Phanteks p500a alternative

PampaZiya

I REALLY like this case but unfortunately there are no stocks (white) at all for a quite a while in australia and no retailers have any ETA on when they would.

What would be a good alternative in the same price range (and has to have a white version 🤷‍♂️

6 minutes ago, PampaZiya said:

I REALLY like this case but unfortunately there are no stocks (white) at all for a quite a while in australia and no retailers have any ETA on when they would.

What would be a good alternative in the same price range (and has to have a white version 🤷‍♂️

Bit of a step down price-wise, but you could always go with the p400a. It's in stock on Newegg Australia right now, and it comes in a white version that looks very nice imo: https://www.newegg.com/white-phanteks-eclipse-p400a-atx-mid-tower/p/N82E16811854087?Description=phanteks eclipse p400a&cm_re=phanteks_eclipse p400a-_-11-854-087-_-Product&quicklink=true

Edit: Maybe I'm not actually on newegg Australia, but it may still be in stock there. I think the site redirected me to the US page when I used the search bar... The p500a shows up as out of stock for me too though.

I mostly speak from my own past experience from similar problems. My solution may not work for you, but I'll always try my best to help as much as I can. If you want me to see your reply, make sure to quote my comment or mention me @WaggishOhio383, and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

-- My PC Build --

Ryzen 7 2700x

AsRock B450 Steel Legend

XFX RX 590 Fatboy

Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer RGB 16GB 3200MHz
120GB Crucial BX500 SSD + 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD

Corsair CX650M

Phanteks Eclipse P350x

1 minute ago, WaggishOhio383 said:

Bit of a step down price-wise, but you could always go with the p400a. It's in stock on Newegg Australia right now, and it comes in a white version that looks very nice imo: https://www.newegg.com/white-phanteks-eclipse-p400a-atx-mid-tower/p/N82E16811854087?Description=phanteks eclipse p400a&cm_re=phanteks_eclipse p400a-_-11-854-087-_-Product&quicklink=true

And how does it compare to 500 one? in terms of air flow and I heard it has some flex and loud noise from the front fans?

Phanteks P400A, P400 Digital, Fractal Design Meshify C, Cooler Master H500M, H500P Mesh, TD500 Mesh

Tag or quote me so i see your reply

2 minutes ago, PampaZiya said:

And how does it compare to 500 one? in terms of air flow and I heard it has some flex and loud noise from the front fans?

Pretty sure the p400a also gets great reviews as far as airflow. From what I'm reading online, there don't seem to be that many differences between it and the p500a. I've never heard about the fans being loud so I can't comment on the validity of that.

I mostly speak from my own past experience from similar problems. My solution may not work for you, but I'll always try my best to help as much as I can. If you want me to see your reply, make sure to quote my comment or mention me @WaggishOhio383, and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

-- My PC Build --

Ryzen 7 2700x

AsRock B450 Steel Legend

XFX RX 590 Fatboy

Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer RGB 16GB 3200MHz
120GB Crucial BX500 SSD + 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD

Corsair CX650M

Phanteks Eclipse P350x

5 hours ago, PampaZiya said:

NZXT H500i? 

Dirty Windows Peasants :P ?

6 hours ago, Lord Vile said:

NZXT H500i? 

That's the case I currently have and I wanna change because there's basically no airflow whatsoever

5 hours ago, PampaZiya said:

That's the case I currently have and I wanna change because there's basically no airflow whatsoever

Unless you're heavily overclocking you'll be fine 

be quiet's Pure Base 500DX is also a solid choice, to add to the ones mentioned previously, and it also comes in white.

5 hours ago, Lord Vile said:

Unless you're heavily overclocking you'll be fine 

You don't know what components OP's using. Not that that changes the fact that the H500i (and NZXT's offerings in general it seems) are hotboxes.

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

27 minutes ago, Mateyyy said:

be quiet's Pure Base 500DX is also a solid choice, to add to the ones mentioned previously, and it also comes in white.

You don't know what components OP's using. Not that that changes the fact that the H500i (and NZXT's offerings in general it seems) are hotboxes.

Yeah basically any turbo boost on the CPU just makes the case way too hot. And without OC'ing anything. You can tell there's minimal airflow just by hand (?). I'm no expert so I don't claim to know much. For all I know the recommended cases might be worse, but i got this case 2 years ago and this was a problem since day 1. I'm sitll looking up the recommendations and checking which case to go with.

33 minutes ago, Mateyyy said:

How can you seriously say the H500 is a hotbox when suggesting a case that literally blocks airflow for sound dampening 

I have a H200i which is a smaller case with less airflow and temps are fine, they were fine when I had my Vega 56 which isn't a cool card. 

