How is this for a browsing machine

BelgianNoise

Its for my mom, you know what moms do on the internet, some browsing and stuff. For a total of 368€
image.png.4d1d206dc9d70547f3d44900c2dc9f01.png

I am here to learn, please correct me if im wrong or you see me putting bs on your screen!

Just now, Electronics Wizardy said:

You probably don't need a hdd here, but idk how many files you are sotring.

Thats something i was unsure about. so to be safe.

I am here to learn, please correct me if im wrong or you see me putting bs on your screen!

Just now, BelgianNoise said:

Thats something i was unsure about. so to be safe.

how much data are they storing? For most users its normally better to have one bigger drive so they don't have to worry about filling up the ssd and managing where files go. And most people really dont' have that many files.

Just now, Electronics Wizardy said:

how much data are they storing? For most users its normally better to have one bigger drive so they don't have to worry about filling up the ssd and managing where files go. And most people really dont' have that many files.

I know she has some videos and pics. And going to a 250GB SSD might not be enough?
Maybe a crucial BX500 480GB is better? its €60, the same as the 120GB + HDD.
Is that a better idea ?

Just now, BelgianNoise said:

I know she has some videos and pics. And going to a 250GB SSD might not be enough?
Maybe a crucial BX500 480GB is better? its €60, the same as the 120GB + HDD.
Is that a better idea ?

Why not find out how many files she has first?

The PC won't be able to boot out of the box. The 2200G is a newer ryzen chip and the motherboard needs a BIOS update so it can run the newer CPU. You can either get a ryzen 3 1200 or a B450 motherboard to solve that issue.

aorus pro z390

noctua nh-d15s chromax w black cover

evga 3070 ultra

samsung 128gb, adata swordfish 1tb, wd blue 1tb

seasonic 620w dogballs psu

If you don't need to load things quickly, an SSD isn't really necessary, only if you want some faster boot times. I don't really think your mom would care if the boot were a tad slower. It really is your opinion.

Just now, hiitswilliam said:

If you don't need to load things quickly, an SSD isn't really necessary, only if you want some faster boot times. I don't really think your mom would care if the boot were a tad slower. It really is your opinion.

She might just leave the PC idle or in sleep anyways, so not like an SSD would be needed for boot times.

aorus pro z390

evga 3070 ultra

Just now, mxk. said:

The PC won't be able to boot out of the box. The 2200G is a newer ryzen chip and the motherboard needs a BIOS update so it can run the newer CPU. You can either get a ryzen 3 1200 or a B450 motherboard to solve that issue.

fk me. i only just noticed that it is a B350 board :/ changing it to a B450. ty

2 minutes ago, hiitswilliam said:

Just now, mxk. said:

She might just leave the PC idle or in sleep anyways, so not like an SSD would be needed for boot times.

Im buying parts with reusability and sellability in mind .
and we are not trying to cheap out, at least thats not the intention.

1 minute ago, BelgianNoise said:

Im buying parts with reusability and sellability in mind .
and we are not trying to cheap out, at least thats not the intention.

Fair enough, I'm sure that if your mom is keeping this PC for a while, an SSD would be nice.

aorus pro z390

evga 3070 ultra

That PSU is very bad. Get a Corsair CX450 (2017) instead if you want to stay cheap.

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X Cooler: Corsair H100i Platinum SE Mobo: Asus B550-A GPU: EVGA RTX 2070 XC RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200MHz 16CL 4x8GB (DDR4) SSD0: Crucial MX300 525GB SSD1: Samsung QVO 1TB PSU: NZXT C650 Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow Monitor: Asus VG259QM (240Hz)

I usually edit my posts immediately after posting them, as I don't check for typos before pressing the shiny SUBMIT button.

Unraid Server

CPU: Ryzen 5 7600 Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S Mobo: Asus B650E-i RAM: Kingston Server Premier ECC 2x32GB (DDR5) SSD: Samsung 980 2x1TB HDD: Toshiba MG09 1x18TB; Toshiba MG08 2x16TB HDD Controller: LSI 9207-8i PSUCorsair SF750 Case: Node 304

1 minute ago, Nocte said:

That PSU is very bad. Get a Corsair CX450 (2017) instead if you want to stay cheap.

Do you have another recommendation. Cuz that one is almost 20€ more.

