[EOL] PSU Tier List rev. 14.8

LukeSavenije
Message added by Spotty

For help choosing a power supply please Create a New Thread asking for assistance including your budget and system hardware to receive the best answers relevant to your specific needs.

I was click at the name to see the PSU now there's nothing

Edited by Spotty
Removed quote.

2 hours ago, CometLake said:

Thank you guys. So is it correct to say the "Seasonic SSR-650FM" is the older version? Pre January 2018, that can show issues with 2080 Ti GPUs.

Something confussing is New Egg. They show the GM and SSR as the same PSU:

Newegg probably is re-using the listing for the FX (FM) series and didn't change the model number. As you can see in the picture and the info in the listing, it's the GM which is the newer version.

MAIN PC:

CPU: Intel® Core™ i9-9900K Processor  Motherboard: Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro Wifi  CPU Cooler: Scythe Fuma 2  GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra  RAM: Corsair Vengeance 32GB (4x8GB) 3000Mhz CL15

Case: CoolerMaster TD500 Mesh PSU: Thermaltake GF1 PE 750w Storage: 1TB Western Digital Blue 3D + 1TB Crucial P1 + 1TB ADATA XPG Gammix S11 Pro + 4TB Seagate Barracuda 5400RPM OS: Windows 10 Home

Headphones: Philips SHP9500s   Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 Cherry MX Red  Displays: Gigabyte M27Q (27" 1440p 170hz IPS), Samsung UN32EH4003FXZA (32" 768p 60hz TV)

SECONDARY PC:

CPU: Intel® Core™ i3-9100F Processor  Motherboard: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4-CB  CPU Cooler: Arctic Alpine 12 CO  GPU: EVGA RTX 3060 XC RAM: ADATA XPG 16GB (2x8GB) 2400Mhz CL16

Case: CyberpowerPC Onyxia  PSU: ATNG ATA-B 800w 80 Plus Bronze  Storage: 500GB Samsung 850 EVO + 2TB Seagate FireCuda SSHD 5400RPM    OS: Windows 10 Home

Former parts that I've used: Acer XG270HU, Asus Dual OC 2080, Gigabyte Aorus Master 3080, Gigabyte Gaming OC 3080, EVGA XC3 Ultra 3080, EVGA FTW3 Ultra 3080 Ti

1 hour ago, Sudok said:

hello! thanks for your list :)

I wanna buy the incoming 3080, do you guys think I need to change my Bitfenix formula gold 550w?

I never did OC and I have a ryzen 3600

Depends on how much wattage the 3080 uses, which we don't know yet. If it's similar to the 2080/2080S power consumption, you should be fine.

16 minutes ago, Hisham Qattariah said:

I was click at the name to see the PSU now there's nothing

First off, don't quote the whole list. It wastes so much space for no reason. Second off, they recently did an overhaul on how the list is structured and removed all the PCPP links. You'll just have to look them up manually.

MAIN PC:

CPU: Intel® Core™ i9-9900K Processor  Motherboard: Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro Wifi  CPU Cooler: Scythe Fuma 2  GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra  RAM: Corsair Vengeance 32GB (4x8GB) 3000Mhz CL15

Case: CoolerMaster TD500 Mesh PSU: Thermaltake GF1 PE 750w Storage: 1TB Western Digital Blue 3D + 1TB Crucial P1 + 1TB ADATA XPG Gammix S11 Pro + 4TB Seagate Barracuda 5400RPM OS: Windows 10 Home

Headphones: Philips SHP9500s   Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 Cherry MX Red  Displays: Gigabyte M27Q (27" 1440p 170hz IPS), Samsung UN32EH4003FXZA (32" 768p 60hz TV)

SECONDARY PC:

CPU: Intel® Core™ i3-9100F Processor  Motherboard: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4-CB  CPU Cooler: Arctic Alpine 12 CO  GPU: EVGA RTX 3060 XC RAM: ADATA XPG 16GB (2x8GB) 2400Mhz CL16

