Is there a capture card that can capture game in this way?

JustinBelieber

So basically I'm looking for a capture card that can capture games and redirect with very low latency and redirect the output back into the system through maybe usb or ethernet that I can capture the incoming data through software. Is there anything like this in the market?

Or is it possible to have an HDMI cable link to the graphics card and then capture the data from that to the OS and get it through a software?

I don't quite understand why you'd want a capture card for that. You can capture games directly via software without a capture card.

2 minutes ago, Medicate said:

I don't quite understand why you'd want a capture card for that. You can capture games directly via software without a capture card.

i'm not recording games, i'm gathering real-time data for machine learning.

6 minutes ago, JustinBelieber said:

i'm not recording games, i'm gathering real-time data for machine learning.

Then why did you say in your first sentence "So basically I'm looking for a capture card that can capture games..." ?

Slayerking92

<Type something witty here>
<Link to some pcpartpicker fantasy build and claim as my own>

1 minute ago, Slayerking92 said:

Then why did you say in your first sentence "So basically I'm looking for a capture card that can capture games..." ?

huh? cuz i need to extract data from somewhere? idk where you're getting at... but is there such a product?

16 minutes ago, JustinBelieber said:

huh? cuz i need to extract data from somewhere? idk where you're getting at... but is there such a product?

Basically any internal capture cared that has an hdmi or dp in will do what you want. Same with almost any not super cheap usb capture card.

5 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Basically any internal capture cared that has an hdmi or dp in will do what you want. Same with almost any not super cheap usb capture card.

i'm looking for 'low latency' ones, can you name one of those? and do they have the capabilities to be captured into memory or are they stored? if they're stored then that's missing the point of my hunt here.

4 hours ago, JustinBelieber said:

So basically I'm looking for a capture card that can capture games and redirect with very low latency and redirect the output back into the system through maybe usb or ethernet that I can capture the incoming data through software. Is there anything like this in the market?

Or is it possible to have an HDMI cable link to the graphics card and then capture the data from that to the OS and get it through a software?

First, why do you even need low latency for such thing? Recording everything then passing the recorded frames into your project should be enough, but I can't really talk much about it since you gave almost no information on what you're planning to do. Maybe have a look at this.

If you just want to capture frames in real time, the most you can do is usually 60fps, which gets sent into a framebuffer that you can read just like a webcam or any other live video stream. This reddit thread has some nice recommendations on capture cards that don't require drivers and whatnot.

FX6300 @ 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 R2 | Hyper 212x | 3x 8GB + 1x 4GB @ 1600MHz | Gigabyte 2060 Super | Corsair CX650M | LG 43UK6520PSA
ASUS X550LN | i5 4210u | 12GB
Lenovo N23 Yoga

It seems he wants to analyze screen contents in real time, but yes if you give no details you're not going to get very relevant answers.

OBS can capture the screen in real time all through software. It's open source as well, so you can modify it for your purposes or see how it does that to replicate it in your software.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

5 hours ago, igormp said:

First, why do you even need low latency for such thing? Recording everything then passing the recorded frames into your project should be enough, but I can't really talk much about it since you gave almost no information on what you're planning to do. Maybe have a look at this.

If you just want to capture frames in real time, the most you can do is usually 60fps, which gets sent into a framebuffer that you can read just like a webcam or any other live video stream. This reddit thread has some nice recommendations on capture cards that don't require drivers and whatnot.

looking to do machine learning, but i don't think that's necessary as i'm just looking for a hardware that can do what i ask, you dont really need to worry bout the rest. the link is to capture ps4 stuff, i'm talking about pc. anyways i'm still not seeing much answers to info of hardware i'm asking for. thanks for trying to help though.

20 hours ago, JustinBelieber said:

i'm just looking for a hardware that can do what i ask, you dont really need to worry bout the rest.

Except we do, this seems like a classic XY problem.

It seems you're asking about a way to do something that you think is what you need for your purpose, but the small amount of detail you mentioned suggests it isn't even the right way to go about for what you need to do. So it's normal for people to ask for more info.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

GPD Win 2

21 hours ago, JustinBelieber said:

looking to do machine learning, but i don't think that's necessary as i'm just looking for a hardware that can do what i ask, you dont really need to worry bout the rest. the link is to capture ps4 stuff, i'm talking about pc. anyways i'm still not seeing much answers to info of hardware i'm asking for. thanks for trying to help though.

You didn't specify what you were targeting before. As someone who actually works with ML, I can't see a reason to use a dedicated hardware to capture the screen since you can easily do so through software. You'll need to give a better explanation on what you want to do if you want some useful answer.

