Fans Disappointed at Razer Store Manila Opening

impreza0109

here is my side of the story.

As early as tues we were all already excited for the opening hence we went to Razer shop at Thurs to get some info on the line. We met some razer staff and a chinese guy. We even joked that we were there already to fall in line. The Chinese guy laughed and told us that line will start at friday downstairs in front of French Baker.

Friday morning I went to SM Annex in front of French Baker at around 11:30-12pm. there already 10 people on the line on the side of French Baker facing Edsa. We made sure that was the line by asking the guard, which told us that we cannot block the entrance of the mall. and so I waited on the line. My friend Linyan Guiap arrived so Im the 11th and he is the 12th. We were informing the others on fb the status of the line.

A group of Razer staff and some people idk who went down and took pictures of us in line. they gave the first 5 I think some razer calling cards. Wilbert (the one who got rushed to the hospital on saturay) was one of the people who got a calling card, he is 3rd in line. Later on we saw those photos tooked, on rappler saying something like there is already a line today(friday) for tomorrows Razer event.

The line slowly builds up. We were thinking since there are no staff around all the time to check the line, we decided to make a list based on the time arrival to avoid arguments/fights among us. Because we were already assuming that some of our friends will not make the first 100 and they might ask us favor to skip the line if they arrive late. And so we did pick some papers and asked each one on the line one by one to sign their names with the corresponding number. We weren't trying be the organizer, we just want everything to be peaceful and to do that we need a list. This list is as transparent as it can be. It includes signatures and handwritings of the people who was in the line. We even asked the people to take pictures of the list so as to calm them. the line grow longer and we asked people to remember their number and one guy brought at a marker saying that we should mark everyone's arm with their number to help them know which number they should be next too. It was the best experience really seeing all these people civilized and helping each other. One guy bought those big black trash bag, and started collecting garbage. There is even this guy who out of nowhere reach out some water to me because man we were so exhausted keeping everyone in line and listing down new ones. There is a CCTV camera just above us you can check it all there.

Then night came and these group of people refusing to fall in line stayed in front of the entrance. They aren't even allowed to form a line there the guard told us when we first arrived. They claimed that they have a Mineski with them and that the line we formed isn't official. Yes our list isn't official but we did it to control the people and to avoid fights among those in line. Take note we did roll call every 2 hours just to make sure everyone is still there. The ones who aren't, we marked on the list and told the people beside them to go to us if they arrived. Because ofcourse we still need to go out of the line to eat, pee or something. There was even an instance tensions arised between the ones in lines and the ones that aren't.

Alas CEO Min arrived, that night and everyone was cheering. everybody rushed to him. WE WERE SHOUTING WITH ALL OUR HEARTS! CEO Min shouted on the megaphone "YOUR FUCKING AWESOME!" Then after that they asked us to fall back in line in which we did. and on the center of each line (60person per line) a grocery cart was passed with water bottles and pizza. everyone was given pizza and water. The beautiful Chinese lady was the one who lead the distribution.

After eating Razer team thanked us and left. By this time some are already sleepy and positioned back into line. Those who aren't in line, the one who claimed they are with Mineski, slept in front of the entrance. Some didn't sleep. We the ones taking the line and listing newly arrived didn't get enough sleep. but we were taking turns on who takes the list and who does the roll call.

Morning arrived and as soon as the people who wasn't in line stood up from their position everyone ran towards the entrance. it was disastrous. It took a while before we can convince those who are in line to fall back in. Some of us saw CEO Min's post on twitter I think referring to our list as official(I cannot attest to this as i was low on battery and can't go online on mobile), I will ask the other some reference to this and send you asap.

FINALLY MINESKI arrived. barricades were placed in front. since we weren't blocking the entrance we were at the back (French Baker side) and the ones who just arrived are in front. We talked to the Mineski who was in charge of organizing the line and tried to gave them the list and explained everything. The Mineski just said the list wasn't official hence invalid. We asked him how are you to go about this? pointing at the random people displace in front of the entrance. We told him it said on the event first 100 in queue! but Mineski just ignored us saying that we weren't the organizer. We explained we weren't trying to be, we were just trying to keep everything in order. But NO they didn't listen. They didn't even get our list. It was heart breaking for everyone, not because we won't get any Kraken, but because our effort on that camp-out got ignored. We kept our calm until believe me it was hard but we really tried until Mineski was giving away the black tags randomly at people. People in line were furious, and those people in front were quiet. the people in line were shouting at MINESKI for being late and for not doing their job.

