Generic Mac Pro 2013 chatter.

Giac

It looks like a trashcan....it doesn't look goot at all

----Ryzen R9 5900X----X570 Aorus elite----Vetroo V5----240GB Kingston HyperX 3k----Samsung 250GB EVO840----512GB Kingston Nvme----3TB Seagate----4TB Western Digital Green----8TB Seagate----32GB Patriot Viper 4 3200Mhz CL 16 ----Power Color Red dragon 5700XT----Fractal Design R4 Black Pearl ----Corsair RM850w----

I do agree with SuperOwnJK. Apple are for looks but not for performance. PC will always beat Apple. I don't know anyone who use Mac Pro for hardcore 3D rendering/ Video editing. They will get a PC/Workstation for sure. Some of them even have a blade PC setup in their house so :\ 

Also, apple cooling isn't that great. With iMac and MBP, they always get pretty hot during the day.

It says it's 9.9 inches tall and 6.6 inches wide :S

I'm kind of impressed.

From what I have read, the case is one giant heatsink, with a big fan on top.

CPU: 3930k  @ stock                                  RAM: 32GB RipjawsZ @ 2133Mhz       Cooling: Custom Loop
MOBO: AsRock x79 Extreme9                      SSD: 240GB Vertex 3 (OS)                     Case: HAF XB                     LG 34um95 + Ergotron MX Arm Mount - Dual Review
  GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 670 SLI                     HDD: 1TB WD Black                                PSU: Corsair AX 860                               Beyerdynamic - Custom One Pro Review

What I don't get is that people that don't like what Apple does, take this thread, which was about a legitimate question about a technical solution, and turns it in to yet another arena for expressing their feelings about Apple. The way I see it, the only reason one would have to complain about the price of the thing is that one really wants a Mac Pro, but can't afford it.

Another thing guys, this is a pro-level product. Comparing Xeon CPUs and FirePro graphics to anything with Core-series CPUs and GeForce/Radeon series GPUs is really a pointless exercise, because if you need the former, the latter will never stack up.

As for the pricing, I don't know what it'll cost, but with the previous Mac Pro, I did a little experiment with Apple and Dells product configuration tools, and guess what, same system specs was actually more expensive from Dell 

Ignore the price tag for a sec, just look at it

i think its ugly and its design wont fit into any workplaces style.  A more normal rectangular body is superior in both upgradabillity and beauty.

Wrong. I completely get it. Its just I can't believe and don't want to think that there are idiots out there that think spending $2000 on a good looking computer is better than a $2000 computer with a 4770k and 780. 

I hate that that computer market exists; snobs that think Apple computers are better than anything else available. 

How can you be so narrow minded? This PC is small enough to carry around with you in a small backpack. If you can't see the benefits on that then I don't know what to say to you....

3x Dell U2412M |Silverstone FT03 | Maximus V Gene | 3770K @ 4.5Ghz 1.2V | SLI GTX780 | Mushkin Ridgeback 8GB 1600 CL7 | Corsair AX760

As for the pricing, I don't know what it'll cost, but with the previous Mac Pro, I did a little experiment with Apple and Dells product configuration tools, and guess what, same system specs was actually more expensive from Dell 

Do you get "3 Year Basic Hardware Service with 3 Year NBD Onsite Service after Remote Diagnosis" with a MacPro? i don't know but i don't think to...and applecare is really expensive.

I didn't really realize it the fist time, but where the hell is the PSU? i seriously hope they won't use some standard power brick. these things are bad

It's like Apple can't win. They have iMacs with mobile graphics and 1440p displays and people complain that its too underpowered. 

Then when they release a computer with 12 cores and two workstation graphics card with the fastest memory available people still complain and say its pointless???? What do you guys want from Apple? Ok you have your nice gaming PC but someone who does a lot of 3d rendering will need this kind of power and reliability which you won't get from a standard gaming computer.

I do agree with SuperOwnJK. Apple are for looks but not for performance. PC will always beat Apple. I don't know anyone who use Mac Pro for hardcore 3D rendering/ Video editing. They will get a PC/Workstation for sure. Some of them even have a blade PC setup in their house so :\ 

Also, apple cooling isn't that great. With iMac and MBP, they always get pretty hot during the day.

No offense, but I HIGHLY doubt people are running blade systems in their house. It's just not happening 

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

The majority of you from what I've read are all missing the point. The Mac Pro isn't targetted at every day users nor is it targeted at PC enthusiasts. They are the high performance Apple system there for those who want an Apple work environment. They're targeted as work station machines for graphics design companies, video production houses and recording studios. Every single recording studio I've been in has one or two Mac Pro's. Most graphics desginers and production houses also use Mac OSX.

Yes, you could build a system and run a Hackintosh however that is illegal. Hackintoshes also come with their fair share of issues and businesses want something that is reliable and works.

Look past the lack of being able to upgrade and look at what they have accomplished. It's incredible, no systems integrator apart from apple can do this, you'd have to be a moron not to see that.

Yeah I figured it out after looking at the rest of the site :P. It seems it uses a massive long triangular radiator in the middle that has air pulled through it from the bottom. Really cool stuff.

some people just hate on apple no matter what

It's like Apple can't win. They have iMacs with mobile graphics and 1440p displays and people complain that its too underpowered. 

Then when they release a computer with 12 cores and two workstation graphics card with the fastest memory available people still complain and say its pointless???? What do you guys want from Apple? Ok you have your nice gaming PC but someone who does a lot of 3d rendering will need this kind of power and reliability which you won't get from a standard gaming computer.

