Show off your latest purchases

I'm just praying that ASUS has better QC than Acer when it releases lol. The Swift had one dead pixel in the top right corner, but wasn't an issue, and what I perceived to be a (scratch?) but at the time I was already planning t return it so I could've cared less what it was lol . I tried replace my Qnix as my main display, but couldn't put up with the graininess of it even though it had less issues than my Qnix.

Duhh.. the Qnix is glorious IPS not TN garbage  :P

Open your eyes and break your chains. Console peasantry is just a state of mind.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

Duhh.. the Qnix is glorious IPS not TN garbage  :P

Oh well. If there's one thing I've learned through this expensive lesson, it's to never buy a TN panel NO MATTER HOW "HIGH QUALITY" IT'S PRAISED TO BE OR HOW GOOD THE SPECS ARE. Shit could have a 10 bajillion Hz display, but I ain't gonna buy it if it's TN LOL.

CPU Intel i7-4770k @4.4Ghz Motherboard ASUS Maximus VI Hero RAM Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz 16GB GPU MSI GTX 970 GAMING 4G Case Corsair 760T Storage Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB + 2x WD Black 1TB PSU Corsair AX860 Display(s) AcerXB1, QNIX QX2710                         Cooling Corsair H105 Keyboard Corsair K70 Cherry MX Red + Red LED Mouse Logitech G700s Sound Beyerdynamic MMX300

Oh well. If there's one thing I've learned through this expensive lesson, it's to never buy a TN panel NO MATTER HOW "HIGH QUALITY" IT'S PRAISED TO BE OR HOW GOOD THE SPECS ARE. Shit could have a 10 bajillion Hz display, but I ain't gonna buy it if it's TN LOL.

Both TN and IPS are quite shit, that's why I want O-LED so badly lol  :D

Please, Asus release a 4K 120HZ OLED Swift  :wub:

Open your eyes and break your chains. Console peasantry is just a state of mind.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

Both TN and IPS are quite shit, that's why I want O-LED so badly lol  :D

Please, Asus release a 4K 120HZ OLED Swift  :wub:

Meh QHD is already so sharp. If they were to do that, it'd have to be at least 32 inches, or ideally 34 inches for it to make sense. Too me, however, I see Ultra-Wide as the future and not 4K.

CPU Intel i7-4770k @4.4Ghz Motherboard ASUS Maximus VI Hero RAM Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz 16GB GPU MSI GTX 970 GAMING 4G Case Corsair 760T Storage Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB + 2x WD Black 1TB PSU Corsair AX860 Display(s) AcerXB1, QNIX QX2710                         Cooling Corsair H105 Keyboard Corsair K70 Cherry MX Red + Red LED Mouse Logitech G700s Sound Beyerdynamic MMX300

RAID Card? Which one?

I got this one:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16815124020

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Meh QHD is already so sharp. If they were to do that, it'd have to be at least 32 inches, or ideally 34 inches for it to make sense. Too me, however, I see Ultra-Wide as the future and not 4K.

Lmao QHD is pretty shit compared to a proper 4K or even 5K monitor. Why do you think I run 5K DSR in almost all games I play.

I really hope that next year we will see the first 8K monitors at CES.

Ultrawides are the most overpriced and overhyped monitors, for the same price you can have a triple 25-27 inch monitors which is better for productivity and immersion.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

Lmao QHD is pretty shit compared to a proper 4K or even 5K monitor. Why do you think I run 5K DSR in almost all games I play.

I can't give a proper argument on QHD vs UHD/4K having never experienced 4K, but like I said, the latter would hold it's own at 34 inches, meanwhile QHD has a "sweet spot" at 27 inches. It gets to the point where having a higher resolution at the same screen size is pointless. Also isn't 5K DSR just 200% resolution scale? I'd rather have 1440p with either FXAA or 2xMSAA with FXAA being the favorable option.

Ultrawides are the most overpriced and overhyped monitors, for the same price you can have a triple 25-27 inch monitors which is better for productivity and immersion.

This is why I'm caught in a flux in deciding between a single X34, which would give me good framerates in a lot of titles with an SLI of whatever Nvidia's next high-end card is, or three of the PG279Q's for increased immersion, but theoretically less than half the framerates of a single X34 for an additional $1000 or so.

