Custom Water Cooled Desk - 56k warning. Lotsa Pictures! *Now with Table of Contents*

PBaines

time for a new computer ;)

I know... Building one this summer!  :D

CPU: RYZEN 5 2600   Motherboard: MSI B450I GAMING PLUS AC   Memory: CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX 16GB 3200MHZ   Storage: TEAM GROUP MP33 1TB

GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 FTW   Case: COOLER MASTER NR200P   PSU: CORSAIR SF600   Mouse: G PRO WIRELESS   Keyboard: ANNE PRO 2

Build log! Post it!

And please use spoilers, my internet almost dies whenever I shall open that thread ;)

In all honesty though, it almost does.

So many things I could write here... things like this.

I will be doing an update in a couple of days,

I warned in the title there would be a lot of photos :p

In a couple of days!!! I Want Them NOW!!! :D Jokes aside, your work is amazing, i love all the pictures you're taking for us! Keep up the work :D

Build log

CPU: FX-6100 @ 3.9 MOBO: GA 990XA-UD3 RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB GPU: HD6870 PSU: Corsair GS800 Case: Bitfenix Outlaw SSD: Samsung 840 250GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Cooling: Custom Water-Cooling Peripherals: Keyboard: G710+ Mouse: Steelseries Sensei Steering Wheel: Logitech G27 Sound: Speakers: Logitech x530 Headset: Razer Chimaera Monitor: Benq G2450HM, LG 32" TV

This is so über cool! I really wanted to do one myself, but funds are low. Awesome work!

not even close! lol,

I am on 4Mb/s down and  and 0.5Mb/s up :(

2770398333.png

Wow where do you live?and how much do you pay? i pay $30 a month 

2770408518.png

for F**KING 40€ = 54$ and I live about 100m from Fiberglas with 100 down and 16 up! fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

CPU: AMD FX-8350 @4.2GHz cooled by Corsair H100 | Mainboard: ASUS ROG Crosshair V Formula-Z | GPU: XFX HD7970 DD 3GB | RAM: 16GB G.Skill RipjawsX | Case: ANTEC P280 windowed | PSU: beQuiet! 650W DarkPower Pro

Now @ University in Munich: Games Engineering!!!!

2770408518.png

for F**KING 40€ = 54$ and I live about 100m from Fiberglas with 100 down and 16 up! fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

That is german internet in a nutshell.

A friend of mine just moved to a students livingplace with internet provided by the uni, and now he has 400MBps up and down. So he claims at least. I am guessing more like 100mbps, which is the fastest I can get at uni with dualband wifi or a cable. Still I am kind of jealous.

sneaky edit:

2770450230.png

I am faster than 50% woo! I guess i still neede a better ISP because these guys fuck you over with their deals with limited volume they announced. also youtube throttling.

Why did I end up making a lengthyer post about german ISPs in a thread about a epic build?

Let's not do that again, shall we...

Anyhow this thread has motivated me to think about making my own case next build. When I have money. And time. But especially money. oh wait, not even that should be too big of an issue, since wood isn't too expensive. Or is it? wood love to know, so I can think about doing a woodcase in summer? when I have lot's of time?

wood love to know, so I can think about doing a woodcase in summer?

Funniest and most appropriate mistake ever :D

So many things I could write here... things like this.

That is german internet in a nutshell.

A friend of mine just moved to a students livingplace with internet provided by the uni, and now he has 400MBps up and down. So he claims at least. I am guessing more like 100mbps, which is the fastest I can get at uni with dualband wifi or a cable. Still I am kind of jealous.

sneaky edit:

2770450230.png

I am faster than 50% woo! I guess i still neede a better ISP because these guys fuck you over with their deals with limited volume they announced. also youtube throttling.

Why did I end up making a lengthyer post about german ISPs in a thread about a epic build?

Let's not do that again, shall we...

