RDR2 performance

ZixteE
Go to solution Solved by Paul Rudd,
6 hours ago, ZixteE said:

What settings you would recommend?

Well, RDR2 happens to have a lot of individual graphic settings. So where you want to set them all to is up to the gamer. I personally recommend starting them all as low as they'll possibly go but keep Texture Quality and Anisotropic Filtering at Ultra since these two settings don't affect fps in a major way. Then what you're going to want to do is one of two things. You can research and develop your own personal lock for each graphic setting by testing what each one does to the game visually and how they affect fps and then choosing the one for your personal need. Or you can use the multiple guides on the internet that may have done this already for you and see what you can come up with.

Here are two videos for you to watch and jot down each graphic setting for your personal needs:

Bare in mind that results may vary since these videos were created over a month and a half ago and your hardware is different than that in which was tested. The game has also went through some changes. What this will do is give you a great starting point that you may want to tweak as time goes on.

Can i hit 60fps with my current hardware?

Set every single setting as low as they'll possibly go. Leave Texture Quality and Anisotropic Filtering at Ultra and x16 of course. Run a couple benchmarks and see what fps you are getting. This will give you an idea of the highest possible fps you're going to achieve in your resolution. Then just use the videos above to come up with choices for each graphic setting. While choosing, keep in mind what you care about more. How you want the game to look and how you want the game to perform. If you want the highest performance possible, you're going to have to make sacrifices somewhere. And vice versa for wanting the highest possible visual fidelity.

Understand that even while having some of the best hardware in the world, RDR2 is a late 2019 PC release and it is going to test the boundaries of your hardware. And with a 1050 ti and just 4GB of VRAM, you're going to have to keep your expectations at a minimum. It's fully capable of running the game so don't think it's a slouch.

You will need to add another 8GB of RAM though. You happen to have a pretty valuable RAM brand so you can do one of two things. Pay around $53.00 for a brand new stick to match it and since your RAM is HyperX Fury, overclock it to 2800 and see if you can achieve 2933(if your mobo allows higher RAM speed).

Or you can sell the 1 stick of 8GB RAM you have for that $53.00 mark minus around $5.00 to $15.00 since it is used and put that $38.00 to $53.00 towards a set of two 8GB sticks of a cheaper brand but at a higher RAM speed for around $54.00 to $64.00, depending on if you want your new RAM speed to be a good brand so you can overclock it.

Trust me when I tell you, upgrading RAM is one of the best things you can do for your PC without having to dish out a lot of money because people want used RAM all day long. Depending on the make and model of your motherboard, choosing the RAM for your PC should be with an idea of maxing out the RAM speed. The higher RAM speed you use, the better performance you're going to get. Especially with a Ryzen CPU. 2666 is an excellent speed so don't think it's going to limit you in a major way. Going higher is just going to give you a higher ceiling. Having a total of 16GB is a must in 2020 if you want stutter-free gaming in newer titles.

Hello I'm planning to buy Red Dead Redemption 2 but I'm wondering if my system unit can run it.
CPU: Ryzen 5 2600

GPU: Palit 1050ti Dual OC 4gb

RAM: 8gb Hyper X Fury 2666mhz

I want to play that on 1080p

Does someone here has the same build with mine? IF yes whats your settings and FPS? thanks !

Red dead redemption 2 is terrible on PC. It doesn't run well even with very high end systems.

According to this video, even at low you'll be getting about 40 FPS average.

20 minutes ago, DobertRownySr said:

Red dead redemption 2 is terrible on PC. It doesn't run well even with very high end systems.

Not true at all. In Fact, it runs way better than expected on many Systems.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

1 minute ago, DobertRownySr said:

I literally provided a video....

So its a terrible "port" because a lowend gpu cant run ultra in 4k hu? Makes Sense.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

Just now, Praesi said:

So its a terrible "port" because a lowend gpu cant run ultra in 4k hu? Makes Sense.

Are you just trying to find confrontation?

1) Yes it is a terrible port because my 2080Ti can't get 144 FPS at 1080p.
2) The post is asking how it would run on a 1050Ti.

2080ti SLI plays in 1080p. Rofl. 

You almost got me.

7 minutes ago, Praesi said:

2080ti SLI plays in 1080p. Rofl. 

You almost got me.

Are you a troll or something? Where do you see SLI?

