Anthrax 7.0 - Mostly Whoosh With A Bit Of Sploosh

Didn't your mobo just get RMA'd before?

Command Center:

Case: Corsair 900D; PSU: Corsair AX1200i; Mobo: ASUS Rampage IV Black Edition; CPU: i7-3970x; CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i; GPU: 2x ASUS DCII GTX780Ti OC; RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB (8x8) 2133MHz CL9; Speaker: Logitech Z2300; HDD 1: Samsung 840 EVO 500GB; HDD 2: 2x Samsung 540 EVO 500GB (Raid 0); HDD 3: 2x Seagate Barracuda 3TB (Raid 0); Monitor 1: LG 42" LED TV; Monitor 2: BenQ XL2420TE; Headphones 1: Denon AH-D7000Headphones 2Audio-Technica AD1000PRMHeadphones 3Sennheiser Momentum Over-EarHeadsetSteelseries Siberia Elite; Keyboard: Corsair Strafe RBG; Mouse: Steelseries Rival 300; Other: Macbook Pro 15 Retina (Mid-2014), PlayStation 4, Nexus 7 32GB (2014), iPhone 6 64GB, Samsung Galaxy S6 64GB

Didn't your mobo just get RMA'd before?

Yes Sir thes the one I received from said Advanced RMA.

Update: #027

============

Well this is hopefully the final major parts order for this build. With this order I also received the correct length 24 pin ATX and 6 pin PCI-E individually sleeved extensions.

IMG_6775.jpg

IMG_6789.jpg

Remember to LinusTechTips-Followthistopic.png to receive continued updates automatically!

Can't wait for it's "final form" :D

Command Center:

Case: Corsair 900D; PSU: Corsair AX1200i; Mobo: ASUS Rampage IV Black Edition; CPU: i7-3970x; CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i; GPU: 2x ASUS DCII GTX780Ti OC; RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB (8x8) 2133MHz CL9; Speaker: Logitech Z2300; HDD 1: Samsung 840 EVO 500GB; HDD 2: 2x Samsung 540 EVO 500GB (Raid 0); HDD 3: 2x Seagate Barracuda 3TB (Raid 0); Monitor 1: LG 42" LED TV; Monitor 2: BenQ XL2420TE; Headphones 1: Denon AH-D7000Headphones 2Audio-Technica AD1000PRMHeadphones 3Sennheiser Momentum Over-EarHeadsetSteelseries Siberia Elite; Keyboard: Corsair Strafe RBG; Mouse: Steelseries Rival 300; Other: Macbook Pro 15 Retina (Mid-2014), PlayStation 4, Nexus 7 32GB (2014), iPhone 6 64GB, Samsung Galaxy S6 64GB

Can't wait for it's "final form" :D

How many do you think its going to take to get there?

No idea... But for this topic you have to make like a complete overview of the build! :D

Command Center:

No idea... But for this topic you have to make like a complete overview of the build! :D

So what your saying is my current coverage isn't through enough? :P

Or that you want to see more of the same to the end? :D

We want moar of the same! ;)

Command Center:

We want moar of the same! ;)

I think I should be able to manage that... *whistles*

2014-05-2521_02_50-newnewbuildpics.png

I think I should be able to manage that... *whistles*

Beautiful log mate. I have the same camera... And I'll have the same lens soon (it makes pretty pictures...) :P

For a build of this caliber (of price), why not full water cooling?

Also, Noctuas are beautiful... BUT SO LOUD... T_T

<They Have a droning hum>

Case: Lian Li PC011-D - CPU: 3900x - GPU: 2080ti Reference - Mobo: Gigabyte - Ram: Corsair 4x16gb 3200MHz - SSD: 2TB Samsung Evo NVME

Beautiful log mate. I have the same camera... And I'll have the same lens soon (it makes pretty pictures...) :P

For a build of this caliber (of price), why not full water cooling?

Also, Noctuas are beautiful... BUT SO LOUD... T_T

<They Have a droning hum>

Oh the 40mm pancake? Yea I really like the lens. Its actually one that youll want to hold onto unlike the plastic fantastic. The build quality including the little lens hood is far superior. I also would have to argue that 40mm is actually better choice for those with a crop frame camera. Also how many times are you actually going to want to drop below 2.8? oh and yes it does make pretty pictures :D .

yea its only partial water cooling for one very good reason... ... ... GTX 880 (or well maybe 870 if the performance gap is as tiny as 600 series). After that I plan to put in at least a 280mm rad on the bottom and water blocks on the new GPU's at a minimum sticking with the H320 as the base. Oh and lets just not talk about the price, cause yea I really dont want to know at this point. Once this build is together with the 880's I dont plan to do any major upgrades or a while. Im going to skip Haswell-E and likely Broadwell-E and got straight to Skylake-E. The only part of the build that is otherwise in need of a upgrade are the SSDs, but Intel 730 series so expensive *cringe*.

