACCESS, it's DELAYED ACCESS for youtube watchers and this upset me the most. I could live with 1 or 2 days delay without problem and would be happy to pay 3 $ a month to get it a bit earlier, but a week is imho too long. Well, we will see, if it's for good or for bad, but for the moment it leaves me with some funny taste in my mouth.

I hope Vessel's monetization model is better than it's consumer usability. The free first year is nice BUT: Video quality is subpar. With Safari (OSX) I couldn't even switch to 'HD on', if the video played at all. Had to switch to Chrome to watch the videos (video quality was still not as on youtube). I hate when sites don't let you open new tabs on links. Overall, there are a lot of things vessel has to improve before I would pay for another year.

Am looking forward to the awesome content, though.

Cheers guys.

I have a question about the giveaway I don't live in USA or Canada so I was wondering if it is international

WHY DID I THINK VESSLE WAS $25 A MONTH

for $3 i will definitely be subbing to vessel.

Idea! a vessel badge. 

My Rig  

PCPartPicker part list: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/kGNksY

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($379.00 @ shopRBC) 

CPU Cooler: RAIJINTEK THEMIS 65.7 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($34.99 @ NCIX) 

Motherboard: MSI CSM-H87M-G43 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($78.83 @ DirectCanada) 

Memory: Kingston HyperX 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($139.99 @ Memory Express) 

Storage: Kingston Fury 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($71.34 @ DirectCanada) 

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($92.95 @ Vuugo) 

Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon R9 280X 3GB Video Card  ($298.98 @ Newegg Canada) 

Case: Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($125.98 @ Newegg Canada) 

Power Supply: Corsair CX 600W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($66.99 @ NCIX) 

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 - 64-bit (OEM) (64-bit)  ($116.00 @ shopRBC) 

Case Fan: Cougar Turbine 120 (4-Pack) 60.4 CFM 120mm  Fans  ($23.99 @ NCIX) 

Monitor: HP 22xi 60Hz 21.5" Monitor  ($187.11 @ Amazon Canada) 

Monitor: HP 22xi 60Hz 21.5" Monitor  ($187.11 @ Amazon Canada) 

Keyboard: Logitech G710 Wired Gaming Keyboard  ($114.99 @ NCIX) 

Mouse: Razer DeathAdder 2013 Wired Optical Mouse  ($76.99 @ Amazon Canada) 

Headphones: Kingston HyperX Cloud Pro Headset  ($78.98 @ DirectCanada) 

Total: $2074.22

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when availableGenerated by PCPartPicker 2015-04-10 15:33 EDT-0400Build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/303263-the-dell-from-hell/#entry4121100 

Phone Compassion Spreadsheet https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1EN6s426gyxqPloIqT4wQ7Y7yovkkQy_5B3djVN-N-R8/edit#gid=0

Gta V Pc Online Crew http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/344773-unofficial-linus-tech-tips-gta-v-crew-pc/

I am in the same boat as some others: Signed up, saw the part saying I would get 1 year premium early access, finished setting up my account, did not get premium early access, cannot watch early access videos, cannot enter contest, contest thread is down. I can't even imagine the headache this is causing both LMG and Vessel right now.

http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/6145146?
This is how you own price to performance.
"Life is too precious to be wasted in misery." -Me.

LINUS! The SPEED... it's really really awful.

i can watch HD on youtube hassle free, no buffer whatsoever, but on Vessel it buffers and buffers and buffers (i am not even on HD, i am on auto)

FYi i live in south east asia. This is bad Linus, really bad.

OK so I think the giveaway link is down so i will do this here:

vessel username~ pieterre300

5K Nvidia Geforce Titan X SLI Preformance Benchmarks~ https://www.vessel.com/videos/JemZ8O7Hy

4K display + Alienware 18 + i7 4940MX at 4.0Ghz = Awesome~ https://www.vessel.com/videos/dDXYfUdfZ

Fingers crossed and I hope I win!

Thanks!

hi, why doesn't Vessel show the viewer count ? or is it just me that's missing it? 

I've signed up for Vessel. I am looking forward to trying something new. YouTube has become one of my primary sources of entertainment. I don't love YouTube iteslf, but the contet avialable, so ultimately I will follow the content.

For me Vessel could replace YouTube only if:

1) They get a good Andriod App

2) I can stream to my TV. I only what the WAN Show when i stream it to my TV. Chromecast, Amazon Fire Stick, Samsung TV app.

3) The content is there.

paused a vid, got a coffee, klicked on play ...and nothing happend...every vid after that was just showing the loading circle; solution: logged out...logged back in...everything is workin conventional ! 

This is an alpha...this is not a beta. Yeah...and we're running it on production ! [LinusTech & SlickPC]   ~    More Power Than All the Computers in 1999! [Our Servers ^^]

Eborth is my name, loving vessel, it feels nice to get away from Youtube. I hope Vessel will focus on user feedback and keeps imroving their site. I'm happy to be able to support you guys as you move forward. Although I have one gripe... no app? They need to get on this, as I consume a majority of my content on a tablet, but maybe it's a good thing that I will be forced to start to use my desktop more. 

LG 21:9           https://www.vessel.com/videos/G-DUjgUyY

Crazy Server   https://www.vessel.com/videos/LCoY5zfFf

Here's hoping youtube-dl gets vessel support, so I can watch these dang videos in a separate player.

A lighter website UI would be nice too.

Also, the whole notion of making me follow some people just to sign up it a terrible idea and I unfollowed the crap I picked at random

I wish you guys the best of luck! However, that being said, i would rather all my money go to you and not a third party.

Everything that's in my PC and on my desk

Intel Core i5 4670K | MSI Z87-G45 Gaming | Corsair Vengeance LP 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 770 Gaming 2GB | Corsair Obsidian 450D | Intel 530 Series 240GB SSD | Toshiba 1TB HDD | Corsair CX750M  | Scythe Mugen 4 PCGH Edition | NZXT Hue RGB Leds | 2x Corsair AF140 Quiet Edition | Corsair AF120 Performance Edition | Nanoxia Frontpanel Extension Red | AOC G2770PQU | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate MX Brown | Corsair Vengeance M65 FPS | Corsair Vengeance 1500