What should I review next?

Something decent that is inexpensive like an ezbook 3 pro

Review the worst and cheapest laptop you can find

QUOTE ME TO SEE MY REPLY!:D

how about comparing how the 200$ GPU price point has changed over 5-10 years or how the x70/xx70 line has changed over the time. 

Good luck, Have fun, Build PC, and have a last gen console for use once a year. I should answer most of the time between 9 to 3 PST

NightHawk 3.0: R7 5700x @, B550A vision D, H105, 2x32gb Oloy 3600, Sapphire RX 6700XT  Nitro+, Corsair RM750X, 500 gb 850 evo, 2tb rocket and 5tb Toshiba x300, 2x 6TB WD Black W10 all in a 750D airflow.
GF PC: (nighthawk 2.0): R7 2700x, B450m vision D, 4x8gb Geli 2933, Strix GTX970, CX650M RGB, Obsidian 350D

Skunkworks: R5 3500U, 16gb, 500gb Adata XPG 6000 lite, Vega 8. HP probook G455R G6 Ubuntu 20. LTS

Condor (MC server): 6600K, z170m plus, 16gb corsair vengeance LPX, samsung 750 evo, EVGA BR 450.

Spirt  (NAS) ASUS Z9PR-D12, 2x E5 2620V2, 8x4gb, 24 3tb HDD. F80 800gb cache, trueNAS, 2x12disk raid Z3 stripped

PSU Tier List      Motherboard Tier List     SSD Tier List     How to get PC parts cheap    HP probook 445R G6 review

"Stupidity is like trying to find a limit of a constant. You are never truly smart in something, just less stupid."

Camera Gear: X-S10, 16-80 F4, 60D, 24-105 F4, 50mm F1.4, Helios44-m, 2 Cos-11D lavs

Don't review anything, build! I want you to build a computer in a suitcase. I already did it, as you can see my entry video, but I want to see what design you come up with because I'm sure it would be more put together and professional. That way when I make a version 2 I can copy off you lol

TechQuickie idea: How cloud data centers work. For example, how many physical servers are used, how they communicate between each other to share resources, and the role of hypervisor software.

On 1/28/2015 at 10:24 PM, LinusTech said:

Hey guys,

Just want some community feedback on this. Most of these things are already in the queue to some degree. Just trying to prioritize...

hey, in that case, can you do a review on the Asus zenbook ux360ua? thanks. :)

I would like more stuff from china. I mean as serious reviews like you did with the keyboards. A round up or individual reviews of laptops and/or tablets that look like they could be good would be great instead of another "the cheapest X you can buy".

Edit: I mention the keyboard video because I have one of the ones you reviewed sitting on my desk now and love it.

On 1/28/2015 at 9:24 PM, LinusTech said:

Hey guys,

Just want some community feedback on this. Most of these things are already in the queue to some degree. Just trying to prioritize...

How about something about data mining. What it is how you can make money what kind of stuff u look for in a mining rig.

Something on reviews for computer desks for gaming and computer chairs.

Projector screen vs tv vs monitor

Sli vs non sli for more then one monitor

Best antivirus software

On 1/29/2015 at 3:24 AM, LinusTech said:

Hey guys,

Its almost year end, make a video on a entry level gaming rig that one can build in 2017 e.g using the GTX 1050 or RX 500

how about a fast review challenge:

Linus best assets are his enormous experience with all kinds of hardware and his ability to quickly asses any type of product, besides his stunning looks and winning smile of course .... 9_9.

Therefore i propose a series of challenges where Linus has to quickly live review hardware/peripherals/gadgets/phones/etc. in a limited amount of time (~3min or less ).

The items should be picked by his staff without his knowledge and best be unknown to him (i know difficult, but increases the curiosity factor). Maybe because they personally use the items or just find them cool/silly/extraordinary. the items could be useful little gadgets, good value for money item, nice idea-crappy execution type stuff.

The review items should be in a medium price range: No complete junk (boring), but no flagship products either. i suggest up to 300$, depending on the category of the product.

Basically an Unboxing without the boring parts: NOT a presentation of the product, but just Linus' quick and unfiltered assessment/opinion. So not like "Unbox Therapy" where they harp 8min on another crappy item. but it could be just 30 seconds per item if Linus deems (and at best demonstrates) it to be crappy.

maybe those kind of videos, if published individually, could be on other social media platforms like Instagram, fb or floatplane.

Cheap chairs! Not the $600 gaming/office chairs but the IKEA all assembly required or no name amazon stuff. What good is a good rig if your back hurts!

Acer Swift 3 14 inch with new 4 core u series i5. Seems pretty dope, and it's only 800 cdn right now at best buy

Have you got news about Mi Mix2 ? Look at the picture, if you dislike it, ignore it; if you like it, hit the review button (in you mind) and do a review with it.?

