How did you guys save up for your PC?

Go to solution Solved by lani100,

Work, Repair some stuff for family and friends and ask some money for the jobs and I buy some used hardware and build computers and sell them with a llittle profit.

I worked at a computer shop when i was 15, and bought the components from them, saved enough for a $1100 build. Still using that computer to this day :)

Specs, I am on mobile version.

Selling drugs

I was thinking about it but failed life scares me- being kicked out from school and not having education to get a job.

I honestly just mowed lawns for $10 every two weeks... It took a while though :/

Specs, I am on mobile version.

CPU:

• Intel Core i5 3450 @ 3.10GHz

RAM:

• 16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 667MHz

Motherboard:

• Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. Z77X-D3H

Graphics:

• 1023MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 (Gigabyte)

Storage:

• 128GB SAMSUNG SSD
  • 1TB SEAGATE HDD
  • 500GB SEAGATE HDD
  • Power Supply:
  • Corsair TX750M

I probably couldve saved more with the H version of the mobo but it was what the shop had in stock at the time 

Got given a lot of money and splurged about 3k euros on a gaming rig. The piece I love the most is the k70 mechanical keyboard. How does the saying goes? Onve you go mechanical you never go back? At work I have a membrane keyboard and it just feels wrong...

Main rig: Shockwave - MSI Z170 Gaming 7 MOBO, i7-6700k, 16GB DDR4 3000 MHz RAM, KFA2 GTX 980ti HOF, Corsair RM1000 PSU, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD, WD 7200RPM 3TB, Corsair Air 540 White, ASUS P278Q 1440p 144Hz display.

Laptop: Lenovo Y510p, i7-4700HQ, 12 GB (8+4) 1600MHz DDR3 RAM, GT755 2GB SLI graphis card, 1366x768 display.

I was thinking about it but failed life scares me- being kicked out from school and not having education to get a job.

You are selling drugs wrong. It is the OTHER people whose lifes should be destroyed xD

Main rig: Shockwave - MSI Z170 Gaming 7 MOBO, i7-6700k, 16GB DDR4 3000 MHz RAM, KFA2 GTX 980ti HOF, Corsair RM1000 PSU, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD, WD 7200RPM 3TB, Corsair Air 540 White, ASUS P278Q 1440p 144Hz display.

Laptop: Lenovo Y510p, i7-4700HQ, 12 GB (8+4) 1600MHz DDR3 RAM, GT755 2GB SLI graphis card, 1366x768 display.

I saved up for years...I pay myself 50$ a month and 100$ on bday and Christmas.  This money I can use for whatever I want that's not on my budget.  While saving I could never figure out what I wanted to spend it on (approximately 3,000) and then my laptop started going to crap so it gave me my answer.

CPU: i7 - 5930k  GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 980 Ti  MOBO: MSI XPower AC X99 RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 32GB  Boot Drive: M.2 SM951 512GB Storage: 850 Pro 1TB SSD PSU: EVGA 1000W Case: TT Core X9 CPU Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate Case Fans: 2x Cooler Master 200mm Fan, 5x Cougar Vortex 120mm, 4x Be quiet! Pure Wings 140mm Peripherals: Corsair K70 and G5 Mouse

1)knowing on what i need and desire and properly spend my money

2)work, side jobs

3)????

4)profit

You are selling drugs wrong. It is the OTHER people whose lifes should be destroyed xD

Yeah, but you know, laws, police,etc. And if you do drugs, then it's your problem, not the one who's selling it, he just has some, you want to get some. And no I don't do drugs, it's just that I have heard from TV, newspapers there are a lot of money in it, so I just thought what it would be like, as soon as I thought about the consequences I told to myself: TV is full of BS, you can get caught easier than you think, not worth it, keep studying and get a good job.

Yeah, but you know, laws, police,etc. And if you do drugs, then it's your problem, not the one who's selling it, he just has some, you want to get some. And no I don't do drugs, it's just that I have heard from TV, newspapers there are a lot of money in it, so I just thought what it would be like, as soon as I thought about the consequences I told to myself: TV is full of BS, you can get caught easier than you think, not worth it, keep studying and get a good job.

Thanks for the advice dad. xD

Let me tell you something about drugs. My favourite drug is cannabis and it is awesome. I don't drink anymore, i eat little sugar my drug of choice really is weed.

And it is amazing!

And I am highly educated and have nice little job :)

And I am not saying you should deal in drugs. Noooo. It was a joke what I said earlier but the tv is right. There is a lot of money to be made from drugs. Lookat the top five farmaceutical companies. They make so much money that even el chapo goes "dude, that is unethical!".

So, take it easy mate don't think too much about it and enjoy life.

I got about $230 in total on my birthday in 2013 and decided to save it up until November.

I decided that portability had more priority than speed and decided, with the financial help of my parents, that I bought the HP 2000-2d27dx.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

I bought each piece over a few weeks/months lol

CPU AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6 Core 12 Threads Motherboard TUF B450M-PLUS GAMING RAM 32GB Dual-Channel DDR4 GPU 11GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti Case be quiet! White OS Linux Mint Cinnamon

Telling myself "I'm just upgrading my old comp" over a few months, then later realizing that I built a completely setup and spent $5k...

LTT Unigine SUPERPOSITION scoreboardhttps://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jvq_--P35FbqY8Iv_jn3YZ_7iP1I_hR0_vk7DjKsZgI/edit#gid=0

Intel i7 8700k || ASUS Z370-I ITX || AMD Radeon VII || 16GB 4266mhz DDR4 || Silverstone 800W SFX-L || 512GB 950 PRO M.2 + 3.5TB of storage SSD's

SCHIIT Lyr 3 Multibit || HiFiMAN HE-1000 V2 || MrSpeakers Ether C

Mine was around $1100 in 2013 and I used some insurance money from my totaled car. Had to downgrade in car but got a huge upgrade in my computer

One Among the Fence

Jerbs, been working since I was 15. Currently saving up $500 for a pair of 6TB WD Red drives to increase storage on a server. Most important lesson learned is not to use credit to fund a hobby.

Hi, I'm just wondering what your best ways to save money are.

I always used to buy expensive Trend Micro AV, and console games for full price before discovering steam sales on PC.

Wait for big steam sales (winter, summer)

Humble Bundle deals

G2A.com (Buy games with G2A Shield just in case)

CPU: A8-5600K GPU: MSI RX 480 GAMING X 4GB MOBO: ASUS A55BM-PLUS 

RAM: 2x 4GB Samsung DDR3-1600 1.25V PSU: Corsair CX430 CASE: Enermax Ostrog Windowed STORAGE: PNY CS1111 120GB / Hitachi 1TB 7200RPM OS: Windows 10 Pro & macOS Sierra 10.12.3

Hi, I'm just wondering what your best ways to save money are.

I always used to buy expensive Trend Micro AV, and console games for full price before discovering steam sales on PC.

I buy most of my games from G2A.com

Bought a shit load of games from there and haven't run into any issues. Other people don't report the same, however. Some people also question the ethics and legality of sites like that, but again, I've not run into any issues.

Humble Bundle is also worth a look. I've never found anything I've liked on there.

Incipere V5.0

Spoiler

CPU | i7-4790k | GPU | Nvidia GTX Titan X | Motherboard | MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition | Memory | 2x8GB Kingston HyperX Fury DDR3 1866MHz | PSU | EVGA 650 G2 | Storage | Crucial BX200 240GB + Toshiba 3TB | Case | Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 5 | CPU Cooler | Noctua NH-D15

Parvulus V1.0

Spoiler

CPU | i5-4690k | GPU | Zotac GTX 960 | Motherboard | ASRock Z97M-ITX/ac | Memory | 2x4GB G.Skill Ripjaws X DDR3 1600MHz | PSU | EVGA 650 GS | Storage | Crucial BX200 240GB + WD 1TB Blue 2.5" | Case | Silverstone Sugo SG13

If you want to join a group chat of like-minded techies, gaming, and all things dank, join our Discord group. Message me or get into contact with Galaxy. http://linustechtips.com/main/user/107351-gaiaxy/

I don't have an antivirus or malware software (Most antivirus' are a waste of space IMO, *Cough, Cough McAfee, Cough, Cough Norton*)

I buy games on steam sales.

I leach copies of MS office and windows off my school. (I get 7, 8, 8.1 & 10 for free, and get office 2010, 2013, 2015 & 2015 Mac for free)

Wait for big steam sales (winter, summer)

Humble Bundle deals

G2A.com (Buy games with G2A Shield just in case)

Google "2005 Volvo VNL6T" and look at first result