Anyhow this thread has motivated me to think about making my own case next build. When I have money. And time. But especially money. oh wait, not even that should be too big of an issue, since wood isn't too expensive. Or is it? wood love to know, so I can think about doing a woodcase in summer? when I have lot's of time?

I wont post my internet speed, for some it's hard to believe :D(hint: 11euros/month, and allot faster than those posted so far. Obviously slower than what some guys get at some universities).

On topic: Can't wait for that new update :). Will we see cable management too?

Edit: Linus saw your build (I'm not even wondering, it's the best so far :) ), link to his twitter post:

https://twitter.com/LinusTech/status/344888858833453057

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12; GPU: GeForce RTX 3080 Gigabyte Vision OC V2 10GB; PSU: EVGA 750W 80+ Gold Certified; RAM: 4x32GB (w/RGB xd); SSD: 1xM.2 Samsung 980 Pro 1TB, 1xM.2 Samsung 970 Pro 1TB, 1xWD 6TB HDD; OS: 10; Monitor: 2xAorus IPS 27" (2560x1400)Keyboard: Corsair K95; Mouse: Mionix Naos 7000 w/ Steelseries QcK mousepad.

Laptop - HP Omen 15" w/5800U, GPU 3070, 1TB M.2 WD Black, 16GB RAM.

2770757420.png

I have 24 down 25 up.. and that's $75

On topic: Can't wait for that new update :). Will we see cable management too?

Edit: Linus saw your build (I'm not even wondering, it's the best so far :) ), link to his twitter post:

https://twitter.com/LinusTech/status/344888858833453057

Cable management will be in the following update, need to finish my tube routing before that so I can then work out what I can do with my cables.

Oh wow! Glad he saw it :D

you my friend are a very talented person. This is awesome!

"Play the course as you find it. Play the Ball as it lies. And if you can't do either, do what's fair."

hmmmm tech stuff 

If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough it will be believed.

-Adolf Hitler 

:huh: :o :blink:  ............................... :wub:

-Corsair Carbide 500r + TX-750w V2 | Asus P5Q Deluxe + Intel Core2Duo E8400 @ 3.8Ghz + 2x2GB G.Skill DDR2 1066mhz

-Sapphire HD4890 1GB DDR5 (New Edition) + 1x Intel SSD 330 120GB + 2x Seagate Barracuda 500GB SlimSinglePlate (RAID0)

fabolous!

|| CPU Intel Core i7 3770K | Motherboard Asus P8Z77-V Pro RAM Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600MHz | GPU Asus GTX 680 DirectCU II TOP 2048MB GDDR5 | Case Coolermaster CM Scout 2 | Storage Samsung SSD 830 256GB, 3TB Seagate | PSU BeQuiet! Straight Power 580W | Displays BenQ XL2720T, Fujitsu 22" | Cooling Noctua NH-U14S | Keyboard Logitech G710+ | Mouse Logitech G700s | Sound Creative, Logitech G930 ||

oh man i'm so jealous; but at the same time i think that is amazing and the most... i don't even know what to say

when i finish my studys i will make my own too!

and well i decided to also post my net because it's quite funny that no so long ago in my country and in my zone in particular we were quite unadvanced and right now for less than 60$ i have this

post-20058-0-19520200-1371163875.png

post-20058-0-19520200-1371163875.png

this is my Internet connection in Bellevue,NE

2772031958.png

oh man i'm so jealous; but at the same time i think that is amazing and the most... i don't even know what to say

when i finish my studys i will make my own too!

and well i decided to also post my net because it's quite funny that no so long ago in my country and in my zone in particular we were quite unadvanced and right now for less than 60$ i have this

I pay $115 NZD for the speed I get, with a 150GB datacap..

super jealous of your speeds :(

2770408518.png

Hmmm...

I has an Idea!

Buy some tools, look at tutorials, get 100m of fibreglass, aaaaaaand,

BAM! better interwebs.

The first step to insanity is believing in your sanity.

Pumps in parallel? That just makes no sense...

It is to make it look better.