Rate your ISP!

ISP rogers, My plan isnt here, I give them 1.2/5  I get whatever speed they feel like (seriously) 200gb data cap, throttled all the time, terrible Customer support, Contract the you pay $100 to break. 

I know how you feel man. Throttled by rogers is horrible.

I know how you feel man. Throttled by rogers is horrible.

Thats what you get with dad, mom watching HD netflix at the same time while you try to game

At home: 15/1.  Frankly they suck.  2/10.  Would not use again.  Only cable provider available in my tiny little town.

At my university: 100/100.  Fast as hell.  Too bad they block all incoming ports and I can't do anything with it.  Downloading full games in 10 min is nice though.

i7 4770k, 16GB Corsair Vengeance

Gigabyte z87, Phanteks Enthoo Primo

Thats what you get with dad, mom watching HD netflix at the same time while you try to game

Our router is made for 3 or 4 devices MAX per household, and it expects you to have a house the size of a bathroom with its range.

We're running 16 devices off of it, don't even ask how slow it is sometimes.

I tried buying a new router and hooking it up, but sadly it didn't work. I think I'm stuck with it.

Our router is made for 3 or 4 devices MAX per household, and it expects you to have a house the size of a bathroom with its range.

We're running 16 devices off of it, don't even ask how slow it is sometimes.

I tried buying a new router and hooking it up, but sadly it didn't work. I think I'm stuck with it.

New rating for rogers -9999 for trying to charge us 500 just to change our plan

Wow, Wowway, Wide Open West
Advertised:

30 down

3 up

70/month

Actual:

My rating: 3.5/5

Speed is better than advertised, customer service is not great to put it kindly, I think that the infrastructure has improved greatly.

"No signature"

ISP: Telia (Sweden)
Plan: 50-100Mb/s down  -  10 Mb/s up
What I actually get: 80-85Mb/s down  -  10-15 Mb/s up
Rating: 5/5. So I guess it's good I would like the download speed to increase a bit. But they have promised a speed from around 50-100 mb/s and it is at around 80 every time I check. So it's stable and has good quality etc. But again could be a bit higher. The up speed is at 15 mb/s a lot of the times but NEVER under 10 so they have kept what they promised.

Cannot do the cost though, we get a special price in our neighbourhood if we have Telia's internet,tv and ip phone and all of us in the neighbourhood pays for it. So we got a special price that is a bit lower than normal...

Spoiler

System:

i5 3570k @ 4.4 GHz, MSI Z77A-G43, Dominator Platinum 1600MHz 16GB (2x8GB), EVGA GTX 980ti 6GB, CM HAF XM, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB + Some WD Red HDD, Corsair RM850 80+ Gold, Asus Xonar Essence STX, Windows 10 Pro 64bit

PCPP:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/znZqcf

ISP Name: Frontier

Plan: 1.5 Down 0.5 Up

Actual: 3 Down 0.5 Up

Rating: 2/5

Terrible customer service and it's very unreliable.

Hardware: | CPU: i5 3570k | Graphics: MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G | Mobo: MSI z77a-G45 Gaming | OS: Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit | 

Peripherals: Logitech G502 | CM Storm Quickfire Pro (Red switch) |

ISP Name: Snap (New Zealand)

Speed (Supposed to get): >20mbps down, ~10mbps up

Speed (What I get): 26mbps down, 9.6mbps up, 5ms ping to provider

Rating: 5/5

Cost: $105.50 NZD/month for homeline and VDSL2 broadband, 200GB cap, unlimited data from 12am-7am

ISP: GET
Plan: 70/70
What I actually get: 60-75 Mbps down/45-80 Mbps down

Cost: 179kr (norwegian) = $30(?)

Rating: 4/5.

-ISP Speedyquick networks (Idaho USA) 
-Plan 4 down 1 up and 100 gig data cap

-What I get 2 down .25 up :(
-Rating .1/5 they go down all the time and it gets so slow at times
-Cost $75 a mouth :(

CPU Ryzen 5 Asrock B350 Pro 4 / MSI RX580 Gaming / RAM 16 Gigs Corsair Vengeance 3000 / HDD 1TB Seagate Barracuda / SSD Samsung 840 120GB / 500GB Samsung SSD / Case Urban S31 / PSU EVGA G2 750w / Os Windows 10 / Keyboard Corsair K70 / Mouse Razer Naga 2013 (Won it from Linus!!

Telus

5Mb/s

3Mb/s

1/5 very overpriced 35$ a month

I would pay for that better price then I get by a lot :(

CPU Ryzen 5 Asrock B350 Pro 4 / MSI RX580 Gaming / RAM 16 Gigs Corsair Vengeance 3000 / HDD 1TB Seagate Barracuda / SSD Samsung 840 120GB / 500GB Samsung SSD / Case Urban S31 / PSU EVGA G2 750w / Os Windows 10 / Keyboard Corsair K70 / Mouse Razer Naga 2013 (Won it from Linus!!

