"Wii U Allegedly Outsells Xbox One Globally Last Week"

TopWargamer

http://nintendoenthusiast.com/news/wii-u-allegedly-outsells-xbox-one-globally-last-week/

While not the most accurate source of information, the ever controversial VGChartz has put up their sales for the week of December 21st. While the information may not be completely accurate, if used as a baseline for sales it wields some promising results for Nintendo this Holiday season.

11669666944_6d82b56ce2_o.png

Again, ALLEGEDLY. Take this with a grain of salt for now until a more reliable source comes along to confirm this. Anyways, IF this is true, that doesn't really surprise me. The WiiU is a cheaper console and there are good games for the system. The Xbox One is much more expensive, and most of the games for the system are either 1) also available on 7th generation consoles or 2) are not good games. I'd PERSONALLY buy a WiiU over an Xbox One any day of the week, but that's just my personal opinion.

What are your thoughts on this? Do you think these numbers are accurate?

COMIC SANS

only because the ps4 and xbox one apperantly hasn't come to japan and has no numbers, the wiiu sold 114k in japan.. which is not impressive in the slightest...  these numbers are bollocks, however! i would like it to be true, i myself have no interest in the wii u considering that the game library seems very limited ... give me a proper good old full fledged zelda game and i might almost consider it.

only because the ps4 and xbox one apperantly hasn't come to japan and has no numbers, the wiiu sold 114k in japan.. which is not impressive in the slightest... these numbers are bollocks, however! i would like it to be true, i myself have no interest in the wii u considering that the game library seems very limited ... give me a proper good old full fledged zelda game and i might almost consider it.

Theres plenty of good titles now and plenty to come. As for zelda there is one but its a remake, they did explain why thay did that in one of the nintendo direct videos though.

Wait people still buy xbox 360's and ps3's?

i5 4670k - MSI GTX 770 gaming - Fractal design define R4 (windowed) - MSI Z87-G45 gaming - be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2 - Corsair vengeance 8 gb (lp) - WB black 1tb - 256GB SSD - Corsair TX 750M - Ducky Shine 3

Since no one in Japan can buy Xbox One's or PS4's I believe that the global numbers are irrelevant.

Spoiler

-

CPU:Ryzen 9 5900X GPU: Asus GTX 1080ti Strix MB: Asus Crosshair Viii Hero RAM: G.Skill Trident Neo CPU Cooler: Corsair H110

Wow thats amazing if its true, because wiiu wasnt doing good last time i checked

RIG-Processor: Intel core i7 3770k @4.4GHz,Mobo: MSI Z77-G43,GPU:Gigabyte GTX 770, RAM:16 GB G-skill sniper f3,SSD: Corsair Force f3 240gb,HDD: Seagate baracuda 1TB,Cooler:CM Hyper 212 evo, Case: Sharkoon T28 Blue

Peripherals- Monitor: Samsung S24B300, Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow, Mouse: Razer Abyssus, Headphones: Razer Megalodon, Mousepad: Razer Goliathus Alpha, Webcam: Logitech C270,Pad:Logitech F710, Sp: Philips generic ones

#KILLEDMYWIFE #MAKEBOMBS

This is pretty meaningless, even if it's true global numbers like this aren't very meaningful.  The Wii U has been out longer, is wildly popular in Japan but not very outside it and "Christmas" numbers aren't exactly a total market analysis.  The fact is that both the PS3 and the XB360 outsold the Wii U and the XB One.  The more telling number on that chart is how many more PS4 units sold, the Wii U sold less than 20k more units with the XB One not being available in Japan, the PS4 sold double the XB One and Wii U and 250k more than either the PS3 and XB360.  That's pretty dominant...

Price isn't always a factor. How many countries can sell the product, where the product is being sold and the reviews of the products is also important

3ds wat

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

Good to know 40 DS sold in Japan

lol, probably accidental purchases by moms for kids for Christmas.

Wait people still buy xbox 360's and ps3's?