I can't give a proper argument on QHD vs UHD/4K having never experienced 4K, but like I said, the latter would hold it's own at 34 inches, meanwhile QHD has a "sweet spot" at 27 inches. It gets to the point where having a higher resolution at the same screen size is pointless. Also isn't 5K DSR just 200% resolution scale? I'd rather have 1440p with either FXAA or 2xMSAA with FXAA being the favorable option.

This is why I'm caught in a flux in deciding between a single X34, which would give me good framerates in a lot of titles with an SLI of whatever Nvidia's next high-end card is, or three of the PG279Q's for increased immersion, but theoretically less than half the framerates of a single X34 for an additional $1000 or so.

Then why are you giving us your so called "advice"? And how come you never ever seen a 4K display in action? Haven't you visited a electronic store in the last 2 years?

I've had the opportunity to get the Acer XB270HU which is the best gaming monitor at the moment on the market at a very nice price (390€), but it still lacks that crispness when compared to my 4K tv or 5K Imac's at stores.

I really hope this dilemma of a high resolution display vs high refresh rate will end soon, maybe when Pascal series gets released with Displayport 1.3

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

Then why are you giving us your so called "advice"? And how come you never ever seen a 4K display in action? Haven't you visited a electronic store in the last 2 years?

I've had the opportunity to get the Acer XB270HU which is the best gaming monitor at the moment on the market at a very nice price, but it still lacks that crispness when compared to my 4K tv or 5K Imac's at stores.

I should've been more clear and said that I hadn't seen a UHD monitor and not just a UHD display (I've seen the 50+ inch displays a few times and are gorgeous compared to Full HD ones). And there aren't a whole lot of electronics stores besides Best Buy here and they don't tend to show off a lot of 4K monitors besides the occasional professional displays that are way to expensive for my tastes, so I never really give them a complete observation.  (there's a Microcenter, but it's in the ghetto-y part of town :P ). Also I wasn't trying to give advice. I was just saying that 1440p is sharp enough for my tastes so having 4K with the same screen size wouldn't affect me in any way besides having to spend more money on GPU power to keep games at that high of a res. Sorry if I made it seem as though everyone should take my own view as fact lol.

Just picked up this bad boy for $122 at Best Buy. So much for an 860K and beefcake motherboard. Guess my GTX 480 goes back to the showoff shelf and my 300R gets the dual-PIII board and stuff. Now I just have to decide if I want to put my Rosewill PSU in it that is a lot quieter, or just stick with my EVGA unit that will hopefully cut down on cable clutter considerably...

19334545624_25457e51b5_h.jpg20150723_205945 by Travis McClelland, on Flickr

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Well the last owner must have been a idiot to donate a almost brand new 140 dollar camera......picked it up at Goodwill....

21PnF4E.jpg

WTF are those employees dumb?  They sure can't use Google  :huh:

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

Dell U2515H 25" 1440p...even though I already own a 4K monitor

27790d1417709451-dell-commercial-solutio

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

WTF are those employees dumb?  They sure can't use Google  :huh:

Probably.

13 bucks for a Go Pro is a good deal tho

You really have to see it IRL and not rely on pure data to see how it performs under different scenarios.

I don't trust eyes, they are too inconsistent.

I don't trust eyes, they are too inconsistent.

So are different peoples' opinions on monitors. The only person you can trust is yourself. ;)

So you automatically enter defence-mode?

I was actually asking because Skrilexx quit making music like 1.5 years ago.

no, he has not

Jack U (Skrillex and Diplo) just brought an album out, and skrillex still makes music, he is just not in the "pop industry" anymore that much

So are different peoples' opinions on monitors. The only person you can trust is yourself. ;)

Kind of like how I love my new S2340M, but other people may hate it and think it shouldn't even exist.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Kind of like how I love my new S2340M, but other people may hate it and think it shouldn't even exist.

My point is proved :P

Aren't most 144hz panels "overclocked" 120hz panels anyways? I remember either BenQ or a ASUS panel to have a 120hz panel with a boost function if you will to 144hz.

no idea as I have never owned one but even 75hz would be fine with me. Looking back I remember when that was basically standard due to CRT's.

8 4th generation eneloops

IMG_6149.jpg

Nice choice man! I still to this day wondered with the whole Sanyo now Panasonic thing though.

Nice choice man! I still to this day wondered with the whole Sanyo now Panasonic thing though.

Sanyo was bought by Panasonic in 2011

Sanyo was bought by Panasonic in 2011

Like all of it just like *gobble, gobble, yum*?