Adata sets new world record for DRAM overclocking

LukeSavenije

Sources: Tomshardware, Twitter (ADATA), HardwareBot

Adata's XPG Overclocking Lab (XOCL) has managed to overclocked their RGB-lit Spectrix D60G memory to a staggering 5,634 MHz, as recorded by HWBot. This beats HyperX Predator as the fastest DDR4 memory on earth. The overclock has been done on a Z390i gaming edge ac and a 9900k

image.png.9a9aac2a5f84710af233b03dd8ea0d9a.png

As expected, the overclocking team resorted to exotic cooling, in this case liquid nitrogen, to cool both the CPU and memory module. Of course, when you're aiming to break world records, you have to push your hardware to its limit, so your typical cooling methods have no place in the competitive overclocking world.When it comes to pushing for raw speed, memory efficiency is basically thrown out the window. In order to hit 5,634 MHz, the XPG Overclocking Lab had to use very loose timings that you simply won't see in normal day usage. The overclockers set the Spectrix D60G's CL timings to CL31-31-31-46 3T. Although Adata didn't provide any insight on the operating voltage, we suspect it was about 2V.

Imagine in 10 years we might get RAM with speeds of that caliber right out of the box...

Please mention or quote me if you want a response. :) 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

13 minutes ago, Uptivuptiz said:

Imagine in 10 years we might get RAM with speeds of that caliber right out of the box...

i mean... about what happened with ddr3

50 minutes ago, Uptivuptiz said:

At those timings it's pretty pointless tbh, it's more a "look what we did" thing than anything useful.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

1 minute ago, Master Disaster said:

At those timings it's pretty pointless tbh, it's more a "look what we did" thing than anything useful.

it's like cl30 or something stupid like that

4 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

Yeah, it's nothing more than a publicity stunt. I think it's still interesting to see RAM at 5000MHz+ though, even if the timings are at CL31.

3 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

it's like cl30 or something stupid like that

CL31-31-31-46 3T

3T, ooof.

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

3 minutes ago, XR6 said:

Yeah, it's nothing more than a publicity stunt. I think it's still interesting to see RAM at 5000MHz+ though, even if the timings are at CL31.

Oh without a doubt, I very often find myself looking at world record overclocks. Then I look at my 4.2Ghz Ryzen and sigh LOL

3 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

Oh without a doubt, I very often find myself looking at world record overclocks. Then I look at my 4.2Ghz Ryzen and sigh LOL

then i look at my memory clocked at 3600 cl17

even harder sigh

58 minutes ago, Uptivuptiz said:

Possibly closer than you think. DDR5 is aiming to double bandwidth over DDR4, so officially defined 6400 could be expected at some point. Not necessarily day 1. As an indication standards compliant 5200 has been developed https://www.anandtech.com/show/13605/sk-hynix-develops-first-16-gb-ddr5-chip-demos-ddr5-rdimm Don't know if anyone has claimed faster since then.

7 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

5634C31 is equivalent to 3200C18 so, still lower latency than standards compliant 3200. A bit higher latency than most enthusiast kits typically C16, or faster if you throw more money at it.

Of course, with the requirement of exotic cooling it isn't for normal usage, but I could really use that bandwidth. Note not all use cases care about latency. Bandwidth can really help too. Given a choice I'd take more bandwidth over lower latency any day.

Main system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200 3x 16GB 2R, RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

Response times be faster than human response times wouldn't they

29 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

I didn't mention the timings. At that point I hope the timings have been optimized. :)

Please mention or quote me if you want a response. :) 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

1 minute ago, Uptivuptiz said:

I didn't mention the timings. At that point I hope the timings have been optimized. :)

ddr4 had some problems with that already... but that aside

1 hour ago, Uptivuptiz said:

doubt it lol.

Our current technology has slowed in advancement pretty heavily since about 2017 when we hit the transistor gate, and we can only get so much smaller without developing to an entirely different cpu architecture using ridiculous resources and materials. Unless of course we start developing massive hardware modules liek the ryzen cpus... We've almost hit the brick wall of our current technology in terms of this size factor.

Here's hoping though that we find some kind of super-material able to process the kinds of data we stream into it so we can continue to blow past previous expectations without increasing size massively... like amd is starting to realize we need to do to get real performance upgrades in the same package.

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

28 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

ddr4 had some problems with that already... but that aside

Bandwidth increases actually negate higher timings. To a point. Go too far and of course there are diminishing returns. I found that out with DDR2 667, 800 and 1066.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

3 minutes ago, Dabombinable said:

Bandwidth increases actually negate higher timings. To a point. Go too far and of course there are diminishing returns. I found that out with DDR2 667, 800 and 1066.

yeah... true

and at the start of ddr4 the same case

Would be great to see these memory clocks on new Ryzen chips. 

