RDR2 performance

ZixteE
Go to solution Solved by Paul Rudd,
6 hours ago, ZixteE said:

What settings you would recommend?

Well, RDR2 happens to have a lot of individual graphic settings. So where you want to set them all to is up to the gamer. I personally recommend starting them all as low as they'll possibly go but keep Texture Quality and Anisotropic Filtering at Ultra since these two settings don't affect fps in a major way. Then what you're going to want to do is one of two things. You can research and develop your own personal lock for each graphic setting by testing what each one does to the game visually and how they affect fps and then choosing the one for your personal need. Or you can use the multiple guides on the internet that may have done this already for you and see what you can come up with.

Here are two videos for you to watch and jot down each graphic setting for your personal needs:

Bare in mind that results may vary since these videos were created over a month and a half ago and your hardware is different than that in which was tested. The game has also went through some changes. What this will do is give you a great starting point that you may want to tweak as time goes on.

6 hours ago, ZixteE said:

Can i hit 60fps with my current hardware?

Set every single setting as low as they'll possibly go. Leave Texture Quality and Anisotropic Filtering at Ultra and x16 of course. Run a couple benchmarks and see what fps you are getting. This will give you an idea of the highest possible fps you're going to achieve in your resolution. Then just use the videos above to come up with choices for each graphic setting. While choosing, keep in mind what you care about more. How you want the game to look and how you want the game to perform. If you want the highest performance possible, you're going to have to make sacrifices somewhere. And vice versa for wanting the highest possible visual fidelity.

Understand that even while having some of the best hardware in the world, RDR2 is a late 2019 PC release and it is going to test the boundaries of your hardware. And with a 1050 ti and just 4GB of VRAM, you're going to have to keep your expectations at a minimum. It's fully capable of running the game so don't think it's a slouch.

You will need to add another 8GB of RAM though. You happen to have a pretty valuable RAM brand so you can do one of two things. Pay around $53.00 for a brand new stick to match it and since your RAM is HyperX Fury, overclock it to 2800 and see if you can achieve 2933(if your mobo allows higher RAM speed).

Or you can sell the 1 stick of 8GB RAM you have for that $53.00 mark minus around $5.00 to $15.00 since it is used and put that $38.00 to $53.00 towards a set of two 8GB sticks of a cheaper brand but at a higher RAM speed for around $54.00 to $64.00, depending on if you want your new RAM speed to be a good brand so you can overclock it.

Trust me when I tell you, upgrading RAM is one of the best things you can do for your PC without having to dish out a lot of money because people want used RAM all day long. Depending on the make and model of your motherboard, choosing the RAM for your PC should be with an idea of maxing out the RAM speed. The higher RAM speed you use, the better performance you're going to get. Especially with a Ryzen CPU. 2666 is an excellent speed so don't think it's going to limit you in a major way. Going higher is just going to give you a higher ceiling. Having a total of 16GB is a must in 2020 if you want stutter-free gaming in newer titles.

10 hours ago, Intransigent said:

Glad to hear that you're not stuttering. 8GB can suffice because you're not playing on higher graphic settings. Which is a good thing. However, when you play the game using higher graphic settings and playing in Red Dead Online is where I'd imagine more RAM will be needed.

Same for online no extra needed

1 hour ago, Dinesh1 said:

Same for online no extra needed

Because you're not using higher graphic settings. You could try going to different parts of the world as well. Some areas use well above 10GB of RAM.

Are you sure you're checking your RAM usage?

4 hours ago, Intransigent said:

Because you're not using higher graphic settings. You could try going to different parts of the world as well. Some areas use well above 10GB of RAM.

Are you sure you're checking your RAM usage?

Only at med.

High gives low fps

5 hours ago, Dinesh1 said:

Only at med. High gives low fps

I'm referring to RAM only. I know higher settings give you lower fps. I'm asking what your RAM usage is.

1 hour ago, Intransigent said:

I'm referring to RAM only. I know higher settings give you lower fps. I'm asking what your RAM usage is.

at med 1080p 6.5gb max at all places.

