Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

I traded in my tower desktop life for gaming laptops because I travel for work, but mostly because I like sitting on the couch with my wife with a mouse at my side and hanging out more than I like sitting in a room by myself. However there seems to be relatively fewer reviews of (reasonably priced, aka not the Predator) gaming laptops. It would be nice to see a round up of reasonably priced ones (say $1000-$1500) from MSI, Asus, etc.

The cryorig ola case

QUOTE ME TO SEE MY REPLY!:D

don't get me wrong, but i love the cheap pc components, what's the best for us mortals that live on a tight budget. not just what is the best cheap cpu but what's the best combos to be alive in pc world without having to sell some organs

Ubiquiti Frontrow

It's an interesting and quirky product.

Main Linux rig: HP Elitebook 2560P (i5-2410M, 8 GB, Pop! OS)

Living room/couch gaming rig: AMD 5800X, Asus TUF Radeon 6900 XT, 32 GB, 65" LG C1 OLED

Home server and internet gateway: Dell Optiplex 3040 MFF (i5-6500T, 16 GB, Ubuntu Server 22.04 LTS)

Phone: Asus Zenfone 10

How about Ryzen Mobile Vs. Kaby Lake R?

Edited by moriel5
Mistook Kaby Lake R for Coffee Lake.

The Ultimate Power Consumption Build

Primary: CPU Core i7-4790K  |  MOBO Gigabyte GA-B85M-D3H   |  RAM 24GB Crucial DDR3-1600 CL9  |  GPU XFX Radeon RX 580 GTS Black Edition  |  CPU Cooler Thermaltake Frio Silent 14  |  Case Cooler Master N400  |  PSU Corsair CXM 750 Watt |  Boot Drive 500GB Samsung 850 Evo  |  Storage 500GB WD Laptop HDD + 2TB Toshiba HDD + 250GB WD Laptop HDD + 250GB WD Laptop HDD + 4TB WD Blue HDD  |  Monitor Acer XG270HU  |  Secondary Monitor Nixeus VUE-24  |  Tertiary Monitor Sony SDM-HS53  |  OS Windows 10

Secondary: (down for maintenance) CPU Core 2 Quad Q9300  |  MOBO (Asus P5N-E arriving soon)  |  RAM 8GB DDR2-800  |  GPU Visiontek Radeon R9 270  | CPU Cooler Cooler Master Hyper T2  |  Case Rajintek Arcadia  |  PSU EVGA 500 BV  |  Boot Drive 240GB PNY SSD  |  Storage 120GB Seagate PATA HDD  |  Removable Drives Sony PATA DVD RW Drive + 3.5 inch Floppy Drive  |  Monitor HP S2031  |  OS Windows 10

How about Scrapyard Wars, but in a country where English is not the main language?

And to make things harder, make sure that next to no one in that country uses Craigslist.

59 minutes ago, ImHyperstyle said:

Slickwraps vs dbrand

Slickbrand

The NZXT Kraken G12 with with RX480 and your FLIR (since the RX 480's PCB is to short for the G12's fan)

Sorry for my bad english.

6 hours ago, JohnnyCorporalTech said:

Tails OS, The ultimate in security and anonymity. 

https://tails.boum.org/

This would actually make a pretty cool Tech Quickie. 

If so, I also recommend Solus to be on the show, due to Ikey's outlook upon the subject (who knows, perhaps Linus will use Linux more often on-screen as a result).

On 1/29/2015 at 5:24 AM, LinusTech said:

Hey guys,

Just want some community feedback on this. Most of these things are already in the queue to some degree. Just trying to prioritize...

Have you guys considered reviewing some Sharkoon Items, I see the last Sharkoon item on LTT youtube channel is the XTATIC headset you guys did 7 years ago, They have some really affordable gaming things like mice, keyboards, cases. Was just thinking as their items are a bit more affordable for the guys that cannot afford the latest and best gaming peripherals.

