Can I tie my two AIOs together?

ch3w2oy

I don't care about the leaking or whatever, or whether it's possible or not.. I'm more interested in whether or not this will effect the pumps?

I want to take my liquid Vega 64 and my H150i Pro (360) and use barbs and hose clamps (or something similar) and make a loop out of it. Will the pumps be okay working together? Assuming I continued the flow of water in the same direction? What if one is stronger than the other?

Should you not use two pumps like this?

This is until I can make my own custom loop. I have my Vega overclocked pretty well which is why it gets hot/loud and I'm trying reduce that as much as possible, plus I just love fucking shit up (I just can't leave things alone lol)..

Ryzen 3800X + MEG ACE w/ Radeon VII + 3733 c14 Trident Z RGB in a Custom Loop powered by Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium
PSU Tier List | Motherboard Tier List | My Build

Its a lot of work and not even worth trying it.Wait tell you can custom loop it right its a lot easier and cheaper to do it once.

1 minute ago, andrewmp6 said:

Its a lot of work and not even worth trying it.Wait tell you can custom loop it right its a lot easier and cheaper to do it once.

So it's not as simple as connecting the lines and refilling the radiators? I'm good with stuff like this, I'm just not familiar with how the pumps work and if two shouldn't be used in parallel like this..

Ryzen 3800X + MEG ACE w/ Radeon VII + 3733 c14 Trident Z RGB in a Custom Loop powered by Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium

1 minute ago, ChewToy! said:

So it's not as simple as connecting the lines and refilling the radiators? I'm good with stuff like this, I'm just not familiar with how the pumps work and if two shouldn't be used in parallel like this..

I don't understand why you would want to do this honestly... its a lot of effort for little gain, you will have to make sure both pumps are the same spec and speed, just because the unit is the same make and model doesn't mean the internals will be identical.

1 minute ago, Benjeh said:

I don't understand why you would want to do this honestly... its a lot of effort for little gain, you will have to make sure both pumps are the same spec and speed, just because the unit is the same make and model doesn't mean the internals will be identical.

That's what I'm asking..I know nothing about the pumps.

So two pumps running together can cause problems?

If the pumps aren't the issue, then it's honestly not a lot of work.. If the pumps can't work together, then I understand and I will wait for my loop.

Thanks ? 

Just now, ChewToy! said:

That's what I'm asking..I know nothing about the pumps.

So two pumps running together can cause problems?

If the pumps aren't the issue, then it's honestly not a lot of work.. If the pumps can't work together, then I understand and I will wait for my loop.

Thanks ? 

If the pumps aren't running the same speed and pump as many L/hr then you will end up making one work harder and all that jazz. To refill them, you need to make sure they're both using the original coolant as we have no idea what is in the fluid, at all... They often mix metals and the coolant has additives in it to stop the mixed metals reacting with each other, they need to be sealed correctly or they will leak. the units are filled with an exact amount to account for thermal expansion, this is why they intentionally have an air bubble in them as the liquid expands and retracts. It is literally not worth your effort, you would be much better just building a custom loop to do what you want.

1) They do not use standard tubing sizes, so you can't replace the tubing after opening

2) they do not have G1/4 threads so you cannot replace the barbs in order to use liquid cooling tubing

3) the pumps are not identical

4) the pumps are not immediately beside eachother

5) the system has no reservoir to fill from

6) you void every warranty and will get no replacement PC parts when they die from a leak

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

2 minutes ago, ChewToy! said:

Alright alrightt I get it.

Thanks guys ? 

Yeah sorry, there's a reason those are called "sealed AIOs" instead of "expandable AIOs"

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

1 minute ago, Enderman said:

Yeah sorry, there's a reason those are called "sealed AIOs" instead of "expandable AIOs"

I appreciate the advice. I'll just wait to build a custom loop after I upgrade to Zen 2.. Wish it wasn't so expensive lol. 

18 minutes ago, ChewToy! said:

I appreciate the advice. I'll just wait to build a custom loop after I upgrade to Zen 2.. Wish it wasn't so expensive lol. 

second hand parts are incredibly cheap, its actually scary.

12 minutes ago, ChewToy! said:

Is eBay safe for that?

yep, i've gotten full watercooling kits from ebay minus tubing.