Good case for white and black theme?

Auraa
Go to solution Solved by Bananasplit_00,
Just now, Auraa said:

Yeah I was thinking about the Meshify C or the H700i just not sure

both are good cases, H700i is larger and has better cable management, but meshify C is compact and competent. i have a Define C which is the same frame as the meshify and i have enjoyed building in it, quality is nice and unless you are an idiot like me and stuff it with watercooling then it has plenty of space :)

Any good looking case with good cable management and temps? please let me know

depends, whats the budget? NZXT H700i is what comes to mind, along with the Lian Li PC-o11 and the Meshify C

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

bq600.jpg.79c6b091dbf26f5dcc1b1cfd4fd1d380.jpg

BeQuiet Pure Base 600.

Great, silent, no fireworks, no stupid lights (except white leds at the top), no stupid windows (but you can order windowed version too), no colors. Just good pc case.

Good for expand if you have more 3,5" drives, nice place for 2,5 SSD too.

5 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

depends, whats the budget? NZXT H700i is what comes to mind, along with the Lian Li PC-o11 and the Meshify C

Just now, Auraa said:

both are good cases, H700i is larger and has better cable management, but meshify C is compact and competent. i have a Define C which is the same frame as the meshify and i have enjoyed building in it, quality is nice and unless you are an idiot like me and stuff it with watercooling then it has plenty of space :)

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

2 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

what about the s340 elite in white? I really like how the inside of the case is white 

1 minute ago, Auraa said:

what about the s340 elite in white? I really like how the inside of the case is white 

havent  build in it but it looks decent and is a very popular case so its probably not a horrible pick

Builds:

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

havent  build in it but it looks decent and is a very popular case so its probably not a horrible pick

alright thanks I just don't want a bad case again my current case is the  Cooler Master RGB Lite so anything will be an upgrade 

1 minute ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

Where someone can put more than 2 3,5" HDD drives in that case?

What is the point to buy big, expensive pc case if you can't add extra storage drives inside after?

Every time I see this kind of pc case, I wonder how is it different than laptop - anything else, except one or two drives, must be connected outside case, because producer makes lot of space for fans, lights etc. but forget about hard drives, expansion 3,5/5,25 slots etc. Modern motherboards have 4 SATA ports minimum, most of them even 6 (sometimes 8). This is made for a reason - to expand your pc. And PC case should support that type of expansion. Like PCI-E slots - you can use all of them if you want and PC case support that. So why not SATA ports? I'm just asking, because is more and more difficult to find really good PC case for expansion and is very easy to find expensive PC case that looks good but nothing more.

3 minutes ago, homeap5 said:

What is the point to buy big, expensive pc case if you can't add extra storage drives inside after?

Every time I see this kind of pc case, I wonder how is it different than laptop - anything else, except one or two drives, must be connected outside case, because producer makes lot of space for fans, lights etc. but forget about hard drives, expansion 3,5/5,25 slots etc. Modern motherboards have 4 SATA ports minimum, most of them even 6 (sometimes 8). This is made for a reason - to expand your pc. And PC case should support that type of expansion. Like PCI-E slots - you can use all of them if you want and PC case support that. So why not SATA ports? I'm just asking, because is more and more difficult to find really good PC case for expansion and is very easy to find expensive PC case that looks good but nothing more.

Well for me I don't need that many hdds all I need is a 1tb hdd and a 1tb ssd

Just now, homeap5 said:

you can have three 2.5" disks behind the motherboard and then have two 2.5" or 3.5" disks in the basement. thats plenty for most people, i have never had more than one 3.5" HDD in my main rig ever. Not everyone wants a freaking ultra tower, some want a more compact case that can still take an ATX motherboard for the explansion slots and compatability. You can also always get a NAS for bulk storage and whatever games will install on it if you really care about storage, they are fairly cheap

Builds:

Spoiler

18 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

you can have three 2.5" disks behind the motherboard and then have two 2.5" or 3.5" disks in the basement. thats plenty for most people, i have never had more than one 3.5" HDD in my main rig ever. Not everyone wants a freaking ultra tower, some want a more compact case that can still take an ATX motherboard for the explansion slots and compatability. You can also always get a NAS for bulk storage and whatever games will install on it if you really care about storage, they are fairly cheap

NAS - so external solution, so - it's like laptop where I must buy external drives when I want to have more than single drive (or two in some cases)?

I agree that you may don't need storage now, but you may need it later. Adding second (third, fourth) HDD is way more efficient than replace HDD with bigger one.

I'm just saying - most of people may not need extra 3rd or 4th 3,5" storage space in pc case, but there should be possibility to add them anyway in the future. People don't need 4 fans too, it's absolutely pointless but they use these unnecessary fans anyway (mostly for good looking). And what will be next? "I don't use pendrives, so I don't really need USB in front"? "I don't use speakers, so I don't need jack connector in front?" "I don't need reset button, since I don't use it anyway?".

PC case is not just a box for makes everything fit. It's difference between desktop and laptop - desktop should be easy expandable. Not while you put everything together, but in the future.

Of course it's only my point of view.

1 minute ago, homeap5 said:

NAS - so external solution, so - it's like laptop where I must buy external drives when I want to have more than two.

I agree that you may don't need storage now, but you may need it later. Adding second (third, fourth) HDD is way more efficient than replace HDD with bigger one.

I'm just saying - most of people may not need extra 3rd or 4th 3,5" storage space in pc case, but there should be possibility to add them anyway in the future. People don't need 4 fans too, it's absolutely pointless but they use these unnecessary fans anyway (mostly for good looking).

2TB HDDs are pretty cheap, 4TB of storage + whatever you have in SSDs is more than i have ever filled personally so id much rather have a small and compact ATX system than 4 HDD slots where il use one or maybe two. to each their own, but i dont see the need for more than two 3.5" bays in every case

Builds:

Spoiler

2 hours ago, Auraa said:

I've built in both the Define C (Meshify C essentially) and S340 elite

Cable management for both is easy (Define C on left, S340 on right)

20180805_153859.thumb.jpg.5da278654d9e5403e32731217ac78978.jpg20170521_204250.thumb.jpg.0d4ad9051243c8d1016d924f9e0fa7a7.jpg20180805_153913.thumb.jpg.484a3159d0fccef25eb77603d6aca6cc.jpg20170521_204853.thumb.jpg.062f3237e81c53b1e3815de9875ebfc5.jpg

Build quality is good in both, However the Define C will have a fair bit better airflow than the S340 Elite (And The Meshify C will have a lot more) I enjoyed building in both. 

For reference, there's also the H500 which is the updated version of the S340. 

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25