Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
JLCitadel

Anime Club - Heaven Society

1 minute ago, themaniac said:

two words. Pink tank

that was my biggest problem with it, I literally dropped it just because of that

Welcome to Moe Anime where cute girls do cute things and that's it.

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^
Open Giveaways: None at the moment!
Closed Giveaways: [Giveaway #1]LTT Forum Wide Giveaway | [Giveaway #2]LTT Forum Wide Giveaway | [Giveaway #1]Heaven Society Anime Club Giveaway | [Giveaway #2]Heaven Society Anime Club Giveaway

Just now, MyInnerFred said:

Welcome to Moe Anime where cute girls do cute things and that's it.

In other words the 8th circle of hell.

Just your everyday Anime Weeb Time Traveling Mad Scientist Collector

CPU: AMD Ryzen 1800X | GPU:  Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 1080 | RAM:  32GB G Skill Flare X DDR4-2400 | PSU: EVGA 1000W GQ 80+Gold | Motherboard: Gigabyte AX370 Gaming 5| Cooler:  Noctua NH-D15 |Case:  NZXT Noctis 450 (White) | Storage: 512GB Samsung SSD + 4TB Western Digital 7200RPM|

1 minute ago, themaniac said:

two words. Pink tank

that was my biggest problem with it, I literally dropped it just because of that

lmao of all the things in that show

Want to learn how to make your own custom Windows 10 image?

Main Rig: Intel i7-7700K 5GHz | Gigabyte Z170N | EVGA 1080 ACX 3.0 SC | 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA P2 650W | Custom Loop

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

3 minutes ago, themaniac said:

two words. Pink tank

Well, its an all girls Anime, what do you expect? ;)

And they do tank fights for fun, nobody gets hurt or dies.

So yeah, it isn't the most realistic and only done to entertain.

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

e29F8Jd.png

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^
Closed Giveaways: [Giveaway #1]LTT Forum Wide Giveaway | [Giveaway #2]LTT Forum Wide Giveaway | [Giveaway #1]Heaven Society Anime Club Giveaway | [Giveaway #2]Heaven Society Anime Club Giveaway

30 minutes ago, Stefan Payne said:

I have but it was a long time ago and to be honest, I don't remember.

If you know the Episode I should look at with a timeframe, I'd be happy to look at it again. 

And the things I remember were just some single words like "Panzer vor!" (well, you can say that, that is a valid sentene in German)

Gonna have to get back to you on that. It has been years since I watched that show and I just remembered that they were shouting German words every now and then.

I will admit the initial d memes of Girls Und Panzer are pretty great

Just your everyday Anime Weeb Time Traveling Mad Scientist Collector

CPU: AMD Ryzen 1800X | GPU:  Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 1080 | RAM:  32GB G Skill Flare X DDR4-2400 | PSU: EVGA 1000W GQ 80+Gold | Motherboard: Gigabyte AX370 Gaming 5| Cooler:  Noctua NH-D15 |Case:  NZXT Noctis 450 (White) | Storage: 512GB Samsung SSD + 4TB Western Digital 7200RPM|

3 minutes ago, Dissitesuxba11s said:

Gonna have to get back to you on that. It has been years since I watched that show and I just remembered that they were shouting German words every now and then.

Oh, now I remember one of the Things that really pissed me off about that Anime.

The Title.

Why the hell would you call it "Girls und Panzer"?!

Makes no sense...

Call it "Mädchen und Panzer", goddamit...

2 minutes ago, Stefan Payne said:

Makes no sense...

They probably did it so that people would know what it is, and it probably sounds cuter (moe-r?) than the full German title.

6 minutes ago, Stefan Payne said:

Oh, now I remember one of the Things that really pissed me off about that Anime.

The Title.

Makes no sense...

Call it " und Panzer", goddamit...

More people recognize "Girl" than "Mädchen". Easier to market and remember. 

One of the things that bothered me was that they all live on super massive ships, basically aircraft carriers turned into ship islands.... they had shots of them docked into port. The water displacement should be insane and the port must be incredibly deep in order for the ship to be docked properly... but hey shit in anime isn't suppose to make sense right? 

girlsundpanzer_ship.jpg

EDIT: Dam that port is also made out of a shit ton of concrete/steel.

2 minutes ago, MyInnerFred said:

But hey shit in anime isn't suppose to make sense right? 

that depends on the Anime and what it wants to archieve.

Just think about it for a second:
Girls in tanks shooting at each other. as a sport. (Sensho-do was it AFAIR, sadly they translated that for whatever reason)

That doesn't make much sense either, does it? ;)
Especially if we talk about nobody really getting hurt. And the White Flags popping out of the tanks.

9 minutes ago, Stefan Payne said:

Girls in tanks shooting at each other. as a sport. (Sensho-do was it AFAIR, sadly they translated that for whatever reason)

That doesn't make much sense either, does it? ;)
Especially if we talk about nobody really getting hurt. And the White Flags popping out of the tanks.

18 minutes ago, MyInnerFred said:

but hey shit in anime isn't suppose to make sense right?

I also thought it was funny that the townspeople were happy that their house/shop was destroyed during the fray, even getting mad at the "lucky one" that has their building destroyed. 

