People calling 24" ""budget"" is a huge issue.

cafe

I kinda understand what you are saying here, I have a 35 inch ultrawide right now because I thought it would be cool, and it is except I get bad motion sickness while playing any kinda game thats not rts. I need to sell it and buy smaller but im having a hard time finding a smaller monitor that makes me happy

7 minutes ago, Ravendarat said:

I kinda understand what you are saying here, I have a 35 inch ultrawide right now because I thought it would be cool, and it is except I get bad motion sickness while playing any kinda game thats not rts. I need to sell it and buy smaller but im having a hard time finding a smaller monitor that makes me happy

It's possible that's just due to incorrectly set FOV.  An annoyingly large number of games come set too low, as if they're still assuming a couch gaming setup like the console version, and worse yet, many don't even have an official (or any) way to change it.  If you can though, try turning it up.  The right number will depend on your setup, but I tend to like at least 80 if not 90.  Something like 65 is totally unplayable to me.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

18 minutes ago, Vishera said:

Have you ever tried a smaller monitor like a 21" before you got to that conclusion?

I don't have to have used something smaller.

I have used 24" and I can live with it, but I want something larger.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking

4 minutes ago, Mihle said:

i think that person is saying, you might like it

and you might

you dont know

If I had one wish, I would ask for a big enough ass for the whole world to kiss

Just now, Mihle said:

Have you tried something bigger?..

There is nothing like the hands on experience,you can try monitors in different sizes in the store.

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566

Just now, Vishera said:

Have you tried something bigger?..

There is nothing like the hands on experience,you can try monitors in different sizes in the store.

No, but I sometimes wish it was larger, so.... (Well, si have seen 27", but not used more than two mins)

The only question is 27" or 32" I am leaning towards 27" rn but don't know what to get yet.

It's all just personal opinion.

And store does not have anything larger than 27" and those are shit quality.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 

-Stephen Hawking

well ((why)) do you wish it was larger.

search pcpartpicker and buy online tho

5 minutes ago, RelativeMono said:

i think that person is saying, you might like it

and you might

you dont know

How could I like it if already feel like 24" is little bit on the smaller side if anything?

Just a note, I don't look down on you for liking smaller stuff or anything at all, it's just that I don't, and many other don't. That's just how it is. It's personal opinion.

-Stephen Hawking

no i dont think you understand

im asking WHY you feel like you want a bigger monitor

resolution? or having trouble seeing something?

do you sit far away?

1 minute ago, RelativeMono said:

do you sit far away?

Yeah distance plays a big role when choosing size.

AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz

35 minutes ago, RelativeMono said:

do you sit far away?

Just doesn't take up as much if my vision I want it to, just how it feels. 

I am sitting about 60-70 cm away btw

-Stephen Hawking

mmk

that just seems insane to me but more power too ya

Just now, RelativeMono said:

mmk

that just seems insane to me but more power too ya

5 minutes ago, Mihle said:

Just doesn't take up as much if my vision I want it to, just how it feels. 

I am sitting about 60-70 cm away btw

I just measured,I sit 34 cm away,

So a bigger monitor makes sense with 70 cm away.

1 minute ago, Vishera said:

I just measured,I sit 34 cm away,

So a bigger monitor makes sense with 70 cm away.

Measured from my eyes btw. Probably closer to 60 cm while gaming btw but probably closer to 70 ish other times probably.

34cm is VERY close, no one sits that close to the monitor, well, almost no one, we apparently have you. Have not heard about a single other person that sites that close ...

-Stephen Hawking

i sit two FEET

fkn metric users

5 minutes ago, RelativeMono said:

i sit two FEET

fkn metric users

Emm,Only 4 countries in the world use the imperial system: The US,Myanmar,Liberia and the UK (The UK use a mixture of both Imperial and Metric)

2 feet= 60 cm.

And i am 40 cm away to be precise.

i know where its used

not my fault US is better

?

In some cases, bigger is indeed better. That's just reality.

I've a 22" monitor (Asus VH222) and it's by no means 'small'. In fact, it feels gargantuan whenever I switch to my desktop after using the 12" laptop for an hour or so. But with that said; I'd HAPPILY switch to a 27" 21:9 monitor. A 27" 21:9 monitor would be almost as tall as my 22" monitor, but significantly wider. 

Monitor.png.f4279a050109b7a7668bbb04e1183659.png

In fact, it's basically two 17" 5:4 monitors put together:

1736775366_monitor2.png.507f8deea6bac93778ed5cdc12f81e5e.png

A 17" LCD display with a 5:4 aspect ratio used to be the gold standard of monitors back in the days. Everyone had one! Then came 20" 16:10 monitors, which were a tad bit wider, but had the exact same height. Then came of course 22" 16:9 monitors. And now we are seeing more and more 27" 21:9 monitors. 

I call it the "evolution" of PC monitors! Displays are getting cheaper and hence bigger, which is a good thing for the consumers.

3 hours ago, Caroline said:

I've seen people with 27" screens sit at 2ft or less and I can only wonder if they're blind or something, same goes for TVs, 32"? 39"? 50"?

50" 4K at 2ft here, it's awesome.

3 hours ago, Caroline said:

I still have my old 14" and it's perfectly fine

I don't like to watch postage stamps...

For me 24" is the strict "not really enjoyable" minimum, especially since they come at 1080p and that's not enough room for how I like to organise my windows and content, 27" 1440p is OK.

1 hour ago, RelativeMono said:

To see more stuff at once.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

thats not proof of anything other than workspace

if you fullscreen games, you do NOT want that

1 minute ago, Kilrah said:

For me 24" is the strict "not really enjoyable" minimum, especially since they come at 1080p and that's not enough room for how I like to organise my windows and content, 27" 1440p is OK.

you must not play moba or fps games and if you do you must be awful at them

2 minutes ago, Kilrah said:

To see more stuff at once.

you dont see more stuff at once with size just resolution, invalid

10 minutes ago, RelativeMono said:

if you fullscreen games, you do NOT want that

I do actually. Love the immersion in scenic games, simulators, car racing games etc.

9 minutes ago, RelativeMono said:

you must not play moba

No

9 minutes ago, RelativeMono said:

or fps

Yes I do, I'm not good anyway but not worse when using the large display. I play for fun with friends, not competitively so I don't care, and I don't game much in the first place.

8 minutes ago, RelativeMono said:

you dont see more stuff at once with size just resolution, invalid

Not invalid at all, increasing resolution lets you see more stuff but if you don't increase size you either have to turn on display scaling losing the avility to see more stuff or have your head stuck to the screen becasue things are so small. For me to "see more stuff" I need scaling to stay at 100%, and nicely readable 100% scaling at a comfortable desk distance results in about a 50" display.

The size/resolution is awesome for my photo work as well. 

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

Just now, Kilrah said:

I do actually. Love the immersion in scenic games, simulators, car racing games etc.

No

Yes I do, I'm not good anyway but not worse when using the large display. I play for fun with friends, not competitively.

Not invalid at all, increasing resolution lets you see more stuff but if you don't increase size you either have to turn on display scaling losing the avility to see more stuff or have your head stuck to the screen becasue things are so small. For me to "see more stuff" I need scaling to stay at 100%, and nicely readable 100% scaling at a comfortable desk distance results in about a 50" display.

The size/resolution is awesome for my photo work as well. 

im not talking about photo work 

for serious gaming 1080p 24" is objectively just better

1 hour ago, RelativeMono said:

im not talking about photo work 

for serious gaming 1080p 24" is objectively just better

Majority of people like him and me do not play competitively, we play for enjoyment, and bigger monitor makes the enjoyment better.

(up to a max size that is opinion based tho, for example I would most likely never go above 32", tho I have not used it personally)

-Stephen Hawking