Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ch3w2oy

Can I tie my two AIOs together?

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

I don't care about the leaking or whatever, or whether it's possible or not.. I'm more interested in whether or not this will effect the pumps?

 

I want to take my liquid Vega 64 and my H150i Pro (360) and use barbs and hose clamps (or something similar) and make a loop out of it. Will the pumps be okay working together? Assuming I continued the flow of water in the same direction? What if one is stronger than the other?

 

Should you not use two pumps like this?

 

This is until I can make my own custom loop. I have my Vega overclocked pretty well which is why it gets hot/loud and I'm trying reduce that as much as possible, plus I just love fucking shit up (I just can't leave things alone lol)..


2600X @ 4.275 | H150i Pro w/Kryonaut | X470 Gaming 7 | Liquid Vega 64 | 3400c14 Memory | EVGA P2 750W Platinum | 500GB 970 EVO | 512GB SSD | 2TB HDD | 32" 4k DisplayCorsair K55 Keyboard | Roccat Tyon Mouse | Phanteks Entho Pro M Case PCPARTPICKER

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 minute ago, andrewmp6 said:

Its a lot of work and not even worth trying it.Wait tell you can custom loop it right its a lot easier and cheaper to do it once.

So it's not as simple as connecting the lines and refilling the radiators? I'm good with stuff like this, I'm just not familiar with how the pumps work and if two shouldn't be used in parallel like this..


2600X @ 4.275 | H150i Pro w/Kryonaut | X470 Gaming 7 | Liquid Vega 64 | 3400c14 Memory | EVGA P2 750W Platinum | 500GB 970 EVO | 512GB SSD | 2TB HDD | 32" 4k DisplayCorsair K55 Keyboard | Roccat Tyon Mouse | Phanteks Entho Pro M Case PCPARTPICKER

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ChewToy! said:

So it's not as simple as connecting the lines and refilling the radiators? I'm good with stuff like this, I'm just not familiar with how the pumps work and if two shouldn't be used in parallel like this..

I don't understand why you would want to do this honestly... its a lot of effort for little gain, you will have to make sure both pumps are the same spec and speed, just because the unit is the same make and model doesn't mean the internals will be identical.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 minute ago, Benjeh said:

I don't understand why you would want to do this honestly... its a lot of effort for little gain, you will have to make sure both pumps are the same spec and speed, just because the unit is the same make and model doesn't mean the internals will be identical.

That's what I'm asking..I know nothing about the pumps.

 

So two pumps running together can cause problems?

 

If the pumps aren't the issue, then it's honestly not a lot of work.. If the pumps can't work together, then I understand and I will wait for my loop.

 

Thanks 🙂 

 


2600X @ 4.275 | H150i Pro w/Kryonaut | X470 Gaming 7 | Liquid Vega 64 | 3400c14 Memory | EVGA P2 750W Platinum | 500GB 970 EVO | 512GB SSD | 2TB HDD | 32" 4k DisplayCorsair K55 Keyboard | Roccat Tyon Mouse | Phanteks Entho Pro M Case PCPARTPICKER

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ChewToy! said:

That's what I'm asking..I know nothing about the pumps.

 

So two pumps running together can cause problems?

 

If the pumps aren't the issue, then it's honestly not a lot of work.. If the pumps can't work together, then I understand and I will wait for my loop.

 

Thanks 🙂 

 

If the pumps aren't running the same speed and pump as many L/hr then you will end up making one work harder and all that jazz. To refill them, you need to make sure they're both using the original coolant as we have no idea what is in the fluid, at all... They often mix metals and the coolant has additives in it to stop the mixed metals reacting with each other, they need to be sealed correctly or they will leak. the units are filled with an exact amount to account for thermal expansion, this is why they intentionally have an air bubble in them as the liquid expands and retracts. It is literally not worth your effort, you would be much better just building a custom loop to do what you want.

