Where to Buy a New PC

Hey all! I am fairly new to PC gaming and was looking to buy a new gaming tower. Wondering where I should go to find the best deal? Would it be worth it to buy used? I am looking for something mid range with a I7 processor and a pretty decent graphics card. Let me know your thoughts. Thanks!

5 minutes ago, ScubaFishMan said:

Wondering where I should go to find the best deal?

By building it yourself. There are plenty of content explaining how to build one and it's fun. 

Would it be worth it to buy used?

Depends if your comfortable with the used market and budget. 

am looking for something mid range with a I7 processor and a pretty decent graphics card.

Am i7 doesn't say a whole lot. There's ipc count there's the imc there's the fpu and the chache layout  etc etc..

Let me know your thoughts. Thanks!

Budget ? Workload?

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

1 minute ago, gloop said:

Buy or build?

Budget, usecase and country?

Well i have never built a PC before is it pretty easy? My budget would be around $1,500 dollars and my country is the US

Just now, ScubaFishMan said:

Well i have never built a PC before is it pretty easy? My budget would be around $1,500 dollars and my country is the US

Have you ever played with Legos? Think of it as slightly harder, more expensive Legos.

Would you need a monitor, keyboard or mouse? Considering you have a high budget I'd suggest waiting until later this year when AMD releases Zen3 and nVidia releases Ampere.

Just now, TofuHaroto said:

By building it yourself. There are plenty of content explaining how to build one and it's fun. 

Depends if your comfortable with the used market and budget. 

Am i7 doesn't say a whole lot. There's ipc count there's the imc there's the fpu etc etc..

Budget ? Workload?

HI @TofuHaroto ! My budget for this PC would be $1,500. I was thinking about maybe trying to build my own. Would that be the cheapest route? I don't know much about computers is it pretty simple to do?

is it pretty simple to do?

Like what @gloop said. Pretty much expensive Lego ( building my own in a week or so ;) ). 

What's your workload as well? Can you wait for ampere and big Navi and zen 3. Which are right around the corner. 

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Build Log: 

2 minutes ago, gloop said:

Have you ever played with Legos? Think of it as slightly harder, more expensive Legos.

Would you need a monitor, keyboard or mouse? Considering you have a high budget I'd suggest waiting until later this year when AMD releases Zen3 and nVidia releases Ampere.

I already have a keyboard, monitor, and mouse and I was looking to buy this week so I don't think I can wait lol. For that budget what would be the best graphics card to use you think?

3 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

Like what @gloop said. Pretty much expensive Lego ( building my own in a week or so ;) ). 

What's your workload as well? Can you wait for ampere and big Navi and zen 3. Which are right around the corner. 

My workload I guess would be playing overwatch at 240 fps. Is that what you mean by that question? like I said I am new to all this. lol Also I was looking to buy something this week. Don't think I can wait for any releases. Are there some good options for me currently you think? @TofuHaroto

2 minutes ago, ScubaFishMan said:

I already have a keyboard, monitor, and mouse and I was looking to buy this week so I don't think I can wait lol. For that budget what would be the best graphics card to use you think?

If you are set on buying this week, this is what I'd suggest. Will handle gaming, streaming and content creation perfectly.

1 minute ago, gloop said:

Oh my this is exactly what I was looking for! Thanks @gloop for the help! 

I would maybe try to squeeze in a Ryzen 3700x, because new consoles are gonna have 8 core processors as well and games on the PC will most likely start using more cores. That should futureproof your machine nicely. Obviously the 3600 will be fine for many years, but the 2 extra cores + 4 threads will most definitely carry you for longer.

6 hours ago, ScubaFishMan said:

Oh my this is exactly what I was looking for! Thanks @gloop for the help! 

6 hours ago, gloop said:

@gloop One more question. Would you recommend a cpu cooler for this build or will it be fine without one?

1 minute ago, ScubaFishMan said:

@gloop One more question. Would you recommend a cpu cooler for this build or will it be fine without one?

You can use the stock cooler,but if you are sensitive to noise or want ot enable PBO I'd suggest picking one up. A bequiet! Dark Rock 4 would be a good fit.

3 hours ago, Stockholmes said:

I would maybe try to squeeze in a Ryzen 3700x, because new consoles are gonna have 8 core processors as well and games on the PC will most likely start using more cores. That should futureproof your machine nicely. Obviously the 3600 will be fine for many years, but the 2 extra cores + 4 threads will most definitely carry you for longer.

@Stockholmes Just to be sure for the build that @gloop shows. The Ryzen 3700x will fit with the mother board and all other parts?

11 hours ago, ScubaFishMan said:

@Stockholmes Just to be sure for the build that @gloop shows. The Ryzen 3700x will fit with the mother board and all other parts?

Yes, it will fit fine. 

7 hours ago, glennhl said:

Gloop suggested a fantastic build except trade out the Case for a Fractal Design Meshify C.  😀

If OP does end up going with the Meshify C, I'd also advise adding in two 140mm intakes in the front (Silent Wings 3 or NF-A14 would be my picks) as you really need them to get the most out of that case airflow-wise.

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

2 minutes ago, gloop said:

@TofuHaroto will like you. 

👀

Build Log: 

12 hours ago, glennhl said:

Gloop suggested a fantastic build except trade out the Case for a Fractal Design Meshify C.  😀

What's so good about this case? Just curious. :) @glennhl @TofuHaroto

What's so good about this case? Just curious. :) 

It's my favorite case. 

Only super special thing about it is the build quality. It's absolutely outstanding from what I have heard. And it's got good airflow. And I'm into minimalistic products. Like the mesh c. 

Build Log: 

2 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

It's my favorite case. 

Only super special thing about it is the build quality. It's absolutely outstanding from what I have heard. And it's got good airflow. And I'm into minimalistic products. Like the mesh c. 

Well shoot... I already bought the other case or else I would try this one out. :( @TofuHaroto

Well shoot... I already bought the other case

The p400a? That's an amazing case. It's just my opinion that the mesh c is amazing. Obviously it lets say both cases are good. It's subjective at that point. 

Build Log: 

7 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

The p400a? That's an amazing case. It's just my opinion that the mesh c is amazing. Obviously it lets say both cases are good. It's subjective at that point. 

i see you've finally made a logo. maybe the lines under your pfp can change now 😛

😕