Rate your ISP!

I've got 25mbps on shaw. Its ok... but when it goes out, its out for 8-36 hours. Its down to outages once every couple months, but always when I'm binge watching netflix or just home all day. (I broked the internets?)

off topic: To all the Canadians who can't get Acanac Internet (avail. currently only in ontario and quebec) please write an email to acanac and ask them to bring their operations out west as well... Together we can braveheart them into giving us internet.

https://www.acanac.com/contactus.php

I think they only have phone service across canada - several of my friends and family members use and love their internet service.

They offer both cable and dsl... and it is sooooo cheap. I assume they're like nucleus reselling shaw, but a quarter of the price.

I have Shaw nip

I've got telus 50/10 and it works great. snip

Shaw and yes (but im one of the select few they give decent service to) snip

Telus,., All the guys in this thread can go fuck yourselves\

snip

Rogers. Yes its a good service (250/20) I get the 50-70Mb/s faster than advertised.

CikTel in Toronto Ontario. snip

I always guarantee that no more than 50% of what I say is useful.

UPC. Yes

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

I've got 25mbps on shaw. Its ok... but when it goes out, its out for 8-36 hours. Its down to outages once every couple months, but always when I'm binge watching netflix or just home all day. (I broked the internets?)

off topic: To all the Canadians who can't get Acanac Internet (avail. currently only in ontario and quebec) please write an email to acanac and ask them to bring their operations out west as well... Together we can braveheart them into giving us internet.

https://www.acanac.com/contactus.php

I think they only have phone service across canada - several of my friends and family members use and love their internet service.

They offer both cable and dsl... and it is sooooo cheap. I assume they're like nucleus reselling shaw, but a quarter of the price.

Acanac is just a reseller. 

Teksavvy is one of the largest resellers in Canada.

You'll still be using Shaw, Rogers, Bell, Telus or whomever lines they are using.

You get reduced rates and maybe a better data cap but the outages will be the same.

The same goes for a lot of the cheap cell phone services, many of them are just reselling services from Rogers, Fido, Telus...etc.

IE, Speakout from 7-11 is Rogers cell network,

I live by new Jersey area across new York. They recently updated their service so upload matches my download. But yes pretty good. This is from my phone just nice, and I am downloading , torrenting, and stream all over and got this results: http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/a/1003691139

Damn speed! :o

| CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 | MoBo: MSI B450 Tomahawk Max | RAM: T-Force Delta RGB (2x8) 16GB 3200MHz (Black) | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1660 Ti OC | Case: NZXT H500 (Black) | HDD: WD Black 2TB + Seagate Barracuda 4TB | SSD: Crucial MX500 2TB | PSU: Seasonic GX-550 | Monitor: 3x Asus VC239H |

I'm using Sonic.net at home 10/1, but it is unlimited unlike most ISP that have a 500gb datacap and I use more than 15gb a day. 

Unless something bad happens,  I'm extremely happy with Comcast.  They recently upgraded my 50mbs to 120mbs free.  I keep getting  125mbs for the most part and best of all........NO FREAKING CAPS!!!!!!  

all this for only $40 per month.

Please Comcast don't change a thing......I'm luv'n you so far.

3830413418.png

Unless something changes for the worse, I'm extremely happy with Comcast. They recently upgraded my 50mbs to 120mbs free. I keep getting 125mbs for the most part and best of all........NO FREAKING CAPS!!!!!!

40 monthly, really? What area you live and what's your upload?

3826352134.png

That's mine. I pay ~$13/month, and that's for two unique IPs.

HARDWARE INTERRUPT MOTHAF#%A!
WINDOWS 10 = adware, driven by spyware

3830778674.png

No, I don't really like it but even if I change it the connection is going to be exactly the same, what's bothering me it's that in a city nearby there is 20Mbps connection, and i'm stuck with this  :angry:

Comcast. They can go fudge themselves.

I live in michigan, and spend $70 a month for shitty 30Mb/s down, 6Mb/s up...

I have Windstream, and pay $50/month for 3mbps down and .6mbps up. :P

and 4 miles away people have 100mbps :(

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS GPU: AMD r680M / RX 6700S RAM: 16GB DDR5 

Unless something bad happens,  I'm extremely happy with Comcast.  They recently upgraded my 50mbs to 120mbs free.  I keep getting  125mbs for the most part and best of all........NO FREAKING CAPS!!!!!!  