Link to post
Share on other sites

They are AIOs, they aren't supposed to be opened. 

 

Now you CAN open them and do something like use two radiators on one pump, but I have no idea how that would work.

Link to post
Share on other sites

1) They do not use standard tubing sizes, so you can't replace the tubing after opening

2) they do not have G1/4 threads so you cannot replace the barbs in order to use liquid cooling tubing

3) the pumps are not identical

4) the pumps are not immediately beside eachother

5) the system has no reservoir to fill from

6) you void every warranty and will get no replacement PC parts when they die from a leak


My sound system costs more than my PC.        Check out my S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Intel i7 4790k | ASUS GTX770 | ASUS Sabertooth Z97 Mark S | Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB | NZXT S340 | Seasonic Platinum 760 | modded H100i | Ducky ONE White TKL RGB | Logitech MX Master 2S | 2x Samsung 850 Pro 512GB | WD Red 4TB Samsung 58" 4k TV | 2x Behringer NEKKST K8 | BIC Acoustech H-100II | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP

Alright alrightt I get it.

 

Thanks guys 😛 


2600X @ 4.275 | H150i Pro w/Kryonaut | X470 Gaming 7 | Liquid Vega 64 | 3400c14 Memory | EVGA P2 750W Platinum | 500GB 970 EVO | 512GB SSD | 2TB HDD | 32" 4k DisplayCorsair K55 Keyboard | Roccat Tyon Mouse | Phanteks Entho Pro M Case PCPARTPICKER

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ChewToy! said:

Alright alrightt I get it.

 

Thanks guys 😛 

Yeah sorry, there's a reason those are called "sealed AIOs" instead of "expandable AIOs"


My sound system costs more than my PC.        Check out my S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Intel i7 4790k | ASUS GTX770 | ASUS Sabertooth Z97 Mark S | Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB | NZXT S340 | Seasonic Platinum 760 | modded H100i | Ducky ONE White TKL RGB | Logitech MX Master 2S | 2x Samsung 850 Pro 512GB | WD Red 4TB Samsung 58" 4k TV | 2x Behringer NEKKST K8 | BIC Acoustech H-100II | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 minute ago, Enderman said:

Yeah sorry, there's a reason those are called "sealed AIOs" instead of "expandable AIOs"

I appreciate the advice. I'll just wait to build a custom loop after I upgrade to Zen 2.. Wish it wasn't so expensive lol. 


2600X @ 4.275 | H150i Pro w/Kryonaut | X470 Gaming 7 | Liquid Vega 64 | 3400c14 Memory | EVGA P2 750W Platinum | 500GB 970 EVO | 512GB SSD | 2TB HDD | 32" 4k DisplayCorsair K55 Keyboard | Roccat Tyon Mouse | Phanteks Entho Pro M Case PCPARTPICKER

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Enderman said:

1) They do not use standard tubing sizes, so you can't replace the tubing after opening

2) they do not have G1/4 threads so you cannot replace the barbs in order to use liquid cooling tubing

3) the pumps are not identical

4) the pumps are not immediately beside eachother

5) the system has no reservoir to fill from

6) you void every warranty and will get no replacement PC parts when they die from a leak

Image result for challenge accepted meme

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, ChewToy! said:

I appreciate the advice. I'll just wait to build a custom loop after I upgrade to Zen 2.. Wish it wasn't so expensive lol. 

second hand parts are incredibly cheap, its actually scary.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
Just now, Benjeh said:

second hand parts are incredibly cheap, its actually scary.

Is eBay safe for that?


2600X @ 4.275 | H150i Pro w/Kryonaut | X470 Gaming 7 | Liquid Vega 64 | 3400c14 Memory | EVGA P2 750W Platinum | 500GB 970 EVO | 512GB SSD | 2TB HDD | 32" 4k DisplayCorsair K55 Keyboard | Roccat Tyon Mouse | Phanteks Entho Pro M Case PCPARTPICKER

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×