Battlefield 4 Officially Runs at 720P on PlayStation 4

The creative director of Battlefield 4 ‘Lars Gustavsson’, has revealed that the game would officially run at 720P resolution on PlayStation 4 which would be upscaled to 1080P and deliver 60 FPS.

Battlefield-4-720P-PlayStation-4.jpg

Read more: http://wccftech.com/battlefield-4-officially-runs-720p-playstation-4-upscaled-1080p-60-fps/#ixzz2csbJAZdR

Seems like the next- gen console are even weaker than expected 

Seems like the next- gen console are even weaker than expected 

This is just sad. But I rather have 60fps on 720p then 1080p and 30fps when it comes to fps game =/

| i7 4790k | H100i | 16GB (8x2) Corsair Vengence | EVGA GTX 780 SC | ASUS Z97 Sabertooth Mark I | Samsung 840 120GB | WD 2TB Green x2 | Rosewill Hive 750W | 

This is just sad. But I rather have 60fps on 720p then 1080p and 30fps when it comes to fps game =/

Yeah I agree with the decision for frames over resolution but it should be able to do 60fps at 1080p.

720p > Upscaled to 1080p > On a large 1080p 50" TV with terrible pixel density

51kVy.png

Oh my god this next-gen graphics looks AMAZING.

HAHAHA Thanks for the laugh.

Yeah I agree with the decision for frames over resolution but it should be able to do 60fps at 1080p.

I personally don't think next-gen consoles will be able to hold steady 60fps for battlefield 4, maybe 30 but not 60, and certainly they wouldn't want fps drops.

| i7 4790k | H100i | 16GB (8x2) Corsair Vengence | EVGA GTX 780 SC | ASUS Z97 Sabertooth Mark I | Samsung 840 120GB | WD 2TB Green x2 | Rosewill Hive 750W | 

So the next-gen console is already a fail? And it isn't even released yet...

Well, consoles are consoles and in my opinion you can't really call them a fail. They are a great alternative for people who have no knowledge of pc or have no money for a decent one. They are better than most pre-built pc. Also, it's a great platform to make some extra cash for developers. 

you guys need to calm down, at least more people can run it at 60fps. What the hell were you expecting, a gpu with 1100 stream processors to pump out the firepower of a 7970. Its still decent for a launch title. The beauty about consoles is that their games look better and better as time goes by. Just compare uncharted 1 to the last of us.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

We watch 2k movies (which isn't much more than 1080p) on huge cinema screens ... I think 720p is enough for TV anyway ...

Mini-Desktop: NCASE M1 Build Log
Mini-Server: M350 Build Log

looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

| 5820k+EK supremacy nickel+acetal white 4.5Ghz | X99 Deluxe | Enthoo Luxe | 2x gtx780+komod NV full cover block | Corsair AX1200i | WD blue 500gb |

Kingston V300 120gb | Samsung 840 Evo 500gb| Bitspower D5 vario+Res combo | primochill advanced LRT tubing (Solid White) |

| Alphacool Nexxos MONSTA dual 120mm Black Ice nemesis GTX360 triple 120mm | Noctua NF-F12 X4 | Bitspower true silver 1/2ID 3/4 OD compressions (various angles) |

Well, consoles are consoles and in my opinion you can't really call them a fail. They are a great alternative for people who have no knowledge of pc or have no money for a decent one. They are better than most pre-built pc. Also, it's a great platform to make some extra cash for developers. 

Consoles are a "Loss leader" that means they are sold BELOW COST to get people to buy them and then you get raked over the coals on the price of games.

Over the lifetime of a console the same amount of money or more will be invested in games, overpriced controllers and fees that you could have spent on a decent PC

and got a hell of a lot more....

Consoles are FAIL and obsolete before they leave the factory floor.

Plus. You don't need to know how to assemble a PC, stores sell systems pre-built or will assemble your choice of parts for a small fee.

8mKzueY.png

PS4 buyers just have to wait it out

If your post is wrong next gen consoles will not be even worth 200$ i kinda have a soft spot for playstation, but gone are my console days anyway, the bad thing here is we get another generation of poorly ported console games...