23 minutes ago, PampaZiya said:

Yeah basically any turbo boost on the CPU just makes the case way too hot. And without OC'ing anything. You can tell there's minimal airflow just by hand (?). I'm no expert so I don't claim to know much. For all I know the recommended cases might be worse, but i got this case 2 years ago and this was a problem since day 1. I'm sitll looking up the recommendations and checking which case to go with.

Gamers Nexus includes thermal testing in their case reviews - in fact that's generally what they mainly focus on.

This video should come in handy, considering what you're after:

17 minutes ago, Lord Vile said:

How can you seriously say the H500 is a hotbox when suggesting a case that literally blocks airflow for sound dampening 

Huh?

Spoiler

d3c63b0b067a83ee51080a32fc0a4693.thumb.png.dc17ede8598ccc80d176471ac0beb76c.png

6_Pure_Base_500_DX_Black_wht.thumb.jpg.073554fe5d441d88977817506f78ac7e.jpg

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

16 minutes ago, Lord Vile said:

You realize the DX is the airflow version, right?

be quiet! Introduces Pure Base 500DX PC Case | eTeknix

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

11 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

You realize the DX is the airflow version, right?

be quiet! Introduces Pure Base 500DX PC Case | eTeknix

which is barely better because it's still mainly a plastic front 

3 minutes ago, Lord Vile said:

Yup, they're basically the same. /s

5f14b50f995401b7f46f369bf0a85624.thumb.jpg.cc0c62392c6c6e45519732c748aef6b6.jpg

1 minute ago, Lord Vile said:

Nearly all mesh fronted cases are made of plastic to some extent????

It's been tested and performs as well as other airflow variants of cases that are typically recommended for high airflow on budget situations. Perhaps it's time to update your info

1 cpu torture only

3 gpu torture only

The 500DX is competitive with other mesh-fronted cases near its price class like the [Mastercase] H500 Mesh, Fractal Meshify C, and P400A RGB, especially for customers that intend to make use of the three included stock fans rather than substituting their own. This is the first be quiet! case we’ve reviewed that has had any RGB effects beyond some basic strips around the panel edges, but they haven’t gone overboard--the ARGB lighting effects are well done without being obnoxious. It’s also a legitimately quiet case, regardless of whether that’s down to the noise-damping efforts or simply the low RPM of the stock fans.

https://www.gamersnexus.net/hwreviews/3575-be-quiet-pure-base-500dx-case-review-mesh-thermals-noise

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

Just now, Mateyyy said:

Yup, they're basically the same. /s

5f14b50f995401b7f46f369bf0a85624.thumb.jpg.cc0c62392c6c6e45519732c748aef6b6.jpg

Because a torture test is a realistic workload...

1 minute ago, TVwazhere said:

Nearly all mesh fronted cases are made of plastic to some extent????

It's been tested and performs as well as other airflow variants of cases that are typically recommended for high airflow on budget situations. Perhaps it's time to update your info

1 cpu torture only

3 gpu torture only

https://www.gamersnexus.net/hwreviews/3575-be-quiet-pure-base-500dx-case-review-mesh-thermals-noise

Maybe you should try and get representative data vs an unrealistic workload.

1 hour ago, Lord Vile said:

Because a torture test is a realistic workload...

what does that have to do with the fact that the DX is a lot better in terms of airflow against the h510 and the pure base 500 (DX).

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

1 minute ago, TofuHaroto said:

what does that have to do with the fact that the DX is a lot better in terms of airflow against the h510 and the pure base 500 (DX).

1200px-Forbidden-151987_svg.thumb.png.402b0b2f9b6232dfbebcc7ecbf873a96.png

3 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

Because it's not a realistic scenario? Also the H700i is only 4 degrees warmer with a completely closed off front panel. When you're not feeding a stupid and unrealistic amount of heat into a case the difference drops significantly. Because clearly we all run with the GPU and CPU pegged at 100% for ten minutes. Also under 60 for the GPU is perfectly fine 

1 minute ago, Lord Vile said:

Because it's not a realistic scenario? Also the H700i is only 4 degrees warmer with a completely closed off front panel. When you're not feeding a stupid amount of heat into a case the difference drops significantly. 

Now you're referencing a different case. Make your mind up.

Just now, Mateyyy said:

Now you're referencing a different case. Make your mind up.

My point was it's barely better than a case with a closed off front so it's clearly top tier at airflow right? 

Also the H700i is only 4 degrees warmer with a completely closed off front panel.

That's... a bigger case. and is a completely different case.

Because it's not a realistic scenario?

Ok... let's say it is, if it was a normal "scenario" the 500DX will still perform better. 

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: