Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
isaactechcrap

chromebook gaming

3 minutes ago, isaactechcrap said:

discuss chromebook gaming v.s. pc gaming

Um.... I mean, Chromebooks with the ability to run Android apps can technically game, so long as the app doesn't have weird compatibility issues. Aside from this, you're basically limited to simple HTML5 based games because game developers don't write games for the Chrome OS platform.

Desktop: i7-4790k Build - ALMOST COMPLETE Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Bell Unlimited National Calling & Texting + 10GB Data
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: HP Touchpad (Android) | ASUS ME302C
Camera: Canon SX280 + Rebel T1i (500D) | Sony HDR-AS50R | Panasonic DMC-TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

5 minutes ago, isaactechcrap said:

I know, but the chromebook I'm using has a 16 gb hard drive I know its a hard drive because its squealing like dying seal

It's not a hard drive, it's emmc flash and you're hearing coil whine.

As far as gaming goes, if you have the specs you can install Linux on it and then steam and so on. 4gb of ram and a modern processor with some flavor of HD610/620/630 will play esports games like csgo or tf2.

IBM Thinkpad Z61t

The 10 commandments of the modern tech support forum:

-Do not use the "home" edition of any OS and then complain you cant do something OS related.

-Do not update Windows 10 if it functions normally at the time.

-For the love of god dont update Nvidia drivers beyond 10 versions past release, if it doesnt work normally by then its just screwed. If you keep going its going to eventually perform worse than it did before.

-Always update AMD drivers as for some reason they are the polar opposite and cant get their drivers to work on release but they work great 5 years later.

-Do not download any Antivirus software, Windows Defender is adequate at keeping you from being stupid, other than that you only need Common Sense 2006 edition.

-Google your problems first, the helpful people on tech support forums are just people who know how to use google.

-Dont discuss irrelevancies on tech support forums, an answer to OP's question must be the first line of your first reply to a thread, follow it with whatever.

-Dont use any software that claims to fix registry errors.

-There are more brands out there than Corsair and EVGA, at least try and be original.

-Read your own posts before you post them.

Umm, no? 

Laptop: 2016 13" nTB MacBook Pro Core i5 | Phone: iPhone 8 Plus 64GB | Wearables: Apple Watch Sport Series 2 | CPU: R5 2600 | Mobo: ASRock B450M Pro4 | RAM: 16GB 2666 | GPU: Sapphire Nitro+ RX 580 4GB | Case: Apple PowerMac G5 | OS: Win 10 | Storage: 480GB PNY SSD & 2TB WD Green HDD | PSU: Corsair CX600M | Display: Dell UZ2215H 21.5" 1080p, ViewSonic VX2450wm-LED 23.6" 1080p, Samsung SyncMaster 940BX 19" 1024p | Cooling: Wraith Prism | Keyboard: G610 Orion Cherry MX Brown | Mouse: G303 | Audio: Audio Technica ATH-M50X & Blue Snowball
1 hour ago, isaactechcrap said:

discuss chromebook gaming v.s. pc gaming

You serous bro? ....................... I mean if you like Candy Crush Saga or Bubble Witch Saga then I guess a Chromebook works. 

Im almost convinced he is trolling us.............. 

You ever notice that many establishments have a sign that as "No Shirt, No Shoes, No service"? They never say anything about pants............ You know what that implies. You dont have to wear pants. 

I know, but the chromebook I'm using has a 16 gb hard drive I know its a hard drive because its squealing like dying seal

Not a hard drive; no Chromebook I'm aware of has a spinning rust disk. You probly have a squealing cooling fan or coil whine.

Desktop: i7-4790k Build - ALMOST COMPLETE Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Bell Unlimited National Calling & Texting + 10GB Data
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: HP Touchpad (Android) | ASUS ME302C
Camera: Canon SX280 + Rebel T1i (500D) | Sony HDR-AS50R | Panasonic DMC-TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

as a 16 gb hard drive

I haven't seen a Computer with a low capacity hard drive like that since like mid to late 1990's. Im fairly like 1000% certain most Chromebooks use lower end SSD's. 

You ever notice that many establishments have a sign that as "No Shirt, No Shoes, No service"? They never say anything about pants............ You know what that implies. You dont have to wear pants. 

GalliumOS please

aka linux made for chromebooks 

and its either flash or ssd not hdd 

Don't forget to use the "Quote" feature or mention me ( @Gegger) if you want me to see your reply!

Community Standards // Forum Quickstart Guide // Floatplane // FAQ

If you want to make a thread, check if there is another related thread first.

I don't know what pride month it is in September...

4 hours ago, Donut417 said:

I haven't seen a Computer with a low capacity hard drive like that since like mid to late 1990's. Im fairly like 1000% certain most Chromebooks use lower end SSD's

Nah it'll be an eMMC. 

And I can't see it doing anything outside of playing mobile quality games at best.

Chromebook gaming is running your games on a PC and streaming it to the chromebook with Steam or something

4 hours ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Chromebook gaming is running your games on a PC and streaming it to the chromebook with Steam or something

Not even sure thats possible. Unless you can run that all thru the web browser, or there is an Android App that works on ChromeOS. OR you say screw ChromeOS and get some Linux distro installed. 

Just now, Donut417 said:

Not even sure thats possible. Unless you can run that all thru the web browser, or there is an Android App that works on ChromeOS. OR you say screw ChromeOS and get some Linux distro installed. 

Steam does have an android app for it now that you've made me think of it, but I was thinking Linux + normal steam

Posted · Original PosterOP
18 hours ago, Genwyn said:

It's not a hard drive, it's emmc flash and you're hearing coil whine.

As far as gaming goes, if you have the specs you can install Linux on it and then steam and so on. 4gb of ram and a modern processor with some flavor of HD610/620/630 will play esports games like csgo or tf2.

good point but dell is deceptive like that btw i just took it apart to see thanks