IE11 now availible for Windows 7

GoodBytes

Well,

IE came a VERY long way since it's dark days of IE6, and now it's reasonable web browser for using. Not the best, but if you like it, and still on Windows 7, you'll be pleased to know that IE11 is now available.

Windows 8.1 users are already enjoying IE11 on their PC's and Windows powered tablets, such as the inexpensive Dell Venue 8, and the Microsoft own line of convertible devices: Surface)

IE11 brings performance boost, more secure, and continuous effort in improving it to be standards-compliant browser.

The browser is almost—but not quite—identical to its Windows 8.1 counterpart. On Windows 8.1, the browser supports the DRM-in-HTML standard Encrypted Media Extensions, and the Windows 8.1 version has a more restrictive security sandbox.

As with Internet Explorer 10—and in a change to older versions of Internet Explorer—version 11 will be rolled out as an automatic update. The first users to get the browser will be those with the Release Preview installed. It will then be rolled out to other Windows 7 users in the coming weeks or months.

Source: http://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2013/11/internet-explorer-11-for-windows-7-out-now/

Yay now i can get IE ..... NO

CPUIntel 4670k  Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z87X-D3H  RAMKingston HyperX 8GB  GPU - EVGA 780  Case - Fractal Design Define R4    Storage - 2TB WD Black, Samsung 840 Evo 128GB     PSU - Corsair RM650  Display -  Benq XL2430T and Acer S235HL  Cooling - CM Hyper 212 Evo  Keyboard - Corsair K95  Mouse - Razer Deathadder  Sound - Sennheiser HD 558                                 Mic - Blue Snowball  Phone- OnePlus One  Tablet - Nvidia Shield

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA *clicks next topic*

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

Apparently everybody hates IE, but off-topic what's up with goodbytes and all the Microsoft news :P

Stock coolers - The sound of bare minimum

Chrome ftw

I personally don't enjoy 9-string guitars, but that doesn't change the fact that they look awesome as hell!

Apparently everybody hates IE, but off-topic what's up with goodbytes and all the Microsoft news :P

Everyone monitors the same news sites... so why 'kill' myself to post news that the time I type it, it will be already submitted like 20 times.

So I try to focus more on news that people don't report. Microsoft, Nvidia, AMD, Dell, and so on. I have been behind lately due to the heavy work load of this semester at University. :/ I didn't cover the Nvidia Montreal press event, which usually I do, I didn't cover the release of the Surface 2 line, the new firmware that improved the Surface Pro 2 battery life even further, giving 8-9h of usage now (based on The Verge testing), AMD Mantle, and so on.

Chrome ftw

Actually, Chrome is HORRIBLE on battery powered devices. Test shows, that Chrome eats battery life. Also, Chrome can't run smoothly on low powered system. Firefox and IE have no such problem. When IE is better, this is sad. I hope that Google addresses this issue in the version to come, much like Firefox fixed it's memory issues back in Firefox 3.x days. It's a nice web browser, but has some big downsides.

Everyone monitors the same news sites... so why 'kill' myself to post news that the time I type it, it will be already submitted like 20 times.

So I try to focus more on news that people don't report. Microsoft, Nvidia, AMD, Dell, and so on. I have been behind lately due to the heavy work load of this semester at University. :/ I didn't cover the Nvidia Montreal press event, which usually I do, I didn't cover the release of the Surface 2 line, the new firmware that improved the Surface Pro 2 battery life even further, giving 8-9h of usage now (based on The Verge testing), AMD Mantle, and so on.

Well I must admit hardly no one else posts dell news or surface. Keep the other news items coming

Stock coolers - The sound of bare minimum

And now it's even better for downloading other browsers!

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

I just wish Chrome would have that awesome smooth scroll of IE11. TBH I'd switch to Internet Explorer right now if it would have same extensions I use with Chrome. AAAAND not  some weird green screen instead of html5 youtube video....  :lol:Captur_ecran_1.png

FX8320 4.2Ghz@1.280v& 4.5 Ghz Turbo@1.312v Thermalright HR-02/w TY-147 140MM+Arctic Cooling 120MMVRM cooled by AMD Stock Cooler Fan 70MM 0-7200 RPM PWM controlled via SpeedfanGigabyte GA990XA-UD3Gigabyte HD 7970 SOC@R9 280X120GiBee Kingston HyperX 3K2TB Toshiba DT01ACA2001TB WD GreenZalman Z11+Enermax 140MM TB Apollish RED+2X Deepcool 120MM and stock fans running @5VSingle Channel Patriot 8GB (1333MHZ)+Dual Channel 4GB&2GB Kingston NANO Gaming(1600MHZ CL9)=14GB 1,600 Jigahurtz 10-10-9-29 CR1@1.28VSirtec High Power 500WASUS Xonar DG, Logitech F510Sony MDR-XD200Edifier X220 + Edifier 3200A4Tech XL-747H 3600dpiA4Tech X7-200MPdecent membrane keyboardPhilips 236V3LSB 23" 1080p@71Hz .

