Laptop built in speakers - modifications

Go to solution Solved by 5x5,

Won't work. The connector won't be the same, the power needed to drive them won't be the same and the firmware won't recognize them most likely.

I would like to argue my laptop's stock speakers are bad quality.. I would like to switch them out for better ones - the objective is louder volume all compact inside the laptop for transportation.

Any leads would be helpful, thanks. 

I'm going to 'thicken' laptop to allow better airflow and possible battery upgrade. The new speakers could be a different size

20200804_064746.jpg

Won't work. The connector won't be the same, the power needed to drive them won't be the same and the firmware won't recognize them most likely.

All of those things you described can be solved easily by getting a better laptop. I have been there and done a shit ton of mods to my laptops and it all made it into a shitter laptop. 

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

4 minutes ago, Levent said:

All of those things you described can be solved easily by getting a better laptop. I have been there and done a shit ton of mods to my laptops and it all made it into a shitter laptop. 

Are you saying, you worked on something and made it worse?

Buy external speakers? The only way to replace those is to somehow find ones with the exact same wiring, exact same power requirements and exact same firmware that are somehow better. Which is to put it lightly not possible. Making your laptop thicker for better airflow is also just not a good idea. You won't like it but at this point just save up for a better laptop. Since it's a ddr3 laptop I assume it's older so plenty of used options out there that will do what you need for not a lot.

Good luck with that. Just get external speakers.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

Just now, INTPentropy said:

Are you saying, you worked on something and made it worse?

Yes, laptops are not that mod friendly. I have done it atleast 4 times and 3 of them were ended up with regret. 

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

2 minutes ago, Levent said:

Yes, laptops are not that mod friendly. I have done it atleast 4 times and 3 of them were ended up with regret. 

Well it depends on the mod, when I had my Elitebook 9470M it had a fucking terrible cooling system and got zero airflow through the fan. I took a dremel to the bottom of the case and cut a hole over the entire fan, put some mesh in there, and it dropped temps by 10-15C.

But I do agree, adding speakers? Not happening.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

1 minute ago, Levent said:

Yes, laptops are not that mod friendl I have done it atleast 4 times and 3 of them were ended up with regret. 

I've upgraded from 8gbs to 16gbs and 1tb to 500gb ssd - total cost $140. The laptop is a free handmedown with a i3-5010U (dual at 2.1).

I really like the idea of the 'toughbook' but would rather build my own. I'd like to practice fabricating case mods out of wood, lol.

It would be thickened with a sheet of plywood - router out paths for air pockets and parts.

15 minutes ago, Levent said:

Which was not with regret?

Despite I still love laptops, these things are nothing but headache and frustrations, especially cooling solutions.

DAC/AMPs:

Klipsch Heritage Headphone Amplifier

Headphones: Klipsch Heritage HP-3 Walnut, Meze 109 Pro, Beyerdynamic Amiron Home, Amiron Wireless Copper, Tygr 300R, DT880 600ohm Manufaktur, T90, Fidelio X2HR

CPU: Intel 4770, GPU: Asus RTX3080 TUF Gaming OC, Mobo: MSI Z87-G45, RAM: DDR3 16GB G.Skill, PC Case: Fractal Design R4 Black non-iglass, Monitor: BenQ GW2280

Just now, INTPentropy said:

I've upgraded from 8gbs to 16gbs and 1tb to 500gb ssd - total cost $140. The laptop is a free handmedown with a i3-5010U (dual at 2.1).

I really like the idea of the 'toughbook' but would rather build my own. I'd like to practice fabricating case mods out of wood, lol.

It would be thickened with a sheet of plywood - router out paths for air pockets and parts.

Case modding is best used for desktops. What you are trying to do is basically not going to happen and won't turn out as you expect. Those chassis are designed to support themselves so if you even remove one part the whole laptop becomes a flimsy mess. Older toughbooks can be had for cheap on ebay with better specs than that laptop.

59 minutes ago, CTR640 said:

Which was not with regret?

Despite I still love laptops, these things are nothing but headache and frustrations, especially cooling solutions.

Cutting a massive hole near the fan with a dremel.

33 minutes ago, Levent said:

Cutting a massive hole near the fan with a dremel.

Oof, that's too much.

I have the impression laptops like that are disposable waste. They're done on purpose so we have to buy a new one once it starts overheating.

Since I moved on to desktop, it stood the same since 2014 except the GPU upgrade and once each year I clean the pc and the temps are as it's build today.

DAC/AMPs:

Klipsch Heritage Headphone Amplifier

Headphones: Klipsch Heritage HP-3 Walnut, Meze 109 Pro, Beyerdynamic Amiron Home, Amiron Wireless Copper, Tygr 300R, DT880 600ohm Manufaktur, T90, Fidelio X2HR

CPU: Intel 4770, GPU: Asus RTX3080 TUF Gaming OC, Mobo: MSI Z87-G45, RAM: DDR3 16GB G.Skill, PC Case: Fractal Design R4 Black non-iglass, Monitor: BenQ GW2280