Is my CPU right for my socket?

A friend of mine wants to build a budget pc and I found a 2500k for a really good price. I offered him my old motherboard which is an intel DB75EN 1155 motherboard and I wanted to know if it is going to work with my mobo. I also heard that Sandy Bridge CPUS have PCI 2.0 Support and he is going to buy a 1650 SUPER from Gigabyte and I saw on a site that it won't be compatable. I just wanted to know for the compatability of my part selection for him. 

P.S I've never seen a motherboard have compatability issues with graphics cards but I may be wrong

Thanks in advance!!

1 minute ago, ItzUknown said:

A friend of mine wants to build a budget pc and I found a 2500k for a really good price. I offered him my old motherboard which is an intel DB75EN 1155 motherboard and I wanted to know if it is going to work with my mobo

Probably. Right socket and I don't see any reason for them to not have support in the bios.

2 minutes ago, ItzUknown said:

I also heard that Sandy Bridge CPUS have PCI 2.0 Support and he is going to buy a 1650 SUPER from Gigabyte and I saw on a site that it won't be compatable. I just wanted to know for the compatability of my part selection for him. 

It will work

PCIE is backwards and forwards compatible, meaning old cards can fit in new boards, old boards can support new cards. Of course at the slower of the two speeds, but it will be fine with this combo

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

The motherboard explicitly supports graphics via its PCIe X16 slot

https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/59043/intel-desktop-board-db75en.html

The graphics card will still work, it's backwards compatible with PCIe 2.0.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

4 minutes ago, minibois said:

Probably. Right socket and I don't see any reason for them to not have support in the bios.

It will work

PCIE is backwards and forwards compatible, meaning old cards can fit in new boards, old boards can support new cards. Of course at the slower of the two speeds, but it will be fine with this combo

The so the CPU wont have a problem right?

8 minutes ago, ItzUknown said:

The so the CPU wont have a problem right?

It shouldn't. The 2500k was one of the first processors released on that socket so it shouldn't even need a BIOS update (although that might not be a bad idea)

3 minutes ago, Grabhanem said:

It shouldn't. The 2500k was one of the first processors released on that socket so it shouldn't even need a BIOS update (although that might not be a bad idea)

I dont think it will have a problem because I ran a 3570 in my old pc with that motherboard

54 minutes ago, ItzUknown said:

I dont think it will have a problem because I ran a 3570 in my old pc with that motherboard

You gonna be fine with this. 2500k is unlocked cpu btw but on this board you not gonna be able to oc it, and usually K version is a bit more expensive cos of this feature, you may get some luck finding i7 2600 for similar price but is not unlocked and have 4 extra threads 

@Whiro tag or quote will do the trick 
i5 3570K @ 4.7Ghz  |  AsRock Fatal1ty Z77 Performance  |  Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600MHz  |  ASUS Strix GTX 970 OC  |  Phanteks P400S TG  (mesh panel) |  EVGA 500W1  |  Storage: Corsair 60GB SSD (boot), Gigabyte 120GB SSD, WD 2Tb HDD | Cooling: Custom loop

EKWB EK-XRES 140 Revo D5 RGB PWM

EKWB EK Supremacy Evo , naked die

EKWB EK Thermosphere 

EKWB EK CoolStream PE 360

EKWB EK Coolstream SE 120

EKWB EK Vardar 120s  x6

EKWB EK STC Classic 10/16  x10

EKWB EK DuraClear Tubing 16/10

EKWB EK CryoFuel Acid Green

Laptop: Gigabyte G5-KC | i5 10500H | RTX 3060

WHIRO

THE FIRST OF DEATH AND DARKNESS

He feast on the dead to inherit their power

4 minutes ago, Whiro said:

You gonna be fine with this. 2500k is unlocked cpu btw but on this board you not gonna be able to oc it, and usually K version is a bit more expensive cos of this feature, you may get some luck finding i7 2600 for similar price but is not unlocked and have 4 extra threads 

Will try to find but is the gpu compatability ok? I saw that the motherboard supports only up to 10 series but then 20 series on a site called pc specs, it did not mention 16 series support