Rate your ISP!

I'm bias due to working for them, but I'll be honest :P

-ISP Name -- Lightwire Limited (New Zealand)

-What speed you're supposed to get -- Custom solution, >20mbps

-What speed you actually get -- 30-40mbps

-Rating (Out of 5) -- 4 (due to PPPoE sessions being dropped 3-5 times per day)

How do you get internet this good in the Tron

Asus Maximus VI Extreme, I7 4770K, NZXT Kraken X60, Kingston HyperXBeast DDR-3 2400, Sapphire 6950, NZXT Phantom 820, SanDisk 120Gb Extreme x2 in Raid, 2Tb WD Green, SeaSonic X-850 Gold

ISP: TekSavvy
Plan:16M/1M w/ 300GB usage (Unlimited between 2am and 8am)
What I actually get: 90% of time, spot on.
Rating: 5/5. Excellent performance and service, very low cost. Only "downside" is limited speeds available, but that is actually Bell's fault for not upgrading the neighbourhood infrastructure (TekSavvy resells Bell/Rogers DSL/Cable)

Cost: Around $35 a month

I could switch to 150M/15M Cable from TekSavvy w/ 300GB a mo. for $85-ish, but I'd have to pay an activation/installation fee, as well as buy a DOCSIS 3.0 modem. I do plan to do this eventually when money isn't tight. They have an unlimited plan with this tier, but it's over $200 a month!

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

How do you get internet this good in the Tron

Well it's all about where I live. If you pay attention to chorus.co.nz/maps and ultrafastfibre.co.nz/getting-connected/address-finder, between them you should get a place with good internet. You want VDSL according to Chorus, which is marked as >20mbps, which can be up to 50mbps, depending on your distance from the cabinet.

• 2 weeks later...

Moved my entire desk upstairs and finally got ethernet.

Plan: Said before

What I actually get now: 50MB/s Download (Varies between 30-60) 2MB/s Upload

Rating: Still 2/5. The fact that I had to move my entire desk, spending a weekend of moving furniture to different parts of the house just to make room for my desk is just ridiculous to get proper internet speeds. Rogers wireless internet still sucks.

Distributel

I am supposed to get 20Mb down 10Mb up.

I get 20Mb down 10Mb up.

4/5 because I have unlimitted data for 63$/month, took off 1 star because I'd like more speed for the same price.

CPU : Intel Core i7 3960X, Mobo : X79-UD3, Memory : 4x4GB Vengeance Black Memory 1600MHz, GPU : Asus GTX 970 Strix, Case : Switch 810 Matte Black, Storage : 256GB Samsung 830 SSD, Seagate Barracuda 1TB, PSU : Thermaltake 750W 80+ Bronze, Displays : 3x Asus 1080p Screens, Cooling : Corsair H100i, Keyboard : Logitech G710+, Mouse : Madcat Cyborg R.A.T.7, Sound : Sennheiser HD598, V-Moda Crossfade LP, Logitech Z-5500, HMD : Oculus Rift CV1

ISP- TPG internet (Australia)

Promised speed- 15 down

Actual- 2805949942.png

Rating- 3 out of 5.... It's slow but Australia sucks in general and it's better than most others I know

how do you make that actual show up like that?

how do you make that actual show up like that?

After you do the speedtest, click the share button. Copy all the text in the "forum" option and paste it into your post... This is from memory, I'm also on my phone and can't actually check properly

I am good at computer

Spoiler

Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 sniper 3 | CPU: Intel 3770k @5.1Ghz | RAM: 32Gb G.Skill Ripjaws X @1600Mhz | Graphics card: EVGA 980 Ti SC | HDD: Seagate barracuda 3298534883327.74B + Samsung OEM 5400rpm drive + Seatgate barracude 2TB | PSU: Cougar CMX 1200w | CPU cooler: Custom loop

Bell
5 megabits down, 1 megabit up
3.5 megabits down, 0.5 megabit up
1/5 for overpriced, inconsistent speed, not allowed to host servers, however no data cap but fair usage is 175 gb
$70/month

ISP - Acanac Inc. 

Plan - 35/3, unlimited usage

Actual - 28/1, unlimited usage

Rating - 3.5/5

Lots of extra like free OpenVPN account and optional free digital home phone. Plan is 35/3, but have "peak hours" and dip to 14/1. 

ISP: Shaw

Plan: 10 down / 0.5 up ,125GB limit 

Actual: 10~20 down (mostly in high teens) / 0.5 up

Rating: 4/5. Excellent service, reliability, and speed, but high cost and low usage limit.

