will xbox 2 be at 2080 ti level?

Dehaka
4 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

By definition energy is power. As power is the ability or potensial to do something. 

Its energy potential. And therefore its power is still the same.

Im running off definition. And its dumb, but its true. 

Definition:

At this point, I'm convinced either you're trolling me or you don't have a formal education on the subject matter.

So we can leave it here. I'm sure plenty of people have gone through a bag of popcorn or two enjoying the derailment.

20 hours ago, manchild said:

they said its 4 TIMES FASTER THAN X1X.

The fan is probably 4 times faster ?

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - Nvidia RTX 3090 FE - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 32GB DDR4 3200MHz - Samsung 980 Pro 250GB NVMe m.2 PCIE 4.0 - 970 Evo 1TB NVMe m.2 - T5 500GB External SSD - Asus ROG Strix B550-F Gaming (Wi-Fi 6) - Corsair H150i Pro RGB 360mm - 3 x 120mm Corsair AF120 Quiet Edition - 3 x 120mm Corsair ML120 - Corsair RM850X - Corsair Carbide 275R - Asus ROG PG279Q IPS 1440p 165hz G-Sync - Logitech G513 Linear - Logitech G502 Lightsync Wireless - Steelseries Arctic 7 Wireless

17 hours ago, Ravendarat said:

The sucker is still 18 months away, who knows what they pul off by then

We can safely say they won't pull off magic. 18 months from release means there is a working prototype now. That's why consoles are usually at least one generation behind. For example, the Switch uses a Maxwell GPU, even though it would greatly benefit from the efficiency of a Pascal one.

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

Just like Fallout 76 has "16x more detail than Fallout 4!"

Sure, its easy to say this bs when there is no real comparative... It can be 4x faster under "X and Y" but only 20% faster average on AAA games.

Ultra is stupid. ALWAYS.

21 hours ago, Mira Yurizaki said:

They said "from a pure processing perspective", which is very vague. At best it's just the performance difference from data in vs. data out, which would be for the entire system, not specifically the GPU.

EDIT 2: This is also the same video where they said "an SSD and solid state drive" and claims that the GPU has hardware accelerated ray tracing which as far as we know is not on Navi. I mean, maybe the consoles have a special version that has hardware accelerated RT on it, or they consider running RT on the GPU itself hardware accelerated regardless if it runs on the compute cores or a dedicated RT accelerator.

I wouldn't be surprised that a Zen 2 chip with SMT has close to 4 times the processing power of the souped up 8 core Jag in the X1X.

As for Navi, big Navi will have the hardware RT component. Pretty sure that AMD either doesn't have it ready yet for Navi 10 or they looked at the performance they would get and decided that limiting games to 40FPS with a dGPU was a crap move and so skipped it on the smaller cards. If the former, you should see it on the 5700 refreshes next year or the year after.

Typically consoles are closer to the x60 than the x70. Certainly nowhere near the x80TI...

@GoldenLag I don't intend to sound rude, but I just dropped out of a class called "Principles of Electronics". In that class, the professor actually defined capacitors as components that store electrical energy with an electrical field. This is in comparison to inductors, which do so with magnetic fields. Capacitors also have the ability to:

• reduce signal noise for transistor-controlled circuits
  • filter frequencies (along with inductors)

I must also note that batteries and capacitors are different in their intended use cases. Batteries are meant for long-term storage (of potential energy) and operation, while capacitors are meant for either short-term energy storage, or electrical signal filtration.

Also, energy and power are two different things in science (especially Electronics and Physics). I will be using the definition(s) for Physics.

• Energy is the ability to do work
  • Power is Energy, per unit Time

Thus, Power is mathematically a function of Energy and Time. Calculus and other classes delve more into this, but the concept is still there - Power and Energy are not the same.

I have a book suggestion for you.

@Mira Yurizaki Sorry for the derailment. Just saw something that was in need of attention, from my Computer Science/Engineering background.

11 minutes ago, TopHatProductions115 said:

Capacitors also have the ability to:

• reduce signal noise for transistor-controlled circuits
  • filter frequencies (along with inductors)

this is what I thought, always been thing that it should be possible to short out the capacitors when it blows..

7 hours ago, Mira Yurizaki said:

So we can leave it here. I'm sure plenty of people have gone through a bag of popcorn or two enjoying the derailment.

Sure, but i was not wrong per dictionary definition.

1 hour ago, TopHatProductions115 said:

that class, the professor actually defined capacitors as components that store electrical energy with an electrical field.

Which is what i was reffering to when they could store energy. They dont store a lot, but they do store a tiny bit. 

• Power is Energy, per unit Time

Thus, Power is mathematically a function of Energy and Time

Yeah i know that and i knew what the other was getting at. Sadly i reffered to the dictionary definition where power is the ability to do something.

Since a cap stores a very small ammount of energy in an electrical field. Twice the number of capacitors store twice the energy. It has the potential to do twice the work with its stored energy. 

Im not reffering to work over time. Just the potential of changing something. 

Neat, ill have a look.

Also, energy and power are two different things in science (especially Electronics and Physics)

Indeed it is, good thing i was avoiding that and instead just using the meaning of the word "power"

Tl;dr: the same way a battery has a potential to do something. That means it has "power". 

Double the number of batteries and you have twice the energy potential. 

Meaning twice the ability to change something and twice the "power" (not work over time)

Meaning twice the ability to change something and twice the "power" (not work over time)

That is where I disagree with you. If you have twice the energy capacity, then you can hold twice the energy. That's it. Energy usage/expenditure over unit time is power. If I have two devices, A and B, such that they consume the same amount energy to do the same task, but device A consumes said energy in half the time of device B, which is more powerful? 

Devices that generate and use electricity can have power (active components). Components that manipulate and store energy cannot also have power. Sort these by Power or Energy:

• Electrical Generator
  • Solar Panel
  • Battery
  • Capacitor
  • Transformer
  • Inductor
  • Resistor
  • Transistor
  • Diode

The results also separate passive components from active components.

I am inclined to think that they are either talking CPU or overall. The Ryzen based processors will be a massive leap over the Jaguar based CPUs of the XB1.

My guess if we are talking equivalent GPU power to an Nvidia Card, 2070 at the high end and 1660 at the low end. 

4 hours ago, Ertman said:

I am inclined to think that they are either talking CPU or overall. The Ryzen based processors will be a massive leap over the Jaguar based CPUs of the XB1.

I sort of speculated that with whatever data I could grab. Though said speculation is also making a lot of assumptions: