This is it people. My Windows 10 update is ready. SHOULD I PRESS IT?!

centurion_08

No. Wait a couple weeks for the kinks to be worked out.

Just take a look at the forum over the last 3 days. We have literally had hundreds of threads complaining about something not working, or being broken, or not showing up. 

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

Make sure it is telling you that it is ready for install as if you force it early you may have problems.

If so, YES DO IT

it told me to update and now im stuck at 1024x768 resolution

i have an nvidia card and got the newest drivers that came out and have had no issues as of yet with windows 10 your experience may differ. but i say do it

askdjfasdf

incorrect i have Nvidia drivers and am still going strong, DO IT!

did you get the newest nvidia drivers for windows 10? itd be 353.62

askdjfasdf

haha I upgraded and I think it's awesome. Especially cortana. You can tell it to sing songs for you, do math calculations and even tell you jokes. Also, the boot time is super fast now after the last update and it's just getting better and better. But yes, if you are like the rest of the world you can wait. I mean the only thing that I think I would reconsider if I didn't upgrade is the fact that updates aren't optional, and the fact that they made microsoft edge super fast and google chrome slow in order to make people stray away from all the google stuff. But yeah, if you really want to upgrade you can do it. I did it and I don't regret it. But you have a year to do it so I wouldn't rush it unless you actually had the money to go back if there were some kind of emergency in the future.

did you get the newest nvidia drivers for windows 10? itd be 353.62

yes i downloaded the latest ones

TELL ME! PLEASE!

In my opinion, YES! Ive had no issues with Windows 10 so far, if anything my computer actually runs faster and boots into windows faster :)

yes i downloaded the latest ones

thats very strange....

askdjfasdf

thats very strange....

i dont think windows is detecting them and its using the OS video drivers not the nvidia ones

What about the privacy thingamajiggy. Can i turn of these "features"? And tell me once and for all, is it really that invasive?

Just take a look at the forum over the last 3 days. We have literally had hundreds of threads complaining about something not working, or being broken, or not showing up. 

Well, yeah, of course. People without problems tend not to post, so the sheer number of posts on a popular tech site is a fairly biased sample. There's always going to be a few having issues with every new release, but it doesn't mean there are massive systemic issues with Windows 10. Millions of people have it by now.

i dont think windows is detecting them and its using the OS video drivers not the nvidia ones

hmm....

askdjfasdf

and i have the same gpu as OP btw

i have the same cpu and motherboard as he does.....but thing is i have a 900 series not a 700 series so that could be the issue there but thats just a guess.

askdjfasdf

READ THIS!!!!!

WAIT: Some serious things you need to know before you upgrade:

Some Windows 10 drivers are not compatible with 7/8.1 drivers. Go to your motherboard's manufacturer's website, look up the drivers for that board, and download the Windows 10 ones before upgrading. Sometimes things like the LAN driver (network connection driver) on Win7/8.1 will just not be compatible, and that restrains you from going online and getting the drivers (you'll need to use a seperate computer to download them and move files over via flashdrive).

Also, if you're a gamer, WINDOWS 10 CANNOT RUN GAMES IN FULLSCREEN! You have to use Windowed or Borderless mode untill they fix this. Luckily Microsoft knows about the bug and are, as we speak, working on trying to fix it in the next update.
Also, Also, if you're a gamer, STEAM WILL LAG UP DEPENDING ON YOUR CPU. Its the hard truth. Windows 10 doesn't really like steam yet and it will lag really badly on a slower CPU, such as a laptop U type, or anything below an i5 (don't know for AMD).

THE MAIL, CALENDAR, PEOPLE, AND STORE APPS ARE BUGGED (these have nothing to do with your hardware [unless you have 256mb of RAM]):

Mail has trouble syncing your accounts manually.

People doesn't like new additions.

Calendar has trouble syncing your accounts manually.

Store will have (LOTS of) trouble downloading new apps. Don't know why, but it just can't without some Powershell configuration.

LOTS OF FEATURES ARE STRICTLY TOUCHSCREEN! Though all are manually accessible through start screen or shortcuts, most of the iconic Windows 8.1 features integrated into Windows 10 (swipe left/right on mail to delete/flag respectively, etc.) will require a touchscreen to use them in their ease of access state. Like I said, they are accessible manually, but it takes away the fun. ;)

NOTE: Some of these bugs are Windows 10 Home specific, and some vary per computer. So you may experience none of them, all of them, or just some of them. I don't have a chart or anything though so its all risk.

My opinion? Wait a bit. Wait for these bugs (among countless others in this broken OS) to be fixed and then go for it. Just my opinion though. If you want to get it now, you can go into your settings and have 1 month to revert back to the original OS you were using past upgrade date.

Just a heads up as I've upgraded and have experienced all of these with my friends who also upgraded.

Christian 

Use the following style specs in your sig to spread the LTT revolution!

Rig Specs:

Screeninator: Gigabyte GeForce GTX960

Powermathingy: Corsair CX600W

Stickiminator: 2x G.Skill ARES 4GB DDR3-1866

Procrastinator: AMD FX-8350 @4.1GHz 1.3V

Holdametalicizor: DIYPC Gamemax-BK

Noisoundacreator: Cyber Acoustics CA-3072 (loudamagargle) Onn Wireless FM Radio Headset (earamagargle)

Attachamathingy: ASRock 990FX Extreme9

Remembrerthing: Western Digital 1TB Blue, Western Digital 40GB Blue

Flat-Colorful-Thing: Acer K272HL

See-A-Move-O: Logitech Hyperion Fury G402

ButtonBoard: Cooler Master CMSTORM Devastator Blue

Talkamagargle: Blue Snowball Ice