Sorry for my English....

Yay, no one gives a fuck

sound-of-fucks-meme-generator-look-at-th

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

i tried the RC its pretty awesome

totally different

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

I like IE11 more than Chrome.

There, I've said it.

Nothing beats firefox though.

In my freak'ingly bad internet connection which apparently takes a whole night to download a game, IE 11 (and for that matter, and to some extent IE9 and IE10 too) actually switchs things pretty fast, it's not the same kind of Firefox or Chrome style of loading where they progressively tackle assets, IE leaves the frame static and switches things as fast as possible, for people with optical fiber it'll probably make no difference at all, but for me it actually does.

With that bared in mind, it's just a matter of experience, i like Chrome for the compatibility, the add-ons, i have some custom Userscript going on that i use on some websites, Feedly has became A MUST FOR ME, i can't thanks to its outstanding RSS Feeds delivery take my hands away from Firefox or Chrome, and the new multi-thread Blink engine just made scrolling and things much snappier, even if IE fades it smooth, Chrome is PLAIN FAST.

I already have Windows 8.1, but for those who are still committed to use this very well optimised browser... well JUMP IN !  ;)

And for god sake, stop """crticizing""" GoodBytes for Microsoft news, i like his input on different subjects, he usually makes it on the livestream... and WHO FREAK'IN CARES, if Microsoft holds most of the market share on desktop OSs it's not his fault.

Stop bloating nonsense, and reason to contribute in a constructive manner.

I just wish Chrome would have that awesome smooth scroll of IE11. TBH I'd switch to Internet Explorer right now if it would have same extensions I use with Chrome. AAAAND some weird green screen instead of html5 youtube video....  :lol:Captur_ecran_1.png

CTRL+F

Smooth

Should auto bring up Smooth Scrolling

Enable,

Restart Chrome, 

Smoothness???

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790k @ 4.7 1.3v  with a Corsair H80 w/Dual SP120s - Motherboard: MSI Z97 gaming 5 - RAM: 4x4 G.Skill Ripjaws X @ 1600 - GPU: Dual PowerColour R9 290- SSD: Samsung NVME SM951 256GB-- PSU: Corsair RM 1000  - Case: NZXT H440 Black/red - Keyboard: Coolermaster CM storm Quickfire TK, Cherry MX blues - Mouse: Logitech G502 - Heaphones: Beyerdynamic DT 770 - Monitors: 3x VE248H Eyefinity 1080P -  Phone: iPhone 6S Plus               Please post your specifications in your post, signature or even better, system page on your profile!

I found a use for Internet Explorer!

My Firefox 25.0 doesn't like posting the new youtube comments, but Internet Explorer does!

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

CTRL+F

Smooth

Should auto bring up Smooth Scrolling

Enable,

Restart Chrome, 

Smoothness???

LOL 7 results! :D 

FX8320 4.2Ghz@1.280v& 4.5 Ghz Turbo@1.312v Thermalright HR-02/w TY-147 140MM+Arctic Cooling 120MMVRM cooled by AMD Stock Cooler Fan 70MM 0-7200 RPM PWM controlled via SpeedfanGigabyte GA990XA-UD3Gigabyte HD 7970 SOC@R9 280X120GiBee Kingston HyperX 3K2TB Toshiba DT01ACA2001TB WD GreenZalman Z11+Enermax 140MM TB Apollish RED+2X Deepcool 120MM and stock fans running @5VSingle Channel Patriot 8GB (1333MHZ)+Dual Channel 4GB&2GB Kingston NANO Gaming(1600MHZ CL9)=14GB 1,600 Jigahurtz 10-10-9-29 CR1@1.28VSirtec High Power 500WASUS Xonar DG, Logitech F510Sony MDR-XD200Edifier X220 + Edifier 3200A4Tech XL-747H 3600dpiA4Tech X7-200MPdecent membrane keyboardPhilips 236V3LSB 23" 1080p@71Hz .

Sorry for my English....

Didn't show up on windows update for me.

I use firefox. But definitely prefer ie over chrome. Use it occasionally...