System

CPU: i7 4770kMotherboard: Asus Maximus VI HeroRAM: HyperX KHX318C9SRK4/32 - 32GB DDR3-1866 CL9 / GPU: Gainward Geforce GTX 670 Phantom Case: Cooler Master HAF XBStorage: 1 TB WD BluePSU: Cooler Master V-650sDisplay(s): Dell U2312HM, LG194WT, LG E1941

Cooling: Noctua NH-D15Keyboard: Logitech G710+Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus SpectrumSound: Focusrite 2i4 - USB DAC / OS: Windows 7 (still holding on XD)

Consoles are a "Loss leader" that means they are sold BELOW COST to get people to buy them and then you get raked over the coals on the price of games.

Over the lifetime of a console the same amount of money or more will be invested in games, overpriced controllers and fees that you could have spent on a decent PC

Plus. You don't need to know how to assemble a PC, stores sell systems pre-built or will assemble your choice of parts for a small fee.

Yeah they are sold below the cost to make them, that's why they are better than most pc in the price range. Also, that's why they have exclusives, and service fees to make some of the money they lost back. Yeah you will be spending money on games, is that not what you do on pc? You don't need to buy another over priced controller your console comes bundled with one. How can you pick out pc parts if you don't even know what each one does? Local store will give you suggestions? What if they are trying to rip you off? With consoles you know what you are getting, and that's a decent gaming platform. 

YES

thank you DICE 60fps FINALLY !!!!!

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

i dont know where this "below cost" bs came from this isnt ps3 

they havent spend hundreds of millions of dollars for the cpu like the ps3

sony has already said they arnt selling it at a loss just google it

http://www.extremetech.com/gaming/155521-playtation-4-sony-announces-the-ps4-wont-be-sold-at-loss

@IvanSnipedYu

read above

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

Before everyone shouts 'FAIL' without thinking; bare in mind that the most expensive singe card solution- a $1000 GPU like the Titan in crysis 3 cannot give you a consistent 60fps when maxed out with AA and everything at 1080p. Let alone higher resolutions... That's the sorry state of the GPU industry...

I personally don't think next-gen consoles will be able to hold steady 60fps for battlefield 4, maybe 30 but not 60

Hmmm not sure but at 720p they may be able too...

i dont know where this "below cost" bs came from this isnt ps3 

they havent spend hundreds of millions of dollars for the cpu like the ps3

sony has already said they arnt selling it at a loss just google it

http://www.extremetech.com/gaming/155521-playtation-4-sony-announces-the-ps4-wont-be-sold-at-loss

@IvanSnipedYu

read above

To be honest I don't care about whether they are selling at a loss or not because as a consumer all I want is a solid product. I just wanted to clarify my stand point and address his argument.

Before everyone shouts 'FAIL' without thinking; bare in mind that the most expensive singe card solution- a $1000 GPU like the Titan in crysis 3 cannot stay consistently above 60fps in Crysis 3 when maxed out with AA and everything. That's the sorry state of the GPU industry...

That's what I was saying haha ^_^ 

pre built systems are terrible because almost all don't have a ghrafics card and i don't know of any stores that will assemble your pc for you

oh dear was that YOUR computer i just downloaded a few dozen viruses on when you weren't paying attention?

Before everyone shouts 'FAIL' without thinking; bare in mind that the most expensive singe card solution- a $1000 GPU like the Titan in crysis 3 cannot give you a consistent 60fps when maxed out with AA and everything at 1080p. Let alone higher resolutions... That's the sorry state of the GPU industry...

why are you comparing crysis with bf3 ?

you mad bro ?

pre built systems are terrible because almost all don't have a ghrafics card and i don't know of any stores that will assemble your pc for you

IDK if you have one near you but Frys builds pc for like 80 bucks I think? Not sure. But they work on commission so if they detect that you know nothing about computers I suspect that they might trick you into buying super expensive parts that you don't need.

why are you comparing crysis with bf3 ?

Who said anything about battlefield 3?