Best / Preferred PC hardware manufacturers?

Inception9269

This was a discussion I was interested in having cause I was curious on other folks thoughts and opinions of which manufacturers they'd consider the best, or ones that they favor over others. Such as graphics card manufacturers, motherboards, so on.

For me, when it comes to hardware, in my main system I favor MSI. When it comes to motherboards I do acknowledge that Asus is more than likely the best brand for them, but I still prefer MSI. I've seen many people consider them a brand that competes the best with Asus as far as quality goes. For graphics cards I've had what I'd consider to be good luck with MSI cards, theirs in my experience are built to be pretty beefy, and I've been able to OC my MSI 1070 and my friends MSI 1060 fairly easily above 2100mhz without heating issues or any instability.

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠉⠛⠻⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣦⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣤⣄⡀⠀⢻⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠸⣿⣿⣿⠃⢰⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣼⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢶⣶⣶⣾⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣧⠀⢠⡀⠐⠀⠀⠀⠻⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡄⢸⣷⡄⠀⠣⣄⡀⠀⠉⠛⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣇⠀⣿⣿⣦⠀⠹⣿⣷⣶⣦⣼⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣼⣿⣿⣿⣷⣄⣸⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⡿⢛⡙⢻⠛⣉⢻⣉⢈⣹⣿⣿⠟⣉⢻⡏⢛⠙⣉⢻⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣇⠻⠃⣾⠸⠟⣸⣿⠈⣿⣿⣿⡀⠴⠞⡇⣾⡄⣿⠘⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣟⠛⣃⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣷⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

I always consider Asus or Gigabyte when shopping for GPU or motherboard. I always prefer Asus motherboards because I'm very familiar with them and feel extremely confident when messing with Bios settings.

As for GPUs, people say that EVGA is the best of the best, but they're also a bit expensive compared to Asus or Gigabyte here in the UK area. My current GPU is the first Gigabyte card that I bought for myself. And I gotta say, I'm very pleased with it. Before that I always bought Asus cards for my personal rig, and never had any issues with them. 

Main system: Ryzen 7 7800X3D / Asus ROG Strix B650E / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 32GB 6000Mhz / Powercolor RX 7900 XTX Red Devil/ EVGA 750W GQ / NZXT H5 Flow

For Mobo, for X570, gigabyte/ASUS. Z390 gigabyte, X470 its basically anyone except cheap gigabyte boards.

for GPU, hands down EVGA and Sapphire. Best quality and EVGA has best customer support.

2 minutes ago, PopsicleHustler said:

I always consider Asus or Gigabyte when shopping for GPU or motherboard. I always prefer Asus motherboards because I'm very familiar with them and feel extremely confident when messing with Bios settings.

As for GPUs, people say that EVGA is the best of the best, but they're also a bit expensive compared to Asus or Gigabyte here in the UK area. My current GPU is the first Gigabyte card that I bought for myself. And I gotta say, I'm very pleased with it. Before that I always bought Asus cards for my personal rig, and never had any issues with them. 

I believe I remember Jayztwocents or some other techtuber that was talking about overclocking on motherboards, as far as VRMs go, him mentioning that MSI is good about making quality boards for overclocking.

Honestly for me with motherboards MSI is my first choice, Asus would be second choice. If I was building a system on a budget where I'm more than likely not gonna be ocing anyway, I usually go with Asrock since I think they make good quality cheap motherboards. As for GPUs, MSI would be my first choice, EVGA second. In my htpc I went with a Zotac 1050 ti that I do think holds up pretty well as far as low end gpus go.

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠉⠛⠻⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣦⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣤⣄⡀⠀⢻⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠸⣿⣿⣿⠃⢰⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣼⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢶⣶⣶⣾⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣧⠀⢠⡀⠐⠀⠀⠀⠻⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡄⢸⣷⡄⠀⠣⣄⡀⠀⠉⠛⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣇⠀⣿⣿⣦⠀⠹⣿⣷⣶⣦⣼⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣼⣿⣿⣿⣷⣄⣸⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⡿⢛⡙⢻⠛⣉⢻⣉⢈⣹⣿⣿⠟⣉⢻⡏⢛⠙⣉⢻⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣇⠻⠃⣾⠸⠟⣸⣿⠈⣿⣿⣿⡀⠴⠞⡇⣾⡄⣿⠘⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣟⠛⣃⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣷⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

Asus is one of the top brands for me, at least in my experience. I opted for an Asus motherboard and graphics card for my PC as I wanted to go with a brand I trust, having previously bought laptops from Asus.

Crucial is also a brand I prefer for storage, as their storage devices are created by Micron. I've bought half a dozen memory and storage devices from Crucial, their products are high quality and are at astoundingly reasonable prices.

I also endorse Corsair as I elected to choose Corsair memory and a power supply, as well as case fans from them too. Only thing I disagree with on Corsair front is the pricing of their peripherals.

I'd also say Gigabyte and therefor Aorus too. I've bought a Gigabyte Wi-Fi card for my PC and then my brother has a Gigabyte GTX 1050 Ti for his PC, both high build quality and great performers.

Gigabyte Aorus is one of those brands that I say I prefer but haven't got the chance to get into yet, their Z390 Aorus motherboard lineup looks solid,

Honorable mentions are EVGA and MSI, although I've never personally used either company's products personally.

mechanical keyboard switches aficionado & hi-fi audio enthusiast

switch reviews  how i lube mx-style keyboard switches

In my opinion EVGA and ASUS makes the best graphics cards, though Gigabyte has been catching up pretty quick. 

For motherboards it really depends on the VRM. All board manufacturer's have garbage boards, and have really good boards. People say ASUS has the best BIOS, but from what I've seen, most modern motherboard BIOS' are all pretty good. That whole "ASUS has best BIOS" thing, doesn't really apply anymore. So it is kind of a tossup, choose whatever brand you like and make sure the VRM on the board is not terrible.

Join HWBot or OCN

#1 3DM Fire Strike Ultra score in the world.

#2 3DM Time Spy Extreme score in the world.

#3 3DM Fire Strike Extreme score in the world.

#7 3DM Sky Diver score in the world.

#8 3DM Fire Strike score in the world.

#12 3DM Time Spy score in the world.

All scores obtained with 8600K + 1x 1070Ti. Links in bio

For me it was always ASUS i liked the look of everything they have GPU MOBO Keyboard Mouse.

As of  latest with the new 2000 series i've got myself a Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 2080ti since there were no Strix 2080ti's in stock everywhere where i live, even though it gets a bit hot 84-85C under gaming load at nearly 90% fan speed in a H440 case i am still happy with the card its a beast and the looks of it are really nice.

For RAM i go with G.Skill all the way and for SSD's Samsung.

But for me ASUS is still my Preferred choice.

Edited by SoreRaito

3 minutes ago, seoz said:

Only thing I disagree with on Corsair front is the pricing of their peripherals.

Really? AFAIK corsair is pretty cheap. I got my 2nd Corsair Strafe (I spilled an arizona on my 4 year old one, lets not talk about that) for 60$. Other Cherry MX full sized KB seem to be around that price.

https://pcpartpicker.com/products/keyboard/#k=1&s=2,3,4,32&sort=price&page=1

The only worthwhile mice are the harpoon wireless (30$) M55 RGB (35$) M65 Pro elite (45$) (or ironclaw for you palm grippers)

Those don't seem too overpriced compared to things like the G502

I never chose by manufacturers.  Instead, I research several parts by different manufacturers and pick the one that will do the job.

2023 BOINC Pentathlon Event

F@H & BOINC Installation on Linux Guide

My CPU Army: 5800X, E5-2670V3, 1950X, 5960X J Batch, 10750H *lappy

My GPU Army:3080Ti, 960 FTW @ 1551MHz, RTX 2070 Max-Q *lappy

My Console Brigade: Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, PS2 Fatty, Xbox One S, Xbox One X

My Tablet Squad: iPad Air 5th Gen, Samsung Tab S, Nexus 7 (1st gen)

3D Printer Unit: Prusa MK3S, Prusa Mini, EPAX E10

VR Headset: Quest 2

Hardware lost to Kevdog's Law of Folding

OG Titan, 5960X, ThermalTake BlackWidow 850 Watt PSU

1 minute ago, Firewrath9 said:

Really? AFAIK corsair is pretty cheap. I got my 2nd Corsair Strafe (I spilled an arizona on my 4 year old one, lets not talk about that) for 60$. Other Cherry MX full sized KB seem to be around that price.

https://pcpartpicker.com/products/keyboard/#k=1&s=2,3,4,32&sort=price&page=1

The only worthwhile mice are the harpoon wireless (30$) M55 RGB (35$) M65 Pro elite (45$) (or ironclaw for you palm grippers)

And then you have things like K95 Platinum :D

Main system: Ryzen 7 7800X3D / Asus ROG Strix B650E / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 32GB 6000Mhz / Powercolor RX 7900 XTX Red Devil/ EVGA 750W GQ / NZXT H5 Flow

2 minutes ago, PopsicleHustler said:

And then you have things like K95 Platinum :D

well, its a pretty big board, and its all aluminum. and IIRC it has doubleshot PBT.

its like 150$ right? thats not too bad, it has macro keys. The old one was better though. EIGHTEEN macro keys.

apparently its built like a brick, no flex at all.

still not worth it. for me, the 110$ K70 SE w/ doubleshot PBT is the best.

3 minutes ago, Firewrath9 said:

I was more referring to their keyboards more than anything else. A Corsair K95 Platinum is a whopping £170 where I live, God almighty. Of course, Corsair is not the only culprit of extreme keyboard marking up, I'm looking at you, Razer.

5 minutes ago, Firewrath9 said:

I would not call the G502 wired overpriced, it's a fair price to pay for a mouse with an amazing sensor, half a dozen programmable buttons, infinite scroll wheel, all that jazz. The newest G502 Lightspeed we can agree is egregiously overpriced for what it is essentially a wireless G502 with a HERO sensor.

mechanical keyboard switches aficionado & hi-fi audio enthusiast

switch reviews  how i lube mx-style keyboard switches

Just now, Firewrath9 said:

well, its a pretty big board, and its all aluminum. and IIRC it has doubleshot PBT.

its like 150$ right? thats not too bad, it has macro keys. The old one was better though. EIGHTEEN macro keys.

apparently its built like a brick, no flex at all.

still not worth it. for me, the 110$ K70 SE w/ doubleshot PBT is the best.

Yeah I bought K95 Plat recently. 220 Euros, no regrets. Its built like a tank. The entire board is basically a chunk of sexy aluminium (Yes, alumiNIUM). I don't really use macro keys that much, so its not a big deal for me.  

8 minutes ago, Ithanul said:

I never chose by manufacturers.  Instead, I research several parts by different manufacturers and pick the one that will do the job.

Totally the way to go about it

Join HWBot or OCN

#1 3DM Fire Strike Ultra score in the world.

#2 3DM Time Spy Extreme score in the world.

#3 3DM Fire Strike Extreme score in the world.

#7 3DM Sky Diver score in the world.

#8 3DM Fire Strike score in the world.

#12 3DM Time Spy score in the world.

All scores obtained with 8600K + 1x 1070Ti. Links in bio

6 minutes ago, PopsicleHustler said:

Yeah I bought K95 Plat recently. 220 Euros, no regrets. Its built like a tank. The entire board is basically a chunk of sexy aluminium (Yes, alumiNIUM). I don't really use macro keys that much, so its not a big deal for me.  

11 minutes ago, seoz said:

I was more referring to their keyboards more than anything else. A Corsair K95 Platinum is a whopping £170 where I live, God almighty. Of course, Corsair is not the only culprit of extreme keyboard marking up, I'm looking at you, Razer.

I would not call the G502 wired overpriced, it's a fair price to pay for a mouse with an amazing sensor, half a dozen programmable buttons, infinite scroll wheel, all that jazz. The newest G502 Lightspeed we can agree is egregiously overpriced for what it is essentially a wireless G502 with a HERO sensor.

its 150 USD on amazon, sorry for you guys across the pond. :D 

12 minutes ago, seoz said:

The newest G502 Lightspeed we can agree is egregiously overpriced for what it is essentially a wireless G502 with a HERO sensor.

yeah, and powerplay is an actual joke. 100$ for a mousepad. Seriously.