That is the time our friend Wilbert collapsed and was brought to the hospital. I saw my son looking at me and told myself this is not worth it...

edit: That was from one of the people like me who lined up earlier for the event. MINESKI is supposed to be a large computer rental shop that has a team in our local Pro Gaming scene and organizes tech-related events. Razer wasn't the organizer, so there.

Personally, I am also disappointed. The article said that there were instructions on the Razer's Events page section, but it was added there on the eve of the actual opening. It was a total chaos. One person even fainted. There's also the local secondhand market is now flooded with Razer Kraken Pro Neons and are priced higher than retail since they have Min's signatures.

Personally, I was only there for the free Kraken (yes I admit) and plan to either give it to my gf or use it as my public headphone. I only have one Razer product, and it's a 2012 blackwidow (Cherry MX Blue). But still was disappointed since Razer said it was supposed to be the first 100 in line with any Razer peripherals or on cosplay will be given the Kraken. What actually happened was those who actually camped for the event were ignored and the free Krakens were given to regular people who didn't even have their own Razer products.

Source: http://www.back2gaming.com/focus-story/fans-disappointed-at-razer-store-opening/

Maybe a little more than a source please? My phone only loads so fast :P

'Fanboyism is stupid' - someone on this forum.

Be nice to each other boys and girls. And don't cheap out on a power supply.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

Maybe a little more than a source please? My phone only loads so fast :P

sorry it's my first time. I read the article earlier, but the story is so detailed I can't find a suitable quote. but i'll edit it in a quote in a few moments.

As a Filipino, I'm proud to say 

Who the f*ck wants Razer anyway?

Our country is blinded by the company too much already

Example:

Kid walks into store filled with Roccats, Logitech and Steelseries headsets and keyboards (DataBlitz, only Filipinos will know this)

Buys Razer Kraken and explains to parents that it's the "best sounding headphones because my friends use it"

@DigitalHermit 

mmmm I'm Filipino and I don't really care that much. Got no problems with any brand to be honest lol! I've had an rma with corsair before But It doesn't mean I hate them 

CPU: I5 7400 | Motherboard: MSI H110M  | RAM: 16GB G-Skill 2400mhz  | GPU:  NVIDIA  MSI Gaming 4G GTX 970 | Case: Tecware Quad | Cooling: Stock| Storage: Kingston 120gb SSD, 1TB Drive ,  | PSU: Seasonic 620 Watt 80+ Bronze Full Modular | Display: Devant 50 Inch Smart TV   | 

Those on the VIP waiting list were probably instructed to return the heavy hitter stuff like laptops back. If there's something that's worst than a cheap attention grab and artificial hype only to find out it ends up being a motherfucking scam that endangers the health of attendees: They should be fucking sued and have this store looted.

-------

Current Rig

-------

It's a third world country (What did you expect?)

We're simply uneducated and don't know what we do with money

So these morons are morons because they lack actual education to begin with

They should be fucking sued and have this store looted.

You can't sue in the Philippines (Which is the saddest part) and if you can they won't mind your report unless you're some rich politician 

Don't worry our criminals are quick at looting  ;)

You can't sue in the Philippines (Which is the saddest part) and if you can they won't mind your report unless you're some rich politician 

Don't worry our criminals are quick at looting  ;)

Were looting will have to do sadly. Not that I condone or encourage looting in any way shape of form, but for the satirical purposes of this discussion though.

-------

Current Rig

-------

So... Rowdy crowds + poor management + couple of assholes = shit storm. 

Least Alodia was there hue hue hue...

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

Only reason I have a Razer keyboard is 'cause I got it cheap from a coworker and while I'm satisfied with it (for a membrane keyboard, it's decent), I wouldn't ever consider buying anything Razer, be it new or second hand.