Great for younger children, as Linus said, he's a gen behind, full library of games to choose and buy from, games are cheaper, PS3 can be used as a bluray player and a catch up box, relatively cheap, etc. 

Cpu: i5-2500k @4.8Ghz, MB: Asus Maximus V Formula, CPU cooler: Be quiet! Dark rock pro 2, GPU: Evga Gtx660 FTW@1.24ghz. Ram: Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1866Mhz, PSU: Be quiet! 730w Semi modular, SSD: Corsair force 3 240Gb, HDD: WD Green 1TB, Case: Nzxt H2 with 4 Corsair SP120's, Win7

Great for younger children, as Linus said, he's a gen behind, full library of games to choose and buy from, games are cheaper, PS3 can be used as a bluray player and a catch up box, relatively cheap, etc. 

And the PS3 will have free online for the rest of it's life.

I'd buy a 360 slim right now(not the E version, bleh) and get all the game I have never played on it, too bad I was a pleb before and bought my 360 at launch and played all the games then...

At least now I can get cheap games for my PS3 that is my dedicated Blu-Ray player!

I'd buy a 360 slim right now(not the E version, bleh) and get all the game I have never played on it, too bad I was a pleb before and bought my 360 at launch and played all the games then...

At least now I can get cheap games for my PS3 that is my dedicated Blu-Ray player!

Speaking of which, for this 7th generation of consoles, I completely skipped over the PS3. So I'll wait just a liiiiittle bit longer to get a PS3 for even cheaper, and then play all of those awesome games for it.

COMIC SANS

I still use my PS3 for 2 games at the moment, hooked up to my U2713HM, even though it's gathering dust half the time. 

Cpu: i5-2500k @4.8Ghz, MB: Asus Maximus V Formula, CPU cooler: Be quiet! Dark rock pro 2, GPU: Evga Gtx660 FTW@1.24ghz. Ram: Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1866Mhz, PSU: Be quiet! 730w Semi modular, SSD: Corsair force 3 240Gb, HDD: WD Green 1TB, Case: Nzxt H2 with 4 Corsair SP120's, Win7

Wii U would be the only console I buy, besides maybe a PS3 for kids or something. Why? Cus the computer plays the games better and exclusives from PS4 (Xbox exclusives will be on Windows so they can peddle Win 8) should hit emulation before Uncharted comes out...which is the only game I am slightly interested in on consoles. 

Wii U emulation isn't coming any time soon. On Wii emulation with Dolphin It takes my 4770k @ 4.5ghz to run LLE sound with perfect music, without running sound on a separate thread (crashes) to run it PERFECT with vsync (as in it as good as the Wii except 4x the resolution with no jaggies). PS3 emulation? Same problem as Wii U. Xbox one emulation? No one cares. The exclusives are just garbage versions of computer genres. 

PS4 emulation? Speculated to be here this year.

http://www.lazygamer.net/general-news/ps4-and-xbox-one-emulators-could-arrive-as-early-as-next-year/

Since MS and Sony are "losing money" and "not making money" selling the consoles? I consider buying their games and emulating them as doing them a favor. They can hold on to their mediocre 500 dollar x86 computers with ATI 7850's and save money by selling me just the games. We both win. I get to look at much better graphics, and they make more money selling me just the game. 

Maybe Sony will wise up and start selling Uncharted on Steam. We already beta tested Planetside 2 and soon Everquest for them on the computer. They could make a killing selling Uncharted for the computer. They could still have dumb exclusive DLC on the console only, but at least they will make money over people pirating it.

CPU:24/7-4770k @ 4.5ghz/4.0 cache @ 1.22V override, 1.776 VCCIN. MB: Z87-G41 PC Mate. Cooling: Hyper 212 evo push/pull. Ram: Gskill Ares 1600 CL9 @ 2133 1.56v 10-12-10-31-T1 150 TRFC. Case: HAF 912 stock fans (no LED crap). HD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB. Display: Dell S2340M IPS. GPU: Sapphire Tri-x R9 290. PSU:CX600M OS: Win 7 64 bit/Mac OS X Mavericks, dual boot Hackintosh.

wat

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

Since no one in Japan can buy Xbox One's or PS4's I believe that the global numbers are irrelevant.

corrected: "Since no one in Japan can buy Xbox One's or PS4's I believe that the global numbers are irrelevant."

This is pretty meaningless, even if it's true global numbers like this aren't very meaningful.  The Wii U has been out longer, is wildly popular in Japan but not very outside it and "Christmas" numbers aren't exactly a total market analysis.  The fact is that both the PS3 and the XB360 outsold the Wii U and the XB One.  The more telling number on that chart is how many more PS4 units sold, the Wii U sold less than 20k more units with the XB One not being available in Japan, the PS4 sold double the XB One and Wii U and 250k more than either the PS3 and XB360.  That's pretty dominant...

And the X360 and PS3 out even longer and at this point probably even cheaper with like 7-8 years of game catalog. i quite enjoy my Wii U and as it gets more an more good games I think more peopel will start picking it up. The $50 price drop and cancellation of the basic unit in the US along with good titles coming out since fall has helped it. I can see 2014 being a far better year for it.

This is great news for the WiiU. It;s a nice console that surprised me (passed my expectations) when I got it this Christmas. I am having a blast with it. The games are really fun. A breath of fresh air, to me, from PC traditional gaming, and the other consoles which are nothing more, at the end of the day, the previous gen with updated graphics. It's also funny how most WiiU games, not only are being displayed on 2 screens (so more computational power needed), but also in 1080p solid 60fps. Good job Nintendo.

My only thought is that I hope the Xbox One sells the least units in the long run. It won't, but I can hope it will. Your mileage may vary, but I think we can all agree that time and time again, Microsoft has shown nothing but utter contempt for its consumers. To me, they seem to care very little about video games, so why should I care about them?

Want to find parts in your budget? Logical Increments is the guide you need. | In the market for a headset? Read this thread. | If you're looking for headphones, please refer to this thread. | Stop being backhanded when offering advice.

CPU: Intel i7-3770K @ 3.5 GHz | CPU Cooler: Thermaltake Frio OCK | Motherboard: ASUS P8Z77-V LK | Memory: 16 GB Corsair Vengeance LP (DDR3-1600) | GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition x 2 (Crossfire) | Storage: 120 GB Kingston SSDNow V300 SSD, 2 TB Toshiba HDD | PSU: Corsair TX850 V2 | Case: In-Win Mana 136 (Black)
Monitor: ASUS VS248H-P | Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 (Cherry MX Brown) | Mouse: Logitech G500 | Speakers: Logitech X-140 | Headphones: Philips Fidelio X1, Sony MDR-X05 | Webcam: Logitech C510

Remember when @Slick said the 3DS was a big failure during one of the WAN shows?  It's only sold over 41 million units and over 113 million software titles in under 3 years.

Main rig: i7 3770K @ 4.54, Sapphire R9 290, Sabertooth Z77, 16 GB Mushkin Redline 2133, Lian Li PC-P50R, Seasonic 860xp Platinum, Kingston Hyper X 3K 240GB

freeNAS server: AMD Athlon II 170u 20W, 5 x 3TB WD Red in raid-z1 (12 TB)

media centre: AMD A10-5700, crucial M4 (boot), running XBMC,4 x 3TB WD Red, 3 x 3TB WD green + 2TB green in FlexRAID (17 TB)

Remember when @Slick said the 3DS was a big failure during one of the WAN shows?  It's only sold over 41 million units and over 113 million software titles in under 3 years.

The 3DS in NA was a failure until the like $100 price drop. Its been steadily gaining speed since. It also help that it got a bunch of good game recently also. I think the 2DS helped as well a fair bit personally.

wat

I could not have said it better myself.

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

It feels as though no games ever leave the BETA stage anymore, until about 3 years after it officially releases. - Shd0w2 2014