Any musicians here?

Lauen

now, I don't mean musician as in you've recorded albums or something, I just mean people who can play instruments! 

as for me; I've played drums since about october 2009, bought a used kit for about 400 dollars (2400 norwegian kroner) and I've played pretty much every day since, usually an hour. I didn't play to music 'till I had played for about a year, when I was able to play several different rhythms and some pretty basic rudiments at low speed. 

Kit is: a Peace Origin kit, year: rougly 2000,  20x14 bass drum, 10x10, 12x12, 14x14 toms (yes, theyre squared, and sort of hard to place properly) and a 14x5.5 snare, 14 "Roytek" hihat, 16 "Sweetspot" crash, 20" "Harpy B-series" ride. added a new stand for cymbals, and a new snare, 14x6.5 (Pearl, no idea what series it was, it's stainless steel) and Remo heads all around, using some Ambassadors and some Emperors. Remo Pinstripe on the bass drum. I also broke the 16" Sweetspot crah a couple of months ago, it never sounded good anyway. 

now I am playing mostly metal, Pagan's Mind, Judas Priest, Megadeth, some Lamb of God, and a few songs by Avenged Sevenfold (Afterlife, Nightmare, Critical Acclaim, God Hates Us, A Little Piece of Heaven) I can also do blast-beats at about 200-210 bpm, judging by George Kollias in one of his blast videos. 

I consider myself an average drummer in metal, maybe a little on the slow side. I am not "educated" (I am self taught) by any means necessary, I don't know much about time (all that 4/4 and stuff), I just play, like Gene Hoglan in his early years. 

Reviews: JBL J33i   M50s   SRH440   Soundmagic PL50           

Self taught player guitar player for 10 years. Have a Jackson USA KV2 and a Jackson USA SLATQ Soloist 

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

I have played the clarinette for 7 years (8-15 I think). Then I gave up on the clarinette and started playing classical guitar for 4 years until I was 19 and also picked up acoustic and electric guitar along the way. Then I stopped taking classes for classical guitar but carried on playing acoustic and electric guitar (and classical guitar from time to time) until last year when I also picked up piano classes for one year. I progressed pretty quickly but still dropped it after one year because I didn't really have any fun playing the instrument. Now I'm still playing the guitar and next year I'm planning on picking classes for classical guitar again.

Aaaaand as for my guitar collection....

http://imgur.com/a/9ssKB

I'm a master of the air guitar

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

Self taught player guitar player for 10 years. Have a Jackson USA KV2 and a Jackson USA SLATQ Soloist 

I suppose your name is a reference to Dave Mustaine from Megadeth? :P 

I find that many of my favorite guitarists are self-taught, like K.K Downing from Judas Priest, and he just plays so beautifully, and (at least from what I can tell) he really puts effort and emotion into his solos, like the one in Victim of Changes.. 

I have played the clarinette for 7 years (8-15 I think). Then I gave up on the clarinette and started playing classical guitar for 4 years until I was 19 and also picked up acoustic and electric guitar along the way. Then I stopped taking classes for classical guitar but carried on playing acoustic and electric guitar (and classical guitar from time to time) until last year when I also picked up piano classes for one year. I progressed pretty quickly but still dropped it after one year because I didn't really have any fun playing the instrument. Now I'm still playing the guitar and next year I'm planning on picking classes for classical guitar again.

Aaaaand as for my guitar collection....

http://imgur.com/a/9ssKB

Interesting road to take, going from clarinette to guitar.. But just saying, everyone can have fun with an electric guitar, pretending to be some sort of rockstar (Angus Young, anyone? :D ) but it takes devotion and interest to keep it going. 

I'm a master of the air guitar

Truly great. but many can claim this title, there should be a world championship! 

Truly great. but many can claim this title, there should be a world championship! 

Surely everyone would win, doing air guitar you never miss a note unless the CD starts skipping

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

Interesting road to take, going from clarinette to guitar.. But just saying, everyone can have fun with an electric guitar, pretending to be some sort of rockstar (Angus Young, anyone? :D ) but it takes devotion and interest to keep it going. 

Ha, true that. It's awesome to just turn up the amp and play some chords that sound good, get some rythm going and get a little creative. 

playing the bass guitar^^ about 4 years on and off
Playing mostly rock/metal but now that i've sold my bc rich warwick :( i don't have that much incentive to play..
Only have a cheapo generic model now :( but another brick in the wall is still fun to play

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

I play the Skin Flute and the Tromboner. 

I play guitar, Bass, Mandolin, Banjo, Keyboards, And the electric Glockenspiel :)

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

I suppose your name is a reference to Dave Mustaine from Megadeth? :P

Yes sir

My name is also David, so I found it fitting :)

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

playing the bass guitar^^ about 4 years on and off

Playing mostly rock/metal but now that i've sold my bc rich warwick :( i don't have that much incentive to play..

Only have a cheapo generic model now :( but another brick in the wall is still fun to play

Bass is seriously underrated! 

I play the Skin Flute and the Tromboner. 

I play guitar, Bass, Mandolin, Banjo, Keyboards, And the electric Glockenspiel :)

lol at first two

I love banjo, though. definately one of the coolest sounding instruments, IMO. 

I played the so-called Glockenspiel (but we called it klokkespill, as I am norwegian) and I managed to play "Old Mcdonald had a farm", I was super proud, I was like.. 8 :D

Bass is seriously underrated! 

lol at first two

I love banjo, though. definately one of the coolest sounding instruments, IMO. 

I played the so-called Glockenspiel (but we called it klokkespill, as I am norwegian) and I managed to play "Old Mcdonald had a farm", I was super proud, I was like.. 8 :D

i was jk about the glockenspiel. But everything else was true. Need to get another bass though :/ 

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

now, I don't mean musician as in you've recorded albums or something, I just mean people who can play instruments! 

as for me; I've played drums since about october 2009, bought a used kit for about 400 dollars (2400 norwegian kroner) and I've played pretty much every day since, usually an hour. I didn't play to music 'till I had played for about a year, when I was able to play several different rhythms and some pretty basic rudiments at low speed. 

Kit is: a Peace Origin kit, year: rougly 2000,  20x14 bass drum, 10x10, 12x12, 14x14 toms (yes, theyre squared, and sort of hard to place properly) and a 14x5.5 snare, 14 "Roytek" hihat, 16 "Sweetspot" crash, 20" "Harpy B-series" ride. added a new stand for cymbals, and a new snare, 14x6.5 (Pearl, no idea what series it was, it's stainless steel) and Remo heads all around, using some Ambassadors and some Emperors. Remo Pinstripe on the bass drum. I also broke the 16" Sweetspot crah a couple of months ago, it never sounded good anyway. 

now I am playing mostly metal, Pagan's Mind, Judas Priest, Megadeth, some Lamb of God, and a few songs by Avenged Sevenfold (Afterlife, Nightmare, Critical Acclaim, God Hates Us, A Little Piece of Heaven) I can also do blast-beats at about 200-210 bpm, judging by George Kollias in one of his blast videos. 

I consider myself an average drummer in metal, maybe a little on the slow side. I am not "educated" (I am self taught) by any means necessary, I don't know much about time (all that 4/4 and stuff), I just play, like Gene Hoglan in his early years. 

i play guitar drum and do a lil vocal every now and then

I did a thing once and it was awsome: https://soundcloud.com/jamese666/junkhead-cover-with-vocals

Played piano from really young up through middle school.  I'm sad that I've stopped playing, but at least I've still got the strong musical foundation that came with it.

I played drums for a little when I was like 7 but never really got into it.  I don't know why, drums are cool.

I started the clarinet in 7th grade and am still playing to this day.  More so than the instrument itself, I love the people I've become close to in high school and university through it.  Clarinet section is the best section. :P

And I picked up the tenor saxophone at the beginning of the year.  I'm not very musical with it yet, but I'm getting there.

Oh, and no matter what anyone says, the computer totally counts as an instrument. http://soundcloud.com/zeta3 ;)

Intel Core i7-7700K | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW | ASUS ROG Strix Z270G Gaming | 32GB G-Skill TridentZ RGB DDR4-3200 | Corsair AX860i

Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 3 Samsung 950 Pro 256GB | Samsung 850 Evo 1TB | EKWB Custom Loop | Noctua NF-F12(x4)/NF-A14 LTT Special Edition

Dell S2716DGR | Corsair K95 RGB Platinum (Cherry MX Brown) | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | FiiO E17 DAC/Amp | Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro

Piano player here!!