-ISP Speedyquick networks (Idaho USA) 

-Plan 4 down 1 up and 100 gig data cap

-What I get 2 down .25 up :(

-Rating .1/5 they go down all the time and it gets so slow at times

-Cost $75 a mouth :(

For $75 a month, you're better off simply cancelling that and taking your rig to a wifi cafe every day.

For $75 a month, you're better off simply cancelling that and taking your rig to a wifi cafe every day.

Tims if it were us :P

Ya well I would have to drive an hour (60 miles at $3.50 a gallon of gas) each way for that its still cheaper to use the internet :( 

- Optus (Australia)
- Connection: 30Mbits / 0.5Mbits
- At peak time

2914389600.png
-Rating 3.75 of 5
-Cost: $110 with landline

| Cpu: Intel i5- 3570K | Ram: Corsair DDR3 8GB | Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Extreme4 | 

| GFX Card: AMD Sapphire HD7970 3GB GHz Edition | Case: Corsair Carbide 500R |

Google is your friend

ISP Name: BT

What speed you're supposed to get: Don't know what we're actually rated for, but the speedtest says that we can get 'up to 6.5Mbps'.
What speed you actually get: ~5 - 5.5Mb/s. UL is 0.27Mb/s, 0.32 on a really good day.
Rating (Out of 5): 2
Cost (Optional): I think it's around £40/month plus line rental. This is commercial internet grade, too.

I would like for them to upgrade our cabinet to ADSL2+ just like our exchange is. But no, they're just evil bastards!

Comcast

Connection 50 /10

Rating I lagit give them 4.9 out of 5

2914440614.png

I very rarely lose connection and I have a very strong connection

I also pay next to nothing for it :)

Telecom NZ
Connection: 4.5Mbs Down / 0.5Mbs Up

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/2915694723

150 GB a month for $109 + GST NZD

Rating: Meh 4/5

CPU: Intel Core i5 2450M @ 2.5Ghz RAM: 8GB GPU: HD Radeon 7470M (Potato) Mobo: No idea, probably a pumpkin.

My computer is a laptop.

BF3 on minimum settings = 25fps @ 720p

-PenTeleData
-25mbps Down, 1mbps Up
-22-25mbps Down, 0.8mbps Up
-2/5

They are unreliable every 2 weeks. I've had them since February and had to call them 4 times. Twice about bad ping, once about no internet at all, and once about not getting the correct speeds (was only getting 15mbps down for the first few weeks). Just last Thursday to Sunday our ping was hovering around 100ms and on Friday it was spiking to 500ms. I can't change to a different provider because they are the only one in the neighborhood. The last house I had with them, same reason the only provider, our modem would stop sending and receiving data. We had it replaced 3 times, had a tech install a "doo-dad," that's what the tech called it, on our line going in to the modem and it still would stop sending and receiving data. Last their customer service would rather blame you and your equipment before blaming their end or equipment.

If anyone has a choice when dealing with them most times choosing the competitor is the better choice.

| Corsair C70 Gunmetal | MSI P67A-GD64 (B3) | 2600k @ 4.2Ghz | Zalman CNPS9900MAX-B | EVGA GTX 770 SuperClocked 2GB |

| G.SKILL Ripjaws X 8GB 1600 | Crucial BX100 500GB | 2x WD Black 1TB | Seagate Barracuda 3TB | Corsair HX750 |

Dude that sucks for the price! How can you give it 4/5?

Because Its very reliable, and i'm not paying for it :)

CPU: Intel Core i5 2450M @ 2.5Ghz RAM: 8GB GPU: HD Radeon 7470M (Potato) Mobo: No idea, probably a pumpkin.

My computer is a laptop.

BF3 on minimum settings = 25fps @ 720p

ISP: VirginMedia

Plan: 120mbps down/12 up

I get: http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/2908385204

rating: 0/5

Getting VPN soon :D

Using: EA6500

That has to be the worst plan-actual speed ratio I have ever seen. I mean come on, speeds 90MB/s below what they promised? Ridiculous.

UPC (Netherlands) (Liberty Global)

Down 100 Mbit/s

Up 10 Mbit/s

4,5/5

About 60 euros a month, that includes a great amount of TV channel, some of which HD. (~80 USD)

No included phone costs though, oh well

Reason I gave a 4,5 is we've had some small problems, but they generally get fixed within 2 days

2920153357.png

AMD Phenom II x4 955 - Gigabyte GA-870A-UD3 - XFX HD7870 CORE - 60 GB OCZ Agility 3 - 1 TB Western Digital Green - 1 TB Hitachi DeskStar

OCZ ModXstream 600W - 16 GB Corsair XMS3 - Cooler Master HAF 912 Plus - Logitech G110 - Speedlink Kudos - Sennheiser HD 518

Steam The reason I am still alive Dark Theme