The NF-F12's do have a hum, I think because of the blades on the back that straighten the air. This can happen with any fan once on a rad but well see its actually been a while since ive had noctua's running regularly since their mostly all in this build now. The NF-A14's however I have never had such an issue with and actually drop ~200rpm lower than the NF-F12's on PWM. I have a good deal of experience setting them up in a friends build.

-snip-

I have a few NF-F12's in my build, not on a rad, and they still hum. It's just the noise the motor gives off.

I did a review recently of the NF-F12's vs Gentle Typhoon vs Corsair fans. The Gentle Typhoons just produce such little noise, that they spoil me :P

Case: Lian Li PC011-D - CPU: 3900x - GPU: 2080ti Reference - Mobo: Gigabyte - Ram: Corsair 4x16gb 3200MHz - SSD: 2TB Samsung Evo NVME

I have a few NF-F12's in my build, not on a rad, and they still hum. It's just the noise the motor gives off.

I did a review recently of the NF-F12's vs Gentle Typhoon vs Corsair fans. The Gentle Typhoons just produce such little noise, that they spoil me :P

I meant that the NF-F12's make a similiar noise to what other fans sometimes make on rads which is what makes me thing its the blades on the back straightening the air that does it.

Yea and now you cant yet them, so :P . Ive had GT's before when they first came to the states in a Antec P183 which I later sold to my cousin. I have 2 3000rpm High Speed versions converted to PWM in ChibiPC, my ITX build, but theyre a bit loud even all the way down. I was looking at swapping them for the 2K rpm PWM eloops possibly but dont have the money on hand at the moment and the GT High Speeds are doing an amazing job of cooling even if they are a bit loud.

Also dont get me started on Corsair fans >_> . I have had no luck with the ones ive had especially when undervolting, oh the motor noise.

Also dont get me started on Corsair fans >_> . I have had no luck with the ones ive had especially when undervolting, oh the motor noise.

I switched all of my fans from SP/AF120 High Performance Corsair fans, and it was a WORLD of difference.

I went from hearing my computer in a different room, to not being able to hear it beside me.

Either way, I dig the build so far, let us know how those fans sound when they're turned down.

Have to agree with GentleTyphoons! Can't go wrong with them! :D

Command Center:

Have to agree with GentleTyphoons! Can't go wrong with them! :D

But its not possible to go with them anymore. :P

But its not possible to go with them anymore. :P

Huh? :o

Command Center:

Huh? :o

They are no longer produced so what's left on retailers sites is what's left.

Update: #028

============

Anyone remember the ram cooler idea I had back in Update #06? Well, here are some closeups of my proof of concept. What do you all think?

IMG_6802.jpg

IMG_6810.jpg

IMG_6815.jpg

IMG_6823.jpg

IMG_6827.jpg

IMG_6833.jpg

Remember to LinusTechTips-Followthistopic.png to receive continued updates automatically!

Ill see what I can do guys. Im going to try to get at least one update a night so we can keep this rolling!

Update: #28

===========

Anyone remember the ram cooler idea I had back in Update #06? Well, here are some closeups of my proof of concept. What do you all think?

Looks cool. I personally wouldn't cool my RAM for any reason other than looks. It's neat tho.

AMD FX 8350, ASUS Sabertooth 990fx R2.0, Crucial Ballistix Tracer 4x4GB 1866, PNY GTX780, Corsair HX850, Phantom 630, Samsung 120GB SSD, WD Black 2TB HDD

Rest in peace, legend.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X, Gigabyte RTX 3070, 32GB RAM, 4TB Samsung SSD, and a crippling depression that causes me to buy games and not play them lol

Won't it block the light from the RAM?

Command Center:

This.  This is also why I wouldn't put fans or anything over my Ballistix Tracers. LEDs make it go faster  :D

AMD FX 8350, ASUS Sabertooth 990fx R2.0, Crucial Ballistix Tracer 4x4GB 1866, PNY GTX780, Corsair HX850, Phantom 630, Samsung 120GB SSD, WD Black 2TB HDD

Rest in peace, legend.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X, Gigabyte RTX 3070, 32GB RAM, 4TB Samsung SSD, and a crippling depression that causes me to buy games and not play them lol

Looks cool. I personally wouldn't cool my RAM for any reason other than looks. It's neat tho.

What did you think this was for :P The only time new ram might need a ram cooler is when you have all 8 slots populated with high frequency ram.

This.  This is also why I wouldn't put fans or anything over my Ballistix Tracers. LEDs make it go faster  :D

No not really the standard light bar that comes from the ram doesnt have the windows on the top so it just has a under glow effect. Also the upgraded light bar set costs $20 for a set of two of which I would need two of but that much silver clashes with the gold so it would be a waste of money. I did contact corsair about painting then and they said it would void the warranty, so thats a no go.

So looks like I forgot to post an update last night. I did how ever make a bit more progress on the build. I'll try to get an update or two up tonight after work for you guys!