All the b450 boards that support zen 2 out of the box

Go to solution Solved by minibois,
Just now, TofuHaroto said:

Does the gigabyte b450m support zen 2?

That's not a specific board.

But from my experience, all motherboards (including even A320) will support Ryzen 3000 at this point.

When the manufacturer makes a board, they will place a BIOS on it that supports all the latest CPU's.

So since July 2019, all boards manufactured will support Ryzen 3000.

Unless the store has a REALLY old board sitting around, all boards out now will support Ryzen 3000

Hi my question is which b450 boards support zen 2 out of the box not just the msi b450 tomahawk but every one of them if possible :)

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

Hi my question is which b450 boards support zen 2 out of the box not just the msi b450 tomahawk but every one of them if possible :)

MSI MAX boards, ASUS B450-F (Wouldn't recommend that one) will support for sure.

But unless a store has months and months old motherboards in stock, basically all boards are compatible out of the box.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

2 minutes ago, minibois said:

MSI MAX boards, ASUS B450-F (Wouldn't recommend that one) will support for sure.

But unless a store has months and months old motherboards in stock, basically all boards are compatible out of the box.

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Build Log: 

But from my experience, all motherboards (including even A320) will support Ryzen 3000 at this point.

When the manufacturer makes a board, they will place a BIOS on it that supports all the latest CPU's.

Unless the store has a REALLY old board sitting around, all boards out now will support Ryzen 3000

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

1 minute ago, minibois said:

Alright thank you so much for the help 

Build Log: 

Just now, minibois said:

A320 does not support Ryzen 3000 entirely. Unofficially yes they mostly do but AMD actually said they would not. I wouldn't rely on buying one and expecting it to work without researching the model first. 

Then again no one in the world should buy an A320 board over a used b350/b450 board... 

3 minutes ago, toasty99 said:

A320 does not support Ryzen 3000 entirely. Unofficially yes they mostly do but AMD actually said they would not. I wouldn't rely on buying one and expecting it to work without researching the model first. 

Then again no one in the world should buy an A320 board over a used b350/b450 board... 

I didn't suggest people should buy A320 boards, period.

It was just to show how widespread Ryzen 3000 support is at this point, that when new A320 boards are made they get BIOS versions that support Ryzen 3000.

the max board from MSI, but also the B450m/AC from ASrock, and DS3H wifi from gigabyte. which are two other boards with known guaranteed bios update. 

30 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

DS3H wifi from gigabyte

What about the one without the wifi chipset ?

Build Log: 

44 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

What about the one without the wifi chipset ?

nope, not guaranteed. the wifi board was launched later on. 

the DS3H isnt exactly a great board. id rather look at the Pro4 from ASrock over it. 

25 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

nope, not guaranteed. the wifi board was launched later on. 

the DS3H isnt exactly a great board. id rather look at the Pro4 from ASrock over it. 

Yea I saw that it's not the best but its vrms and capacitors layout is good enough for a person who isn't planning on ocing (like me)

And thank you do much for the help :)

Build Log: 

7 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

Yea I saw that it's not the best but its vrms and capacitors layout is good enough for a person who isn't planning on ocing (like me)

And thank you do much for the help :)

Well its more in the QC department that its pretty poor. Its VRM is ok for the price it usually goes for.