aa77b1Y.jpg
vftN5tA.jpg
0Y5cdlb.jpg
T970bCM.jpg
7oN28FM.jpg
pF3FrjW.jpg
krWhbnn.jpg

imgur

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

Unlikely. I wouldnt believe anything you read on the internet if it doesnt have a credible source along with it.

People seem to hate Apple and Steve Jobs for no reason. Its strange.

Unlikely. I wouldnt believe anything you read on the internet if it doesnt have a credible source along with it.

People seem to hate Apple and Steve Jobs for no reason. Its strange.

Lol people have reasons to hate Steve Jobs, doesn't seem strange to me. 

@OP No ones perfect *shrugs*

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

Lol people have reasons to hate Steve Jobs, doesn't seem strange to me. 

@OP No ones perfect *shrugs*

What reasons? Because for whatever dumb/unexplainable reason they dont like the hardware or software the company he was part of created?

I'll just talk to my buddy Woz and clarify this.

Who knows what's true and what's not? This is the internet!

I never understood why he was revered in the first place.

New PC Build - Build Log - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/276039-project-swift-force/

[spoiler=]

• Case: Phanteks Enthoo Primo
  • Motherboard: Asus Maximus VII Hero
  • CPU: Intel i7-4790K
  • GPU1: GIGABYTE G1 GAMING GTX 970 4GB
  • GPU2: GIGABYTE G1 GAMING GTX 970 4GB
  • RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro Red, 16gb (2x8GB) @1600mhz
  • PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850W 80+ Gold
  • CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X61
  • HDD: Seagate Barracuda - 2TB 7200RPM
  • SSD: Samsung 840 EVO - 250GB
  • Monitor: Asus PG278Q ROG Swift 27" 144hz G-Sync
  • Headphones: Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro 600 OHM
  • DAC/AMP: Mayflower Objective2 + ODAC Combo
  • Mouse: ROCCAT Kone Pure Optical
  • Keyboard: KBP V60 - Cherry MX Brown

What reasons? Because for whatever dumb/unexplainable reason they dont like the hardware or software the company he was part of created?

Nah there are people who hate him because of his ideals or the way he acts. You can find examples of why people hated him online, like times he claimed they came up with this or that when in fact it was just ideas taken from other others?

I personally don't care about Steve Jobs but I do know there are people with reason to hate him. 

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

That is just pointed out the bad things he has done, and highlighting them. We have all been "dicks" in some way or another. I've read his autobiography, and numerous books and movies about apple and never really thought of him as being a dick.

I am an apple fanboy, but cant afford the computers :/

I never understood why he was revered in the first place.

People thought he was a innovative genius(if you count taking a bunch of different ideas and massing em together). He was more of a marketing genius from what I see. Anddddd Investors don't give a shit about what he does as long as they make tons of $$$ so there ya go. 

Yeah apparently he was really rude to his employees and didn't really care about them but I'm sure he has done some good things just a lot of people point out the bad. Bill Gates is the complete opposite, my friend who met him last year said that he was really nice and also he has given huge amounts of money to charity.

steve jobs did nothing illegalso far as i know of, to get a great rich person you have to cross some lines and i wonder how these guys got their facts.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

He's a pretty well known dick isn't he? As you can see from his car parked in the handicapped spot, he never wore number plates either.

And that's why he was successful, because he did things his way, and didn't compromise on his vision, even in the littlest things.

Anyone who's wildly successful is a colossal dick - at least at work. Bill Gates was exactly the same, though not as much these days.

A lot of those examples were in the Pirates of Silicon Valley movie.

Whether they were true or not is another story.

CPU: 3930k  @ stock                                  RAM: 32GB RipjawsZ @ 2133Mhz       Cooling: Custom Loop
MOBO: AsRock x79 Extreme9                      SSD: 240GB Vertex 3 (OS)                     Case: HAF XB                     LG 34um95 + Ergotron MX Arm Mount - Dual Review
  GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 670 SLI                     HDD: 1TB WD Black                                PSU: Corsair AX 860                               Beyerdynamic - Custom One Pro Review

Well kids, the moral of the story is... if you park in handicapped parking, chances are you're gonna die of cancer.

Yeah a lot of that stuff was in the movies 'Pirates of Silicon Valley' and 'Jobs'.

I haven't read any of the biographies, but to be honest I believe a lot of it, I never had a boss that wasn't a dick in some way, it's all part of the territory.

A lot of it probably gets exaggerated too, in years to come the whole Linus firing Slick thing might turn into him bullying Slick :lol: You really have to know someone before you can comment.  

All of this was in his official biography.

