Is it bad to look at highly pixelated images?

79wjd

As the title says... 

I don't mean if its not ideal...I mean is it actually harmful to your eyes--like trying to read a book in a dark room is (as it stresses your eyes). 

I'm wondering since I have a 1920x1200 (as my main monitor) and a secondary monitor at 1440x900 and the different resolutions bothers me a bit...So, i'd like to upscale the 1440x900 to 1920x1200 so I can have matching resolutions. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Try it. If it hurts your eyes to look at it for extended periods of time then probably yes and you should revert. If not, then you're good :)

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

As the title says... 

I don't mean if its not ideal...I mean is it actually harmful to your eyes--like trying to read a book in a dark room is (as it stresses your eyes). 

I'm wondering since I have a 1920x1200 (as my main monitor) and a secondary monitor at 1440x900 and the different resolutions bothers me a bit...So, i'd like to upscale the 1440x900 to 1920x1200 so I can have matching resolutions. 

No? I have a 1440x900 monitor and it's fine? I don't get what you're saying lol

"Rawr XD"

No? I have a 1440x900 monitor and it's fine?

I mean if I run my 1440x900 monitor at 1920x1200, in which case it gets highly pixelated. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

I mean if I run my 1440x900 monitor at 1920x1200, in which case it gets highly pixelated. 

Oh. I didn't even know that was possible lol

Anyways looking at pixelated images couldn't possibly be bad for your eyes. When the iPhone first came out, people (including me) thought wow it's so high resolution for a mobile device, after the iPhone 4 came out with the same size screen and 4x the pixels, people got used to retina display. Now go back to the iPhone 2g/3g/3gs and what was once and amazing screen now looks like a pixelated mess.

"Rawr XD"

As the title says... 

I don't imagine it is a big deal, It might take a little getting used to but not much more.

There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Just some helpful stuff: You're - You are, Your - Your car, They're - They are, Their - Their car, There - Over there.

Folding @ Home Install Guide and Links | My Build

People who grew up with SD monitors should be harmed if that was the case. There is no problem. It's not like reading in the dark, more like reading a fotocopy

Well no. Haveing too much brightness applied on the monitor all the time probably will ruin your eyes more.

Bye LTT. That was an interesting journey on this board. At least here you see how not to do it. I'll go shaking my head about this place.

Unless your squinting trying to look at things I see no harm.

staring at the monitor for long hours is actually bad for your eyes

trust me

my eyes are really broken now when CRTs were in the rage

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

As the title says... 

Reading in the dark might make your eyes sore or irritated, but it's not in the least bit harmful.

And no, if anything pixelated stuff and poor resolution is more harmful to your soul than your eyes.

The difference in resolutions shouldn't be a problem either, if your scaling is working correctly, it might annoy your eyes rather than make your situation better if your eyes have to refocus to another monitor because the scaling is way off from forced downsampling.

Error: 410