AMD's Radeon Software Crimson doesn't live up to the hype on Linux

How dare you not knowing that! =p It's the legendary AE86 from initial-D

Ive just realised they've made fifth stage

also 1st stage's opening sequence is better

This is the first release of this "Crimson" software. The Linux optimization shit didn't make it this release, obviously. Or it got pushed back. Either way, this has nothing to do with your analogy. Software can be modified more easily than a shoe can.

Ive just realised they've made fifth stage

also 1st stage's opening sequence is better

the live action movie is better... something i rarely get to say, if ever... but really, the live action movie IS better.

manga is still best

What did people expect? It doesn't come with the new GUI, and OpenGL is still a broken POC. Nothing will change on Linux until Vulkan launches. And even then it will take a long while until games uses it properly.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

This is the first release of this "Crimson" software. The Linux optimization shit didn't make it this release, obviously. Or it got pushed back. Either way, this has nothing to do with your analogy. Software can be modified more easily than a shoe can.

Then maybe they should not have promised it for this release... Don't make promises you can't keep.

Linux userbase for gaming is literally within margin of error.

well... as much as i'm a linux fanboy, that pretty much nails it.

i LOVE linux for server, thinkering, and hard drive maintenance.

gaming... eh.. not so much.

They didn't try very hard, did they?

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

How about Linux not living up to the hype? :P

The only "hype" was what valve tried to generate with steamos, how they didn't notice linux users don't use linux to play games on is beyond me ^^ still, the more games get ported over and the more linux adoption spreads, the more reasons nvidia and amd will have to produce quality drivers. Personally I think kvm is the way.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

i dont understand why people would get linux for gaming. 

Well, if it worked well there would be pletny of reasons, the problem is it doesn't ^^ at least intel's igpu drivers are fine

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

How about Linux not living up to the hype? :P

Probably posted through an Android phone through a series of Linux routers and ending up in a Linux server, so double  :P to you  :)

-------

Current Rig

-------

Probably posted through an Android phone through a series of Linux routers and ending up in a Linux server, so double  :P to you  :)

Whats Android ? I only use my iPhone also the mobile site sucks balls. :P

CPU: Xeon 1230v3 - GPU: GTX 770  - SSD: 120GB 840 Evo - HDD: WD Blue 1TB - RAM: Ballistix 8GB - Case: CM N400 - PSU: CX 600M - Cooling: Cooler Master 212 Evo

Update Plans: Mini ITX this bitch

Whats Android ? I only use my iPhone also the mobile site sucks balls. :P

Oh my bad, you're using a BSD like OS which is still Unix like, much more closer relative to Linux than Windows.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Oh my bad, you're using a BSD like OS which is still Unix like, much more closer relative to Linux than Windows.

Does it really matter? The point is that Linux as a consumer OS - maybe more specifically for gaming - does not have any significant traction and it currently lacks a proper API and proper drivers to become what Valve envisions. Now let's see what happens post-Vulkan.

Why should anyone waste valuable time and money making good drivers for an OS with less than 1% market share(according to steam stats)? Not even Valve jerking off their crappy Steam OS can get AMD and Nvidia to give a shit.
I was actually thinking about dual booting Steam OS or Ubuntu with my Windows 10 until I saw this video.

Why should anyone waste valuable time and money making good drivers for an OS with less than 1% market share(according to steam stats)? Not even Valve jerking off their crappy Steam OS can get AMD and Nvidia to give a shit.

I was actually thinking about dual booting Steam OS or Ubuntu with my Windows 10 until I saw this video.

That's because Steam OS and every other distribution of Linux on the planet is using OpenGL. Once we get Vulkan and a driver built from the ground up for linux from Nvidia and AMD, there is no reason why Linux should not take over the PC Gaming industry. Just my two-cents.

INTEL 5960X | EK PREDATOR 360 | NOCTUA NF-F12 IPPC-3000 | ASUS RAMPAGE V EXTREME | EVGA 980 TI HYBRID G.SKILL RIPJAWS 4 64GB | SAMSUNG 950 PRO 512GB | SAMSUNG 850 EVO 2TB

MATTE BLACK NZXT H440 | SUPERFLOWER LEADEX TITANIUM 1600W | TRIPLE ASUS VGE248QE | MICROBOARD B400 UHD HDX | DASKEYBOARD 4 ULTIMATE | DUCKY SECRET | SENNHEISER GAME ZERO

That's because Steam OS and every other distribution of Linux on the planet is using OpenGL. Once we get Vulkan and a driver built from the ground up for linux from Nvidia and AMD, there is no reason why Linux should not take over the PC Gaming industry. Just my two-cents.