Case: CyberpowerPC Onyxia  PSU: ATNG ATA-B 800w 80 Plus Bronze  Storage: 500GB Samsung 850 EVO + 2TB Seagate FireCuda SSHD 5400RPM    OS: Windows 10 Home

Former parts that I've used: Acer XG270HU, Asus Dual OC 2080, Gigabyte Aorus Master 3080, Gigabyte Gaming OC 3080, EVGA XC3 Ultra 3080, EVGA FTW3 Ultra 3080 Ti

1 minute ago, MrBrightSyde said:

whole list

Sorry i'm new here.

And thanks for replay

Edited by Hisham Qattariah

Corsair RM750x Gold.

can't find it on the list

Anything i've written between the * and * is not meant to be taken seriously.

keep in mind that helping with problems is hard if you aren't specific and detailed.

i'm also not a professional, (yet) so make sure to personally verify important information as i could be wrong.

2 minutes ago, flashiling said:

Corsair RM750x Gold.

can't find it on the list

Screenshot (117)_LI.jpg

MAIN PC:

SECONDARY PC:

-snip-

oh, stupid me.

ty @MrBrightSyde

Anything i've written between the * and * is not meant to be taken seriously.

keep in mind that helping with problems is hard if you aren't specific and detailed.

i'm also not a professional, (yet) so make sure to personally verify important information as i could be wrong.

Sharkoon | Silentstorm Cool Zero

I am a bit set on this one, but there are 0 reviews on it, and it's sort of an unknown brand. Should I go for it, based on its "A" tier, or wait for something better?

For reference, it costs 30% less than a feature similar, RM 850W Gold Corsair PSU, which is probably the only other PSU brand that I can opt for.

9 hours ago, Leo15 said:

I am a bit set on this one, but there are 0 reviews on it, and it's sort of an unknown brand. Should I go for it, based on its "A" tier, or wait for something better?

couple things for context

Sharkoon = Alternate (German retailer), you can check this for yourself if you want, the adress of Sharkoon and an Alternate outlet is the same

there are now reviews in the sheet... somehow these weren't there yet. the unit is made by highpower, specifically on the  #810 platform. this is also used on Toughpower Grand RGB Gold Sync, In Win Premium Basic and Powerspec PSX-GFM

5 hours ago, LukeSavenije said:

there are now reviews in the sheet... somehow these weren't there yet.

Sorry, where are the reviews? I didn't see them

Are multi rails PSU really cheaper than single rail? Or it is only in my country (Indonesia).

For example, a deepcool dq650m or enermax ERF650AWT is around the same price, $95. But Corsair RM550x is $15-20 more expensive, so does Seasonic GX series and other tier A list gold PSU.

1 hour ago, Milanizer said:

Are multi rails PSU really cheaper than single rail? Or it is only in my country (Indonesia).

it's by coincidence, because, even if with a small difference multirail units are actually more expensive to produce

1 hour ago, LukeSavenije said:

it's by coincidence, because, even if with a small difference multirail units are actually more expensive to produce

So it is a safe choice right? Between those two,which one better? Or should i stick with seasonic GM-550 or Corsair RM550x?

My build plan:

ryzen 5 3600
b550 a-pro

rtx 2070 gaming z (used)

team dark za 16gb 3600mhz

sx8200 pro 512gb

seagate barracuda 1tb

https://www.vortez.net/news_story/msi_announces_mpg_gf_series_power_supply_units.html
Is this new? or OEM design? What's up with the 12 pin adapter that comes with this? @LukeSavenije

As a wise master once said, 

Put as much effort into your question as you would expect a stranger to add to their answer!

Desktop: AMD Ryzen 5 3800XT | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Ultra | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB 4000Mhz CL18 | MSI RX 5700 XT Gaming X | Two WD Black SN750 1TB NVMe SSD | Corsair AX850 Titanium | Fractal Design Define 7 White, Solid

Laptop: Apple Macbook Pro 16 | i9 9980H | 16 GB RAM |  1TB SSD | AppleCare+ | Space Grey

Peripherals: RAMA U-80 Lake | Logitech MX Master 3 | Kanto YU2 White + Beyerdynamic DT 177X GO 

Displays: LG GX 55"| Acer XB273K | Dell Ultrasharp U2720Q | LG 32UN650-W 

Yo guys, I bought my riotoro enigma g2 about a week ago and I wanted to ask something. So apparently y'all are saying any unit from 2018 is safe? I thought the general consensus was that v1 and v2 of FX units were both unsafe w/ high transient gpus, no? Anyway my unit is from april of 2018(judging by the serial code which most likely indicates the date, other pictures of the code shows the date for other ppl too as ive researched so im pretty sure im correct in my assumption), that means its good, right?

1 hour ago, WLPixel said:

Yo guys, I bought my riotoro enigma g2 about a week ago and I wanted to ask something. So apparently y'all are saying any unit from 2018 is safe?

tldr:

fx v1: shuts down on high transients (vega, 2080 ti, 1080 ti and 970 have been reported)

fx v2: doesn't have these issues anymore, but is still sold under the old name

gx v3: sold under a different name and doesn't have the issues anymore

since seasonic now only reportedly makes the gx, your chances on getting v2 or v1 is getting more and more slim. but even if you end up with v1, it's no issue if you don't have a gpu like the one mentioned above

26 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

if you don't have a gpu like the one mentioned above

Or one can even optimize the gpu via undervolting, which is recommended anyway, in order to reduce noise and heat levels , as well as keeping power consumption in check

Life is really challenging. I don't always suceed: )

Hello everyone, I need help choosing a PSU for my build.

I created a separate thread but it got lost apparently as I got no answers (https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1239276-need-help-choosing-a-psu-budget-rig-ru/?tab=comments#) 

Sorry if that's against any rules, I can remove the link if needed and just post the question here. 

@Vishera We don't have any reviews or even just internal shots of 80+ Bronze rated NOX Urano VX but from what i see it's still the same group regulated platform as in Green Power certified version. But you can help yourself by providing some shots through the exhaust and fan grilles (preferably with diffused or multi-source lighting so there would be less shadows).

Tag or quote me so i see your reply

1 hour ago, Juular said:

@Vishera We don't have any reviews or even just internal shots of 80+ Bronze rated NOX Urano VX but from what i see it's still the same group regulated platform as in Green Power certified version. But you can help yourself by providing some shots through the exhaust and fan grilles (preferably with diffused or multi-source lighting so there would be less shadows).

I just found this in jonnyGURU's forums:

hkrhsYr.jpg

It matches what i see from the grill of the power supply and above the fan.

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566

Quick question: why is the Straight Power 11 Gold is colored in the list as a better PSU, than the Platinum one?

13 hours ago, Vishera said:

I just found this in jonnyGURU's forums:

It matches what i see from the grill of the power supply and above the fan.

Shrek powered group regulated platform lol. Well, we could split off 80+ Bronze version of it to tier D but i really don't see how that would help anyone.

Tag or quote me so i see your reply

On 8/28/2020 at 10:57 AM, LukeSavenije said:

tldr:

fx v1: shuts down on high transients (vega, 2080 ti, 1080 ti and 970 have been reported)

fx v2: doesn't have these issues anymore, but is still sold under the old name

gx v3: sold under a different name and doesn't have the issues anymore

since seasonic now only reportedly makes the gx, your chances on getting v2 or v1 is getting more and more slim. but even if you end up with v1, it's no issue if you don't have a gpu like the one mentioned above

My unit is from April 2018(as seen in the serial code on the psu, after doing some research and checking other pictures of the psu im 100% sure this means the date, also has the big bulky things in the cable which supports the fact that its a focus +)
Which makes it FX V2, yes?