Hacking Nvidia's Drivers!

4 minutes ago, zereshk said:

well yes.

i did exactly what he did. which is flashing the card with a bios file from an original gaming card and then selecting the high performance card which doesn't work for me except when i disable the intel HD 4000 and that would creat other problems like can't play any game in full screen. cuz in full screen, it uses the intel HD 4000 only!!! so if i disable intel HD and starting any game in full screen it would cuz a blue screen.

playing in window screen has some Vsync problems.

thx.

I think someone had the same problem with their p106 on this very thread if i remember it correctly.

You can check earlier Posts maybe you'll get lucky.

A writer, a dreamer, a philosopher, a caring son, a loving bf & 13 other frightened individuals have filed restraining orders against me.

2 hours ago, CrusaderBug said:

I think someone had the same problem with their p106 on this very thread if i remember it correctly.

You can check earlier Posts maybe you'll get lucky.

ok. read the pages and found out i need atleast the 4th generation intel cpu to use the high performance card, which is funny becuz i'm already using it(with some problems)!!

thx for the help.

The recent troubles with Win10 are precisely the reason why discovering how to make the driver  trick work on Win 7 would be so important.  These cards are going to be good enough for light gaming /moba/ and so on for quite a few years, having the trick work on Win 7 would mean that M$ cannot send them to the recycle bin with two clicks.

HxD, go to Search, then Find, then click the Hex Values tab

• Search for 79050fba6b240e

I cant find this.. in that file

On 11/24/2019 at 5:56 AM, Hoang Pham said:

I use Windows 10 version 1903 and the Windows have just update the Nvidia Version. I find out an simple Solution. Just go to Device manager in Control Panel and Mnual update the Driver of P106 ba1ck to old driver Date 29/11/2018. After that restart and Chage in Registor Editor one more time and the P106 will Work Normally

Sincerely

1708962461_Screenshot2019-11-2411_51_51.thumb.png.7effcbd6736b0a441b3a4a2fa87b4699.png

Thank you alot! 

I  only used your method, and it worked great for me. 

I simply started gaming and did not gave you props for it.

I think your solution is the easiest. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Guys,

I am in the process of updating on the cheap 2 old HP Xeon workstations to use for gaming HP z400 and xw8400.

* Is there any reason that the mod would not work with an intel Xeon cpu/motherboard ? ( I can give you more details if needed )

* My workstations don't have onboard graphics can i use the p106-100 along with any other GPU that i would use to connect my monitor ?

* Can SLI work with 2x p106-100 even if people think SLI is dead.

I have read the thread i am just asking to verify and be 100% sure before i go ahead and buy the card

I am only worried about hardware compatibility otherwise i am confident i can follow the steps to make this work

Thank You

Chris

Hello,

I have found a p106-90 card what geforce equivalent is that ? 1060 3gb ?

Thank you

If i don't have a discreet graphics card on the motherboard can i buy an Intel one to put on the PCIe slot ?

Intel don't make graphics cards (yet).

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

well what i meant to say was does anyone managed to get this working with one normal GPU to connect your monitor to and one mining card to offload the 3D 

I have a p106 card but I am getting a error that's saying that the hacked driver isn't compatible with my version of Windows 

41 minutes ago, ZanderKnight said:

I have a p106 card but I am getting a error that's saying that the hacked driver isn't compatible with my version of Windows 

Hi Guy,

use one of the new Methods and not the Hacked driver Bullshit from the old Linus Video. 

Try the Registry Hack. 

Cheers and

happy Holidays. 

• 2 weeks later...

Will it work 6 GB version with 3 GB version? I have already 6 GB version but before I buy another one I would like to try it. I have access to 3 GB version of my friend.

2 hours ago, LeDetructor said:

Does anyone know if the p106 6gb will work in a ryzen 3 3200g?

I don't see why not, it worked with a ryzen 3 2200G. There may be a pcie bottleneck if it only supports 8 lanes, which was a problem with the 2200G and is why I switched to an Intel build instead. Double check how many lanes the 3200G has available, I can't recall off the top of my head. 

7 hours ago, poorboy said:

I don't see why not, it worked with a ryzen 3 2200G. There may be a pcie bottleneck if it only supports 8 lanes, which was a problem with the 2200G and is why I switched to an Intel build instead. Double check how many lanes the 3200G has available, I can't recall off the top of my head. 

https://en.wikichip.org/wiki/amd/ryzen_3/3200g According to this site it says that it supports 20? 16 for discrete graphics processor and 4 for nvme or sata.So it will work?

Hi everyone! I just wanted to know if this P106 gpu works with an Lga 1156 build. Can you help me guys please?

Hi everyone!

I'm planning on using a p106-90, the 3gb version, with a H97 motherboard and 4th gen i7 as my "cheapest way to get 60fps rainbow six siege"-build and will be reporting in probably a couple of days. Does anyone know if this has been done before? 

If someone has an ASUS P104-100 please try something out for me to see if it works. I think I might have found a solution to completely unlocking P104 and basically turning it into a 1080 with 8 GB of VRAM and PCIe 3.0 x16 and everything but I cannot guarantee anything. Apparently it uses the same PCB as ASUS GTX 1080 TURBO, has the same specs except a lot of stuff is disabled in the BIOS so it would make sense for it to work like a 1080 with a 1080 Turbo BIOS. Someone already tried this 1 year ago but got ID mismatch error. Meanwhile, a version of nvflash was released that automatically bypasses that restriction and flashes it anyways allowing to flash different vendor BIOS with different settings. People have been using this to flash OC'd AIB RTX BIOSes with higher power limit to their FE cards and such.

First backup your current VBIOS, in case something goes wrong or you want to reverse back to it. Then flash a GTX 1080 Turbo VBIOS onto it BUT using NVFlash with ID mismatch disabled. If it flashes sucessfully you'll have to reinstall drivers and then check if it behaves like a 1080, if it doesn't you can flash back to original BIOS if you want. Please tell me about the results, I am curious to know wether it works or not, and if it doesn't, what errors does it have so I get an idea what to do next.

Here is the link to ASUS GTX 1080 TURBO BIOS: https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/186184/asus-gtx1080-8192-160601

Link to NVFlash with ID mismatch disabled: https://www.techpowerup.com/download/nvidia-nvflash-with-board-id-mismatch-disabled/

Link to tutorial on how to use NVFlash with ID mismatch disabled:

https://www.overclockersclub.com/guides/how_to_flash_rtx_bios/

On 1/12/2020 at 5:21 AM, LeDetructor said:

does it have to be the p106 from the video or will any p106 work 

Any one

On 1/12/2020 at 4:51 PM, AZRLRYLGH said:

Hi everyone! I just wanted to know if this P106 gpu works with an Lga 1156 build. Can you help me guys please?

As long as the motherboard has video output yes

1 hour ago, Pavlogal said:

ISomeone already tried this 1 year ago but got ID mismatch error. Meanwhile, a version of nvflash was released that automatically bypasses that restriction and flashes it anyways allowing to flash different vendor BIOS with different settings. People have been using this to flash OC'd AIB RTX BIOSes with higher power limit to their FE cards and such.

I  went through all the checks inside nvflash with the debugger,  but the last check is on the side of the video card itself. Not on nvflash side.