At high sometimes i get freezes

54 minutes ago, Dinesh1 said:

at med 1080p 6.5gb max at all places. At high sometimes i get freezes

When you play on High, I'd think those freezes could be as a result of using just 8GB of RAM. Not sure though. Could be high VRAM usage. A good way to test is to play on High and check what both your RAM and VRAM usage is doing.

When you play on High, I'd think those freezes could be as a result of using just 8GB of RAM. Not sure though. Could be high VRAM usage. A good way to test is to play on High and check what both your RAM and VRAM usage is doing.

high ram

6 hours ago, Dinesh1 said:

7gb plus it starts stuter

Exactly. Add more RAM and it won't stutter. RAM is relatively cheap to buy and easy to sell both new and used. It's a breeze to sell the RAM you have to upgrade to 16GB. What is the brand and speed of your current RAM? And the make and model of your motherboard? I can't remember them both.

Exactly. Add more RAM and it won't stutter. RAM is relatively cheap to buy and easy to sell both new and used. It's a breeze to sell the RAM you have to upgrade to 16GB. What is the brand and speed of your current RAM? And the make and model of your motherboard? I can't remember them both.

My board doesnt support more than 8gb

Intel dh61ww

Only 4gb ×2

Its ok for me.

Btw Online of rdr is garbage

I stopped playing red dead

26 minutes ago, Dinesh1 said:

My board doesnt support more than 8gb Intel dh61ww Only 4gb ×2 Its ok for me.

This website shows that your board supports up to 16GB... DH61WW.

What is the speed of your RAM? DDR3-????

What is the brand of your RAM? Patriot? Corsair? G.Skill? Etc, etc.

30 minutes ago, Dinesh1 said:

Btw Online of rdr is garbage I stopped playing red dead

I heard that Read Dead Online is garbage a long time ago. One of the reasons I still haven't bought the game. I figure the game itself is worth $20 to $30 and online should be the same. And since it's not, I'm not gonna pay but around $5 to $10 for online. So I figure the game is worth $25 to $40, tops. I bought GTA 5 for $30 three years ago and it's been beyond worth that price even while it's now priced at $10. So my goal is to pay less for RDR2 since I know it'll never live up to GTA 5.

4 hours ago, Intransigent said:

This website shows that your board supports up to 16GB... DH61WW.

What is the speed of your RAM? DDR3-????

What is the brand of your RAM? Patriot? Corsair? G.Skill? Etc, etc.

I heard that Read Dead Online is garbage a long time ago. One of the reasons I still haven't bought the game. I figure the game itself is worth $20 to $30 and online should be the same. And since it's not, I'm not gonna pay but around $5 to $10 for online. So I figure the game is worth $25 to $40, tops. I bought GTA 5 for $30 three years ago and it's been beyond worth that price even while it's now priced at $10. So my goal is to pay less for RDR2 since I know it'll never live up to GTA 5.

If i known before i would have download for free from crack sites. Like i do for other games

I bought only for online. Now i purchased two games rd and gta

Ddr3 1333mhz. Transcend

i don't need more ram now

I will buy new cpu plus ram when gta6 comes

9 hours ago, Dinesh1 said:

Ddr3 1333mhz. Transcend i don't need more ram now

Well as long as you're not playing on higher graphic settings and your RAM usage is not hitting 7.8-7.9 GB, then sure, you won't need more RAM. But the day you do bump up graphic settings and near that 7.8-7.9 GB threshold is the day you'll need more RAM.

9 hours ago, Dinesh1 said:

I will buy new cpu plus ram when gta6 comes

GTA 6 may not release until 2022. And that's just a rumor. Could be even later than that.

Well as long as you're not playing on higher graphic settings and your RAM usage is not hitting 7.8-7.9 GB, then sure, you won't need more RAM. But the day you do bump up graphic settings and near that 7.8-7.9 GB threshold is the day you'll need more RAM.

GTA 6 may not release until 2022. And that's just a rumor. Could be even later than that.

Many youtubers say gta6 release with ps5 this year.