Was actually looking at the Naga. Used it for 30 minutes and I said NOPE. Just ordered a Steelseries MMO mouse earlier this morning for half the price (less than that actually) of the Naga and while it may not have A BILLION thumb buttons (which is actually why I said no to the Naga, since I kept pushing the wrong ones), it'll fit my MMO needs D:

Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down. - Adam Savage

PHOΞNIX Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.75GHz | Corsair LPX 16Gb DDR4 @ 2933 | MSI B350 Tomahawk | Sapphire RX 480 Nitro+ 8Gb | Intel 535 120Gb | Western Digital WD5000AAKS x2 | Cooler Master HAF XB Evo | Corsair H80 + Corsair SP120 | Cooler Master 120mm AF | Corsair SP120 | Icy Box IB-172SK-B | OCZ CX500W | Acer GF246 24" + AOC <some model> 21.5" | Steelseries Apex 350 | Steelseries Diablo 3 | Steelseries Syberia RAW Prism | Corsair HS-1 | Akai AM-A1

D.VA coming soon™ xoxo

Sapphire Acer Aspire 1410 Celeron 743 | 3Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Home x32

Vault Tec Celeron 420 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | Storage pending | Open Media Vault

gh0st Asus K50IJ T3100 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | 40Gb HDD | Ubuntu 17.04

Diskord Apple MacBook A1181 Mid-2007 Core2Duo T7400 @2.16GHz | 4Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Pro x32

Firebird//Phoeniix FX-4320 | Gigabyte 990X-Gaming SLI | Asus GTS 450 | 16Gb DDR3-1600 | 2x Intel 535 250Gb | 4x 10Tb Western Digital Red | 600W Segotep custom refurb unit | Windows 10 Pro x64 // offisite backup and dad's PC

Saint Olms Apple iPhone 6 16Gb Gold

Archon Microsoft Lumia 640 LTE

Gulliver Nokia Lumia 1320

Werkfern Nokia Lumia 520

Hydromancer Acer Liquid Z220

As a Filipino, I'm proud to say 

Who the f*ck wants Razer anyway?

Our country is blinded by the company too much already

Example:

Kid walks into store filled with Roccats, Logitech and Steelseries headsets and keyboards (DataBlitz, only Filipinos will know this)

Buys Razer Kraken and explains to parents that it's the "best sounding headphones because my friends use it"

@DigitalHermit 

I once walked into an audio store (Listening Room Megamall, visit there if you have the time...) and there was this man asking about the Razer earphones... I straight out butted in and said that the Razer headphones were too bassy (I tried them in-shop right before I butted in) and thus might make listening to music with them a horrible experience...

There's this other audio store at Robinson's Galeria called EggHead... Headphones as far as the eye can see in their little shop... and yes, you can try most of them...

Edit: I was in the area ealier and luckily, I decided to skip going to SM North and headed straight to the MRT station...

Edit2: To those wondering, Mineski is this big-ish chain of computer shops that organizes gaming events with sizeable prizes... didn't know that Razer got in on their gig... I stay away from Mineski since I personally don't like the local gaming scene...

Edit3: I'll take a quick peek at the shop on Thursday... They might have something that I would be remotely interested in... (maybe some MX black keyboards if they have them... not that I have the money to buy...) and I might also go ahead and test the knowledge of their staff...

It's a third world country (What did you expect?)

We're simply uneducated and don't know what we do with money

So these morons are morons because they lack actual education to begin with

Wow post deleted. So now we are not allowed to make fun of razor fanboys?

Sent from my Nexus 7 (2013).

Wow post deleted. So now we are not allowed to make fun of razor fanboys?

What the hell? Tell me how this isn't over-moderation. Disgusting.

Quote: "Look at all the sheep. Don't let these morons breed plz."

Could a mod explain to me how this is anything close to anything detailed in the CoC?

waffle waffle waffle on and on and on

Could a mod explain to me how this is anything close to anything detailed in the CoC?

2. Harassment and Profanities
You may not post content that contains material relating to the following: racism, hatred, violent language, threats, real-life threats, insults, extreme vulgar language, flaming, otherwise inappropriate or hurtful language, or harassment. Attempting to bypass the website's swear filter by replacing letters or intentionally misspelling words is not considered any differently.. In addition to words included in the censor list, sexual remarks may be considered profane when used in certain contexts and as such we suggest avoiding them altogether.