IMG_3089.JPG

I'd like to see an analysis about how much headroom / clearance a fan needs before its airflow gets too restricted for it to work properly. I have a fairly slim case and the fan of my cpu cooler is awfully close to the side window - the fan has about one centimeter of space above it to pull in air. Pulling off the side panel or replacing the fan with one that can have its frame removed (Enermax Cluster Advanced: You can remove the inner metal frame and let the fan run inside an open skeleton) didn't change my cpu temperatures at all though.

And how does mesh really restrict airflow? Is there a difference in air cooling with and without dust filtering meshes? EDIT: Pauls Hardware answered that somewhat in his latest video "Testing the Mini -ITX Gaming & Streaming PC!". So the new question would be: How to avoid or alleviate these pitfalls.

Edited by Questargon
New Information available.

CPU Ryzen 7 5800X | MoBo MSI B550 Gaming Plus | RAM 32GB Teamgroup @3600/18 | GPU EVGA RTX 3070 Ti FTW | Case Enthoo Pro M SE
PSU bq! Straight Power 11 Plat. 750W CM | Cooling Scythe Fuma 2 & 5x Corsair ML140 | Sound SB Z Retail | Storage Samsung 970 EVO 500GB
Display(s) Iiyama GB3461WQSU, Dell 24", LG 34UM95 | Keyboard Kinesis Freestyle Edge | Mouse Logitech G900 Chaos Spectrum | OS Windows 11

@LinusTech

You should do a scrapyard wars laptop edition. I don't mean gaming performance. But I mean a very limited budget($300-$400), and the goal is to get the best laptop a laptop can be. The systems can be graded on:

• Battery Life.
  • CPU performance.
  • GPU performance.
  • Features.
  • Screen quality.
  • Weight/portability.
  • Connectivity
  • Durability
  • Styling(some room for customization here)
  • Accessories maybe?(if you can get a good laptop bag, mouse etc in the same budget)
  • Upgradeability/longevity

As I understand, the original point of scrapyard wars is to allow people to see that they can actually throw together a good system on a budget and to debunk the "it's too expensive" excuse. I think a laptop is a prime example of this. A lot of students need laptops for their work and instead of spending $400 on a cheap dell or a chromebook, they could get a refurbished laptop from amazon, or a second hand laptop from an owner, with very good specs (haswell i5, 8gb ram etc...) and go through a few mods to improve it. Throw in an SSD, buy an extended battery, put some nice vinyl stickers on it, upgrade the RAM etc... It would be a great way to inform people of the viability of a used/refub laptop as a daily driver. You can actually get a ton of performance(even some with dedicated gpu) from a really cheap($250 ish) laptop. Hell, you can even get a surface pro 2 or 3 within $350-400 on ebay/craigslist. I guess you could call it the "Student edition" of scrapyard wars.

Not sure if this has been suggested (sorry too many pages to go through) but how about reviews from lesser known brands, which should have slighter more budget oriented parts. Example, the SilentiumPC Spartan 3 Pro, against something from a big cooler brand like coolermaster.

(I've mentioned silentiumpc in particular as it's a brand I've discovered when I moved to where I am now and have never heard of before).

How about the Asus gl702zc as that looks fun and fancy, and is out now, finally. It would be interesting to see how good ryzen does in a portable situation.

The owner of "too many" computers, called

The Lord of all Toasters (1920X 1080ti 32GB)

The Toasted Controller (i5 4670, R9 380, 24GB)

The Semi Portable Toastie machine (i7 3612QM (was an i3) intel HD 4000 16GB)'

Bread and Butter Pudding (i7 7700HQ, 1050ti, 16GB)

Pinoutbutter Sandwhich (raspberry pi 3 B)

The Portable Slice of Bread (N270, HAHAHA, 2GB)

Muffinator (C2D E6600, Geforce 8400, 6GB, 8X2TB HDD)

Toastbuster (WIP, should be cool)

loaf and let dough (A printer that doesn't print black ink)

The Cheese Toastie (C2D (of some sort), GTX 760, 3GB, win XP gaming machine)

The Toaster (C2D, intel HD, 4GB, 2X1TB NAS)

Matter of Loaf and death (some old shitty AMD laptop)

windybread (4X E5470, intel HD, 32GB ECC) (use coming soon, maybe)

And more, several more

I would really like to see a review of some slimbook ultrabooks, especially of the Katana and Pro. The idea of these products is

to address the issue of hardware compatibility with Linux by choosing hardware that's working well in sync with Linux and optionally pre-install it.

I'm a CS student and would love to have a professional Linux laptop for programming and such.

So I think of buying one but I can not find a review online that is in my opinion thorough enough.

https://slimbook.es/en/store

If you could review the craft keyboard from logitech, that would be great. I would love to hear Ed or Taran's opinion on the control dial