3830413418.png

What area? @__@ seriously? $40 for that speed? :o

| CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 | MoBo: MSI B450 Tomahawk Max | RAM: T-Force Delta RGB (2x8) 16GB 3200MHz (Black) | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1660 Ti OC | Case: NZXT H500 (Black) | HDD: WD Black 2TB + Seagate Barracuda 4TB | SSD: Crucial MX500 2TB | PSU: Seasonic GX-550 | Monitor: 3x Asus VC239H |

live in denmark so waoo 

and im 30/30 becuse it most of the time is ca 40/40

What area? @__@ seriously? $40 for that speed? :o

it's part of a combo pack:  cable, telephone, internet

that's why is only 40 per month

Also, in order to get fast, reliable internet, DO NOT USE THEIR MODEM/WIRELESS ROUTER.  Buy your own and Motorolla cable modems are the best.  Make sure it supports Docsis 3.0 with stream bonding.

it's part of a combo pack: cable, telephone, internet

that's why is only 40 per month

Also, in order to get fast, reliable internet, DO NOT USE THEIR MODEM/WIRELESS ROUTER. Buy your own and Motorolla cable modems are the best. Make sure it supports Docsis 3.0 with stream bonding.

I'm around the same area (Baltimore) yet I get 10mb down 2 up for something like $70 from Verizon.

Here in the Netherlands we have Ziggo which is good and very stable 180 / 18. no problems at all.

But UPC is now going to take over Ziggo (upc is liberty global)

So in the end there will be a monopoly position and sh*t, and more sh*t.

So it begins.... 

England: Talktalk

Speed: 38/1.9 FTTC connection

Wish that upload was better normaly lower than that. No fair use policy which is good.

Our Lord and Saviour Chunt!!!

I have charter communications in CT and 100% happy. Internet speed I have which is the highest I believe they offer is 60 down 6 up. The speeds are never below that. If anything the speeds are higher than what I pay for. There is no throttoling any sites like Netflix as Comcast does. I would recommend charter to anyone.

Currently using Sky UK and I'm not happy with them at all. This is 50% their fault and 50% British Telecom's (BT) fault. BT because they control the infrastructure which results in sub 2Mbps speeds down and 40Kbps up (rural). Sky because they provide a useless router which connects via MER to which you have to packet sniff out your username and password if you want to use your propriety router. I'm currently in double NAT configuration with this POS.

Previous to Sky I was using BT themselves but the connect was never stable, constant erratic speed and disconnections. It was basically unusable at peek times; classic singes of an overloaded rural exchange. Despite numerous engineer visits they kept palming me off with the excuse that it was a REIN issue. Since the exchange was LLU we decided to try Sky (only other provider + TV for kids)... low and behold since switching there's been no occurrence of any of the issues! Simply a slow connection.

I've moved around England quite a lot in recent years (last 10 years) and at each location I've experienced some problem of one kind or another resulting in many days wasted on the phone to outsourced garbage support in third world countries. Moreover the fastest connection I have ever experienced outside of work is 6Mbps.

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

I'm with Yousee through my cable package.  TDC couldn't supply fibre to my property through the copper so I went cable (even though I live in the actual city centre of Copenhagen).

It's pretty expensive for my package, around £70 a month all inclusive.  I get the 100/20 package, line rental, virtually unlimited, music streaming service, tv streaming service and like 26 channels including HD.  My download speeds at times are more like 120/25 but I usually see it peak out at around 12MB/s down.

I live out in the middle of no where so I have a local provider called freedomnet. The speed sucks (3/.5 on a good day) and I pay out the butt for it ($70/month) but overall they have been fairly decent. They gave me a free upgrade last year which roughly doubled my speed since they updated some of their technology. Basically I can use that, satellite which is super dodgy, or dial-up.

My subdivision (roughly 30 homes) signed a petition to Verizon asking to extend their dsl coverage by about 2 miles to our subdivision and everyone would sign a contract with them. It made it fairly far, but one of the higher-ups said it looked like too much work and said no.

Moreover the fastest connection I have ever experienced outside of work is 6Mbps.

omg.. even in this Third World Country where I live, the best I got is 10 MBPS on DSL(school) and around 30 MBPS on LTE(Cities with 4G signal).. I'm still stuck with the crappy 2MB DL/0.7MB UL though :I Frequent ping spikes and effing unstable, sometimes unusable!

I'm fairly happy with my ISP. In the last year they've done 2 speed upgrades. They also offer some other really nice features, like you can watch live tv from your phone or computer. Pretty neat.

post-22931-0-37212500-1413897934.png

• 2 weeks later...

Comcast, 50mbits down, 10mbits up (I tend to get around 60-65mbits down, and ~15mbits/sec up sustained with pings around the low teens to sometimes single digits). As much as I loathe Comcast customer service, (they have won the Golden Poo award multiple years in a row from me) their internet service in our area is pretty alright.