Nvidia advertising Freesync Monitors on their website?

Mattieboi1

http://www.geforce.com/hardware/technology/g-sync/where-to-buy-g-sync-monitors-and-modules

So I was looking for a G-sync monitor and I looked at the BenQ one, which is the BenQ XL2730Z on Nvidias website, however that is a freesync monitor and the link they give on their website to Amazon and B&H is also the Freesync one. I know everyone hates one liner topics but my PC is giving me issues with screenshots and it keeps messing up the post. So have a look at their website.

I think it may be a mistake but how could they let this one slip? It is a competitors product.

fail

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

some amazon localizations have options, so maybe that one should have a free/g sync checkmark option but hasnt

i9 11900k - NH-D15S - ASUS Z-590-F - 64GB 2400Mhz - 1080ti SC - 970evo 1TB - 960evo 250GB - 850evo 250GB - WDblack 1TB - WDblue 3TB - HX850i - 27GN850-B - PB278Q - VX229 - HP P224 - HP P224 - HannsG HT231 - 450D                                                         

LOL must be feeling sorry for AMD after their latest showing so they thought they'd throw them a bone ;)

For me it links to the G-Sync one...

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Main rig:

i7-4790 - 24GB RAM - GTX 970 - Samsung 840 240GB Evo - 2x 2TB Seagate. - 4 monitors - G710+ - G600 - Zalman Z9U3

Other devices

Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone

Surface Pro 3 - i7 - 256Gb

Surface RT

Server:

SuperMicro something - Xeon e3 1220 V2 - 12GB RAM - 16TB of Seagates 

Uh........I thought since free-sync was open source nvidia and intel graphics could utilize it also.

over 9000 stream cores

I just see G-Sync monitors.

Uh........I thought since free-sync was open source nvidia and intel graphics could utilize it also.

Nope, FreeSync is AMD specific, even though it's based on the open Adaptive-Sync

5950X | NH D15S | 64GB 3200Mhz | RTX 3090 | ASUS PG348Q+MG278Q

it is, they don't yet, intel probably will jump on the boat, nvidia is unlikely.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

I understand Amazon has localisation options but the other site? I've never heard of it before as I'm not from the states but it has the same monitor? The freesync one :/ I just noticed it so it may just be me but from the reply of Minzo he also has an issue with the link? 

Yeah it is open source but I wouldn't expect nvidia to place it on their website.

Edit- Well the adaptive v-sync is open source, as far as I know FreeSync is just AMD's marketing for it? Could be horribly wrong though so don't quote me on that.

I just see G-Sync monitors.

Nope, FreeSync is AMD specific, even though it's based on the open Adaptive-Sync

it's just what amd calls their technology on gpu's. monitors have adaptive-sync that works with freesync  because it's a standard

The new XL2730Z is incorporated with VESA Standard Adaptive-Sync technology to support all Freesync-compatible AMD Radeon™ graphics cards to deliver the most seamless visuals for any gameplay.

http://gaming.benq.com/gaming-monitor/xl2730z

Spoiler

Not all of amd's gpus support freesync, so it sugests that it needs some kind of hardware support that might not be there on other brands at the moment. Freesync monitors however should work on any gpu that support display port's adaptive sync.

Not all of amd's gpus support freesync, so it sugests that it needs some kind of hardware support that might not be there on other brands at the moment. Freesync monitors however should work on any gpu that support display port's adaptive sync.

In LTT's Free Sync Video I heard them saying Free Sync would be a open source technology developed by AMD

over 9000 stream cores

Damn Nvidiot..

#Sorry

Details separate people.

I understand Amazon has localisation options but the other site? I've never heard of it before as I'm not from the states but it has the same monitor? The freesync one :/ I just noticed it so it may just be me but from the reply of Minzo he also has an issue with the link? 

Yeah it is open source but I wouldn't expect nvidia to place it on their website.

Edit- Well the adaptive v-sync is open source, as far as I know FreeSync is just AMD's marketing for it? Could be horribly wrong though so don't quote me on that.

adaptive sync is different from adaptive v sync

In LTT's Free Sync Video I heard them saying Free Sync would be a open source technology developed by AMD

it is open source so nvidia can write drivers for it but they choose not to because they have g sync and they dont want the 200 dollar more expensive g sync monitors to die off

For me it links to the G-Sync one...

Quite sure the second BenQ monitor (the XL2730Z) on the list is a Freesync one. The first is a Gsync one.

Maybe they're going to make a G-Sync version of that monitor? Who knows?

Blue Jay

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k (OC'd 4.4GHz) Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo Mobo: MSI Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon GPU: EVGA GTX 950 SSC RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB (1x8GB) SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Case: NZXT S340 Black/Blue PSU: Corsair CX430M

Other Stuff

Monitor: Acer H236HL BID Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Keyboard: I don't even know Mouse Pad: SteelSeries QcK Headset: Turtle Beach X12

GitHub

They listed the Acer XG270HU as well, which is also FreeSync.

Intel Core i7 4790K @ 4.6GHz | 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133MHz | Tt Water 2.0 Extreme w/ 2x NF-F12s | ASUS Maximus VII Formula | EVGA GTX 780 Ti 2 way SLI @ 1241MHz/7.85GHz | Intel 730 240GB | 2x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM | 2TB WD Green | EVGA SuperNova 1000 P2 | Phanteks Enthoo Primo

Maybe Nvidia is wising up and releasing a limited version of G-Sync (similar to the G-Sync laptops) which uses adaptive sync? 

A  man can dream.

Maybe Nvidia is wising up and releasing a limited version of G-Sync (similar to the G-Sync laptops) which uses adaptive sync? 

A  man can dream.

That would be rather good, even if it's limited to the same Refreshrate range as FreeSync it would sell. It will also probably work as advertising that you still need the full G-Sync module to get a full 30-144Hz experience.

5950X | NH D15S | 64GB 3200Mhz | RTX 3090 | ASUS PG348Q+MG278Q

Well, they need Display port 1.2. (or is it 1.3)

That's about it.

4K // R5 3600 // RTX2080Ti

dunno, when i click the BUYNOW from B&H, it gets me to the benq freesync monitor