59 minutes ago, BelgianNoise said:

I would not go too cheap on a power supply. That's probably the biggest thing to not cheap out on honestly. If it's poorly made/built, it will take your whole pc with it. I would spend the extra 20 quid if I were you, better safe than sorry.

56 minutes ago, BelgianNoise said:

That's still cheaper than most PSUs in Belgium.

I had a quick look at be.pcpartpicker.com and 50 EUR is cheaper than the next non-trash PSU, which is selling for 61EUR (be quiet! BN272) or 70EUR (Cooler Master MasterWatt 550).

The Corsair VS series is also often mocked as Very Shitty, and for a reason. You do not want to save 10-20EUR on a component that when fails might kill other PC parts.

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X Cooler: Corsair H100i Platinum SE Mobo: Asus B550-A GPU: EVGA RTX 2070 XC RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200MHz 16CL 4x8GB (DDR4) SSD0: Crucial MX300 525GB SSD1: Samsung QVO 1TB PSU: NZXT C650 Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow Monitor: Asus VG259QM (240Hz)

I usually edit my posts immediately after posting them, as I don't check for typos before pressing the shiny SUBMIT button.

Unraid Server

CPU: Ryzen 5 7600 Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S Mobo: Asus B650E-i RAM: Kingston Server Premier ECC 2x32GB (DDR5) SSD: Samsung 980 2x1TB HDD: Toshiba MG09 1x18TB; Toshiba MG08 2x16TB HDD Controller: LSI 9207-8i PSUCorsair SF750 Case: Node 304

A400 is a near garbage ssd 

I'm sorry, but I can I just point this out

Winkelwagen : Shopping cart

Oh how I love the Dutch.. If ya ain't Dutch ya ain't much.

winkelwagon.PNG

18 hours ago, ears_ears said:

A400 is a near garbage ssd 

for that price, its still an SSD with good lifaspan tho.

On 1/21/2019 at 3:41 AM, BelgianNoise said:

Its for my mom, you know what moms do on the internet, some browsing and stuff. For a total of 368€
image.png.4d1d206dc9d70547f3d44900c2dc9f01.png

If just for browsing why a Ryzen?  Can't you just go with the Athlon 200GE APU on this?

CPU: Sempron 2500+ / P4 2.8E / P4 2.6C / A64 x2 4000+ / E6420 / E8500 / i5-3470 / i7-3770
GPU: TNT2 M64 / Radeon 9000 / MX 440-SE / 7300GT / Radeon 4670 / GTS 250 / Radeon 7950 / 660 Ti

Honestly, for only browsing, I think an Intel NUC might suit your needs, plus take up a lot less space.

NUC- $260 US

8gb DDR3- $50 US

240GB Crucial SSD- $40 US

for a total of $350, plus it already has wifi and Bluetooth and according to Google, it translates to 300 Euros-ish.  Granted it is all based on US availability and pricing but I'm sure you can find similarly spec-ed parts.

EDIT: I forgot windows so add another $100 for home or so

Edited by CupONoodles

2 minutes ago, CupONoodles said:

Or get a cheap key from ebay or even Amazon for 10 € or something like that 

22 minutes ago, CupONoodles said:

Honestly, for only browsing, I think an Intel NUC might suit your needs, plus take up a lot less space.

NUC- $260 US

8gb DDR3- $50 US

240GB Crucial SSD- $40 US

for a total of $350, plus it already has wifi and Bluetooth and according to Google, it translates to 300 Euros-ish.  Granted it is all based on US availability and pricing but I'm sure you can find similarly spec-ed parts.

If you have an unused Windows 7 or Windows 8.1 key just lying around, you can use that to activate Windows 10. As of the 1809 version, it still activates using a Windows 7 or 8.1 key.

CPU: Sempron 2500+ / P4 2.8E / P4 2.6C / A64 x2 4000+ / E6420 / E8500 / i5-3470 / i7-3770
GPU: TNT2 M64 / Radeon 9000 / MX 440-SE / 7300GT / Radeon 4670 / GTS 250 / Radeon 7950 / 660 Ti

Another thing I wanted to add in was a monitor, just in case you didn't have one. I would recommend a 4k display if possible for looking at photos and browsing the web, since it makes text much more crisp and let's you watch videos in 4k. And pictures also look great.