Subreddits shut their doors in response to the firing of Victoria Taylor

After the firing of Victoria Taylor, the organizer of AMA's for many subs and  the unofficial community liaison to the admins, many subreddit moderators are closing the doors to their subreddits in protest. The first to go was /r/Iama with the statement, "for /r/IAMA to work the way it currently does, we need Victoria. Without her, we need to figure out a different way for it to work we will need to go through our processes and see what can be done without her." -/u/Karmanaut

Eventually, the blackout movement evolved into a protest of the lack of communication between reddit admins and moderators, and the lack of good moderation tools.  The movement has picked up speed and has spread from default subreddits only, to many non-default subreddits sitewide.

The writeup on OutofTheLoop goes in to far more depth.

Quote from The Verge "While Taylor's dismissal is a catalyst for the decision to make prominent subreddits private, moderators say that there has been a long-running feeling among their number that Reddit does not value their work or communicate effectively. "Dropping this on all of us in the AMA sphere feels like an enormous slap to those of us who put in massive amounts of time to bring quality content to reddit," r/science mod "nallen" writes. The moderators of r/AskReddit — a default subreddit with 8 million subscribers — also hint that the fact Reddit didn't consult or warn them about Taylor's dismissal, rather than the dismissal itself, was the key factor in making it private. "As a statement on the treatment of moderators by Reddit administrators," a note on the subreddit currently reads, "as well as a lack of communication and proper moderation tools, /r/AskReddit has decided to go private for the time being."

Who is this chick and why should I care? Do these admins only care because of propaganda, or is there a valid reason to want her to stay?

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Linking to The Verge. Ew. 

Reposting from off-topic. Ew.

The Internet is the first thing that humanity has built that humanity doesn't understand, the largest experiment in anarchy that we have ever had.

Live feed of the news:

https://www.reddit.com/live/v6d0vi6c8veb

3930k | RIVBE | 32GB Dominator Plat. | Titan XP | Intel 750 1.6TB | Mellanox 10Gb NIC | AX1200i 

Custom TJ07 | 2xD5 pumps | EK Supremacy EVO | EK Titan XP | EK RIVBE Block | Cu Tubing | 25x120mm Rad

Samsung U28D590D 4K | Leopold Otaku w/Browns | Corsair M65 | Corsair SP2500 | Sennheiser HD595

There is already a post about all of this in the off topic section: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/399302-reddit-sank/

i5 4690k | GTX 980Ti G1 Gaming | 16GB RAM | MSI Z97 Gaming 7 | NZXT Kraken X61 | 850 EVO 250GB x2  | 1TB 850 Evo NZXT Noctis 450 | EVGA 750W 80+ Gold

Ducky Shine 3 TKL (Browns) | LG 34UC87C | Logitech MX Master ATH-M50x's + DT990 Pro's 

Linking to The Verge. Ew.

Commenting on LTT forum. Ew.

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R