Ryzen 2600 + GTX1050Ti

1366x768

1080p, 900p, 720p

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Everything as low as possible if you want 1080p... Yep my 1060 6gb laptop got wrecked

CPU: i7-2600K 4751MHz 1.44V (software) --> 1.47V at the back of the socket Motherboard: Asrock Z77 Extreme4 (BCLK: 103.3MHz) CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 RAM: Adata XPG 2x8GB DDR3 (XMP: 2133MHz 10-11-11-30 CR2, custom: 2203MHz 10-11-10-26 CR1 tRFC:230 tREFI:14000) GPU: Asus GTX 1070 Dual (Super Jetstream vbios, +70(2025-2088MHz)/+400(8.8Gbps)) SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256GB (main boot drive), Transcend SSD370 128GB PSU: Seasonic X-660 80+ Gold Case: Antec P110 Silent, 5 intakes 1 exhaust Monitor: AOC G2460PF 1080p 144Hz (150Hz max w/ DP, 121Hz max w/ HDMI) TN panel Keyboard: Logitech G610 Orion (Cherry MX Blue) with SteelSeries Apex M260 keycaps Mouse: BenQ Zowie FK1

Model: HP Omen 17 17-an110ca CPU: i7-8750H (0.125V core & cache, 50mV SA undervolt) GPU: GTX 1060 6GB Mobile (+80/+450, 1650MHz~1750MHz 0.78V~0.85V) RAM: 8+8GB DDR4-2400 18-17-17-39 2T Storage: HP EX920 1TB PCIe x4 M.2 SSD + Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA SSD, 128GB Toshiba PCIe x2 M.2 SSD (KBG30ZMV128G) gone cooking externally, 1TB Seagate 7200RPM 2.5" HDD (ST1000LM049-2GH172) left outside Monitor: 1080p 126Hz IPS G-sync

Desktop benching:

Cinebench R15 Single thread:168 Multi-thread: 833 

SuperPi (v1.5 from Techpowerup, PI value output) 16K: 0.100s 1M: 8.255s 32M: 7m 45.93s

On 12/22/2019 at 7:30 PM, DobertRownySr said:

That video is from over a month and a half ago on the games release date. It has since went through multiple changes. You also gotta remember that when recording with an i5 in a late 2019 PC game, it's going to hit performance. They're also using DDR4-2133 speed RAM, which is not going to maximize performance when compared to using higher speed RAM. Using DDR4-3000 or above might get a good 15-25 more fps(depending on the area you are in). Possibly more fps the higher RAM speed you go.

On 12/22/2019 at 7:26 PM, ZixteE said:

Hello I'm planning to buy Red Dead Redemption 2 but I'm wondering if my system unit can run it.

Yup, it can run it just fine.

On 12/22/2019 at 7:26 PM, ZixteE said:

I recommend adding another 8GB of RAM to help with not only stability, but pesky stutters that you might experience with just 8GB of RAM total.

On 12/25/2019 at 10:55 AM, Intransigent said:

I recommend adding another 8GB of RAM to help with not only stability, but pesky stutters that you might experience with just 8GB of RAM total.

What settings you would recommend? Can i hit 60fps with my current hardware?

What settings you would recommend?

Well, RDR2 happens to have a lot of individual graphic settings. So where you want to set them all to is up to the gamer. I personally recommend starting them all as low as they'll possibly go but keep Texture Quality and Anisotropic Filtering at Ultra since these two settings don't affect fps in a major way. Then what you're going to want to do is one of two things. You can research and develop your own personal lock for each graphic setting by testing what each one does to the game visually and how they affect fps and then choosing the one for your personal need. Or you can use the multiple guides on the internet that may have done this already for you and see what you can come up with.

Here are two videos for you to watch and jot down each graphic setting for your personal needs:

Bare in mind that results may vary since these videos were created over a month and a half ago and your hardware is different than that in which was tested. The game has also went through some changes. What this will do is give you a great starting point that you may want to tweak as time goes on.

Can i hit 60fps with my current hardware?

Set every single setting as low as they'll possibly go. Leave Texture Quality and Anisotropic Filtering at Ultra and x16 of course. Run a couple benchmarks and see what fps you are getting. This will give you an idea of the highest possible fps you're going to achieve in your resolution. Then just use the videos above to come up with choices for each graphic setting. While choosing, keep in mind what you care about more. How you want the game to look and how you want the game to perform. If you want the highest performance possible, you're going to have to make sacrifices somewhere. And vice versa for wanting the highest possible visual fidelity.

