Motherboard didnt come with SSD standoff?

OnionRings
Go to solution Solved by minibois,
1 minute ago, OnionRings said:

Oh, maybe? Is it that 4th furthest hole? I was only looking st the first 3, didnt even see that 4th one until you asked and I double checked.

yep, that's it.

Unscrew it (with probably a smaller screwdriver, which you would also use for the M.2 SSD) and install it in the appropriate location (which is probably one further to the right, at 80mm).

I was not aware NVME SSDs didnt come with a standoff, I do not have one in my motherboard box, what do I do?

Please Quote me when replying.
CPU
 - Ryzen 7 5800X3D | RAM - 32GB DDR4 4000Mhz | MB - MSI B550 A-PRO | Boot - 2TB NVME 980 Evo Plus | GPU - EVGA FTW3 RTX 3090 24GB

Just now, OnionRings said:

I was not aware NVME SSDs didnt come with a standoff, I do not have one in my motherboard box, what do I do?

Are you sure the motherboard didn't come with a standoff pre-installed, perhaps just in the wrong location?

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

If you can’t find them preinstalled on the board or in the box, you could buy new ones. I had to do that after buying a used board that didn’t come with any, they are about $5-$10 for a set of them.

Just now, minibois said:

Are you sure the motherboard didn't come with a standoff pre-installed, perhaps just in the wrong location?

Oh, maybe? Is it that 4th furthest hole? I was only looking st the first 3, didnt even see that 4th one until you asked and I double checked.

16002889512054298596363934524771.jpg

CPU
 - Ryzen 7 5800X3D | RAM - 32GB DDR4 4000Mhz | MB - MSI B550 A-PRO | Boot - 2TB NVME 980 Evo Plus | GPU - EVGA FTW3 RTX 3090 24GB

1 minute ago, OnionRings said:

yep, that's it.

Unscrew it (with probably a smaller screwdriver, which you would also use for the M.2 SSD) and install it in the appropriate location (which is probably one further to the right, at 80mm).

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

You know what, my recent MSI B550 did not have them in the box either. I've bought some on amazon a while back so I was good. They are actually not a special type of screw. If you have a local tool shop that supplies businesses, they might have them or know where to get them if you don't want to order them or if you want them to be V2 stainless steel.

Just now, minibois said:

yep, that's it.

Yea it goes in the 3rd hole I checked that.

That was an uncomfortably tiny m.2 screw I thought I was gonna drop it and lose it.

PCs are so fucking cool though, you said unscrew the standoff and im sitting here wondering how because my standoff screw cap remover thing wont fit and then I see the pre cut phillips head lines IN the standoff like dude this tomohawk keeps amazing me more and more.

CPU