Just a thought :)

On 1/29/2015 at 5:24 AM, LinusTech said:

Hey guys,

Just want some community feedback on this. Most of these things are already in the queue to some degree. Just trying to prioritize...

Do: "how to find if mobo or cpu is dead", (I can send my i7 3700s and Asus H61M-K mobo, for free idk, I don't need them anymore)

and to channel SUPER fun

-Playing airsoft, paintball, snowball tdm or capture the flag,

-Try to invent somethings to get something done, example: pen sharpener, or more safe: PC/console that works as pizza oven

11 hours ago, Muchochostatia said:

Do: "how to find if mobo or cpu is dead", (I can send my i7 3700s and Asus H61M-K mobo, for free idk, I don't need them anymore)

and to channel SUPER fun

-Playing airsoft, paintball, snowball tdm or capture the flag,

-Try to invent somethings to get something done, example: pen sharpener, or more safe: PC/console that works as pizza oven

I'll take your i7 3700s and mobo lol

This could be interesting: https://www.amazon.com/1Pack-Micro-Memory-Adapter-Converter/dp/B01MU59ACL/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&qid=1509538124&sr=8-2&keywords=10+x+micro+SD+to+SATA+SSD+Adapter+&+RAID+Quad+2.5"+SATA+Converter&dpID=51aZ7RZ500L&preST=_SY300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch&linkCode=sl1&tag=thegadg0e-20&linkId=a96d41c20aa1a8d9e7687458bb289e38

Load Windows 10 onto here and do some benchmarks with things like different SD cards to see how much of a performance difference there is. I wonder if mixing and matching SD cards is a possibility...

This was originally posted on the LTT subreddit. 

Hey Linus, could you please try to review the Autonomous Smart Desk 2? I've seen you review the Updesk a while ago but i'm really curious about the Autonomous one. Would be cool to see you put it together since i'm planning on getting the DIY one myself. So far it looks really good and sturdy and it's also cheap so it's good for those of us who are on a tighter budget. I'm hoping you could show us whether or not it's too good to be true or not.

Thanks alot!

On 1/28/2015 at 7:24 PM, LinusTech said:

Hey guys,

Battle-stations that are more than just a PC. I have a setup that allows me to play PS4, watch my home theatre system and have full use of my computer all at once. Remember, a battle-station is more than just a computer. It's a setup, usually conducive to multitasking. The focus is on as much screen time as possible. Throw in a mini-fridge, a George Foreman grill and a diaper and you could game all day!

LOLOL

On 1/28/2015 at 10:24 PM, LinusTech said:

Hey guys,

If you ever scroll through Facebook and see those sponsored ads for that Wish app, you've probably seen computer components on there. Those no-name, knock-off, unbranded, sketchy components that take like 3 weeks to be delivered to you. I've had the app before for things like shirts and stuff, but I always wondered what it would be like to build a system with as many components from that app as possible to see how worth it those components would be. Along with the attached photos, they have stuff like graphics cards and a quite sketchy looking PSU.

19905283_1844935152273605_1766262558351389528_n.jpg

22528437_2013280495439069_8531994503601467125_n.png

Edited by gcoyle1992
Had to attach some images and give some insight.

"The only limits are those of vision."
"Never use Comic Sans" -College Graphics Design Professor

A topic video that I think would be interesting is to revisit x Games one PC but instead of using Steam In-Home Streaming give it a try with Parsec ( https://parsec.tv/),

Parsec, which among other things supports 60+ fps, multiple connections, native support for playback over an Internet connection, and not limited to Steam Games. Videos of Parsec in action can be found on YouTube :

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0xpbxEWFnFrkdFkTJuJFQw/videos

Here's a few videos covering the co-play feature:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0xpbxEWFnFrkdFkTJuJFQw/videos

If running on Windows Creators Edition+ remember to turn off Game Mode:

https://faq.parsec.tv/articles/10129-windows-10-creator-edition-game-mode