Understand that even while having some of the best hardware in the world, RDR2 is a late 2019 PC release and it is going to test the boundaries of your hardware. And with a 1050 ti and just 4GB of VRAM, you're going to have to keep your expectations at a minimum. It's fully capable of running the game so don't think it's a slouch.

You will need to add another 8GB of RAM though. You happen to have a pretty valuable RAM brand so you can do one of two things. Pay around $53.00 for a brand new stick to match it and since your RAM is HyperX Fury, overclock it to 2800 and see if you can achieve 2933(if your mobo allows higher RAM speed).

Or you can sell the 1 stick of 8GB RAM you have for that $53.00 mark minus around $5.00 to $15.00 since it is used and put that $38.00 to $53.00 towards a set of two 8GB sticks of a cheaper brand but at a higher RAM speed for around $54.00 to $64.00, depending on if you want your new RAM speed to be a good brand so you can overclock it.

Trust me when I tell you, upgrading RAM is one of the best things you can do for your PC without having to dish out a lot of money because people want used RAM all day long. Depending on the make and model of your motherboard, choosing the RAM for your PC should be with an idea of maxing out the RAM speed. The higher RAM speed you use, the better performance you're going to get. Especially with a Ryzen CPU. 2666 is an excellent speed so don't think it's going to limit you in a major way. Going higher is just going to give you a higher ceiling. Having a total of 16GB is a must in 2020 if you want stutter-free gaming in newer titles.

On 12/26/2019 at 8:28 PM, Intransigent said:

but keep Texture Quality and Anisotropic Filtering at Ultra since these two settings don't affect fps

I thought it will affect fps if I maxed these two but now I know thank you! for this

37 minutes ago, ZixteE said:

I thought it will affect fps if I maxed these two but now I know thank you! for this

It does affect fps, just not a lot. Just 3% fps difference between Ultra and High Texture Quality and 3% fps difference between x16 and OFF Anisotropic Filtering.

Be sure to keep an eye on your VRAM usage while gaming. If it nears the 3.9 to 4 GB threshold, you may need to bump down Texture Quality to High as Ultra does use a LOT of VRAM.

Whatever you do, don't use Medium or Low Texture Quality as that will downgrade visuals big time.

6 minutes ago, Intransigent said:

Whatever you do, don't use Medium or Low Texture Quality as that will downgrade visuals big time.

Currently I'm using High texture mixed with low and medium settings and my fps is like 30 to 35 but on heavy snow it drops to 28fps. My Anisotropic Filtering is like 2nd to he lowest if I'm not mistaken.

1 hour ago, ZixteE said:

Currently I'm using High texture mixed with low and medium settings and my fps is like 30 to 35 but on heavy snow it drops to 28fps. My Anisotropic Filtering is like 2nd to he lowest if I'm not mistaken.

30 to 35 fps is excellent with your hardware. What is your VRAM usage at while gaming? It's fine to max out Anisotropic Filtering. 3% of 30 fps is 1 fps.

If snow hits performance, try tweaking settings that have to do with Particles.

1 hour ago, Intransigent said:

What is your VRAM usage at while gaming?

On On Screen Display gpu usage is 99% with 66 to 67 maxed temp. The vram usage during tweaking the game setting is 3.4gb to 3.6gb I think

59 minutes ago, ZixteE said:

On On Screen Display gpu usage is 99% with 66 to 67 maxed temp. The vram usage during tweaking the game setting is 3.4gb to 3.6gb I think

Excellent. You have around 400 to 600 MB's of free VRAM. You can try Ultra Texture Quality and play the game a good 10-15 minutes. Jot down just how high your VRAM usage gets. If it remains below 4GB, then you should be set to use Ultra Texture Quality.

On 12/23/2019 at 5:56 AM, ZixteE said:

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600

GPU: Palit 1050ti Dual OC 4gb

I want to play that on 1080p

Does someone here has the same build with mine? IF yes whats your settings and FPS? thanks !

It runs perfectly on i52400 8gb 1650

35 fps on city

45 to 55 outside

1080p

Medium settings

Ultra texture

On 12/25/2019 at 8:25 AM, Intransigent said:

I think 8 is enough. I dont experience stutter in 8 gb

5 hours ago, Dinesh1 said:

Glad to hear that you're not stuttering. 8GB can suffice because you're not playing on higher graphic settings. Which is a good thing. However, when you play the game using higher graphic settings and playing in Red Dead Online is where I'd imagine more RAM will be needed.

13 hours ago, Dinesh1 said:

Yea me too, I'm using 6.x gb while playinh rdr2 and chrome running at background