5 hours ago, MyInnerFred said:

More people recognize "Girl" than "Mädchen". Easier to market and remember. 

One of the things that bothered me was that they all live on super massive ships, basically aircraft carriers turned into ship islands.... they had shots of them docked into port. The water displacement should be insane and the port must be incredibly deep in order for the ship to be docked properly... but hey shit in anime isn't suppose to make sense right?

EDIT: Dam that port is also made out of a shit ton of concrete/steel.

Lmao, yeah, best to throw logic out of the window at times when watching anime.

5 hours ago, Dissitesuxba11s said:

I also thought it was funny that the townspeople were happy that their house/shop was destroyed during the fray, even getting mad at the "lucky one" that has their building destroyed. 

What the?  Ok, now I need to go watch that one.  Sounds hilarious.

Just a nutty gal that abuse hardware with F@H and BOINC.

F@H & BOINC Installation on Linux Guide

My CPU Army: 4690K Delid, E5-2670V3, 1900X, 1950X

My GPU Army:960 FTW at 1551MHz, 1080Ti FTW3, 1080Ti SC, 1070 Hybrid, 2x Titan XP

My Console Brigade: Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, PS2 Fatty, PS4 Pro, Xbox One S, Xbox One X

Hardware lost to Kevdog's Law of Folding

OG Titan, 5960X, ThermalTake BlackWidow 850 Watt PSU

44 minutes ago, Arika S said:

this is quite possibly the cutest gif i have ever seen

YWg0fKM.gif

What is this from?

(Anyone else using Vivaldi and can't see Gif as animations? They are still images for me... have to open another browser for them to work)

Edit : Seems to be from Yozakura quartet : hana no uta, episode 10 

CPU: Intel Core i7 875k / GPU: Radeon HD7970 GHz 3GB  / RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GBx2 DDR3-1600
MOBO: ASUS P7P55D-e LX / SSD: Intel 520 120GB / Case: Cooler Master HAF912 / PSU: Corsair TX850w / OS: Windows 10 Pro

Just a reminder that there is an HSC Steam Group:

https://steamcommunity.com/groups/HeavenSociety

The reason I mention this is because Steam updated and has a Discord-like Chat now. It's not as good as Discord, but it has at least one feature Discord doesn't. Spoilers for images. It's a huge improvement over old Steam Chat though.

Group chats are attached to all groups so yeah. I'm pretty sure you all have Steam accounts, so if you wanted to talk more instantly, but not use Discord for some reason, there you go.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

On 7/23/2018 at 11:06 AM, MyInnerFred said:

I actually remember a thread on the World of Tanks forum complaining about how Girl und Panzer was using German incorrectly.

I'm not sure myself.

As long as they do not butcher English, its all good :)

Sudo make me a sandwich 

56 minutes ago, DaPhuc said:

Why a lot of people hate anime? Is it because the anime logic? Weeaboo? Or just don't like Asian cartoon? 

because it's seen as part of nerd/geek culture same as video games, which is weird to some people. It has negative connotations associated with it for those that don't really understand or know much about what anime is. The masses believe it is akin to port since it's overly-sexualised (of which it absolutely can be) but don't know that there are other genres within the anime medium as a whole, just like how people think that all video games are violent because the ones that get the most overage are the controversial ones

1 hour ago, DaPhuc said:

Why a lot of people hate anime? Is it because the anime logic? Weeaboo? Or just don't like Asian cartoon? 

I'd say it's everything @Arika S said, along with some lesser minds thinking it's for kids, perverts and/or people with no life.

Those who hate anime, are generally the ones that have never seen a single decent anime(or any anime at all) and think all anime are the same. They are the kind who believe every anime is like Highschool DxD(or some other trash anime like it), where there's no storyline worth mentioning and every episodes are filled with naked girls because their clothes are made of paper and fly off at the slightest breeze.

CPU: Intel Core i7 875k / GPU: Radeon HD7970 GHz 3GB  / RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GBx2 DDR3-1600
MOBO: ASUS P7P55D-e LX / SSD: Intel 520 120GB / Case: Cooler Master HAF912 / PSU: Corsair TX850w / OS: Windows 10 Pro

13 minutes ago, TetraSky said:

thinking it's for kids

Some of the best ones are.

Seagull eat fish. But fish belong to Mafia. Mafia punch seagull for not respecting Mafia. Seagull say "No, please! I have child!"

Mafia punch seagull with child.

Pyo.

Heck, it's like with Western animation.  People think something wrong with you if you are an adult watching cartoons.

Just a nutty gal that abuse hardware with F@H and BOINC.

F@H & BOINC Installation on Linux Guide

My CPU Army: 4690K Delid, E5-2670V3, 1900X, 1950X

My GPU Army:960 FTW at 1551MHz, 1080Ti FTW3, 1080Ti SC, 1070 Hybrid, 2x Titan XP

My Console Brigade: Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, PS2 Fatty, PS4 Pro, Xbox One S, Xbox One X

Hardware lost to Kevdog's Law of Folding

OG Titan, 5960X, ThermalTake BlackWidow 850 Watt PSU

2 hours ago, Ithanul said:

Heck, it's like with Western animation.  People think something wrong with you if you are an adult watching cartoons.

Except western animation is nowhere near how prominent anime is in Japan.

75yX9XU.gif