will xbox 2 be at 2080 ti level?

Dehaka
4 minutes ago, RejZoR said:

The purpose of consoles is that games just work and are exactly as intended by developer without any fiddling and tweaking.

That's literally what I said...

No, you said that settings are dumbed down by default and it's why you can't adjust settings. Which just isn't true. It's without settings because it's meant to be plug and play. You don't fiddle around with anything. It just has to work in an exact specific way.

11 hours ago, Ravendarat said:

The sucker is still 18 months away, who knows what they pul off by then

Hardware for consoles is typically finalized around that time frame. If they're going to change anything, it's likely not going to be core components like the CPU or GPU. As an example, the GPU where the original PS4 would've fit was released in March 2012, at least 18 months before the launch of the console.

15 hours ago, manchild said:

they said its 4 TIMES FASTER THAN X1X. x1x is around 1070 performance, so 4 times that is 2x 2080 ti performance, which i highly doubt. but will it at least be on par with 1 2080 ti for $499?

It's sincerely doubtful. We just get lied to with console specs ever since the Xbox came on the market.

It's like being told all Tesla's can self-drive. Yeah they can, but not to the level of accuracy to ensure safety for both the driver, passengers and surrounding vehicle/pedestrian traffic. Just because a feature exists, does not mean the feature works to the level the marketing would have you believe.

In the case of Xbox, Xbox 360, Xbox One, and Xbox Scarlett, the Xbox has never had much of a lead. The first Xbox was barely on par with what was released in 1999, despite being released in 2001. It was literately a PC in all but name. The 360 was a different machine altogether and threw backward compatibility under the bus. The Xbox One returned to being basically just a more refined PC, but fell short of the PS4's performance. So expect whatever Scarlett ends up being falling short of the PS5..

We will be promised 8K or 120fps, but not both at the same time, and likely not with RT turned on. Existing top of the line hardware can not do 4K and 120fps, and this is still something a year and a half out. According to hardware roadmaps the Navi 20 (highend) would be out by then, that doesn't mean it's going to be in a console. That's asking for a $1000 GPU part to exist in a $500 console. Not going to happen. 

Just look at the "4K" support on the refresh version of the consoles to get an idea how we have been lied to.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/console/difference-4k-hdr-xbox-one-enhanced-games

Games that are said to be Xbox One X Enhanced offer one or more of the following benefits over non-Enhanced editions:

• Graphic enhancements
  • Additional visual effects
  • Higher framerate
  • Higher resolution (up to 4K, depending on your TV)

"one or more"

Personally, I would be shocked if it was anything higher than RTX 2070 level performance.

Not that my opinion is based on any real factual insights, that's just what makes sense to me.

18 hours ago, manchild said:

they said its 4 TIMES FASTER THAN X1X....

Where is this information form? 

From what I have read it's four times more powerful then Xbox one X.  Four times more powerful can be interpreted in many ways, even with statistics and in the end just be a few percent faster.  My guess it's pure marketing.

4 minutes ago, Kroon said:

Where is this information form? 

From what I have read it's four times more powerful then Xbox one X.  Four times more powerful can be interpreted in many ways, even with statistics and in the end just be a few percent faster.  My guess it's pure marketing.

2 minutes ago, Mira Yurizaki said:

in the video he says: From a pure processing prospective it four times more powerful.

So noting about 4 times faster. 

Just now, Mira Yurizaki said:

"More powerful"

"more powerul" can literally just translate to the capacitors holding more power. 

its not wrong. just strap 60 capacitors on the darn thing and call it 40 times more powerful than a 28 core Xeon platinum. 

2 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

"more powerul" can literally just translate to the capacitors holding more power. 

its not wrong. just strap 60 capacitors on the darn thing and call it 40 times more powerful than a 28 core Xeon platinum. 

In the event you were being serious, you don't "store" power. Power is a unit of work over time.

3 minutes ago, Mira Yurizaki said:

In the event you were being serious, you don't "store" power. Power is a unit of work over time.

capacitors "store" power. which is a given voltage and amperage wich then can give you wattage. they store "power"

they can call it more powerful because it stores more potential power. while super missleading, its not wrong per say. 

11 minutes ago, Mira Yurizaki said:

"More powerful" and "faster" are often used synonymously.

In marketing they will like you to believe that.  However, in real life that is not the case.

If I increase my CPU clock speed so I get 10% more processing power I will in best case get 10% performance increase but in a lot of cases, mainly gaming, not even get 1% increase.  So no, more powerful processing is not equal to faster.  Just how they point out: "pure processing prospective" should say it all.

4 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

capacitors "store" power. which is a given voltage and amperage wich then can give you wattage. they store "power"

they can call it more powerful because it stores more potential power. while super missleading, its not wrong per say. 

If a capacitor stores power, then can I say the local water tower stores 20 million horsepower or 14,710,000,000 watts?

Because that's what you're saying here.

4 minutes ago, Mira Yurizaki said:

If a capacitor stores power, then can I say the local water tower stores 20 million horsepower or 14,710,000,000 watts?

Because that's what you're saying here.

yup. that is a thing. it stores energy. differently to a battery, but you can sort of treat it like one. 

same with water towers as they do store energy. 

2 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

yup. that is a thing. it stores energy. differently to a battery, but you can sort of treat it like one. 

same with water towers as they do store energy. 

Yes but energy is not power. Power is how much work is done (or energy is expended) over time.

3 minutes ago, Mira Yurizaki said:

Yes but energy is not power. Power is how much work is done (or energy is expended) over time.

and a device with a bigger battery is more full of potential power. as in it has more watthours of energy. 

like i understand what you are getting at. but more wattage potential is still more "power". 

1 minute ago, GoldenLag said:

and a device with a bigger battery is more full of potential power. as in it has more watthours of energy.

like i understand what you are getting at. but more wattage potential is still more "power". 

So basically, if I have a 250W power supply and I add in a 1000W power supply, my system is now suddenly 4 times more powerful.

Even though I never use more than 100W at peak moments.

Okay, sound logic. Got it.

1 minute ago, Mira Yurizaki said:

So basically, if I have a 250W power supply and I add in a 1000W power supply, my system is now suddenly 4 times more powerful.

yoooooo, so if I use my 1600W T2 instead of my current RM1000i, my PC will be another 60% faster? 

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

9 minutes ago, Mira Yurizaki said:

powersupplies are different. because they dont store power. while yes they store a little bit in their caps, but thats outside of the view. 

in the case of capacitors its more like batteries. where a twice as large battery has twice the wattagehour potential. 

9 minutes ago, Mira Yurizaki said:

its not about delivering power. its a stupid thing which works out to be true while being wildly missleading. 

its about storing it. 6 capacitors store x ammount of power. while 12 capacitors store 2x the ammount of power. that product then is twice is powerful as it literally stores twice the ammount of power

4 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

in the case of capacitors its more like batteries. where a twice as large battery has twice the wattage potential. 

its about storing it. 6 capacitors store x ammount of power. while 12 capacitors store 2x the ammount of power. that product then is twice is powerful as it literally stores twice the ammount of power

How do you store a unit of work over time?

Because last I checked, the value of a capacitor was the amount of charge divided by voltage between the two terminals. There's no time component in that. At least not one that'll cancel out into work over time.

Because last I checked, the value of a capacitor was the amount of charge divided by voltage between the two terminals. There's no time component in that. At least not one that'll cancel out into work over time.

And there it stores a ammount of work potential. Same way a battery does it. 

How do you store a unit of work over time?

You store a given energy potential that can equate to watthours. 

Hence me using the term that its got more power. 

Its potential energy.

Just now, GoldenLag said:

And there it stores a ammount of work potential. Same way a battery does it. 

You store a given energy potential that can equate to watthours. 

Hence me using the term that its got more power. 

Its potential energy.

But energy is not power. Because power is energy expended over time.

I mean it's silly to say a capacitor stores 20W, because if you can discharge it twice as fast, you now have a 40W capacitor. And if you can discharge it twice as fast again, you have an 80W capacitor.

10 minutes ago, Mira Yurizaki said:

But energy is not power. Because power is energy expended over time.

By definition energy is power. As power is the ability or potensial to do something. 

11 minutes ago, Mira Yurizaki said:

mean it's silly to say a capacitor stores 20W, because if you can discharge it twice as fast, you now have a 40W capacitor. And if you can discharge it twice as fast again, you have an 80W capacitor.

Its energy potential. And therefore its power is still the same.

Im running off definition. And its dumb, but its true. 

Definition:

noun
  1. 1.
    the ability or capacity to do something or act in a particular way.
    "the power of speech"
    synonymer: ability, capacity, capability, potential, potentiality, faculty, property, competence, competency