We have zero tolerance for personal attacks whether public or private on any individual or group ("personal attack" will be determined on a case by case basis by management). You may not use any method of delivery for materials which refer to ethnic/national origin, ideological or religious beliefs,gender, or sexual preference in a derogatory, demeaning, or provocative context.

CPU: i7 4770k | GPU: Sapphire 290 Tri-X OC | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LP 2x8GB | MTB: GA-Z87X-UD5HCOOLER: Noctua NH-D14 | PSU: Corsair 760i | CASE: Corsair 550D | DISPLAY:  BenQ XL2420TE

Firestrike scores - Graphics: 10781 Physics: 9448 Combined: 4289

"Nvidia, Fuck you" - Linus Torvald

Funny... Because I never see moderation used in the same way when it comes to Articles about other countries i.e. America. Plus, any Nvidia vs. AMD thread should probably be deleted as well because that's just one giant flame war.

CPU:i7 5930k @4.5 Mobo:x99 Deluxe RAM:32gb Corsair @2800 GPU: SLI EVGA Titan X Case: Corsair 900D Storage: 6x 4TB Seagate SSHD(raid5), 2x500gb Samsung 850 Evo Raid0 PSU: Corsair ax1500i Audio: Asus Essence STX

Well that sucks. I would have hoped razer would organize a better event.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

here is my side of the story.

As early as tues we were all already excited for the opening hence we went to Razer shop at Thurs to get some info on the line. We met some razer staff and a chinese guy. We even joked that we were there already to fall in line. The Chinese guy laughed and told us that line will start at friday downstairs in front of French Baker.

Friday morning I went to SM Annex in front of French Baker at around 11:30-12pm. there already 10 people on the line on the side of French Baker facing Edsa. We made sure that was the line by asking the guard, which told us that we cannot block the entrance of the mall. and so I waited on the line. My friend Linyan Guiap arrived so Im the 11th and he is the 12th. We were informing the others on fb the status of the line.

A group of Razer staff and some people idk who went down and took pictures of us in line. they gave the first 5 I think some razer calling cards. Wilbert (the one who got rushed to the hospital on saturay) was one of the people who got a calling card, he is 3rd in line. Later on we saw those photos tooked, on rappler saying something like there is already a line today(friday) for tomorrows Razer event.

The line slowly builds up. We were thinking since there are no staff around all the time to check the line, we decided to make a list based on the time arrival to avoid arguments/fights among us. Because we were already assuming that some of our friends will not make the first 100 and they might ask us favor to skip the line if they arrive late. And so we did pick some papers and asked each one on the line one by one to sign their names with the corresponding number. We weren't trying be the organizer, we just want everything to be peaceful and to do that we need a list. This list is as transparent as it can be. It includes signatures and handwritings of the people who was in the line. We even asked the people to take pictures of the list so as to calm them. the line grow longer and we asked people to remember their number and one guy brought at a marker saying that we should mark everyone's arm with their number to help them know which number they should be next too. It was the best experience really seeing all these people civilized and helping each other. One guy bought those big black trash bag, and started collecting garbage. There is even this guy who out of nowhere reach out some water to me because man we were so exhausted keeping everyone in line and listing down new ones. There is a CCTV camera just above us you can check it all there.

Then night came and these group of people refusing to fall in line stayed in front of the entrance. They aren't even allowed to form a line there the guard told us when we first arrived. They claimed that they have a Mineski with them and that the line we formed isn't official. Yes our list isn't official but we did it to control the people and to avoid fights among those in line. Take note we did roll call every 2 hours just to make sure everyone is still there. The ones who aren't, we marked on the list and told the people beside them to go to us if they arrived. Because ofcourse we still need to go out of the line to eat, pee or something. There was even an instance tensions arised between the ones in lines and the ones that aren't.