Sorry for the convoluted speech pattern.

regardless of what shit you might read on the net or in the biography,  you only have to look at the way the company was run to know he was a genuine narcissist.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Yeah Steve was a huge dick. Not someone you should look up to. OP doesn't even mention the time he stole money from Woz (breakout incident).

It's little-known fact that no CEO has ever been a dick in all modern history.

Want to find parts in your budget? Logical Increments is the guide you need. | In the market for a headset? Read this thread. | If you're looking for headphones, please refer to this thread. | Stop being backhanded when offering advice.

CPU: Intel i7-3770K @ 3.5 GHz | CPU Cooler: Thermaltake Frio OCK | Motherboard: ASUS P8Z77-V LK | Memory: 16 GB Corsair Vengeance LP (DDR3-1600) | GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition x 2 (Crossfire) | Storage: 120 GB Kingston SSDNow V300 SSD, 2 TB Toshiba HDD | PSU: Corsair TX850 V2 | Case: In-Win Mana 136 (Black)
Monitor: ASUS VS248H-P | Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 (Cherry MX Brown) | Mouse: Logitech G500 | Speakers: Logitech X-140 | Headphones: Philips Fidelio X1, Sony MDR-X05 | Webcam: Logitech C510

I think the only reason we know he was an asshole is due to his fame, I'll bet there are other CEOs who do things that are much worse but nobody hears about it because they are not a limelight company who produce very popular consumer electronics under a long standing world recognized brand like Apple, so nobody cares what the CEOs do.

I bet the CEO of Monsanto is a monumental asshole.

I don't get why people are so insecure and have to go "Ohh but there are other CEOs that were bad people as well!". If Steve Jobs was awesome then shouldn't you hold him to higher standards than the rest? I think Bill Gates is a good example of a good CEO. Sure he did a lot of bad things but as far as I know he was a nice person (who ruled an evil company). All the work he has done in the last decade or so has been charity work. If you compare Steve and Bill then Bill is an angel and Steve is a huge asshole.

How other people act is no excuse for bad behaviour.

I think this thread is more about shattering the illusion that Steve was a good person. He was an awful man. Every time I see someone look up to Jobs, or talk about what a good man he was I cringe.

I don't get why people are so insecure and have to go "Ohh but there are other CEOs that were bad people as well!". If Steve Jobs was awesome then shouldn't you hold him to higher standards than the rest? I think Bill Gates is a good example of a good CEO. Sure he did a lot of bad things but as far as I know he was a nice person (who ruled an evil company). All the work he has done in the last decade or so has been charity work. If you compare Steve and Bill then Bill is an angel and Steve is a huge asshole.

How other people act is no excuse for bad behaviour.

I think this thread is more about shattering the illusion that Steve was a good person. He was an awful man. Every time I see someone look up to Jobs, or talk about what a good man he was I cringe.

I'm honestly as annoyed about this thread as you are. This thread shouldn't exist; I guarantee everyone who is reading this post that if it were any other CEO, nobody would give two pigeon shits how mean they were.

Want to find parts in your budget? Logical Increments is the guide you need. | In the market for a headset? Read this thread. | If you're looking for headphones, please refer to this thread. | Stop being backhanded when offering advice.

CPU: Intel i7-3770K @ 3.5 GHz | CPU Cooler: Thermaltake Frio OCK | Motherboard: ASUS P8Z77-V LK | Memory: 16 GB Corsair Vengeance LP (DDR3-1600) | GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition x 2 (Crossfire) | Storage: 120 GB Kingston SSDNow V300 SSD, 2 TB Toshiba HDD | PSU: Corsair TX850 V2 | Case: In-Win Mana 136 (Black)
Monitor: ASUS VS248H-P | Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 (Cherry MX Brown) | Mouse: Logitech G500 | Speakers: Logitech X-140 | Headphones: Philips Fidelio X1, Sony MDR-X05 | Webcam: Logitech C510

I don't think anybody on this forum is qualified to testify to his demeanour

None of knew him or anybody that worked with him. It is pure speculation and here-say.

Him being a dick or not has no bearing on his passion for Apple. His brand was his life and he was devoted to it, maybe he was too extremes sometimes, but it was in the interest of his company, his legacy.

Some people are ruthless in their approach to business, maybe its immoral but you cannot say it was not effective. They wouldn't be the richest company in the world if him being a dick was bad for business. And his company was all he was interested in.

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

I'm honestly as annoyed about this thread as you are. This thread shouldn't exist; I guarantee everyone who is reading this post that if it were any other CEO, nobody would give two pigeon shits how mean they were.

Because people hold steve jobs in such a delusional high regard,  these threads serve to educate those who live in a delusional world.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.