What are you talking about? Fastest memory available? You can buy 3200MHz memory, which is quite alot faster than 1866MHz.

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

It looks like Trashcan with option to roast something on top of it. If you look at it, there are 3 processors on one cooler. That thing is going to blow extremly hot air from middle.

Do you get "3 Year Basic Hardware Service with 3 Year NBD Onsite Service after Remote Diagnosis" with a MacPro? i don't know but i don't think to...and applecare is really expensive.

I didn't really realize it the fist time, but where the hell is the PSU? i seriously hope they won't use some standard power brick. these things are bad

I don't remember the specifics, but I'm pretty certain that I matched the service plan as good as I could.

The majority of you from what I've read are all missing the point. The Mac Pro isn't targetted at every day users nor is it targeted at PC enthusiasts. They are the high performance Apple system there for those who want an Apple work environment. They're targeted as work station machines for graphics design companies, video production houses and recording studios. Every single recording studio I've been in has one or two Mac Pro's. Most graphics desginers and production houses also use Mac OSX.

Yes, you could build a system and run a Hackintosh however that is illegal. Hackintoshes also come with their fair share of issues and businesses want something that is reliable and works.

True, but again its typical Apple. They are adding an extra ~$500 for the materials and design of the system, which to a business is irrelevant as its an extra cost that they don't need. 

Intel Core i5 2500k @ 4.2GHz | Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600MHz | MSI GTX660 Twin Frozr II OC | Samsung Evo 850 250GB | Seagate Barracuda 3TB | Corsair 600T White | Corsair H100 | Corsair HX850 | Corsair SP120 QE | Asus MX279H | LG Flatron E2251 | Logitech G502 | Das Keyboard Ultimate 4 Browns | Fiio E10 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Corsair SP2500 | HTC One M8 | MacBook Air (Mid 2013) i5 8GB 128GB

What I don't get is that people that don't like what Apple does, take this thread, which was about a legitimate question about a technical solution, and turns it in to yet another arena for expressing their feelings about Apple. The way I see it, the only reason one would have to complain about the price of the thing is that one really wants a Mac Pro, but can't afford it.

Another thing guys, this is a pro-level product. Comparing Xeon CPUs and FirePro graphics to anything with Core-series CPUs and GeForce/Radeon series GPUs is really a pointless exercise, because if you need the former, the latter will never stack up.

Of course it would be, its dell, build your own workstation at the same spec and it would be a little cheaper, and it would have proper cooling, and wouldn't look like a trash can

----Ryzen R9 5900X----X570 Aorus elite----Vetroo V5----240GB Kingston HyperX 3k----Samsung 250GB EVO840----512GB Kingston Nvme----3TB Seagate----4TB Western Digital Green----8TB Seagate----32GB Patriot Viper 4 3200Mhz CL 16 ----Power Color Red dragon 5700XT----Fractal Design R4 Black Pearl ----Corsair RM850w----

I don't understand all Apple haters, don't like the company? Don't buy anything. Don't like the products? Don't buy them.

If people have the money for it, let them buy it.

Apple is a successful company, yes they do some things wrong here and there but they also create amazing things. If Apple 'sucked' as I see people say all the time, would they be where they are now?

I will admit. That thing is beautiful! Wouldn't get one due to price and is probably impossible to upgrade, but still. Would love a case like that!

Might even try to mod an Isotope case (http://www.scan.co.uk/products/3xs-isotope-v11-lr-chassis-urban-uatx-w-o-psu)

PC: EVGA GTX680, i5 2500K, 8GB Kingston HyperX, Gigabyte Z68-GA-UD3P, 120GB OCZ SSD, 2x1TB WD Greens, Corsair 600t, Corsair AX750, Corsair H100i, ASUS MX239H, Corsair K60 + M60. 

Wow some people make me want to shoot my self in the head comparing apple to dell ( TO WAY OVERPRICED COMPANIES) think about it this way for $2000+ your getting a good spec computer. In 3 years you'll have a paper weight and heater for the winter. Since you cant upgrade it. For 2000 dollars build a computer thats faster and upgradable down the road.

Fedex Ground must be on Horse back, It took 7 days to go 200 miles

That looks awesome, but I would only get one assuming it was never upgradable.

That's awesome I want one and I don't even care for Apple. I wish I could do a build in that case.

“Snorting instant coffee is the best,” said Kayla Johns, 19, of Portland.

I find it laughable that people make fun of people who buy apple products because they don't know tech. Well lets see half of you configure MPI, something that is really easy to do but most of you will need to google. People Legitimately like working in OSX over Windows, and this is the most powerful computer they can get to do it. I hardly ever see windows computers used in field like Physics, Geoscience, and Chemistry. 

Most people who buy computers/build computers on this website use their computer to play videogames. Most people who buy Mac Pros use it to do graphic design, run models/science simulations, and interface with redhat. All these things are infinitely easier within the OSX ecosystem.  

Here is the larger point. Most of the posts here seem like a gut reaction, what I would call our default settings. But perhaps, like everything in life, words sound and are read better when there is perspective behind them. I once read that the power of education isn't that it teaches you how to think, but shows you what to think about. Maybe its time that some of you think about things other than through the lens of yourself.

I have a 2019 macbook pro with 64gb of ram and my gaming pc has been in the closet since 2018

how can anyone find this thing attractive, it looks more like a trash can than a computer

You still don't get it. Different people expect different things from a computer. Someone who has an office and wants a nice computer that looks good and occupies takes little space buys this and not a HAF X

I have an FT03 with a 3770k + 780 and some part of me still wants this machine.

Apple branding or Looks?

Is this the real life? Or is this just fantasy?