Alas CEO Min arrived, that night and everyone was cheering. everybody rushed to him. WE WERE SHOUTING WITH ALL OUR HEARTS! CEO Min shouted on the megaphone "YOUR FUCKING AWESOME!" Then after that they asked us to fall back in line in which we did. and on the center of each line (60person per line) a grocery cart was passed with water bottles and pizza. everyone was given pizza and water. The beautiful Chinese lady was the one who lead the distribution.

After eating Razer team thanked us and left. By this time some are already sleepy and positioned back into line. Those who aren't in line, the one who claimed they are with Mineski, slept in front of the entrance. Some didn't sleep. We the ones taking the line and listing newly arrived didn't get enough sleep. but we were taking turns on who takes the list and who does the roll call.

Morning arrived and as soon as the people who wasn't in line stood up from their position everyone ran towards the entrance. it was disastrous. It took a while before we can convince those who are in line to fall back in. Some of us saw CEO Min's post on twitter I think referring to our list as official(I cannot attest to this as i was low on battery and can't go online on mobile), I will ask the other some reference to this and send you asap.

FINALLY MINESKI arrived. barricades were placed in front. since we weren't blocking the entrance we were at the back (French Baker side) and the ones who just arrived are in front. We talked to the Mineski who was in charge of organizing the line and tried to gave them the list and explained everything. The Mineski just said the list wasn't official hence invalid. We asked him how are you to go about this? pointing at the random people displace in front of the entrance. We told him it said on the event first 100 in queue! but Mineski just ignored us saying that we weren't the organizer. We explained we weren't trying to be, we were just trying to keep everything in order. But NO they didn't listen. They didn't even get our list. It was heart breaking for everyone, not because we won't get any Kraken, but because our effort on that camp-out got ignored. We kept our calm until believe me it was hard but we really tried until Mineski was giving away the black tags randomly at people. People in line were furious, and those people in front were quiet. the people in line were shouting at MINESKI for being late and for not doing their job.

That is the time our friend Wilbert collapsed and was brought to the hospital. I saw my son looking at me and told myself this is not worth it...

a9c.png

TO be honest, they actually should be glad razer CEo ming decided to deliver some pizza's there, since I personally find it redicilous the stand in line for some random sht given out to the first 100 people.

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

2. Harassment and Profanities
You may not post content that contains material relating to the following: racism, hatred, violent language, threats, real-life threats, insults, extreme vulgar language, flaming, otherwise inappropriate or hurtful language, or harassment. Attempting to bypass the website's swear filter by replacing letters or intentionally misspelling words is not considered any differently.. In addition to words included in the censor list, sexual remarks may be considered profane when used in certain contexts and as such we suggest avoiding them altogether.

We have zero tolerance for personal attacks whether public or private on any individual or group ("personal attack" will be determined on a case by case basis by management). You may not use any method of delivery for materials which refer to ethnic/national origin, ideological or religious beliefs,gender, or sexual preference in a derogatory, demeaning, or provocative context.

Either way, whether the post was an 'attack' on a group of people, mods aren't consistent in the rules that they enforce. People calling anyone that buys Apple hipsters, morons, idiots and people that don't have a clue about anything, aren't ever deleted or dealt with by mods; well at least I've never seen any other post deleted, because someone said something negative to a user of a particular brand. 

I'm not saying it's okay to do any of the above, but rather the mods need to be consistent in the rules that they enforce, and if they're going to delete one post for a particular reason, any other post which is also affected by that reason should be deleted. Yet, no doubt they'll say 'if you see anything like that report it, otherwise we won't know', yet, I've seen mods stray into threads where there is posts that need dealing with and do nothing about it, then 10 minutes later when someone reports it they'll do something about it. 

If you have an issues with any moderation that has taken place, please send a PM to the moderator involved (if you know who it was) or another online moderator (if not). If you feel that a post should be removed, please report it so that we are made aware of it. Usually when members complain that nothing was done, it's because the post wasn't reported, so it wasn't brought to our attention and we were therefore unable to sort it out.

I have locked this thread now because the only conversation that I can imagine happening in this thread is poking fun at certain people, or a flame war between people who like a product and people who don't. Flame wars aren't allowed on this site, and nor is attacking other people, whether they are members of the site or not. Calling people sheep is not constructive and it's not appropriate on this site.

HTTP/2 203