FX6300 @ 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 R2 | Hyper 212x | 3x 8GB + 1x 4GB @ 1600MHz | Gigabyte 2060 Super | Corsair CX650M | LG 43UK6520PSA
ASUS X550LN | i5 4210u | 12GB
Lenovo N23 Yoga

On 3/14/2020 at 2:44 PM, Kilrah said:

Except we do, this seems like a classic XY problem.

It seems you're asking about a way to do something that you think is what you need for your purpose, but the small amount of detail you mentioned suggests it isn't even the right way to go about for what you need to do. So it's normal for people to ask for more info.

that doesn't make any sense. whether its 'right' or not that's something up for debate, however this thread isn't about debating the right way. right now the thread is about finding if such a device actually exist in the first place regardless of what i'm trying to achieve personally. you're not really contributing anything useful in so far its kind of disappointing actually.

On 3/14/2020 at 3:22 PM, igormp said:

You didn't specify what you were targeting before. As someone who actually works with ML, I can't see a reason to use a dedicated hardware to capture the screen since you can easily do so through software. You'll need to give a better explanation on what you want to do if you want some useful answer.

lol again, idk how me doing ml is a pre-requisite in order for you to find this 'device' is justified. unless you can show me, i'm left with disappointing answers that are desperately grasping at thin air for some strange reasons... tbh its kind of funny xD if you're in ml and you can't find 'dedicated hardware' to capture screen? i don't think you're knowledgeable enough to answer this question. go read up on how latency works on software vs hardware level then come back. anyways, this is too funny xD i was looking for help and ran into pretentious people who are offend for some odd reason lol.

You said you wanted low latency. You'll never get as low a latency using any kind of hardware as when using software if you're doing both on the same machine.

F@H

GPD Win 2

1 minute ago, Kilrah said:

You said you wanted low latency. You'll never get as low a latency using any kind of hardware as using software if you're doing both on the same machine.

LOOOOOL.. im done, i love linus and watch his content but this is too funny. i need to go to a more knowledge-able and mature forum.

Good luck... BTW nobody on here has anything to do with Linus.

F@H

GPD Win 2

54 minutes ago, JustinBelieber said:

that doesn't make any sense. whether its 'right' or not that's something up for debate, however this thread isn't about debating the right way. right now the thread is about finding if such a device actually exist in the first place regardless of what i'm trying to achieve personally. you're not really contributing anything useful in so far its kind of disappointing actually.

Neither are you contributing anything useful for us to help you. It works both ways. I don't think anyone so far has figured out exactly what it is that you want, is it for a game? Is it for real-time machine learning? What is it. 

51 minutes ago, JustinBelieber said:

lol again, idk how me doing ml is a pre-requisite in order for you to find this 'device' is justified. unless you can show me, i'm left with disappointing answers that are desperately grasping at thin air for some strange reasons... tbh its kind of funny xD if you're in ml and you can't find 'dedicated hardware' to capture screen? i don't think you're knowledgeable enough to answer this question. go read up on how latency works on software vs hardware level then come back. anyways, this is too funny xD i was looking for help and ran into pretentious people who are offend for some odd reason lol.

Don't make fun of the people who are trying to help you, you will get no decent contributions or helpful answers if you are not willing to help yourself by providing us with more useful information. Your last sentence also describes you, not us. 

My Rig:

Xeon E5 1680 V2 @ 4.5GHz - Asus Rampage IV Extreme X79 Mobo - 64GB DDR3 1600MHz - 8 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Low Profile - CAS 10-10-10-27 - AMD Radeon RX 6700XT Sapphire Pulse 12GB - DeepCool E-Shield E-ATX Tempered Glass Case - 1 x 1TB Crucial P1 NVMe SSD - BeQuiet Straight Power 11 850W Gold+ Quad rail - Fractal Design Celsius S36 & 6 x 120mm silent fans - Lenovo KBBH21 - Corsair Glaive RGB Pro - Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit

Monitors - 3 x Acer Nitro 23.8" 1080p 75Hz IPS 1ms Freesync Panels = AMD Eyefinity @ 75Hz

1 hour ago, JustinBelieber said:

You definitely do not have a clue. Transferring the image from the GPU's framebuffer into system RAM has FAR lower latency than the image first going out through an HDMI- or DP-port, then being captured by a capture-card, decoded and transferred into system RAM. You will not be able to find a hardware capture-card that can break the laws of physics and therefore get lower latency than grabbing a copy of the framebuffer directly.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.