BRAIN: intel i5 4670k @ 4.0 ghz stock voltage. GPU: ZOTAC GTX 770*2, both @ 1300mhz core 7900mhz memory. 
CASE: custom painted Fractal Design R4.        SSD: Samsung 128GB 840 pro.    STORAGE: 2TB WD NAS.                 MOTHERBOARD: GIGABYTE z87x-ud3h
PSU: Corsair 760.    LIGHTS: NZXT hue.          FANS: 4 NZXT rifle bearing.          RAM: 2*4GB patriot black mamba.    CPU COOLER: Noctua NH C12P with NZXT 140mm fan.  

I'm a bass player. :D

Cpu: 5820K @4.0GHz   Motherboard: Gigabyte X99-SLI    Ram: Patriot Signature 16GB @ 2133   GPU: Gigabyte G1 980  Soundcard: ASUS DX  

Speakers: Logitech Z906 and Astro A40's   Keyboard: Logitech G510

Piano/Guitar/Bass/Drums/Vocals and a lot of production.

Running an M-Audio 2496 for low-latency recording/editing.

3700X, GTX1060, 64GB HyperX 3000, B450 DS3H, 500GB SN750, TT Core G3, PreSonus Audiobox USB96

Played the drums for about a year and a half now... I currently have a cheap kit, but it's shells are fairly decent.

My father is a musician, he recorded an albom in 2007 and he is planning to record a new one in the next year or so...

I'm however just into listening... I'm the type of guy that can sit in front of his computer and listen to high quality music for hours... With high end speakers... I have a few headphones, but I don't use them as much because they are not comfortable on my large ears... I use them only when I'm not in front of my PC.

My father is asking me to learn how to operate a studio, so I might get into it in the future... I know someone who is going to teach me...

I used to play violin as a kid for a few years...

Learned how to play the piano but haven't touched it in a few months. I've gotten really rusty.

I feel like I should continue learning but it's just so difficult for me.

Case-NZXT H440 | Motherboard-Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H | RAM-Kingston HyperX Blue 2x8GB 1600MHz | CPU-Intel 3770K @ 4.3GHz at 1.215v | Heatsink-Coolermaster Hyper212 Evo | GPU-EVGA GTX660 SC | SSD-MX200 250GB | HDD-Seagate Barracuda 3TB | PSU-EVGA GS650

Mouse-Logitech G600 | Keyboard-Ducky Shine 3 MX Blue. white backlight | Headphones-Audiotechnica ATH-M50s. Beyerdynamic DT990

Been learning Classical Guitar, Music theory, and music history for about 5 years now.

This is my Lightsaber.          {[=]////]"[¬'/\Y/#####################################
This is my other Lightsaber. (T!!!!!!!T=:"|[\#####################################  #killedmywife 

Yeah I've been playing guitar for 5-6 years now, self taught. I started just to thrash out some As I Lay Dying and August Burns Red tunes on my 6 string. I grabbed a seven string a few years after starting to play Trivium stuff (from Shogun) and Unearth stuff. For the past year or two I've been pretty slack though. I haven't got much time and I haven't learned anything new for a long time, such is life I guess.

My lovely little collection

osyRR1i.jpg?1

Started piano when I was 5, then moved on to drums at age 11 and then electric guitar and bass at age 14 :)

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

Did my Grade 7 in Piano, going on to do Grade 8 next year, after that finally done after 9 years....

Yeah I've been playing guitar for 5-6 years now, self taught. I started just to thrash out some As I Lay Dying and August Burns Red tunes on my 6 string. I grabbed a seven string a few years after starting to play Trivium stuff (from Shogun) and Unearth stuff. For the past year or two I've been pretty slack though. I haven't got much time and I haven't learned anything new for a long time, such is life I guess.

My lovely little collection

osyRR1i.jpg?1

That's a pretty sweet little setup you have there, I'm jealous :P