Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
PampaZiya

Phanteks p500a alternative

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

I REALLY like this case but unfortunately there are no stocks (white) at all for a quite a while in australia and no retailers have any ETA on when they would.

 

What would be a good alternative in the same price range (and has to have a white version 🤷‍♂️

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, PampaZiya said:

I REALLY like this case but unfortunately there are no stocks (white) at all for a quite a while in australia and no retailers have any ETA on when they would.

 

What would be a good alternative in the same price range (and has to have a white version 🤷‍♂️

Bit of a step down price-wise, but you could always go with the p400a. It's in stock on Newegg Australia right now, and it comes in a white version that looks very nice imo: https://www.newegg.com/white-phanteks-eclipse-p400a-atx-mid-tower/p/N82E16811854087?Description=phanteks eclipse p400a&cm_re=phanteks_eclipse p400a-_-11-854-087-_-Product&quicklink=true

 

Edit: Maybe I'm not actually on newegg Australia, but it may still be in stock there. I think the site redirected me to the US page when I used the search bar... The p500a shows up as out of stock for me too though.


I'm a casual tech enthusiast just trying to help other people out. Most of the time I speak from my own past experience with similar problems. My solution may not work for you, but I'll do my best to help in any situation I can. If you want me to see your reply, make sure to quote my comment or mention me @WaggishOhio383, and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

 

-- My PC Build --

Ryzen 7 2700x

AsRock B450 Steel Legend

XFX RX 590 Fatboy

Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer RGB 16GB 3200MHz
120GB Crucial BX500 SSD + 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD

Corsair CX650M

Phanteks Eclipse P350x

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 minute ago, WaggishOhio383 said:

Bit of a step down price-wise, but you could always go with the p400a. It's in stock on Newegg Australia right now, and it comes in a white version that looks very nice imo: https://www.newegg.com/white-phanteks-eclipse-p400a-atx-mid-tower/p/N82E16811854087?Description=phanteks eclipse p400a&cm_re=phanteks_eclipse p400a-_-11-854-087-_-Product&quicklink=true

And how does it compare to 500 one? in terms of air flow and I heard it has some flex and loud noise from the front fans?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, PampaZiya said:

And how does it compare to 500 one? in terms of air flow and I heard it has some flex and loud noise from the front fans?

Pretty sure the p400a also gets great reviews as far as airflow. From what I'm reading online, there don't seem to be that many differences between it and the p500a. I've never heard about the fans being loud so I can't comment on the validity of that.


I'm a casual tech enthusiast just trying to help other people out. Most of the time I speak from my own past experience with similar problems. My solution may not work for you, but I'll do my best to help in any situation I can. If you want me to see your reply, make sure to quote my comment or mention me @WaggishOhio383, and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

 

-- My PC Build --

Ryzen 7 2700x

AsRock B450 Steel Legend

XFX RX 590 Fatboy

Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer RGB 16GB 3200MHz
120GB Crucial BX500 SSD + 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD

Corsair CX650M

Phanteks Eclipse P350x

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, PampaZiya said:

I REALLY like this case but unfortunately there are no stocks (white) at all for a quite a while in australia and no retailers have any ETA on when they would.

 

What would be a good alternative in the same price range (and has to have a white version 🤷‍♂️

NZXT H500i? 


Dirty Windows Peasants :P ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
6 hours ago, Lord Vile said:

NZXT H500i? 

That's the case I currently have and I wanna change because there's basically no airflow whatsoever

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, PampaZiya said:

That's the case I currently have and I wanna change because there's basically no airflow whatsoever

Unless you're heavily overclocking you'll be fine 


Dirty Windows Peasants :P ?

Link to post
Share on other sites

be quiet's Pure Base 500DX is also a solid choice, to add to the ones mentioned previously, and it also comes in white.

 

5 hours ago, Lord Vile said:

Unless you're heavily overclocking you'll be fine 

You don't know what components OP's using. Not that that changes the fact that the H500i (and NZXT's offerings in general it seems) are hotboxes.


Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB, 3200MHz 14-14-14-34 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13" (i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe)

Peripherals: Ducky Shine 7 (Cherry MX Brown) | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro Plus | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Displays: Alienware AW2521HF & BenQ BL2420PT

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
27 minutes ago, Mateyyy said:

be quiet's Pure Base 500DX is also a solid choice, to add to the ones mentioned previously, and it also comes in white.

 

You don't know what components OP's using. Not that that changes the fact that the H500i (and NZXT's offerings in general it seems) are hotboxes.

Yeah basically any turbo boost on the CPU just makes the case way too hot. And without OC'ing anything. You can tell there's minimal airflow just by hand (?). I'm no expert so I don't claim to know much. For all I know the recommended cases might be worse, but i got this case 2 years ago and this was a problem since day 1. I'm sitll looking up the recommendations and checking which case to go with.

Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Mateyyy said:

be quiet's Pure Base 500DX is also a solid choice, to add to the ones mentioned previously, and it also comes in white.

 

You don't know what components OP's using. Not that that changes the fact that the H500i (and NZXT's offerings in general it seems) are hotboxes.

How can you seriously say the H500 is a hotbox when suggesting a case that literally blocks airflow for sound dampening 

 

I have a H200i which is a smaller case with less airflow and temps are fine, they were fine when I had my Vega 56 which isn't a cool card. 


Dirty Windows Peasants :P ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, PampaZiya said:

Yeah basically any turbo boost on the CPU just makes the case way too hot. And without OC'ing anything. You can tell there's minimal airflow just by hand (?). I'm no expert so I don't claim to know much. For all I know the recommended cases might be worse, but i got this case 2 years ago and this was a problem since day 1. I'm sitll looking up the recommendations and checking which case to go with.

Gamers Nexus includes thermal testing in their case reviews - in fact that's generally what they mainly focus on.

This video should come in handy, considering what you're after:

 

17 minutes ago, Lord Vile said:

How can you seriously say the H500 is a hotbox when suggesting a case that literally blocks airflow for sound dampening 

Huh?

Spoiler

d3c63b0b067a83ee51080a32fc0a4693.thumb.png.dc17ede8598ccc80d176471ac0beb76c.png

6_Pure_Base_500_DX_Black_wht.thumb.jpg.073554fe5d441d88977817506f78ac7e.jpg

 

 


Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB, 3200MHz 14-14-14-34 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13" (i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe)

Peripherals: Ducky Shine 7 (Cherry MX Brown) | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro Plus | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Displays: Alienware AW2521HF & BenQ BL2420PT

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Lord Vile said:

How can you seriously say the H500 is a hotbox when suggesting a case that literally blocks airflow for sound dampening  

You realize the DX is the airflow version, right?

be quiet! Introduces Pure Base 500DX PC Case | eTeknix


"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Project ITNOS --- P600S VS Define R6/S2

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX550M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

You realize the DX is the airflow version, right?

be quiet! Introduces Pure Base 500DX PC Case | eTeknix

which is barely better because it's still mainly a plastic front 


Dirty Windows Peasants :P ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Lord Vile said:

which is barely better because it's still mainly a plastic front 

Yup, they're basically the same. /s

5f14b50f995401b7f46f369bf0a85624.thumb.jpg.cc0c62392c6c6e45519732c748aef6b6.jpg


Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB, 3200MHz 14-14-14-34 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13" (i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe)

Peripherals: Ducky Shine 7 (Cherry MX Brown) | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro Plus | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Displays: Alienware AW2521HF & BenQ BL2420PT

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Lord Vile said:

which is barely better because it's still mainly a plastic front 

Nearly all mesh fronted cases are made of plastic to some extent????