9 minutes ago, Firewrath9 said:

its 150 USD on amazon, sorry for you guys across the pond. :D 

Yeah. EU import fees are ridiculous. If I lived in the USA, I would've had R9 3900x with 2080ti and 38 gigs of 4200 RAM only because it would've been a lot cheaper than in EU.

-

These are my personal preferences for component brands.

For motherboards: Asus and MSI

For graphics cards: Asus and EVGA

For RAM: Corsair and G.Skill.

For psu: EVGA and Corsair

For HDD: Western Digital

For SSD: Samsung

For cases: Corsair and Fractal Design. Sometimes Phanteks.

For peripherals: Corsair

No current preference for cooling, just whichever manufacturer strikes the right balance of performance and looks.

All Corsair...

CPU: C110i

GPU: G115i

Cooler: H115i

Motherboard: M115i

Screen: S115i

Case: Any Corsair case :)

Mouse, keyboard.. all Corsair...

i5 8600 - RX580 - Fractal Nano S - 1080p 144Hz

None.

I always get any hardware, even phones, based on benchmarks and reviews.

My decision will almost always down to wichever shows that it has the best overall value in benchmarks and reviews, whatever the brand is, I'll get that.

SILVER GLINT

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X || Motherboard: Gigabyte X570 I Aorus Pro WiFi || Memory: G.Skill Trident Z Neo 3600 MHz || GPU: Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 XT || Storage: Intel 660P Series || PSU: Corsair SF600 Platinum || Case: Phanteks Evolv Shift TG Modded || Cooling: EKWB ZMT Tubing, Velocity Strike RGB, Vector RX 5700 +XT Special Edition, EK-Quantum Kinetic FLT 120 DDC, and EK Fittings || Fans: Noctua NF-F12 (2x), NF-A14, NF-A12x15

11 hours ago, Inception9269 said:

I favor MSI

Their dragon logo tho..

MSI needs to refine their logo. Or if they cant be innovative for it just put a simple "msi" letter logo rather than that stupid outdated comical dragon.

Thermaltake is the perfect example how to refined their outdated orange TT'ed Sun logo with new nice simple TT letters as their new one.

For me best tech brand logo is Corsair with their sails.

*what am I talking about? why should I even talked about logos....

(-_-)a

SILVER GLINT

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X || Motherboard: Gigabyte X570 I Aorus Pro WiFi || Memory: G.Skill Trident Z Neo 3600 MHz || GPU: Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 XT || Storage: Intel 660P Series || PSU: Corsair SF600 Platinum || Case: Phanteks Evolv Shift TG Modded || Cooling: EKWB ZMT Tubing, Velocity Strike RGB, Vector RX 5700 +XT Special Edition, EK-Quantum Kinetic FLT 120 DDC, and EK Fittings || Fans: Noctua NF-F12 (2x), NF-A14, NF-A12x15

8 hours ago, comander said:

Did you "steal" my avatar? Hahaha. Not a problem if you did, just curious if this was a case of two minds picking up on the same twitter post (which was featured on Level1Techs)

and yes, spending $100 on a mousepad is questionable. 

I’ve had my avatar since CES, I ripped this off reddit r/AyyMD, lol.

I used to be a huge Corsair nerd because of the RGB everything appeal, but as I get older and my computer is becoming more of a workstation than a gaming machine I'm really starting to dig Be Quiet! and their minimalist approach (and silence obviously).

GPU: EVGA wins for me

CPU: whatever suits my needs. My 5820k from my first build is still a strong contender.

Case fans: Be Quiet!, didn't really care for my Noctua fans

Peripherals: Corsair

Monitors: Dell, ASUS

Storage: I will always go Western Digital and Samsung

PSU: Corsair, Be Quiet!

Ram: Corsair

Motherboard: MSI, ASUS, my server has an ASRock board and it's really lacking in the bios.

~Air Cooling Advocate~