CPU:Intel 3770k Motherboard:Gigabyte z77x-ud5h GPU:Gigabyte GTX 660 Ti Ram:Kingston HyperX Blu 16GB Storage:Crucial M4 128GB+Seagate Barracuda 1TB Case:Zalman Z11 Plus PSU:Corsair TX650 Cooler:Noctua NH-D14 Fans:Noctua NF-P12+ Silverstone AP123 Keyboard:Corsair K90 Mouse:Corsair M60 Monitors:Dell U2412M+U2312HM

ISP: Telstra 
Plan: 25 Mb/s
I actully get 15 Mb/s down and 0.81 Mb/s Up..
Rating: 3/5
I hate my 500 GB monthly data cap 

After you do the speedtest, click the share button. Copy all the text in the "forum" option and paste it into your post... This is from memory, I'm also on my phone and can't actually check properly

2900050500.png

thanks it works :D

4/5

I hate my 500 GB monthly data cap 

500? I wish I had that much :/ I download one game off of steam and I can't watch HD Videos for the entire month, just to conserve bandwidth. -.-

-ISP: BT
-70 Mb/s Down 20 Mb/s Up
-I actually get 60 Mb/s Down 15 Mb/s Up
-Rating 5 out of 5. Reliable, not too far of my rated speeds and is totally unlimited, i'm yet to get throttled.

2900266042.png

Simple Stryker (Now Finished  ;) )

The Terrible HP

-ISP Name; Verizon
-15 down/1up

-7-9 down/ .7 up

-Rating 1/5
No cap on the internet.

Desktop: Intel 4770k - 12GB Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz RAM - Asus Maximus VI Formula Mobo - Asus Strix 970 SLI - Cooler Master V850 PSU -  Nzxt Phantom 630 Case  - 1TB WD HDD - Samsung 840 Evo 250GB SSD - Nzxt Kraken X60 - 24" Asus VG248QE 1080p Monitor - Logitech G35 Headset -  G502 Proteus Core - Logitech G710+ Keyboard - Nzxt Hue - Windows 10

Mine sucks, waiting for the stupid isp to connect my FTTH, which is already on my doorstep.

What I'm supposed to get: 4mbit / 0.5 mbit

What I get: 2.8 / 0.4

Rating: 1/5 - Their customer support is SHIT, they are the only company allowed to provide wired internet and it's owned by the goverment. The international link is CRAP.

Gave them a point, as they are at least going to be providing FTTH internet to 90% of the population by the end of 2014

10/10

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

I'm from Israel

ISP name: Bezeq international

Paying for: 30Mb/s down 1Mb/s up

Actual speeds:

in a good day: 14Mb/s down and 0.5 up 200ms ping

Normally: 2Mb/s down 0.2 500ms ping

Bad day: 0.5Mb/s down 0.1 up 850 ping

Sometimes: completely offline

Rate: between 0 to 10 I give them -9000

I'm going to switch soon to a different ISP, they are offering us a bundle of TV + phone line + 100Mb/s down and 2 up for around $100/month so after we finish renovations in the house were are switching

Wish me luck...

- BT (UK)
- Up to 16Mb (the phrase "up to" causes so much debate but there's no other way to advertise it in England with exchanges varying in technologies so much....)
- 6-7 down and 0.38 up (upload due to older ADSL type telephone exchange)
- I rate them 4/5 personally. Reliability excellent, bundled router good. Customer support generally good, turn around for solving issues can be slow but best provider for the English countryside IMO)

- Also, they are actively working to improve the service so as long as it gets done I'm not complaining :P
- At time of opening contract with them, £21/month plus yearly line rental fee. - Totally Unlimited and no strict traffic management policy so throttling not an issue.

Main PC: i7 3770k @ 4.2Ghz Corsair H100i V2 | MSI GD65-Z77A | NZXT Tempest 410 Elite | MSI 1080Ti Gaming | Corsair Vengeance 4x4GB @ 1600Mhz | 2x Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | Seagate 2TB | Corsair RM650x

-ISP- Optimum (unless they changed their name for the 3rd time this year.
-15 down 2 up
-10-16 down 2 up
-2.5/5 even though I get the speeds I pay for, service ALWAYS drops out like I can't watch a YT vid that is 10 min long all the way without the internet going down for a little while.

I do get unlimited usage but being it always cuts out and that is they only plan I can get (without spending over twice as much for not even twice the speeds) they get a lower score.

My rigs

Spoiler

Desktop CPU: Intel Xeon E5-1680 v2 @ 4.4GHz cooled by a Corsair H105 | Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth X79 | RAM: 32GB G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1600 | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 SC3 Ultra Gaming | SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 1TB + Crutial M500 240GB + Samsung 840 120GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM + WB Black 4TB 7200RPM | Case: Fractal Design Meshify C | Mouse: Logitech G402 & MX Master | Keyboard: Poker II  MX Blue & Leopold 10-key pad Box Royals | Monitor: LG 34UB88-P | Audio: Audio-Technica ATH-M50 + FiiO E5 DAC + Rode NT-USB Mini

Laptop Lenovo Yoga 720 4k Touch

Timewarner sucks

You dont even need to see the speeds.

I am a happy wuffy

Verizon

15 mb up 5 down

What I actually get

1.8 down  .4 up and that's on a good day,Did i mention I pay $135 a month

-9000 / 5 i never get advertised speeds and the connection drops every couple of hours, there is no other option for internet in the area so I get screwed.

ISP rogers, My plan isnt here, I give them 1.2/5  I get whatever speed they feel like (seriously) 200gb data cap, throttled all the time, terrible Customer support, Contract the you pay $100 to break. 

Here is the rest of the plans, I want the extreme (500gb data cap)

post-14497-0-83946700-1376706959.png