There's no reason why it should either.

There's no reason why it should either.

1. It's free. 2. You have complete control of the OS. 3. The Linux kernel is the most efficient and powerful kernel that mankind has invented. Even Microsoft has been learning from the Linux kernel. The more support we get for Linux, the more programmers we bring over, the more applications we get, the easier our lives become. There really isn't much argument here. I love all the years of fun that Windows has brought me, but honestly, it's time to move on to what has the potential to be a better OS in every possible way.

EDIT: I just wish the AAA gaming industry and the GPU industry would get their shit together.

INTEL 5960X | EK PREDATOR 360 | NOCTUA NF-F12 IPPC-3000 | ASUS RAMPAGE V EXTREME | EVGA 980 TI HYBRID G.SKILL RIPJAWS 4 64GB | SAMSUNG 950 PRO 512GB | SAMSUNG 850 EVO 2TB

MATTE BLACK NZXT H440 | SUPERFLOWER LEADEX TITANIUM 1600W | TRIPLE ASUS VGE248QE | MICROBOARD B400 UHD HDX | DASKEYBOARD 4 ULTIMATE | DUCKY SECRET | SENNHEISER GAME ZERO

1. It's free. 2. You have complete control of the OS. 3. The Linux kernel is the most efficient and powerful kernel that mankind has invented. Even Microsoft has been learning from the Linux kernel. The more support we get for Linux, the more programmers we bring over, the more applications we get, the easier our lives become. There really isn't much argument here. I love all the years of fun that Windows has brought me, but honestly, it's time to move on to what has the potential to be a better OS in every possible way. I just wish the AAA gaming industry and the GPU industry would get their shit together.

And an OS that doesn't "break" or require a new activation key/long call to Microsoft when you move the HDD from one computer to another/to a full upgrade.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

And an OS that doesn't "break" or require a new activation key/long call to Microsoft when you move the HDD from one computer to another/to a full upgrade.

YES! Of course I get where Microsoft is coming from, they're trying to sell a product. But, honestly, f*ck the whole activation idea. Answer: Linux. I dual-boot; and my life is so much easier over on Linux. I just want the AAA gaming industry and the GPU industry to get their shit together and develop for Linux.

EDIT: Also, just f*ck proprietary anything.

1. It's free. 2. You have complete control of the OS. 3. The Linux kernel is the most efficient and powerful kernel that mankind has invented. Even Microsoft has been learning from the Linux kernel. The more support we get for Linux, the more programmers we bring over, the more applications we get, the easier our lives become. There really isn't much argument here. I love all the years of fun that Windows has brought me, but honestly, it's time to move on to what has the potential to be a better OS in every possible way.

EDIT: I just wish the AAA gaming industry and the GPU industry would get their shit together.

Windows costs money but that's because of the 10 years of updates and technical support you get, Microsoft still supports Vista lol. 99% of PC gamers don't need or want to have "complete control of the OS", whatever that means. The only way you would ever get enough gamers to switch to Linux to even make a scratch in the market share is if it netted like a 5-10 FPS gain over Windows and was easily able to play big boy games like Battlefield and Fallout 4, and had all of the programs that are pretty much ingrained into western society now like Microsoft Office and Skype.

Oh how terrible! You have to have a phone call with someone lol. Learn the difference between retail and OEM.

Windows costs money but that's because of the 10 years of updates and technical support you get, Microsoft still supports Vista lol. 99% of PC gamers don't need or want to have "complete control of the OS", whatever that means. The only way you would ever get enough gamers to switch to Linux to even make a scratch in the market share is if it netted like a 5-10 FPS gain over Windows and was easily able to play big boy games like Battlefield and Fallout 4, and had all of the programs that are pretty much ingrained into western society now like Microsoft Office and Skype.

Oh how terrible! You have to have a phone call with someone lol. Learn the difference between retail and OEM.

I have to call some one who doesn't have English as their first language, then I have to go through the activation BS. Then if that fails I get told to buy another copy. People like you are why we can't have nice OS.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Well, let's all just hold our judgement until Valve's Source 2 engine is released. Source 2 will be the first engine truly built from the ground up for Linux, and will net a significant FPS gain over Windows through Vulkan. We aren't living in a gaming-world dominating by Linux because of lazy developers. That's was the biggest eye-opener I learned throughout all my studies in CompSci.