64 to 32...

Hey,...

I just wanted to Downgrade my Windows 8.1 64bit to 32bit...

Can there is a way to downgrade my Windows From 64bit to 32bit...

If, possible without the Windows Disk...

Why...

There is no point to doing that...

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Cannot downgrade, you would need to do a fresh install.

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

Now why would you do that? There's no longer any benefit to a 32-bit OS these days and the programs are usually compatible... That is unless you have really old hardware that only have the 32-bit drivers...

Can there is a way to downgrade my Windows From 64bit to 32bit...

No.

WHY??????

Lots of 32-bit software can be run under an x64 OS environment and downgrading to 32-bit will limit you to 4GB of RAM, the rest will just sit there because it cannot be addressed.

You'd have to do a full reinstall but doing so would be against the objections of everybody on this thread.

If it's like windows 7 you'd probably have two discs in the box. 32bit and 64bit.

(Or if they have it on their website nowadays)

But why if i may ask. Do you want to downgrade? 

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Anything that is 32 bit will work with a 64 bit OS

BUT

Not everything that works with 64 bit will work with a 32 bit OS.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

But why, if i may ask, do you want to downgrade? 

Exactly what I want to know...

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

What are you still trying to use that is 16bit?

If you need to run 16-bit apps use DOSBOX.

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

Now why would you do that? There's no longer any benefit to a 32-bit OS these days and the programs are usually compatible... That is unless you have really old hardware that only have the 32-bit drivers...

Wrong, there is a benefit to 32-bit OS's.  If your system has less than 2GB of RAM, a 64-bit system will run like crap due to larger instructions.  

For example, my dad's old laptop has a 64-bit CPU, with 1GB of RAM.  Running 64-bit Linux Mint XFCE (extremely lightweight) CRUSHES performance, to the point where web browsing is almost impossible.  However, running 32-bit decreases memory usage and improves the overall experience.

QUOTE ME OR I PROBABLY WON'T SEE YOUR RESPONSE 

My Setup:

Desktop

Spoiler

CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15  Motherboard: Asus Prime X370-PRO  RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 @3200MHz  GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 FTW3 ULTRA (+50 core +400 memory)  Storage: 1050GB Crucial MX300, 1TB Crucial MX500  PSU: EVGA Supernova 750 P2  Chassis: NZXT Noctis 450 White/Blue OS: Windows 10 Professional  Displays: Asus MG279Q FreeSync OC, LG 27GL850-B

Main Laptop:

Spoiler

Laptop: Sager NP 8678-S  CPU: Intel Core i7 6820HK @ 2.7GHz  RAM: 32GB DDR4 @ 2133MHz  GPU: GTX 980m 8GB  Storage: 250GB Samsung 850 EVO M.2 + 1TB Samsung 850 Pro + 1TB 7200RPM HGST HDD  OS: Windows 10 Pro  Chassis: Clevo P670RG  Audio: HyperX Cloud II Gunmetal, Audio Technica ATH-M50s, JBL Creature II

Thinkpad T420:

Spoiler

CPU: i5 2520M  RAM: 8GB DDR3  Storage: 275GB Crucial MX30

Wrong, there is a benefit to 32-bit OS's.  If your system has less than 2GB of RAM, a 64-bit system will run like crap due to larger instructions.  

For example, my dad's old laptop has a 64-bit CPU, with 1GB of RAM.  Running 64-bit Linux Mint XFCE (extremely lightweight) CRUSHES performance, to the point where web browsing is almost impossible.  However, running 32-bit decreases memory usage and improves the overall experience.

I see... Pardon the mistake...

But look at the build he put in his profile...

13b46206fb.png

With that, there would be little benefit to downgrading to 32-bit...

NO, not my rig... It's another rig...

My rig is all 64bit...

Everything I have has a 64bit Architeture...

My rig is all 64bit...

ok stop trolling it was fun now its getting annoying lol 

My rig is all 64bit...

Oh... I thought it was this one...

Well.. If you really need to downgrade, you'd best do a clean install... A quick search on Google showed that there is a 32-bit Windows 8.1 but I think it might require another purchase... You might want to contact Microsoft directly to clarify on this point...