It's been tested and performs as well as other airflow variants of cases that are typically recommended for high airflow on budget situations. Perhaps it's time to update your info

1 cpu torture only

3 gpu torture only

Quote

 The 500DX is competitive with other mesh-fronted cases near its price class like the [Mastercase] H500 Mesh, Fractal Meshify C, and P400A RGB, especially for customers that intend to make use of the three included stock fans rather than substituting their own. This is the first be quiet! case we’ve reviewed that has had any RGB effects beyond some basic strips around the panel edges, but they haven’t gone overboard--the ARGB lighting effects are well done without being obnoxious. It’s also a legitimately quiet case, regardless of whether that’s down to the noise-damping efforts or simply the low RPM of the stock fans.

https://www.gamersnexus.net/hwreviews/3575-be-quiet-pure-base-500dx-case-review-mesh-thermals-noise


"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Project ITNOS --- P600S VS Define R6/S2

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX550M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Mateyyy said:

Yup, they're basically the same. /s

5f14b50f995401b7f46f369bf0a85624.thumb.jpg.cc0c62392c6c6e45519732c748aef6b6.jpg

Because a torture test is a realistic workload...


Dirty Windows Peasants :P ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TVwazhere said:

Nearly all mesh fronted cases are made of plastic to some extent????

It's been tested and performs as well as other airflow variants of cases that are typically recommended for high airflow on budget situations. Perhaps it's time to update your info

1 cpu torture only

3 gpu torture only

https://www.gamersnexus.net/hwreviews/3575-be-quiet-pure-base-500dx-case-review-mesh-thermals-noise

Maybe you should try and get representative data vs an unrealistic workload.


Dirty Windows Peasants :P ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lord Vile said:

Because a torture test is a realistic workload...

 what does that have to do with the fact that the DX is a lot better in terms of airflow against the h510 and the pure base 500 (DX).


Wārudobītā

CPU: Ryzen 3 3100. Board: B550m TUF plus. Memory: 16 (2x8) 3200 cl16 Hyper x Fury RGB. GPU: Gigabyte Windforce 1650 super.  Boot Drive: MX500. Case: Antec NX500 (Quite crappy. :p) PSU: CX450. 

 

Hehe, Meshify c is a kewl case. 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TofuHaroto said:

 what does that have to do with the fact that the DX is a lot better in terms of airflow against the h510 and the pure base 500 (DX).

1200px-Forbidden-151987_svg.thumb.png.402b0b2f9b6232dfbebcc7ecbf873a96.png


Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB, 3200MHz 14-14-14-34 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13" (i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe)

Peripherals: Ducky Shine 7 (Cherry MX Brown) | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro Plus | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Displays: Alienware AW2521HF & BenQ BL2420PT

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

 what does that have to do with the fact that the DX is a lot better in terms of airflow against the h510 and the pure base 500 (DX).

Because it's not a realistic scenario? Also the H700i is only 4 degrees warmer with a completely closed off front panel. When you're not feeding a stupid and unrealistic amount of heat into a case the difference drops significantly. Because clearly we all run with the GPU and CPU pegged at 100% for ten minutes. Also under 60 for the GPU is perfectly fine 


Dirty Windows Peasants :P ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Lord Vile said:

Because it's not a realistic scenario? Also the H700i is only 4 degrees warmer with a completely closed off front panel. When you're not feeding a stupid amount of heat into a case the difference drops significantly. 

Now you're referencing a different case. Make your mind up.


Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB, 3200MHz 14-14-14-34 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13" (i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe)

Peripherals: Ducky Shine 7 (Cherry MX Brown) | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro Plus | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Displays: Alienware AW2521HF & BenQ BL2420PT

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Mateyyy said:

Now you're referencing a different case. Make your mind up.

My point was it's barely better than a case with a closed off front so it's clearly top tier at airflow right? 


Dirty Windows Peasants :P ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lord Vile said:

Also the H700i is only 4 degrees warmer with a completely closed off front panel.

That's... a bigger case. and is a completely different case.

1 hour ago, Lord Vile said:

Because it's not a realistic scenario?

Ok... let's say it is, if it was a normal "scenario" the 500DX will still perform better. 

 


Wārudobītā

CPU: Ryzen 3 3100. Board: B550m TUF plus. Memory: 16 (2x8) 3200 cl16 Hyper x Fury RGB. GPU: Gigabyte Windforce 1650 super.  Boot Drive: MX500. Case: Antec NX500 (Quite crappy. :p) PSU: CX450. 

 

Hehe, Meshify c is a kewl case. 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×