New Platform Launch Feedback & FAQ

At the moment I think it is 1080p, but they have been really open to our suggestions for higher resolution and higher bitrate options. Not sure when they can implement those, but we will be some of the first to know when they do.

Hm.. that's good but maybe it's my imagination but even for 1080p it seems kind of meh. The quality stuff is my biggest complaint for sure.

I dont think you guys realise how big of a deal it is to hold back content even if it is for only a couple days. I understand you will still be releasing content on YT daily but I don't think it makes a difference. Especially for reviews for items on release day (or close to). Coming in upto a week late is a big disadvantage. 

sup guys

first off, I'm cool with this whole vessel thing. it's a neat platform which has many benefits over YouTube.

only issues are:

• that I can't seem to find a Vessel Android app which is a nuisance as I watch the vast majority of my LTT content on my phone. Do you know if Vessel have plans to release an android app?
  • I'd really appreciate it if Vessel had more options for the quality of video streaming. Sometimes, like if I'm just watching the WAN show I'd prefer even lower quality to save on downloads and sometimes I want higher, all depending on what the particular content is. just having a toggle between "HD" and "auto" doesn't really cut it for me :/

(also your giveaway is insanely awesome! You'll hit 50,000 entries easy)

Anyways, you guys rock! keep it up!

and Linus, enjoy your holiday :)

i like turtles

@Slick

I just got this email. Don't know if it is because of what you did, but thanks!

The only thing I did was clicking the bit.ly/linusearly while logged in to my Vessel account.

post-34211-0-40321400-1427197672_thumb.j

post-34211-0-40321400-1427197672_thumb.j

I think that vessel is a great idea and all but I found it is really buggy and tacky. I play your videos and the audio plays multiples times or it loops or lags.

What if I already have a Vessel account? How can I get my first year free? I made it when Linus started talking about it to try it out, does this mean I'm going to miss out on m1 year free Vessel?

Dutch, 21 y/o and a little bit crazy | Later klootviool, ga maar lekker batsen met je oma.

I'm starting to see how crappy Vessel is. "We'll get back to you in a flash." says their support page. That's not true at all.

NOW I CAN'T EVEN LOG IN!! There's only registering?! Help? I guess?

Spoiler

PRE-BUILT DESKTOP | CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 @ 3GHz | RAM: 4GB DDR2 @ 800MHz (2GBX2) | GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GT 430 w/ 2GB VRAM | HDDs: 3.5" Samsung HD501LJ ATA 500GB 7200rpm & 3.5" Samsung 502IJ ATA 500GB 7200rpm | PSU: MODECOM Feel III-500Watt ATX | Displays: Samsung SyncMaster T22B350 (1920x1080) & LG Flatron W2234S (1680x1050) | OS: Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit & Ubuntu Linux 14.04 LTS | Peripherals: Logitech M90 gray mice & Acme KM10 keyboard | Sound: HDMI 2.0

DELL INSPIRON 15 7000 SERIES (7537) LAPTOP | CPU: Intel i7-4510U @ 2GHz | RAM: 8GB DDR3 @ 1600MHz (4GBX2) | GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M w/ 2GB VRAM | SSHD: 2.5" 1TB + 8GB Flash | Display: 15.6" 1920x1080 IPS w/ Multi-Touch | OS: Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit | Peripherals: Logitech M100 white mice | Sound:  Logitech Z130 2.0

OTHER DEVICES | Phone: Samsung Galaxy Alpha 32GB

What if I already have a Vessel account? How can I get my first year free? I made it when Linus started talking about it to try it out, does this mean I'm going to miss out on m1 year free Vessel?

Try going to the bit.ly/linusearly link while loghed in at vessel and wait for an email? Im not sure if that was what I did or if it was someone at LMG side emailing Vessel about my similar problem.

when i go to login i have a sighnup window popup, but i have already created an account and cant login. HELP

The Wannabe is no longer. Replaced by the Flotilla. If you replace every part of a computer is it still the same computer?

Survived the Survivor 2299

Audio Engineer, Lighting Programmer, Video Engineer, FOH.

Try going to the bit.ly/linusearly link while loghed in at vessel and wait for an email? Im not sure if that was what I did or if it was someone at LMG side emailing Vessel about my similar problem.

I did that one hour ago. Still no email.

And besides my signing up issue. I noticed the colors of video's on Vessel are... well.. uglier.

2015-03-24_12-54-24.jpg

Dutch, 21 y/o and a little bit crazy | Later klootviool, ga maar lekker batsen met je oma.

I actually found like 15 channels I subscribe to on youtube outside of LTT, though in all honestly 3 bucks per months is a bit much, coming next year I hope LTT has a patreon account or something I'd rather contribute directly than to Vessel

-------

Current Rig

-------

Is anyone else not able to log in on the desktop site? I created my account on my phone this morning and when I open the page on my PC and click the  "Log In" link in the upper right it opens the create new account window and there is not an option for "I already have an account" or something like that. I would love to watch the videos the LTT uploaded but the site so far is a huge pile of crap.

*****Update... The "Log In" button is now working I just went back and tried it, not sure what the issue was.*****

I watched a few videos and the site is awful IMO the videos take 5 mins to buffer on a 30Mbps connection, and as other members have pointed out the audio it really bad, it jitters and cuts in and out while the video is still playing, what makes them (Vessel) think this service is worth any amount of money?

I'm going to give it some more time over the next week or so but my initial impression is that the site is a huge mess.

I just registered. I hope they post on youtube as well though.

Thank you Linus for reading this .

Vessel is nice and a better way to support people that make videos , but i'm gonna pay for it , it's design better get better . I have 3 complaints :

-Too much wasted space , there should be modes similar to youtube .

-What do yo mean HD on/off ? Where's the 360 ,480 , 720 , 1080 ?

- When you want to open in new tab videos by middle clicking them it counts as a click .

I don't know if you can communicate to them these issues , but you're surely in better contact with them than i am . 

Thanks again !

i already don't like vessel >.<

CPU: AMD 5790t Motherboard: Gigabyte Forumlar XII RAM: Ah Whole set of it GPU: GTX 290x Ti Storage: Ah Ton of HDD PSU: Once it on Display(s): Well I still seeing pixels Cooling: It running COOL BRO Keyboard: *click* *click* Mouse: MORE *click* Sound: OHH DE BASEE

@Slick, you guys have said on a number of occasions that this service is not a replacement for YouTube.  Okay, that's fine.  It almost seems counter-intuitive in a couple of different ways.

1.  Given that the service is already low cost, it doesn't seem like you will be receiving that much money anyway after Vessel takes their cut.  For being a paid platform, Vessel has some major work to do.  I have noticed the quality drop that others have mentioned as well.

2.  Uploading to two different places seems like a lot of work for very little gain.  Why not just allow people to make one-time, monthly, or annual payments directly to LMG?  I mention direct payments since PayPal does take a cut, so having the option to bypass PayPal would be nice.

My PC specifications are in my profile.

I signed up, but now I can't log in... When I click on "Log In," it brings up a separate sign-up box. Is anyone else having this problem or know how to fix it?

This kind of feels like christmas. Multiple LMG videos released on the same day AND presents! :)

I really like both vessel's concept and the site itself. Missing mobile support for android is completely ridiculous though. I can't even get this to work via dektop-mode-browsing on my android tablet...

If it wasn't out of support for you guys, I would totally boycott this service until they got their priorities straight.

Will there be a Vessel Android app? I mostly watch LTT videos on my phone, and I would like to do the same with Vessel

I signed up, watched a couple of videos.  I will not be using Vessel to watch videos at all, even for free.  There is no option to watch videos at fast speed, a complete deal killer for me.  I can't spend all day watching the WAN show and other LTT and similar YouTube videos.  I can spend half a day however.

I realize the service is new and that option may be added later, but for now nope.

Also are all the 1 time posters( new accounts ) on the giveaway going to be counted ? And how will you combat people just making 1000 accounts ?

And besides my signing up issue. I noticed the colors of video's on Vessel are... well.. uglier.

I found this too. It's like someone threw a transparent white layer over the video

CPU Intel i7 3770K | Motherboard ASUS Z77 Sabertooth | RAM G.Skill Ripjaws Z 16GB(4x 4GB) | GPU ASUS GeForce GTX 680 DirectCU II TOP | Case Thermaltake Overseer | Storage Samsung SSD 500GB 850EVO, WD Caviar Black 1TB | PSU Cooler Master Silent Pro M2 Series 1000W | Display(s) ASUS PB278Q 27", 2x Samsung LS22C45KBW 22" | Cooling Corsair Hydro Series H75 | Keyboard Razer Lycosa | Mouse Razer Lachesis | Sound Dell speakers a525 2.1, Razer Kraken 7.1 | Operating System Windows 7 Professional