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

Just now, Doobeedoo said:

Would be great to see these memory clocks on new Ryzen chips. 

well... good luck running ln2 all day then

and the fact that it's cl31

2 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

well... good luck running ln2 all day then

and the fact that it's cl31

Heh well we'll at least have much faster memory support with new series. 

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

https://hwbot.org/submission/4156022_ogs_memory_frequency_ddr4_sdram_2863_mhz

http://valid.x86.fr/cc42lc

ADATA record was short lived. But that's how HWBOT works. They probably have several high clocked results on hand. All ready to resubmit when their previous score is beat.

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

Definitely cool, but usually most people don't have a giant tank of LN2 lying around. However, I would love to see these speeds in the future.

Don't forget to use the "Quote" feature or mention me ( @Gegger) if you want me to see your reply!

Community Standards // Forum Quickstart Guide // Floatplane // Forum FAQ // The Parrot Gang
Banned by Linus in the "banning game" thread who added insult to injury by putting this crap in my sig >(

WE ARE THE DARK SIDE Don't be a light theme peasant

Spoiler

........:oo:........

o//ssssssssyhhysssss+////o               .''''''''''''''. 

mddmmm/::ddddddddddddddmmmyss::/mmN       |   PARTY ON   |

o..+oodddmmmhhhhhhhhhhhdmmmmmdddooy       | ,............'

h::oyyhddmmm+++///////////++++++mmmddy::s  |/

Nyyo[[sddhyyyyy::::::::::::::::::::yyymmh//oyym

h..:oohmm+:://///::::////////////////+mmmmms..sNN

m++sddmmm+::hddhhy::+ddddddddddddddhhhmmmmmdhh+++d

Nsssyyhmmhssooodmmhhh::+mmdyyyyyyyyddddddmmmmmmmmo::d

mmd../mmmmmo::shhdmmhhh::+mmhooooooooyhhmmmmmmmmmmmyssdmm

+++++smmdddo::///dmmhhh::+mmhooooooooooommmmmddddmmmdd/++m

``+hhhmmhoo/:::::oooooossymmhooooooooyyymmdoooooydddmmo//N

++:mmmmmy:::::::::::::/yyhmmhooooooooyhhmmd:::::+yyhmmyssddd

ooommmmmy:::::::::::::://ommhooooooooooommd:::::://shhdmm+..

yyhmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmhooooooooyyymmd::::::::/++hmm+//

dddmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmhooooooooyhhddh:::::::::::hmmysshhd

mmmmmdhhs::::::::::::::::+mmhoooooooohhhhhy:::::::::::hmmhhh``+

mmmmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmdhhsooooodmm++/:::::::::::hmmsss``+

dddmmhoo+::::::::::::::::+dddddyssyyydmm::::::::::::::hmmsoo++o

dddmmdhho::::::::::::::::+hhdmmddddmmmmm::::::::::::::hmmsooNNN

mmmmmh///::::::::::::::::+hhdmmmmmmmmddd::::::::::::::hmmsoo++/

yyhmmdss+::::::::::::::::/ooydddmmmmmsoo::::::::::::::yddhyy::+

++ommmmmy:::::::::::::::::::ohhdmmddd/::::::::::::::::shhdmmsssNNNmmN

..+mmmmmy:::::::::::::::::::://shh+//:::::::::::::::::://dmmmmdoo+..o

``+dddmmhss+:::::::::::::::::::+++/::::::::::::::::::::::ooodddhhysshNNy++m ``+hhdmmdhhs///:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::yyymmmmmmmmo++hNNmdd ``+hhdmmdhhhhh+:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::/hhhhhdmmmmmsoo... ``+ddmmmdhhhhhyyyyyyyyyyyo:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::+++++sdddmmdhhsss//+ ``+mmmmmhsshhhhhhhhhhhhhhy++/:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::+ssyyydmmddd///hhd ``+mmmmmy::shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhs:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::ymmmmmmmh../ ``+mmmmmy:://////////////ohhhyy+::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::///hddmmmhhs++s ``+mmmmmhssssssssssssssssydddddysssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssdddmmmmmy::s ``+mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmhooh

6 hours ago, DildorTheDecent said:

https://hwbot.org/submission/4156022_ogs_memory_frequency_ddr4_sdram_2863_mhz

http://valid.x86.fr/cc42lc

ADATA record was short lived. But that's how HWBOT works. They probably have several high clocked results on hand. All ready to resubmit when their previous score is beat.

unlikely for this one - bdie is at its limit (and apparently a lot harder to run). The new run is using micron :D

Xeon e5649@4.4 GHz on Asus Rampage II Extreme or Gigabyte x58a-OC (whatever I feel like to set up at a time) , 6x4 GB Kingston HyperX 1600, Gainward GTX 670 Phantom, Samsung 840 Evo 240 GB, BeQuiet L8 530W