Does closing apps on Android actually use more battery than it saves?

I make it a habit to close apps on Android if I'm not using them to save battery and performance, but I recently heard that it actually decreases your battery life.  Should I not do that?

5 minutes ago, Missile-striker said:

I recently heard that it actually decreases your battery life.

Heard from who?

That makes no sense..

IIRC, some people claim that killing apps will cost you more battery when you relaunch the app since it is no longer in the memory and require loading from storage.

On 3/19/2019 at 12:30 AM, Missile-striker said:

I make it a habit to close apps on Android if I'm not using them to save battery and performance, but I recently heard that it actually decreases your battery life.  Should I not do that?

You don't actually gain much from it.  Unless an app is actively running in the background (such as for an upload or location data), it's suspended and should be using virtually nothing beyond a basic memory footprint.  I would only close an app if it's being problematic.

It's true. That's why "Task Killer" Apps were always stupid on Android ^^

By "force closign" them yourself, you kill the process (Causing it to maybe even lose data), and it has to restart again, because Android preloads many files into the Ram.

This is additional Work for the CPU.

There is literaly no logical Reason to kill apps at all. Don't want to use the app anymore? Home screen, done.

Keep them in the Ram, that's what android tries, and that's what YOU want. Because when you reopen the App, it's already there, ready to go.