valorant fps drops.

I got a Dell g5 15 5587 laptop : i7 8th gen , gtx 1060 max q , 16 gb ram.

everytime i try playing valorant it runs at a stable 144 fps for the first 5 minutes , but then i get some serious fps drops EVERY single second.

i have tried so many things but nothing helps , i really dont know where those drops come from - i dont think its stuttering since i am already undervolting my cpu.

it drives me MAD and i have asked in the discord but nothing worked. please help.

Just now, emosun said:

whats the temps

1 minute ago, Slottr said:

Temperatures? After the 5 minutes?

about 75 - 85

2 minutes ago, totodile said:

about 75 - 85

reduce your settings , your temps , and expectations. it's a laptop not a desktop

Just now, emosun said:

reduce your settings , your temps , and expectations. it's a laptop not a desktop

my setting are already all medium only textures high . may i add that valorant ran smooth a month or 2 ago

3 minutes ago, totodile said:

may i add that valorant ran smooth a month or 2 ago

it doesnt really matter... if the machine is running hot and throttling. could have been the fastest laptop on earth 2 months ago but now it isn't. so get the temps down.

I really would never expect any sort of modern game or machine that is left totally unchecked as far as driver changes and updates and game/os updates to ever have consistent performance. If you want consistency then never connect to the internet and the software will never change.

Just now, emosun said:

it doesnt really matter if the machine is running hot and throttling. could have been the fastest laptop on earth 2 months ago but now it isn't. so get the temps down.

I really would never expect any sort of modern game or machine that is left totally unchecked as far as driver changes and updates and game/os updates to ever have consistent performance. If you want consistency then never connect to the internet and the software will never change.

well i mean im already undervolting my cpu , idk if i can undervolt any further..

image.png.94f6496a4d58430514183be529abfac8.png

7 minutes ago, totodile said:

well i mean im already undervolting my cpu , idk if i can undervolt any further..

didnt say to undervolt the cpu so you;re on your own with that one

1 hour ago, emosun said:

didnt say to undervolt the cpu so you;re on your own with that one

how am i supposed to reduce temps then..

2 hours ago, emosun said:

i just played on low ... still fps drops

Hey im getting fps drops in valorant , at first i was told it was a problem with the anti cheat but when uninstalling it and running csgo i still get frame drops,

my cpu is too hot when gaming thats why i undervolt it . idk why im getting fps drops now since the temps seem fine when playing . these are my undervolt settings : ( same for cpu cache)

image.png.6cc028974dc813d77529ccc235a8093d.png

Probably voltage throttling. Your CPU needs a certain amount of power to turbo up to its rated max speed. If you undervolt, chances are it'll boost to a low number. Undervolt enough and it won't boost at all.

Just now, Aereldor said:

Probably voltage throttling. Your CPU needs a certain amount of power to turbo up to its rated max speed. If you undervolt, chances are it'll boost to a low number. Undervolt enough and it won't boost at all.

well the problem isnt low fps , its fps drops . + i already tried lowering it to -50 instead -125 and it didnt fix it...

20 minutes ago, totodile said:

Hey im getting fps drops in valorant , at first i was told it was a problem with the anti cheat but when uninstalling it and running csgo i still get frame drops,

my cpu is too hot when gaming thats why i undervolt it . idk why im getting fps drops now since the temps seem fine when playing . these are my undervolt settings : ( same for cpu cache)

Define too hot please. Chances are its actually fine since modern CPUs are rated for 100c pretty much constant.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

Just now, Master Disaster said:

Define too hot please. Chances are its actually fine since modern CPUs are rated for 100c pretty much constant.

my cpu without undervolting would hit 100 degrees .

Undervolting modern CPU's will in almost every case result in worse performance, normally a CPU is "stable" across different voltages, but you may see a difference in performance. Also why don't you use BIOS for undervolting? Oh it's a laptop. instead of undervolting a ultra book, maybe just replace thermal paste. You could go with liquid metal, conductonaut or similar, but I would recommend using electrical tape around the edges of the CPU die. Like shown on this GPU:

nEpMhA2.jpg

**** Be advised, don't use this amount, you'll need about 1/4 the amount. Apply according to manual.

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

Just now, DoctorNick said:

Undervolting modern CPU's will in almost every case result in worse performance, normally a CPU is "stable" across different voltages, but you may see a difference in performance. Also why don't you use BIOS for overclocking? Oh it's a laptop. instead of overclocking a ultra book, maybe just replace thermal paste. You could go with liquid metal, conductonaut or similar, but I would recommend using electrical tape around the edges of the CPU die. Like shown on this GPU:

nEpMhA2.jpg

**** Be advised, don't use this amount, you'll need about 1/4 the amount. Apply according to manual.

for some reasons i cant do that right now. but my problem isnt the heat its the fps drops caused from idk what . 

Just now, totodile said:

for some reasons i cant do that right now. but my problem isnt the heat its the fps drops caused from idk what . 

If cpu is getting 100C under normal condiftions then it's thermal throttling and then that's why.

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

Just now, DoctorNick said:

If cpu is getting 100C under normal condiftions then it's thermal throttling and then that's why.

man im talking after undervolt ... obviously when hitting 100C itll throttle but when undervolting its 75 - 85

1 minute ago, totodile said:

You can lower max turbo and leave voltages.

image.png.6cc028974dc813d77529ccc235a8093d_LI.jpg

FS in Denmark/EU:

so i was thinking changing the undervolt settings will solve the problem .. but i really dont know what settings to use since my current settings 

are copied from a yt vid and i dont understand much abt it.

1 minute ago, DoctorNick said:

You can lower max turbo and leave voltages.

image.png.6cc028974dc813d77529ccc235a8093d_LI.jpg

i cant , wont let me change it

7 minutes ago, totodile said:

my cpu without undervolting would hit 100 degrees .

Then you have other issues that need addressing. Even with a stock Intel HSF no CPU should ever be getting close to 100c while playing a game.

What is the CPU? What is your HSF? What is your case? Where do you live (or what's the ambient room temp)?

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

1 minute ago, totodile said:

i cant , wont let me change it

Then set non turbo ratio instead. It's set for 3ghz when on all 6 cores on default. You could try lower or raise that and see what it does

FS in Denmark/EU: