Reddit sank.

Lightning

Reddit just fired their admin Victoria WITHOUT WARNING, and no one knows why.

https://www.reddit.com/r/OutOfTheLoop/comments/3bw39q/why_has_riama_been_set_to_private/csq204d
https://www.reddit.com/r/OutOfTheLoop/comments/3bxduw/why_was_riama_along_with_a_number_of_other_large/

she was the one who met with celebrities and did all the interviews/AMAs with them. Apparently without her, that specific subreddit will not function properly.

now the subreddit's been temporarily shut down: https://www.reddit.com/r/iama

And now, 6 major subreddits has been shut down for protest.

IAmA
movies
science
art
gaming
history

This may be the end of reddit, I think.

Edit: Apparently the AMA subreddit generates most of the traffic to the site.

Update:

Victoria's live blog: https://np.reddit.com/live/v6d0vi6c8veb
Admin response: https://i.imgur.com/V2NEEsa.png

this mathematician/author dude is pissed:
https://twitter.com/edfrenkel

Damn.... Here hoping it's a temporary thing.

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

Well fucking damn.

At least we still have M$ Software swap and /r/PCMR

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

I think I have used Reddit three times since the life of it and if it dies I really don't care.  It is an ugly looking site and not fun to use. 

4chan master-race. jk (I've never been on 4chan, are they even comparable sites?)

Depends what 4chan boards you visit.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

Well fucking damn.

At least we still have M$ Software swap and /r/PCMR

I wish we didn't.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

What the fuck. 

I hope they release a letter stating what happened. And it better be good.

eGPU Setup: Macbook Pro 13" 16GB DDR3 RAM, 512GB SSD, i5 3210M, GTX 980 eGPU

New PC: i7-4790k, Corsair H100iGTX, ASrock Fatal1ty Z97 Killer, 24GB Ram, 850 EVO 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD, GTX 1080 Fractal Design R4, EVGA Supernova G2 650W

4chan master-race. jk (I've never been on 4chan, are they even comparable sites?)

Sort of, for someone who doesn't know much about these sites, but the attitudes of the people there are totally different. If you think some subreddits are circlejerk-y, then you haven't seen 4chin.

|  Athlon 750K   |   EVGA GTX 750 Ti FTW  |  Acer Aspire E15 - i5 6200u, 940M  |

|  Sennheiser HD 518   |   FiiO E10K DAC and Amp  |

Moto G (1st Gen)

The mod message on the Art sub is too good.

Hi. solidwhetstone here.

I've made /r/art and /r/crappydesign private at this moment because I think a protest is in order. I used to mod /r/iama and worked directly with /u/chooter- and I've seen the decline of reddit throughout Yishan and subsequently Chairman Pao's regime. Perhaps all of this is the straw that broke the camel's back. /u/chooter was one of the best employees reddit has ever had- and we as the community need to say- we've had enough.

The Internet is the first thing that humanity has built that humanity doesn't understand, the largest experiment in anarchy that we have ever had.

post-190343-0-13363900-1435888761_thumb.        I don't use redit, I didn't read it, I just decided to make this picture just simply because of the name of the post just for fun :P:/

MOTHERBOARD: some Asus motherboard CPU: I3-4130 GPU: Gigabyte(?) GT-1030 RAM: 8GB G.SKILL SNIPER 1600MHZ RAM + 4GB AMD ram PSU: Corsair CX450 CASE: Corsair Spec-03 OS: Win 10 64 bit Keyboard: Logitech G510s Mouse: Corsair G300s Camera: Canon EOS Rebel T5
I like outdoor warning sirens. Ask me anything about them.

I think this is the hardest downfall I have seen on the internet so far.

Week after week it seems something bad occurs on reddit of this magnitude, voat servers can't handle these days either. 

Desktop: Intel 4770k - 12GB Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz RAM - Asus Maximus VI Formula Mobo - Asus Strix 970 SLI - Cooler Master V850 PSU -  Nzxt Phantom 630 Case  - 1TB WD HDD - Samsung 840 Evo 250GB SSD - Nzxt Kraken X60 - 24" Asus VG248QE 1080p Monitor - Logitech G35 Headset -  G502 Proteus Core - Logitech G710+ Keyboard - Nzxt Hue - Windows 10

Can someone explain the reason behind going private?

Edit: Are they rebelling by going private? 

Eww. Don't link to subredditdrama.

The Internet is the first thing that humanity has built that humanity doesn't understand, the largest experiment in anarchy that we have ever had.

Can someone explain the reason behind going private?

Edit: Are they rebelling by going private? 

They directly harm the traffic of the site by going private. 

Jesus, I just started using Reddit, only when I have nothing better to do though.

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Intel Core i3-5005U, 8GB RAM, Crucial MX 100 128GB, Touch-Screen, Intel 7260 WiFi/Bluetooth card.

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

Softmodded Fat PS2 w/ 80GB HDD, and a Dreamcast.

If you want my attention quote my post, or tag me. If you don't use PCPartPicker I will ignore your build.

Are you kidding? It's great! Party time!!!!

Fuck off.

I use reddit for at least two hours a day, hope they figure something out.

// irenebb-pc v5 // [] Intel i5-9400F [] Radeon VII Lisa Su Edition [] 24GB Crucial Ballistix [] Acer ED323QUR (1440p/144hz) []

good...

nah jk ;)

It seems like there's almost monthly "reddit is going to die" events now lol.  

Coconuts Glow!